Opening task

SEE MY SKY

[Monday, 19th of March]

 

 

Your Pov 

 

 

After my yesterday's evening shift was over, I felt like a newborn baby. The whole six hours I had time to clear up my head since I needed to focus on my work. I had decided to stay away from Yoongi. My plan got ruined almost immediately this morning when we heard about our trip to Department of Production. I knew Yoongi was going to be there but hopefully we wouldn't cross paths. I mean how could we? It was a big department as well.

Today we were supposed to have the whole day dedicated to Music, Culture and History. First thing that Mrs. Han Boyoung told us about was the course's first project to be returned. The deadline was going to be on next week's Monday. We were supposed to choose an older student from the Department of Production to be our interviewee. The project was called: Interview, research and compare. I wasn't quite ready for it.

Mrs. Han told that she was going introduce us to some of the students in Department of Production so it wouldn't be too hard for us to approach them with the interview. Mrs. Han said that all the older students had done the same few years ago so they would gladly help us. Now we were standing in front of the main entrance to Department of Production. I felt my body shaking slightly.

We followed Mrs. Han inside and walked quietly behind her. There was few students hanging around here and there but mostly the corridors were empty. We made our way to the second floor and to our left. There was a classroom with glass walls. The glass wasn't completely transparent since it had these colorful design, shapes and lines filling the wall. I could see many desks and students inside of the classroom though. Mrs. Han knocked on the door and opened it before holding the door for us so we could get inside faster.

 

 

"Good morning Mrs. Han." I heard the English teacher, who taught us too, saying to Han teacher. Our English teacher was called Daniel Choi and was a handsome man in his forties. He wore these small glasses on his nose which was like his own trademark.

"Good morning. Thank you for letting me crash into your class." Mrs. Han smiled to him.

"Of course, of course. Hey class! You all have probably met Mrs. Han who teaches Music, Culture and History here in our campus. She's here today with the new students to help them make some contacts." Mr. Choi explained.

"They've all been in my course couple of years ago." Mrs. Han told to us. I scanned the classroom through with my sharp eyes. I saw one seat empty and no Yoongi inside of the classroom. I felt relieved immediately after realizing that he wasn't in this class.

"Wonder where's Namjoonie.." I heard Alyssa mumbling next to me. I gave her a questioning look but she just smiled and shook her head.

".. so if any of these young students comes and asks you for a interview, I sincerely hope you'll spare the few minutes to help them out with this course. Thank you." Mrs. Han ended which made me wonder what else did I miss while observing the classroom through.

"We'd appreciate it!" One of my classmate bowed to the older students so they started chuckling.

"Thank you for your cooperation! We'll leave you to it. Thank you Mr. Choi." Mrs. Han smiled and headed out of the classroom. We bowed to them and followed Mrs. Han out.

 

 

When we finally got out of the Department of Production, I saw Alyssa digging something in her bag. We started to walk towards our own department when Alyssa finally got her phone up from the bag. She placed the phone on her ear and I turned to look away so I wouldn't looke like I was eavesdropping.

 

 

"Oh. Why?" Alyssa asked and sounded casual.

...

"Really? Is Namjoon there too?" Alyssa asked and this time sounded a bit worried. Who is this Namjoon she keeps on talking about? I tried hard not to eavesdrop but it wasn't hard to hear her while walking right next to her.

...

"Ahh.. Alright. I'll get there now." Alyssa told and this sentence made me shot my gaze to her again. I saw how she tossed the phone back in her bag and turned to me. "I need to leave because of an urgent matter. Can you borrow your notes to me later?" She asked and I furrowed my brows.

"Since when did you find notes useful?" I asked in amusement.

"Well actually.. I don't really need them. Just tell the teacher I left." Alyssa nudged her head towards the main gates out of the campus.

"But where are you going?" I dared to ask.

"Oh yeah.. Dad called me. He said we need to go to Incheon with my cousin. It's important." Alyssa told and I nodded. I understood that I shouldn't poke around too much. So the Namjoon guy is her cousin.

"I'll tell Mrs. Han." I said and saw her smiling widely.

"Thank you so much babes!" She waved to me as she started to run towards the gates. I waved back at her, now realizing that I had no friends here aside from her. Her absence meant that I needed to act social and try to get to know the other students in my class. Naye fighting!

 

 

Hayi's Pov

 

 

It was noon as I was sitting on one of the benches in our campus' front yard. I had finished the first half of my acting class and now it was time for the lunch break. Today I had brought my own food so I didn't go to the cafeteria to eat. Sometimes I had the time and energy to cook for myself. 

The air outside was a bit chilly but the sun was shining which warmed me up. I checked the time from my phone. Any time now.

Like magic, I saw Yoongi heading my way from my right. I knew it. If you wanted to go to cafeteria from the Department of Production, you needed to pass this bench. It was just a good luck to see that Yoongi hadn't gone to eat before I arrived here. Yoongi saw me instantly and now rushed to me. He sat down to the bench and threw his arm over my shoulders casually.

 

 

"What are you doing?" I poked his left side with my fingers sharply.

"Yah yah yah.. It tickles!" Yoongi chuckled and removed his arm from me while smiling widely.

"How you doing?" I asked as he had stopped grinning.

"A bit tired but mostly hungry. Are you coming to eat? Let's go together." He took a hold of my right forearm.

"Well.. I brought my own lunch today." I wrinkled my nose to him and grabbed the boxes wrapped inside of a white cloth. I placed it on my lap.

"Ah.. Is that the same kind of lunch box you had a week or so before the winter break?" Yoongi pointed at the blue box I'd dug up.

"Yeah." I smiled to him. I saw how his face fell.

"It smells so good..." Yoongi eyed how I opened the box in front of him. His gaze wondered over the food inside. I held the box for him. "What?" 

"It's for you dummy." I lifted the box so it was now almost against his face. Yoongi took the box and gave me a confused look. I dug up the pink box and opened it too.

"Are you serious?" Yoongi's eyes widened. "You made this for me?" He confirmed so I nodded before placing a small cooked shrimp in my mouth.

"Then I'll graciously accept this. Thank you for the food." Yoongi chuckled and tasted the soup. "This is so good.." 

"Is it?" My eyes widened. I wasn't an excellent cook or anything. I just liked to cook and wanted to do better every time.

"Absolutely." He continued eating.

 

 

After finishing the food in the boxes, we stayed sitting there just for the two of us. I shivered slightly because of the cool wind that hit my body. Yoongi turned to look at me and instantly threw his red scarf at me.

 

 

"Yah." I wrinkled my nose but took the scarf and wrapped it around me. "Why red?" I asked while looking at the scarf.

"I got inspired by the Goblin." Yoongi snorted in amusement.

"Seriously?" I asked with a girly smirk lying on my face.

"No. I just know you like the color red and.. I know you never dress up enough when it's cold." He said these words way softer than anything he'd said to me earlier today.

"O-oh.." I hadn't expected his answer to be like that. "Then.. Thank you." I wrapped the scarf around me tighter. For a while we both stayed silent until I decided to break it. "Wonder where's Namjoon.. Isn't he usually with you?" I turned to look at him.

"Yeah.. Bang CEO told me that Namjoon had took this day off." Yoongi explained.

"Why would he tell you that?" I furrowed my brows.

"Because I got some of Namjoon's work for the next two days. I asked why and he told me. The real reason is the one you know about too.." Yoongi said quietly and turned to look the ground under us.

"Ah.." I opened my mouth to continue but no words came out. We all have our own struggles.

"What are you thinking about?" I heard Yoongi asking so softly, it made my heart skip a beat. I turned to look at him on my right.

"Namjoon.. My sister.. Mostly myself." I told with quiet words. I saw Yoongi furrowing his brows.

"Why?" He tilted his head as if he really wanted to hear my answer and not just because it was polite to ask.

"Well.. Do you remember when I told you about all the competitions my mom put me through when I was younger?" I asked and saw him nodding. "I didn't tell you back then that mom also brought my sister with me. We were both there to compete but we ended up competing against each other. I don't know if Naye feels the same way but I felt like she was always a threat to me. I felt as if I needed to fight her for mother's attention. Naye is a natural talent.. I've always worked so hard on making everything perfect. Naye had it all ever since she was born. Mom always praised her after the competitions and I only got to hear reproaches." I paused and exhaled heavily.

"Then what?" I noticed how Yoongi had moved himself slightly closer to me.

"Then the accident happened. It traumatized Naye so she couldn't sing a word after the happenings. The thing that makes me the worst person ever, is the fact that I was happy that she couldn't sing. For the first time ever, I felt like I didn't need to compete. I was the best. Our family became a proper mess because of the accident, everyone blaming themselves for the happenings so even when I didn't need to compete with Naye, I still couldn't get the attention I yearned for." I sniffed and looked away from him. "I have been a horrible sister." I whispered.

"Don't say that." I heard Yoongi mumbling and soon felt his arm wrapping itself around me. He pulled me close to him so I dared to lean on him.

"Everything happened because I was envious of her. My own sister who had no idea what was really happening behind her back." I told and felt how Yoongi caressed my arm soothingly.

"Don't say you're the bad one. It wasn't your fault." He said. "What I see is you trying to help her to get her voice back. You want her to sing again, right? That's why you told Namjoon about her?" Yoongi asked and I turned to look at him with my teary gaze.

"H-how did you??" I started but Yoongi shook his head to me.

"You seriously thought that I couldn't hear anything you told to Namjoon back in my apartment?" Yoongi looked slightly amused.

"But.." I bit my lips together.

"My lips are sealed. It's not my business anyway." He let go of me and stretched his arms up to the sky. "I appreciate you telling me this all."

"..." I nodded once while looking at him.

"And for your information.. I think you're an excellent sister. You're even helping your biggest rival to sing again." Yoongi stood up from the bench.

"Hmph.." I managed to smile a little. "Thank you Yoongi.. For being there for me." I saw Yoongi's eyes widening slightly.

"I'll be here for you, always." He held his hand to me so I grabbed it. Yoongi pulled me up easily. I grabbed my bag and the "box cloth" before he started to lead me towards my department.

 

 

[Tuesday, 20th of March]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

I was standing in front of the Department of Production. The clock was almost 9 am as I waited for Alyssa to arrive. This morning we had independent studies which meant that we had a great time to get someone to be interviewed. I hadn't seen anyone familiar just yet but my feet were getting shaky again just for the thought of seeing Yoongi inside.

 

 

"Hello my favorite ." I heard Alyssa's voice behind me. She was making her way to me with a grin on her face.

"Do you ever stop smiling?" I chuckled as she stopped next to me.

"Only rarely. Let's go I'm ready to hit it on with the other students!" Alyssa beamed. I opened the door inside and stared at her quietly.

"Can you please try to keep it professional?" I shook my head while holding in the laughter. Tuesday was a nice day since almost everyone had independent studies then. Only Department of Acting had full time classes with no independent studies. I was sure we could find someone to be interviewed easily.

"I'll try my best." She smirked and checked the main hallway through. She lifted her sunglasses up and checked the area again. "Where's everyone?"

"It's independent study hour. I guess they're somewhere around the department all doing their own things.

"Okay let's head up first." Alyssa pointed at the stairs. Before she managed to get far, I decided to ask what was on my mind.

"Hey Alyssa..." I started and saw her looking back at me.

"Yeah babes?" She smiled slightly.

"What happened in Incheon?" I asked and saw how her expression darkened a bit.

"Well I guess I can tell you.." Alyssa checked the area around us. "My grandmother had her death anniversary yesterday. I went to Incheon with dad and my cousin to visit her grave." She told and I could feel how my face fell.

"Oh.." I had no other words for her. I didn't know how to react.

"Don't look like that. It wasn't really a bad journey for me since I hadn't seen her in years. If I'm being honest.. I couldn't remember how she looked because I was so young back when I last time saw her. It was a pretty rough day to my dad and cousin though. I was there mostly for support. And of course it was nice to say hey to granny too." Alyssa smiled generously. I nodded to her slowly.

"My grandparents died before I was born and when I was just a baby.. I can't remember them at all so I can understand your point of view." I told and was happy that I could slowly open myself up to her. She was a pretty good friend to me already.

"Thanks." She smiled and pointed at the stairs. "Now let's run!"

 

 

We headed straight to the third floor. All the corridors were empty there as well so we decided to see if any of the rooms had people inside. For surprise the rooms weren't normal classrooms but some kind of booths. If I understood correctly, they were production booths where the students could do their study projects. I saw few red lights next to the doors. 

 

 

"Does the red light mean that someone's inside?" Alyssa asked.

"I think so." I nodded. "There's only three booths on use. So... Three possible people to interview." I pointed at her and saw her smiling.

"Alright let's go!" Alyssa started to march forwards.

"No don't do it! We can't harass the other students--" Before I could finish my sentence, the first door which had a red light over it, opened. Alyssa almost stumbled to her own feet while I took steps back as if I needed to hide. Wait what am I doing? I stood up straight and eyed the person walking out. No way.

"What's going on?" He asked as his gaze landed on Alyssa. Alyssa stood up straight immediately.

"Heeey!" Alyssa waved to Yoongi even though they were standing so close to each other. Yoongi just furrowed his brows to her. "We came here to interview you! It's for the History of Music Genres course thingy." She explained and waved her hand quickly towards my direction. I looked straight in Yoongi's eyes as he moved his attention to me.

"Naye.." He said quietly as if he was surprised to see me there. Well to be honest I was surprised to see him there too.

"Oh yeah you two already met, well whatever. Answer to my questions pleeeasee." Alyssa begged from Yoongi. He finally looked back to Alyssa.

"Really?" Yoongi asked and Alyssa just nodded.

"Wait I have a better!" Alyssa's eyes started to sparkle. "Pleaseee oppa!" She acted cutely like she wastrying to be a little puppy. My eyes widened when I saw her act. What is this situation? I felt my heart skipping a beat. Why was I feeling like this? Maybe because I knew Yoongi and Hayi had a thing going on but now these two were right in front of me acting like that.

"Yaaah.." Yoongi shook his head. "I'll answer if you never do that ever again!" He pointed at her sternly but Alyssa only chuckled to that. I suddenly felt like I was a third wheeler so I decided to leave them alone. I shook my head to the sight before heading down to the second floor.

 

 

When I stepped the last stair down to the second floor, I felt my ankle failing me because of my wobbly legs. I fell forwards that my knees hit the hard floor first and my hands followed them. Because of the weight I got on my hands, my arms failed too. My right side elbow took the weight against it. I was now lying on the ground with my body aching from a few parts

Just then I heard running steps coming forwards me. I didn't have the time to get up before the person was already there standing in front of me.

 

 

"Are you okay?!" He asked so loudly that it sounded like he was yelling. In embarrassment, I lifted my gaze up to see who I was going to speak with.

"Ehm.. Yes, I think." I mumbled while starting to get up.

"Let me help." He said and took a hold of my arm with both of his hands. He basically pulled me up. I turned to look at him with wide eyes.

"Thank you..." I mumbled and now I saw him studying my face closely. He stayed in silence while looking at me up and down. When his gaze met mine again, I cocked my brow to him.

"You're Lee Naye am I right?" His question got me off guard.

"How did you know?" I asked all baffled.

"Because you look insanely similar to her. I'm Yoongi by the way." He held his hand to me. I managed to smile as I shook his hand. "I'm your sister's... Well, I mean, we're acquaintances."

"Wow.. My sister knows many people apparently." I chuckled.

"She is pretty known around the campus nowadays." He told and only now I got focused on his name.

"Did you say you're Yoongi?" I asked for clarification.

"Yes, why?" He asked.

"You're the second Yoongi I've seen in this campus! It's fascinating." I explained and saw him nodding slowly.

"That's funny." He just hummed. "Are you here to interview someone for that one course we had at first year?" This Yoongi asked.

"Yeah.. Can I interview you? I think my landing here should've earned me some sympathy points.." I rubbed my neck.

"I would've said yes even without that amazing landing." He laughed which made me smile.

"Okay here we go."
 

 


After asking all the ten questions from him, he needed to go so I decided to get back to my department. He told me to go to the nurse's office but I wasn't hurting that much anymore, so I decided to leave it. That Yoongi guy was sweet and funny. It was almost fascinating how two people having the same name could be so extremity from each other. A picture of that handsome and tall Yoongi flashed inside of my mind. I could see the scene inside of my head again and again. I couldn't believe it.

When I got to he main hallway in Department of Production, the front doors in front of me opened. A pretty looking guy walked inside of the building. We met gazes for a brief moment before he continued his way.

I was just about to open the door but his words stopped my way.

 

 

"Hey.. Aren't you the girl Ali noona scolded?" The guy asked, so I turned around to see him. Now I could recognize him as the one who appeared with Yoongi when Ali was giving me a lecture.

"Yes.. That's me." I smiled to him sadly. For surprise he was smiling to me widely.

"I know Ali.. She's pretty severe with her words but that is only because you need to stay strong while performing." He explained. "I'm Jung Hoseok by the way." 

"Lee Naye. Apparently people recognize my sister so I guess I should use that card. My sister is Lee Hayi from Department of Performance." I chuckled and saw his eyes widening. 

"I was wondering why you looked so familiar! Nice to meet you. I'm friends with your sister and I'm at the same department as her." He told.

"Really? I'm there too!" I smiled to him. "I feel like everyone here is friends with my sister.." I mumbled quietly after my first sentence.

"Hit me up if you see me at the hallways." Hoseok said and I nodded wildly.

"Ah.. Thank you for the nice words. I guess my biggest obstacle right now is myself, not Ali teacher. She's only doing her work." I said and saw him nodding in approval. Before he managed to response, I heard steps coming forwards us. We both turned to look towards the stairs. I saw Yoongi walking down with Alyssa by her side. I wrinkled my nose to her as she came closer..

"Hoseok-ah.. What's up?" Yoongi asked casually from the guy next to me.

"Haha nice to see you too." Hoseok was all smiles.

"Why are you here?" Yoongi asked with narrowed eyes.

"To see you of course." Hoseok said with a wink.

"Okay we can go now. Naye-ah let's go." Alyssa walked to me and wrapped her arms around my left one. I glanced at Yoongi who eyed at us.

"I have something to say to him first." I pointed at Yoongi who looked surprised.

"Uuuuh.." Hoseok acted and laughed after it. "A feisty one." He grinned to me.

"Yah." Yoongi gave a meaningful look to Hoseok who smirked and turned towards the stairs.

"I'll wait for you up in your booth." Hoseok rushed the stairs up.

"I guess I'll go first." Alyssa said and didn't seem cheerful at all. She was always smiling except for now. We waited for the front door to close before I turned to look at Yoongi.

"What do you need?" Yoongi asked and put his hands in his pockets. His voice sounded normal and not bothersome at all -- which I thought he would sound like.

"I need to know what's your deal with Alyssa?" I asked and crossed my arms. I saw this amused look on his face.

"If you need to know, then why don't you ask her? Isn't she your friend?" Yoongi sounded like he was enjoying the whole situation.

"I don't understand why are you finding this so funny.." I pointed out and immediately he tried to wipe off the slowly appearing smirk.

"I'm finding this funny because if I didn't know better, I'd say you're interested in me.. Just by the way you're acting right now." He pointed out and this left me speechless. Yeah. I am not.

"Psh.. What are you saying?? I'm only worried because of my sister.. I can't believe that you toy her like this!" I noticed my sudden rise of voice. Yoongi furrowed his brows.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" He asked which got me confused. What did he mean by that? I looked away from him for a moment while thinking back to Hayi's words. Hayi wouldn't lie to me about their relationship. She said they had something going on so of course I was going to believe my sister.

"I can't believe you.." I mumbled and looked back at him. His expression was utterly confused. But why would he lie to me? I shook my head while trying to understand the situation here.

"I don't even understand what you are saying right now." He told but I kept on shaking my head. I needed to believe my sister. What if this guy really was a player and Hayi didn't know about it?

"Just please stay away from my sister." I smiled to him sweetly but the smile disappeared as quickly as it had appeared in the first place. With that I turned around to leave.

"Wait Naye.. What the hell is going on?" I heard him asking behind me but I didn't stop. This is just because of Hayi. I'm just worked up for her.

 

 

..what even is all this?

 

 

---