Worry

SEE MY SKY

[Tuesday 27th of March]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

It was a cool Tuesday morning as I was making my way to the campus with Hayi walking right next to me. We didn't really talk on our way here since I knew Hayi wasn't a morning person and I had my own worries right now. Those two things would make her pull her hair out so I didn't want to bother her right now. We came up to the last straight road before the campus which was located on our right. I checked my phone once more only to see that Namjoon hadn't seen my message. He hadn't replied but he also had not seen it yet. Well, I wasn't quite sure since nowadays you could just read the text from the notifications and then forget it forever. Is he ignoring me on purpose? Did I do something wrong?

I felt a firm slap on my left arm. It wasn't really that hard but still hard enough to make my arm tingle after the slap. I shot my gaze to my left with mouth hanging wide open. Hayi was just looking at me with a straight face as if he had done nothing wrong just now.

 

 

"But why..?" I managed to ask after closing my mouth.

"I just wanted to know if there was something wrong.. You've seemed distracted for the past two days." Hayi pointed out, still looking extremely unbothered to speak with me about this. Well now that she is asking..

"Oh you've noticed.." I mumbled awkwardly.

"That is an understatement. You've glanced your phone for every five seconds during this whole journey here!" She raised her voice and gave a quick look to my phone which was lying tightly in my hold.

"Ehm.. Right. Sorry if you're bothered by my act." I said and let my gaze fall to the hard asphalt.

"Look Naye.. I've been a bit reluctant to talk to you because of what happened on last week's Thursday. I didn't want to seem too curious after I made you run off like that." Hayi told with quiet words but I kept my gaze on the street.

"I didn't have the chance to say sorry to you.. We've both been busy for different times of the day." I lifted my gaze to meet hers. I saw a slight of a smile appearing on her face.

"If that was an apology, I'll accept it." She said and I nodded to her twice.

"I shouldn't have blamed you like that because of my own problem.." I explained and saw her nodding slowly.

"You're right, you shouldn't have, but I should've known that you'll be mad if I barge in like that. I know you.. I was just.. Way too excited to hear you try." She told and her sentences followed a great silence as I thought of what to say next.

"Now that I think about it.. It's nice to have someone to cheer me on." I chuckled and saw her smiling as well.

"I'll be the one to cheer on you, forever! ...just for you to know." Hayi grinned and threaded her right arm around my left one. We continued walking like that.

"Actually.. I think I'm starting to get somewhere with my problem solving." I said after we'd arrived to our campus' main gates.

"What really?" Hayi asked as she let go of my arm. We stopped walking as we stepped on the campus' side.

"Yeah.. Namjoon has said some meaningful things to me. Like.. Now I even know the cause of my problem and possibly a way to solve it.." I grinned and lowered my gaze to the ground when I thought of Namjoon.

"Really now?" She asked and sounded somehow mischievous. I cocked my brows as my gaze met hers again.

"Why aren't you surprised at all? And what was that face just now!?" I pointed at her. Hayi just chuckled to my act.

"I'm just happy for you. Namjoon is a great guy. He actually helped me with some stuff before too.. I sung his song last year and our journey together was so informative that I...." Hayi paused and gave me a soft smile. "I'm glad that he's doing the same to you. He really is a great guy -- a great friend actually." She continued.

"Wait.." I furrowed my brows to her. "Sounds like you've fallen for him..! But what about Yoongi??" I asked seriously but I was just acting. 

"Hahah shut up." She pushed me. "Yoongi was always around. Whenever we needed to practice or just meet up to plan the schedule, Yoongi would tag along. He had always these weirdest explanations why he needed to be there too.." Hayi snickered as she lowered her gaze to the ground.

"Woah.. You like him really that much..?" I wrinkled my nose to her.

"I guess. Just thinking of him makes butterflies buzz around in my tummy." She said and for a second I just stared at her bubbly smiling face until.. "Wait.. I'm such a twit." She laughed it off.

"Mm.. I'm glad you said it first." I pointed out and earned another push from her. "I've actually met Yoongi. He seems a pretty solid guy." I bit my lower lip.

"Well of course you have since he--" Hayi was about to start but I cut her off.

"Namjoon was the one who came to get the flash drive back then..... I need to tell you that story later." I wrinkled my nose as I thought back to that day.

"Oh-whoa." Hayi just gasped and obviously didn't know how to react to my statement.

"But wait before you go.... Can you ask around, from your friends or something, if they've been in contact with Namjoon for the past three days? I've tried texting him but he hasn't even seen the message.. I saw him at the cafe on Saturday but haven't heard of him after that." I explained and saw Hayi looking like she had a hunch of what was going on.

"I can ask around. You can try calling him if that bothers you so much?" Hayi suggested but I shook my head.

"I don't want to be a bother." I told and saw Hayi nodding.

"Okay.... Well I just think he has some work related things going on. I don't think it's anything serious but I can ask Yoongi if he knows anything -- they are best friends." Hayi explained and I nodded happily.

"Thank you!" I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a quick squeeze. "Let's get to the study room, I have so much homework to do!"

"You're such a weirdo." Hayi shook her head in amusement as we headed to the Department of Performance. I'm sure it's nothing special. Maybe he just doesn't want to talk with me. I thought by myself. 

 

 

[Wednesday, 28th of March]

 

 

"Hey Naye-ah? Are you awake?" I heard someone saying somewhere far from my vicinity. I furrowed my brows and started to open my eyes. I heard knocking sound as if someone had knocked on my door twice. "Naye-ah?" I heard Hayi calling my name so I shot my eyes open and sat up on my bed.

"Ehm.. Yes?" I rubbed my eyes and waited for them to get used to the light. I saw the door opening slowly in front of me. "What's the time?" I asked as Hayi's head peeped inside of my room.

"It's soon 7 am. Sorry if I woke you up." Hayi apologized but pushed the door open fully so I could see her standing there in her bathrobe with her hair up and wrapped to a towel. 

"No worries.. What's up?" I asked and started to get up from the bed.

"It's about Namjoon." She said and waited for me to focus on her.

"Did you find him?" I hurried and made the bed quickly.

"Come to the kitchen. I don't want my porridge to burn." Hayi left the doorway and I followed her close behind. Hayi walked to the stove and started to stir up the porridge as I walked to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle. I sat down to one of the stools on the kitchen's side.

"So.. What did you find out?" I asked as I swirled the bottle cap off.

"Well.. I asked from Yoongi during the day yesterday but it was an impasse. He said that the last time he saw Namjoon was on Saturday. He hasn't been at the campus either. Didn't you see him at the same day?" Hayi questioned and I nodded as an answer. I took a long sip of the water.

"What then..?" I wanted to know if there was a reason for her to wake me up like that.

"Yoongi suggested that he could ask around at their company.. They work at the same place.. So he promised to inform me if anything new comes up and.." Hayi paused and reached her phone from the counter next to her. I saw her typing something and then handing her phone to me. I grabbed her phone and saw hers and Yoongi's chat open. "Read it. He sent me those last night when I was already sleeping." She pointed out so I turned my attention to the chats.

"Hayi-ah.. I asked around the company but apparently no one has seen him since our meeting on Saturday morning. Only I, saw him leaving at evening. He didn't seem like anything was wrong with him so I didn't think anything of it. I've tried to call him now for many-many times but no luck." I read Yoongi's text out loud and turned to see Hayi after that. "What? I mean.. Is he missing? Shouldn't we look for him?" I started to panic.

"Read the next chat he sent after mine." Hayi pointed out. I turned back to her phone and scrolled the screen down.

"I'm pretty busy with work now so if I don't see him at the campus today, I'll try and go to his place when I have the time. Maybe on Friday at the earliest. I'm sure nothing is wrong with him. He's just working hard or taking a break from work." I read the chat and bit my lips together. Why everyone seemed so cool with this? Was it normal for Namjoon to just disappear for God knows how long and then come back like nothing happened? This is odd.

"So.. What do you think?" Hayi asked as I gave her the phone back.

"Is this normal to you guys?" I asked and couldn't hide the slowly rising annoyance. 

"Well.. He has done something similar to this in the past. He just decided to take a weekend off without telling anyone. He had his phone turned off and all that but I think it's uncommon for him to be gone for this long." She took a thinking expression and turned off the stove. "Do you want porridge?"

"Yeah sure.." I told and stood up. "I'll get washed up first." I told and headed to the bathroom. Something isn't adding up.

"Hey Naye-ah." Hayi suddenly said so I stopped walking just when I was about to go inside of the bathroom.

"Yeah?" I asked with a lack of interest in my voice.

"Don't you worry about this too much. We'll figure it out." Hayi said and I nodded slowly. She was right. Who was I to in? I didn't even know if Namjoon considered me as his friend or just as Hayi's younger sister. Maybe that was the reason he called me a kid before?

"I'll go and ask if my boss has seen him since he's Namjoon's uncle. After that, I'll leave it to you guys. Okay?" I asked for confirmation and saw Hayi giving me thumbs up.

"If it helps, then go for it." She noted and started to scoop the porridge to bowls. If it helps? Wow.

 

 

[Thursday, 29th of March]

 

 

It was noon and we were having our lunch break right now. I'd just got out of the Performance Practice class as I made my way towards the cafeteria with Alyssa by my side. The whole three hours, we danced the same choreography that we'd learned yesterday. Today we focused mostly on just polishing our movements. The choreo wasn't that hard which was understandable since not everyone knew how to dance beforehand.

This morning we also got a group assignment and apparently two people wasn't considered as a group so our lovely teacher Oh Sangmi had placed this one guy with us. His name was Choi Soobin and was a pretty nice looking guy from our class. It was funny how we'd been in the same class forever now but we still weren't familiar with each other.

We managed to get out of the class before Alyssa started with all the hyping for Soobin. I was afraid someone would hear, or worse, Soobin would hear her praises for his looks. Alyssa had found her new attraction but I was still worried about Namjoon. Something clicked inside of me when I thought about him. I turned to look at Alyssa.

 

 

"..and like how can someone look so handsome?? I thought I'd faint if he--" Alyssa was still going on about it, but I decided to cut her off.

"Hey! Yes, I understand. You can continue in a minute but first answer one of my question." I said all the words so fast that I almost lost my breath.

"Okay. What?" She sounded displeased by my sudden statement.

"Have you heard anything about your cousin? Apparently he's been missing for the past five days now. Gihae boss hadn't seen him, I went there yesterday to ask." I told and hoped that she wouldn't get too caught up with it.

"Hmm.. I haven't heard anything of him. Are you sure that he's missing? Doesn't sound like Namjoon at all.. Wait.. I don't know that. I just came back from LA." She chuckled to her own statement. I shook my head in disbelief.

 

 

When we arrived to the cafeteria, I saw someone familiar walking forwards me. It was the guy I saw first time at Ali teacher's first class and later on at the Department of Production. His name was Jung Hoseok if I remembered right.

 

 

"Hey!" I waved to him so he would notice me. I saw him giving a quick look towards my direction before realizing who I was. He stopped walking and nodded to his friends as they walked inside.

"I'll go in first." Alyssa whispered to me before he rushed inside. "Choi Soobin!" I heard her exclaiming cutely as she went on her ways. I shook my head again.

"Hey Hoseok-ssi!" I greeted him with a bow.

"Nice seeing you Lee Naye." Hoseok flashed this proper teeth smile to me. "What's up?" He asked casually.

"I was wondering.. If you have heard that.. Kim Namjoon-ssi.." I explained awkwardly but saw him realizing what I was talking about.

"Oh I know. I haven't seen him either. I have left at least a thousand messages to him about our this year's last project but nothing.." Hoseok wrinkled his nose and looked somewhat annoyed.

"Don't you think it's a bit weird?" I asked carefully.

"Well yes and no. Namjoon-ah is a bit difficult at times. This is a rather long period of time that he's been out of reach but I'm sure he'll come around." He wondered and looked like he realized something. "Tomorrow is the start-up test for the rest of you who missed the last class. Like you? Anyways, he's supposed to be there with me so I'm pretty sure he'll appear at least there, sooner or later." Hoseok continued with a smile but I frowned. Oh gosh the start-up test is tomorrow already.. I'd fully forgotten it.

"What makes you so sure that he'll be there?" I confirmed.

"Namjoon never breaks his promises. If he doesn't appear tomorrow, then I know that something is wrong." Hoseok pointed out and grinned to me. "Did you have something else? I'm starving." He chuckled and I shook my head to him.

"Thank you for telling me." I bowed again with my neck.

"I'll see you around Lee Naye." Hoseok beamed and headed inside. I looked after him and furrowed my brows. Was I really being too sensitive? Everyone else seemed so cool about this all. It's like nothing would ever happen to Namjoon. Almost like he wouldn't have bad days or hard time in general. I couldn't change the way I felt about this. I dug up my phone and texted Hayi before heading inside to get some lunch.

 

 

Four hours later

 

 

I was sitting on the bus waiting impatiently to get off. The clock was almost 5 pm. I had tried to run out of the school when the English and Media Communications' class ended but Alyssa wanted to have a quick meeting with Soobin about our group assignment. The meeting wasn't short indeed but when it finally was over, I rushed to this bus which was going to take me straight to the neighborhood where Namjoon would live. The sunny weather had changed to a heavy rain. The rain was whipping the windows hardly as I stared at the view outside.

Even after everything I'd heard from Namjoon's friends, I couldn't shake off the feeling that something wasn't right. The worry inside of me was getting so big that it was hard for me to focus on anything else. I knew I needed to be at home and get ready for the test tomorrow but I didn't feel like it. I hadn't seen Namjoon after Saturday when he looked extremely tired and seemed to have an unpleasant conversation with Yoongi. Well, at least that was what I saw.

I got out of the bus and recognized the area around me. This way I would walk home from work. This way I walked with Namjoon until he turned to left. I eyed the streets and dug my phone up. I pressed on the map application and typed Namjoon's address which Hayi had unwantedly given to me. I started to follow the directions towards my destination. The rain was still heavy and I didn't have an umbrella with me so it wasn't  going to be very pleasing journey there.

Gladly it didn't take long before I was at the end of a street which lead to this white apartment building. On the wall I saw numbers 508 and knew that this was the building. I ran to the building and then tried to open the door inside. My jacket was dripping wet and my hair pretty moist.

After trying to open the door again, I came to the conclusion that the outdoor didn't budge. On the wall on my right was a list of apartment numbers and next to them a button which I could press and they would open the door to me. I knew that Namjoon wasn't probably going to open up the door so I tried to figure out a plan. I didn't need to think too long when I saw some man walking towards the outdoor and soon coming out of the building. He bowed to me as he came out and I decided to use this chance. I slipped inside through the door which the man had just opened from inside.

I checked Namjoon's apartment's number and noticed it being on the first floor. I slowly made my way deeper down the corridor. There was only four doors on this floor and at the rearmost door read the number "4". I had come too far. I turned around and headed back to the outdoor and there it was. The door behind the stairs read "1". It was on the right side behind the stairs. I walked to the door and knocked twice. I figured it was way too noiseless so I tried to knock again, but with a bit more force.

It sounded like I was trying to break the door. I checked my surroundings and continued knocking continuously. After some time I found a doorbell on the right and started to press it. What if he wasn't home? What if he was and something had happened to him? Why did it take so long for him to get to the door if he was okay? For a surprise, I felt my eyes getting teared up. I didn't know how long I had already done this but I knew that it was way too long for a living person to get up and come open the door. I felt something getting stuck in my throat and it hurt as I tried to keep the tears inside. Namjoon please. 

Even if you wanted to ignore the world, this much interference with your privacy should annoy anyone to the point they'd come up and see what is going on. My arms were getting tired so I decided to take a break. My breathing was uneven and my vision was becoming blurred. Why was I getting this worked up because of him? That ing idiot. Just then I heard someone walking closer in the apartment. I found myself holding my breath as someone twisted the lock open from the other side of the door.

The door moved slowly open and my anticipation rose as I waited to see his face. When his whole body was right there in one piece, I met gazes with him, and rushed to wrap my arms around his waist without thinking anything.

 

 

"Oh-- Lee Naye??" I heard him asking as I kept on holding him tightly against me. I felt tears sliding down on my cheeks to my jaw line where they dropped down against Namjoon's shirt.

"W-where were you?" I managed to ask. Namjoon hadn't pushed me away just yet so I slowly loosened my hold on him.

"You didn't even have an umbrella.." He ignored my question and when I looked up to him, he wasn't looking at me but my clothes.

"Where were you?!" I raised my voice to him. This frustrated I was. Namjoon met gazes with mine and when his saw my red eyes, I noticed how he was suddenly a bit taken aback.

"I-I.." He was about to say something but cut himself off just to check the corridor behind me. "Come inside." He took a grip of my forearm and pulled me inside of his apartment. He then closed the door and I removed my shoes. Namjoon glanced at me quickly before walking further inside of his apartment. I followed him quietly to the living room. I saw a kitchen area on my left and a nice big living room area on my right. From my standpoint I saw two doors leading to other rooms. One at the back and one right next to the small hallway. The apartment looked spacious, dark and for surprise -- very clean. It was like no one had lived there for a long time. 

  

"Do you really live here?" Was the first question that popped into my mind after everything went blank just a while ago. Namjoon didn't focus on me but was doing something in the kitchen's side. I eyed how he put on the water boiler and then turned to me.

"Yes, why?" He asked and probably wondered the reason behind my question.

"It's just so nice place." I told and now wiped my face.

"Hmph." Namjoon seemed amused which was a relief. I couldn't believe that he was standing there, looking greater than ever.

"I have so many questions to ask from you." I told with a serious look on my face as Namjoon made his way closer.

"Sure." He just nodded and held his hand to me. I looked at his hand and then at him, not knowing what he wanted. "Give me the jacket. I'll hang it up." He continued and my eyes widened.

"O-oh. Thank you." I took the jacket off as quickly as I could since it was almost glued against my skin. Namjoon took the jacket and walked to the door next to the front door. As the door opened, I recognized it as a spacious bathroom. I eyed how Namjoon put my jacket hanging over the shower curtain rod.

"I'll bring you some of my shirt so you wont catch a cold." He said to me casually as he walked out of the bathroom. My eyes followed him to the door at the back before I walked to his bathroom. I saw a mirror and tried to fix my face up quickly. "Naye?" I heard his soft voice calling so I stepped out of the bathroom. Namjoon was walking to me while holding some gray clothing in his hands.

"You didn't have to." I mumbled as gave me the college shirt.

"Just get changed." He shook his head disapprovingly.

 

 

I locked the door to Namjoon's bathroom and changed my long-sleeved T-shirt to the shirt Namjoon gave me. I eyed myself from the mirror over the sink. It was a bit big but so cozy while wearing. It had a faint scent of Namjoon's cologne. I had never thought of how people would smell like but now that I could smell Namjoon's masculine perfume, it got me curious. I placed my nose closer to the shirt's collar and inhaled lightly. His cologne had a sea breeze scent, manly but not so strong. It must've been an expensive perfume. Now that I thought about it..

I took another look of myself and realized what I was wearing. I recognized the fashion brand as Fear Of God. I didn't know much about fashion brands before I met Alyssa but now I could recognize some of the ones I had no idea that even existed. Why I hadn't thought about these things before? I hadn't really had my eyes on the brands that would cost more than I could afford. This was just one of those fashion brands. I had seen Alyssa wearing clothes with "FG" written on them, that's how I knew. According to my thinking, Namjoon must've had some money on him.

I walked out of the bathroom after hanging my shirt up to dry out as well. I walked to the living room area and saw how Namjoon had placed few cups of something on the coffee table. He wasn't present. I was about to sit down on the couch but then I heard something making a clinking sound further inside. My curiosity was getting the best of me as I headed towards the door at the back. Before I managed to open the door there, I saw another door on my left which was slightly ajar. I heard Namjoon moving inside so I dared to open the door slowly.

 

 

"Whoa." I let out a faint gasp when I saw what kind of room it was. It was basically a nice fitting home studio which was clearly bigger than the ones the students had in Department of Production. Namjoon stood up straight and turned to look at me. He placed something to the table while keeping his gaze on me.

"..." He seemed flustered and I had never really seen him like this. It was like he hadn't thought of me getting inside without permission, which was probably a rude thing for me to do. It almost seemed like he had something in here that he wanted to hide from others.

"Ah.. I'm sorry for barging in." I turned around and was about to go outside.

"Well.. You are here already so might as well come down." I heard him saying with his normal a bit bored tone. I turned to look at him over my shoulder and saw him back to normal. I walked down the two steps to a slightly lower level than the rest of the house.

"I guess you're taking your studies pretty seriously?" I asked after a while of observing his equipment.

"Mm..." Namjoon didn't really give me an answer so I turned to see his expression. It was once again that one expression you pull when you really don't want to tell the truth but not to lie either.

"Ehm.. I see." I bit my lips together and lowered my gaze. I was being definitely too intrusive, wasn't I? For a while we stayed silent. "Look--" I couldn't even start my next sentence since Namjoon had already cut me off.

"You could say this is more of a work related thing than just for studies.." He told but wasn't looking at me. He eyed the screen closely.

"Whoa. So cool that you got a job in the industry that you're studying! And not only a part-time work? Whoaaa." I couldn't hide my excitement. Namjoon moved his attention to me and tilted his head slowly.

"You see it like that?" He asked and I figured that we had a different standpoints in this matter.

"Yes of course. I'd love to work as a proper performer after I graduate.. I mean, if I ever graduate." I chuckled awkwardly to my own statement. If I ever sing again.. I shot my gaze to Namjoon after staring the floor for a while. "But.. You seem like your work isn't the one you'd gone for at first. If I try to read you, I'd say that you don't really enjoy your work because it's not your first choice." I narrowed my eyes as I studied his expression. It didn't take long before Namjoon had already looked away from me. He wasn't flustered this time but wearing a surprised smile.

"Wow.. I guess your people reading skill is pretty valid." Namjoon chuckled but his voice didn't sound happy.

"If I can ask..." I started slowly and took a step closer to him. Namjoon glanced at me as I moved. "What was your first career choice?"

"Ehm." He opened his throat and turned around so I was now facing his back.

"You don't have to tell." I said and remembered that even I hadn't told him enough about myself. I was way too greedy to get to know him since I wasn't giving much back.

"I know, it's just.." Namjoon started and pointed at the wall in front of him. I moved slightly to my right to see what he was looking at. "It doesn't involve only me." There was a board on the wall. I could recognize almost all of in that one picture.

"Those are Yoongi and Hoseok right? And you?" I confirmed and walked closer so I was now standing next to him. "What does DNH mean?" I asked when I saw it written on the board. Namjoon sighed heavily but turned to me. 

"We were training together to be a group and debut together. We were doing mainly rap and performing underground while training under BH entertainment. DNH was formed when we were only 15, 16 and 17. We trained for a while but then suddenly the company decided to disband us. We had a couple songs and all but.. Well.. Things happen I guess." He explained and for surprise, I saw some kind of happiness in his eyes as he talked about this DNH.

"Who is that?" I pointed at the guy who was next to Yoongi.

"He was.. Is a good friend." Namjoon just stated so I decided to leave it there.

"Ehm.. So what happened for you guys? I've seen you three at K-ARTS so did you continue trying to reach your shared dream?" I smiled as I asked that question.

"Not exactly. We work now in the same company. Yoongi and I are in the production team while Hoseok is one of the choreographers. We all got testimonials from our company's CEO when applying in K-ARTS." Namjoon told and my eyes widened.

"So you were coming out of BH entertainment that day!" I pointed at him and saw him smiling slightly. "AND! You go to Mango Six for so often, not only because of your uncle but also because it's the closest cafe to you company." I nodded wildly when I could connect the things.

"You got me." He just shook his head in amusement.

"What about the fourth member?" I asked as I glanced the picture.

"He's a member of BTS now." Namjoon said coldly.

"Oh.. That's why he looked so familiar.." I wondered out loud. Namjoon chuckled once. "Okay now that I've seen you being honest about things, I can ask the crucial question from you." I narrowed my eyes to him playfully.

"Can I skip this?" Namjoon asked with a suspicious smile on his lips but I only shook my head to him.

"Where have you been during these last days? Is everything okay?" I asked and fell serious same as Namjoon.

"Why?" He shot the question back immediately after I was done asking.

"I have been looking for you because you didn't answer to anyone.." I bit my lips together. It seemed to be harder to get answers this time.

"Why?" Namjoon asked again and his expression didn't change. Fine. Let's be honest then.

 

 

"..because I was worried about you."

 

 

---

A/N: The real information about DNH can be found in here!