Frustration

SEE MY SKY

Your Pov

 

 

After doing the dishes we went to help dad outside with the chores. Dad chopped the wood for smaller firewood that we could carry to the box near our front door. My parents were living in this huge villa which was built in a secluded area. The only thing near this house was the forest around us. The nearest neighbor was living half a mile away from here. We were chopping the firewood because our parents had a traditional fireplace which dad liked to set on fire often.

When dad said he could finish the rest by himself, Soyi left to meet her friend with our family's scooter. I on the other hand decided to face the person I had barely talked to during my visit here. I slowly made my way to the first living room. It was located on the right from our front door and it had these huge doors which could be slid open. The first living room had the fireplace, our instruments and the liquor cabinet. I placed my hands on the handles and slid the doors away from each other. I only opened the doors so I could slip through the gap before slowly closing them off.

I turned around to see my mom sitting on the piano stool. She hadn't noticed me in there just yet so I decided to stay and watch her quietly. Mom had her hands on the piano but I could see her struggling while trying to press her fingers down. Her hands became shakier as the time passed. She couldn't do it. In irritation I saw her kicking the piano which let out a hollow and echoing sound. Just then she turned to look at me.

 

 

"I didn't know the piano did something wrong.." Instead of asking if she was okay, these were the words coming out of my mouth. Sheesh.

"..." She didn't answer. Mom stood up and walked to the liquor cabinet.

"Isn't it a bit early for that?" I asked and walked further inside. Mom still didn't response and just poured some brown liquid in the Rocks Glass. "Ugh fine.." I whispered by myself. "Are you okay, mom?"

"..." For a second mom stopped moving. "Just trying to live." She continued pouring the liquid before closing the lid and placing the bottle back where she took it. It hurt me seeing her doing everyday things with her shaky hands. Mom walked to the couch and sat down. I followed her quietly and sat down on the armchair closest the piano.

"Are you sure that is what you're doing?" I asked and pointed at the glass in her hands.

"It's not so easy anymore." She took a sip of the brown liquid.

"Gosh.." I groaned loudly. "You know you can go and get help? I'm 110% sure that there is people who can help you nowadays!" I noticed my voice's sound level rising while saying those words to her.

"Psh." Mom just scoffed and took another sip.

"Why are you still acting like this? Don't you want to play the piano anymore? I can--" I was asking but my mom cut me off.

"Are you saying I'm sick??? Because I have a traumatic brain injury??? I don't need to get help, I'm all healed!" She was now near screaming.

"Calm down! I never said you're sick.. I just said that there is people who could help you with that." I pointed at her hands.

"It's not like that." She gritted her teeth together and hid her hands in her lap. I still saw the glass shaking in her grasp.

"But something is clearly wrong and it is because of the accident.. Even if you don't want to admit it!" I started to get frustrated. It was like I was having a fight with a preschooler who couldn't understand well justified arguments.

"Stop!" Mom exclaimed and banged the glass against the coffee table. I shot my gaze to it to see if the glass broke. The brown liquid was now sliding down the coffee table to our carpet, but the glass was unbroken. I saw how a feeling of pain appeared on my mom's face. I saw her looking at the piano and then squeezing her hands into a fists.

"Are you hurting??" I asked immediately and stood up.

"Yes-- I mean no!" Mom stood up as well and turned her back to me.

"Mom, I'm sorry.." I apologized and bit my lips together. "..but this is because of the accident. That is clearly one of your past symptoms for the trauma the doctors told us about! You're not healed, you lied!" I continued and took a step closer to her.

"Shut up! Let me be. Who are you to say these things to me? To your own mother??!" She turned around and anger was highlighting her face.

"Just think about the rehabilitation......" I sighed but knew what she meant. Who was I to say those words to her? To my own mother.

"Leave." Mom pointed at the door while her hand was shaking wildly. I ignored it this time around and turned to leave. I made my way slowly to the door and put my hands on the door handles again. For a second I thought if I should say it.

"I came here to try and help you.." I snorted and bit my lips together. "Can't you see that you're the one pushing others away?" I said those words and headed out of the room. Well that went nicely.

 

 

[Sunday, 18th of March]

 

 

Namjoon's Pov

 

 

I was sitting on the couch in the third floor's big practice room which had been kind of arranged to be BTS's personal practice room. BTS's manager was sitting on my right and BTS members on the floor. Hoseok was standing next to Yoongi who had placed himself on the computer in the corner. The choreographer was walking back and forth the practice room while the person in charge of marketing was leaning his back against the wall next to the door.

We were supposed to have a pre-meeting before next Tuesday when we had the "real" meeting with Bang CEO included. Now we needed to choose the other song from the album's track list which was going to be promoted next to the title song. The title song for the next comeback was going to be "Love Maze" which was written and composed by Yoongi.

I yawned quietly while checking the clock from my phone. Already 4 pm? I had been at the company for a good six hours now and I wasn't even supposed to come in today. The marketing team just suddenly wanted to have a quick meeting today, on Sunday. When I heard I needed to be here today, I came a bit earlier to work on few songs I had under progress.

 

 

"Hey Namjoon-ah. Can you come here and figure this out.. I can't make it work somehow." Yoongi told which snapped me back to reality. I saw everyone's gaze on me.

"Sure." I stood up lazily and took my time to get to the computer. Yoongi had stood up so I could sit down. "What is the problem?" I asked with a bored tone.

"I can't open the file cause it's--" Before Yoongi managed to finish off his sentence, I had clicked open the file where all the projects were in. "..just how?"

"It had the data protection lock which needed to be opened in the editing software before relinking the files to--" I cut myself off and opened my throat. "Well.. Just maybe you forgot it. Nothing big. Which are the songs we need to play?" I asked.

 

 

After listening "The Truth Untold", "Airplane pt. 2" and "So What" we decided to debate. I really wasn't paying a lot of attention of what was happening around me. I said few words here and there to show them I was taking a part of the conversation. In reality my mind was wondering somewhere far outside of the room.

 

 

"Are you okay with it Namjoon-ssi?" I heard the marketing team leader asking.

"Yeah.. Sure." I eyed all the people who were looking at me again. Somehow my answer wasn't pleasing them. Just then I saw Jin standing up.

"Whatever you decide, it's fine by me. I'm done." Jin gave me a dirty look before he headed out of the room. I turned to look at Yoongi who was standing on my right.

"What's going on?" I asked quietly.

"I think Seokjin hyung just tried to make you feel better but your response was just so-so.." Yoongi mumbled back so I furrowed my brows.

"How?" I cocked my brow to him.

"Well Jin is the one who wants The Truth Untold to be promoted the most.." Yoongi shrugged. "And it so happens to be written and composed by you.."

"Ahh.." I sighed, now understanding the situation.

"Okay so we've settled for The Truth Untold. It gives a nice contrast to Love Maze and also brings out the group's best sides. Thank you for the meeting and I hope everyone is happy for the outcome." The marketing team leader told and bowed with his neck before leaving the room.

"Yayy now we got super songs to promote in our next comeback!!" Jimin stood up and started doing this weird dance movement with his hands.

"I'm happy it turned out like this.. We got Yoongi hyung's song and Namjoon hyung's song and Hoseok is going to be doing the choreography for both of the songs!" Taehyung clapped his hands together.

"Yah.. Of course with our lead choreographer, not by myself." Hoseok chuckled and seemed genuinely happy.

"I'll see you guys next week." The choreographer left too.

"I should go and do some work. Coming with me Namjoon-ah?" Yoongi asked as he made his way towards the door.

"Uhm.. Yeah sure.. I'll just log out and.. Well I need to see Bang CEO real quick first. I'll catch you later." I jerked my chin to him. 

"Wait hyung!" Taehyung retorted and ran after him.

"I'll get to the dorm. You coming Jungkook?" Jimin asked and I noticed how Jungkook stood up from the floor.

"I follow you. I have something to say to Namjoon hyung first." He pointed at me.

"Sure. Be quick." Jimin smiled and headed out of the room. I turned to the computer to log out from Yoongi's user before facing Jungkook who had walked to me.

"What's good?" I asked with a smile.

"Are you.. Fine with how everything turned out to be?" He asked with this quiet, a bit doubtful voice.

"Huh? Why wouldn't I be?" I just chuckled to him.

"Well....... I heard that you decided to pull back Fake Love. If I had the chance to choose, I would've chosen it. It seemed like Bang CEO would've wanted it for the title track too. Why did you do it? It's like you purposely wanted for Yoongi to have the title song." Jungkook explained and my jaw dropped slightly.

"H-how did you..?" I couldn't find the words to finish my sentence.

"You wrote and composed it. It's such a fine song!" Jungkook continued but I just shook my head.

"I had my many reasons.. One of them being self-criticism." I told and saw how he furrowed his brows. "Fake Love isn't one of my best made songs.. It's like falling a step down by making a song which is worse than the one before it. It should be other way around. I guess I've just lost my touch." I chuckled once without a humor and saw him with straight face as well.

"I don't think you've lost your touch. You've probably just lost your motivation..." Jungkook told and smiled sadly before turning around. I watched quietly how he walked out of the door leaving me alone in the practice room.

"You're right.." I mumbled and started to make my way to the CEO's office.

 

 

It took maybe two minutes before I was standing in front of Bang CEO's office. All the powerful people had their offices on the fourth floor. The corridor was empty but Bang CEO was clearly inside of his office. I could see him through the door's window. I knocked twice on his door before heading inside without waiting for his response.

I sat down on the opposite side of his desk and sighed.

 

 

"Well come in...." Mr. Bang just scoffed in amusement as he eyed me thoroughly.

"I need to have tomorrow off." I stated.

"Oh.. Straight to the point?" He smiled still obviously amused.

"Yes.. And maybe just in case the Tuesday too? We just had the pre-meeting for the Tuesday so.. Maybe I could drop out of the meeting?" I suggested and now Mr. Bang wasn't amused anymore. I saw how his gaze dropped down to the desk calendar in front of him. For a moment we stayed quiet before he lifted his gaze back to mine.

"Of course. If you need to have Wednesday off too, I guess it can be arranged." He smiled but now sympathetically.

"Leave it." I just snorted.

"Sorry.. Every year I feel this sudden need to take care of you." Mr. Bang laughed.

"Thank you.. But you don't need to. I can handle myself." I nodded to him.

"Okay fine.. I'll mark Monday and Tuesday as your vacation days." He said and wrote something down to his papers. I stood up and walked to the door. I turned to him.

"Thank you, again." I bowed with my neck and was about to go but his words stopped me.

"Namjoon-ah.. Please take someone with you tomorrow. You don't need to be alone and I think your grandmother would appreciate if you'd take someone other to see her too." Mr. Bang told and I bit my lips together. I've always gone there alone.

"I'll think about it." I finally managed to smile to him after ten seconds of silence. With that I left the room.

 

 

When I got out of the BH building, I was about to go home. I turned to my left but suddenly couldn't move. My legs were like glued to the ground as my gaze found it's way to Mango Six's sign on my right. After standing still for a moment I decided to see if my uncle was there today.

 

 

"Hello, good early evening--" I heard a light voice saying near the checkout. I turned to look there only to see Alyssa beaming at me.

"Oh hi Alyssa." I nodded to her and checked the area around me. I saw some other worker cleaning the dining side. There was no Naye or Seri around this time.

"Namjoon cousin!! What are you doing in here? And why is this only the first time I've seen you here since I came back to Korea??" She wrinkled her nose to me.

"Well.. I've been very busy. Is uncle here?" I asked.

"At the back! We were just about to leave. DAD! Come here!" Alyssa was acting so hyper that it made my head feel dizzy. I had seen her last time when she was a lot younger than she was now. I noticed how Gihae uncle walked to the front and smiled when he saw me.

"Namjoon-ah! Just the person I was thinking about." He chuckled and hugged me.

"Hi uncle.. It's been a while." I smiled to him after we separated from the hug.

"Indeed it is! Alyssa can you make us coffee?" Gihae uncle asked.

"I'm on it!" Alyssa smiled and rushed to the coffee machine.

"Come with me to the back." Gihae uncle told and lead me in their backroom. We sat down on the opposite side of the table which was located at the back of the room. "So how is everything? Enjoying school? Work? Do you finally have a girlfriend?" Uncle Gihae started with the questions.

"Haha.. Everything is fine for now." I just said plainly.

"What about the girlfriend?" Gihae smirked.

"With what time? I'm a pretty busy person." I chuckled.

"So nothing has really changed since the last time we saw each other?" Gihae uncle just nodded approvingly.

"Basically yes. I have darker bags under my eyes, I'd guess." I joked and saw him smiling widely. Just then Alyssa walked inside and served us the coffee.

"Thank you dear." Gihae said to Alyssa.

"Hay dad. Is Naye coming to work today?" Alyssa asked so I moved my gaze to her.

"Doesn't her shift start at 5 pm?" Gihae asked from Alyssa.

"Ah right! Okay good, and sorry." She grinned and left the room. I checked the time before I turned to look at Gihae again. 4:45 pm. She should be here soon then.

"Yes where were we?" Gihae asked.

"Yeaah.. I actually had a question to ask from you.. It's related to tomorrow." I started and noticed how his expression changed to a darker one.

"Oh.. Okay ask away."

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

I had been down ever since yesterday and the talk I had with my mom. I left back to Seoul this morning and the conversation had pained me ever since it happened. When I told Soyi how well  the talk with mom went, she looked pretty down. It made me sad too. I couldn't help her and possibly made things even harder for all of them.

The clock was maybe 4:55 pm as I stepped inside of Mango Six. I had my head pressed down as I continued to walk like that further in. Just then I hit the top of my head with something hard.

 

 

"Ah..!" I let out a small gasp. The hit hurt only just a bit because I hadn't been prepared for it.

"Well hi to you too." I heard a familiar voice saying. I instantly shot my gaze up to see Yoongi standing there right in front of me. He was looking fine as always -- a bit tired but fine. 

"Y-you.." I pointed at him when I finally got my senses back.

"It took you a while." He just shook his head in amusement.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked and my question got me losing my mind. Why would I ask that if I knew he was a regular customer here? "Wait no.." I bit my lips together while trying to figure out what to say to him.

"Don't worry about it. I came to grab a coffee and I was just about to leave." Yoongi explained and I nodded twice to him. For a second we just stared at each other. I studied Yoongi's facial features. I saw his eyes moving around my face as well.

"You seem distracted--" He started.
"Did something happen to you--" I asked exactly the same time as he did. We fell silent again.

"Ahaha.." I rubbed my neck slowly while searching for his gaze. He had turned to look away from me with an amused expression garnishing his face. "Apparently we think alike." I mumbled and lastly he met his gaze with mine.

"..or we both just have something serious to deal with at the same time." This time he didn't look amused. His face had turned a way it was hard for me to read. 

"Right.." I instantly regretted what I said.

"Sorry.." He said with this agonized smile on his face. I could clearly see that it wasn't a happy smile. If I studied him right, it seemed like he was being sorry for his words which was funny since I felt exactly the same way.

"Hey look.. I don't know what's really wrong with me but my intention wasn't making you feel like that. I just.. I was.." It felt like something got stuck in my throat. Just say it Naye. 

"..." He looked a bit happier again even though he wasn't smiling.

"I was somewhat excited to see you so.. I was nervous-- I mean.. I don't know what I'm really trying to say anymore....." I still tried but for surprise he let out a chuckle. It wasn't a forced one but a real and happy one. I felt my eyes widening as I stared at him. I'd never seen him like this.

"Thank you." Yoongi said when he finally got himself back together. "I guess I needed to hear that." I smiled when he said those words.

"Then I hope we'll meet often by chance so I can give you more ridiculously foolish words to make you feel better." I told and saw him glancing at his shoes. Before I could give him a answer, I heard loud steps behind me.

"Are you thinking of coming to work today or not?" I heard Alyssa's voice calling loudly behind Yoongi. I moved to my right so I could see her.

"O-oh.. I'm coming!" I snapped back to reality when checking the time from the wall clock on my right. "I need to go. I'll see you around." I turned to Yoongi and smiled to him widely.

"Work hard." He smirked to me before walking towards the front door.

"Oh you still haven't left?" I saw Alyssa walking towards me while looking at him.

"I'm going now!" He told to Alyssa without looking back at us. I cocked my brows at Alyssa but she ignored me. My first thought was that she had met him at campus earlier so I didn't really thought of it too much. I turned to look after Yoongi for the last time and found myself smiling when thinking of him. I mentally slapped myself. Hayi likes him! Why was I so drawn to this person I hardly knew? I can't do it to Hayi..

 

 

I need to back off.

 

 

---

New character!

 

Yoon Sonha
{윤손하}
• 46 y/o
• your mother