Kim Namjoon

SEE MY SKY

Namjoon's Pov

 

 

After the strange conversation with Naye, I headed back upstairs. Why she had suddenly mentioned her sister? I was too tired to care much of the matter so I just focused on getting through the day, like I normally would. I knew I needed to speak with Naye soon enough -- or I could just ask Hayi straight away. There must've been a misunderstanding since I couldn't think of another explanation.

I arrived to the production booth, I was using, and opened it to get inside. Hoseok was sitting on the chair facing the door. When I got inside, he started smirking.

 

 

"Don't." I pointed at him.

"What was that?? Lee Naye had the guts to address our Mr. Kim the Great?? What did you do to her?" Hoseok teased me but I just shook my head.

"I don't really know what was going on back there either.." I told and sneered. "Let's not talk about it though." 

"I'm still having goosebumps because of it. I got a bit scared of her back there." Hoseok joked so I snorted to him in amusement.

"Stop it. Why are you here?" I asked as he finally stood up from chair. 

"I had a quick meeting with Tami teacher. She had some ideas for the choreograph and so all.. I actually came here to remind you of the start-up test. We need new amazing voices!!" Hoseok lifted his gaze up to look at the ceiling as he smiled widely.

"Oh true.. It starts at 1 pm right?" I cocked my brows to him.

"Well at least my start-up test three years ago started at that time. Ali is the teacher now so I'm not sure if she has a different schedule though." Hoseok explained and I nodded to him.

"Okay I'll meet her today and ask." I said while slowly moving my attention back to my project.

"Good." He said but when I didn't give him any response, I heard him humming.

"What now?" I asked with a bored tone in my voice.

"Nothing.. I guess I'll just go and find that Naye girl. Apparently she's in the same department as I am." Hoseok told with his happy voice. I turned to look at him over my shoulder.

"Don't bother her." Were the only words I could say. Why would he go and find her?

"I won't. Just spreading my knowledge as a third-year student to a first year student." He stuck out his tongue and left the production booth. I shook my head after him. Is everything and everyone going to be linked to Naye now?

 

 

[Thursday, 22nd of March]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

The clock was 3:50 pm as I was hanging around near our campus' main gates. We got out of the English and Media Communications' class just a few minutes ago and Alyssa needed to use the restroom quickly. I told her that I would wait for her over here so we could head to Mango Six together. We both had some work-related training which would last for an hour or so.

I kicked the rocky road with the toe of my shoe. Just then I saw someone familiar heading towards me. It only required one glance towards him to recognize him. I lowered my gaze to the ground. Great. I hadn't seen him around since the happenings on Tuesday. Hayi hadn't asked about it either which meant that Yoongi didn't go and tell her about it. I hadn't old Hayi either. I was afraid of the outcome.

Yoongi came closer and when I knew he was only few feet away from me, I dared to lift my gaze to meet his. He looked at me but his eyes were cold. I turned to look away when he was right in front of me. Yoongi looked like he didn't want to have anything to do with me anymore. It seemed like my words had worked even better than I'd expected. Well maybe this is better. At least it was easier for me to stay away from him.

When a moment had passed, I heard running steps. Alyssa appeared not too late next to me. Together we started to walk away from the campus.

 

 

"Today I realized that I'm pretty nervous for tomorrow.. I thought I'd be okay but apparently this school is doing things to me." Alyssa suddenly blurted out. We had now walked maybe a couple of minutes in silence.

"Mm." I hummed an answer to her. She didn't even know. I had been thinking about the start-up test every day for the last week. I hadn't been able to sleep properly because of it. I had been practicing every time Hayi was out of the house. Everyday I had practiced even though I couldn't sing a word. I had studied the lyrics and the melody inside of my head without being able to let out even a smallest note. I was horribly nervous for tomorrow.

"I assume you're too." Alyssa noted. "I mean who wouldn't be.. We need to sing in front of our whole class which means that 29 other people is going to judge you besides Ali teacher." She continued with a laugh but it only made it harder for me to breath. Ali teacher plus 29 other students?

"Can we not talk about it?" I managed to ask with this overly quiet tone.

"Oh.. Sure." Alyssa was a bit taken aback. I bit my lips together while trying hard to breath.

 

 

When the clock was 6 pm I was finally back at our house. The training had delayed for a bit and after that Gihae offered us some cake. For my luck, Hayi wasn't home just yet. After kicking my shoes off, I made my way further inside to our kitchen. I saw a note on the table which read: "I went to buy groceries. I'll be back." I nodded determinedly and rushed to grab a water bottle from the cupboard.

I walked to my room and closed the door shut. I put lights on and sat down to my bed with the water bottle which was still in my hold. I started doing throat warm-ups.

After warming up and trying to sing the lyrics by speaking them with the melody, I realized that it was hopeless. I could speak the words out and I could even shout them out but as soon as I needed to make a melody, something got stuck in my throat. Even if I knew that I wouldn't be able to sing, I wanted to try for the last time.

 

 

"Okay here we go.. You can do it Naye. Just one sentence....." I inhaled softly and started to mouth the words. "Bicceul ssotneun sky, qeu arae seon ai...." I breathed in and out. "Kkumkkudeusi fly, my life is a beauty~~" I could add a little of bit melody to the last word but when I realized it myself, my voice cracked. Immediately tears started flowing down on my cheeks. It's useless.

"Naye-ah!" The door in my room opened with a loud sound. I shot my gaze to the doorway where I saw Hayi beaming to me. "I heard you tried to sing!!" She clapped her palms together.

"Get out." I hissed with my teeth gritted together. Only now Hayi calmed herself down and took a proper look at me.

"Naye-ah what's wrong--?" Hayi started but when I stood up from the bed, she cut herself off.

"I told you to get out but if you're not going, I'll go!" I found myself raising my voice at her. I stormed out of the room and on my way out, I hit my right shoulder with hers. I headed to the main hallway and put the shoes on as fast as I could.

"Naye! Don't leave!!" Hayi screamed after me but I was already outside. I closed the door and ran the corridor to the stairs and soon out of the building. Tears were streaming down on my cheeks as I kept on running towards unknown. I didn't want to cry, I didn't need to. Somehow this topic just made me extremely sad.

 

 

[Friday, 23rd of March]

 

 

I was lying on my bed motionless. I had my eyes wide open but I wasn't ready to get up. Instead I wanted to drown myself in these sheets. The clock was something like 7:30 am since I heard Hayi leaving the house. I hadn't spoken with her after yesterday. I was too upset to talk when I left the house and when I came back, she was already asleep. I was back home at 2 am if I remembered correctly.

There was no way I could go to the start-up test. I couldn't sing. After everything I just couldn't do it so I didn't want to stand there in front of everyone and hear Ali's harsh feedback after not being able to perform. We had some studies to do first though. We were supposed to have theory lesson on the morning and the test after lunch. I knew I needed to get up and start moving if I wanted to be at the class on time.

 

 

Namjoon's Pov

 

 

When the clock reached 12:55 pm, I started to make my way towards the Department of Performance. My journey there didn't take longer than two minutes. Hoseok was already waiting me at the main hallway so after I arrived, we headed towards the class on the first floor which had double doors.

 

 

"Okay so when the clock is exactly 1 pm, I'll call the first one of you to perform at the front." I could hear Ali's voice before I even opened the doors. Hoseok gave me an amused smile before he opened the doors for us.

"Good afternoon." I forced a smile as I walked inside of the room. Ali's gaze moved to me but her face stayed expressionless. She had placed herself next to the wall on our right. We made our way to her while the students stared at us in confusion. I could feel their gazes following us even if I wasn't looking at them.

"Hello everyone." Hoseok eyed the class through as we stopped next to Ali. I turned to look at her.

"I have one more announcement to make.." Ali sighed and turned to the class. "These are our third-year students Kim Namjoon from the Department of Production." Ali paused so nodded to them. I tried to scan through the class to see where Naye was sitting. "..and Jung Hoseok from the same department as you. They have a bit bigger project to prepare for at the end of the semester so they came here to see if any of you would have potential to star their project. A bit of an inside knowledge.. If you happen to take a part in older student's final project, you get some free passes from some of the mandatory classes. It's an honor to take a part in those projects as well. You might've heard a name Lee Hayi going around the school?" Ali cocked her brows to the students. Some of them were nodding. "Lee Hayi made a name of herself by taking a part of Mr. Kim's last year's final project." She pointed at me so I smiled slightly. The students were now whispering something to each other.

"We are here looking for the so called spark. I'm looking forward to see your performances." I said.

"Okay so you should take this start-up test as an audition as well. The first one up is Kang Hanna." Ali ordered. I kept on looking at the people inside of the room but I couldn't see Naye anywhere. Where is she? I saw few seats empty.

"Yah.. Focus will you?" I felt a sharp nudge on my left arm. I shot my gaze to Hoseok who was now studying me carefully. "What's wrong? You looks somehow distracted.." He continued with furrowed brows.

"Ah.. Sorry." I shook my head and turned to look at the Hanna girl who was standing alone at the front.

 

 

Few hours later

 

 

The whole session with two 15 minute recess lasted for a good two hours and 35 minutes. I yawned loudly as the students started to flow out. Every student had two minutes time to perform and three minutes for feedback. Ali gave the feedback mostly by herself but also used me and Hosek to prove her point at times. Hoseok sipped his coffee which he had brought during the last recess. Ali shook her head while going through her notes.

 

 

"What are you thinking?" I asked from her.

"I'm thinking that I have a whole lot of work to do with these students and their individual plans." Ali stated and threw the notebook to her desk. "How did you see it? Found anyone with the Namjoon spark?" She teased.

"Actually no.." I shot honestly. "There's still five more students right?"

"Yeah. Three of them told me their absence beforehand but the other two.." Ali groaned painfully. "And gosh that Lee Naye girl.. I can't believe Lee Hayi is her sister. I see the confidence didn't run down in the family." Ali told harshly so I gritted my teeth together.

"Give her some time.. Maybe she had a proper reason for her absence." Hoseok told and I nodded in approval. Wonder where she is?

"She gets one week. We're holding the test for those five on next week's Friday. If they're not here then, they can get the hell out of my class." Ali was furious.

"Then we'll be here on next week again." Hoseok said and Ali nodded.

"I'm sorry you couldn't find the one and thank you for your help with the students today." Ali said this time wearing a smile.

"No worries. We'll be back later. There must be someone." I said and narrowed my eyes as the thought of Hayi asking me to help Naye came up to my mind. I believed that Naye had a great voice but of course I couldn't know for sure before hearing it first.

"I looove your sudden optimism." Ali rolled her eyes jokingly. "Now let us get out of here before I lose my mind. Thank God for weekend." Ali took her bag and the notebook before heading towards the door out.

"Are you sure you'll be able to find the one?" Hoseok asked so I turned to look at him slowly.

"Hopefully." I told quietly. "Ehm.. You go first. I'll make a quick call before leaving." I jerked my chin upwards.

"Fine whatever." Hoseok chuckled and ran to Ali who was waiting at the doorway.

"Turn the light off and lock the door before you leave!" Ali pointed at me.

"Consider it done." I scoffed in amusement as they left the room. Immediately I dug up my phone and hoped that she would pick up -- meaning that she would've already got out of her class. After few beeps, I heard her picking up.

"Oh Namjoon. What's up?" Hayi took the call.

"Did you get out of the class?" I asked because I heard loud noises around her.

"Yeah it just ended. Why are you calling?" She asked.

"I was wondering if you knew why Naye wasn't in the start-up test?" I asked carefully while trying not sound too bothered.

"What?? She didn't come?" Hayi sounded surprised so I figured she had no idea either.

"Nope.. Do you know where she is now?" I bit my lips together.

"Actually... I haven't seen her since yesterday night." Hayi's voice was quiet and it sounded like she felt guilty of something.

"What??" I asked and sounded more surprised than I thought I would.

"Yeah.. I probably upset her by invading her privacy. She left the house crying. When I left today, I saw her shoes back so I just assumed that she was sleeping in. She might be at my apartment but I don't know." Hayi explained and I thought of all the places where she could be. I don't know her well enough! How would I know where she is?

"Can you go there now and check?" I ignored the rest.

"I'm on my way to work. I'll be home at the evening. I'll look for her then if she's not in my apartment." Hayi told.

"Okay. Can you send me her number? I'll try and find her." I said and hoped that she wouldn't get tangled into that.

"Sure. Tell me if you find her. Thank you Namjoon." She sounded a bit relieved.

"Wait before you hang up.. Do you have any idea where she could be?" 

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

The sky had slowly started to change for different shades of orange. I had been up here watching so I knew. I wish I was stronger. I leaned my back against to the wall behind me. I was on the rooftop of Hayi's apartment building. I had been here now for several hours. I wanted to go and see the city but I was too exhausted. I wanted to go and visit our accident's site but I was too afraid to go alone. In the end I came up here and stayed alone. I was embarrassed of not showing up in the start-up test. Even if I knew that I would've been more embarrassed to be there, I felt bad.

While eyeing the colorful sky, I felt my phone vibrating. I dug it up only to see a message from Hayi. I didn't bother to look at it, I didn't want to. I was also embarrassed to face my sister because of how I acted towards her yesterday. I thought that I just wanted to be alone. I was about to put the phone away but someone calling me appeared on the screen. There was only a number which meant that I probably didn't know the caller.

 

 

"I shouldn't answer for unknown numbers." I said out loud to myself. I cut the call off and lifted my gaze back at the sky. It didn't take long before the same number was calling me again. I furrowed my brows and cut the call this time too. "Third time I'll answer." I told to myself. I managed to place the phone back to the ground and lean my back against the building's wall when the same number called me again. "Fine.. Hello?" I snorted before picking up the call.

"Lee Naye?" I heard familiar voice calling on the other side of the line. My expression turned to a frown. "Naye are you there??" He asked again when I didn't answer him.

"How did you get my number?" Was the first question that popped in my mind.

"Hayi sent it to me. Where are you? You're not in Mango Six or at campus. Are you in Hayi's apartment?" Yoongi said which made my frown become deeper.

"Have you been looking for me?" I asked and didn't bother to give him responses to his questions.

"Yes." It sounded like he was running.

"Why?" I shot, still ignoring the important questions.

"I'm worried. Are you at the apartment?" Yoongi asked again. The way he told me that he was worried of me made my heart skip a beat. Oh-uh.

"Kind of." I managed to answer. Was he going to come up here now? I couldn't let him -- especially if he was feeling worried for me. What would Hayi think of this?

"Near it?" He hurried.

"At the rooftop." I found myself saying.

"I'll be there in few minutes so don't move." Yoongi ordered and with that the call was cut off.

 

 

I removed the phone off of my ear slowly. What was I going to tell to Hayi? Why is he worried for me? I tried to figure out all the possibilities. After a moment of thinking I finally reached a proper resolution. He must've felt worried of me because of Hayi. Since I was her sister and all. I decided to check the message Hayi had sent me. It read: "I'm at work and coming in the evening. Are you okay?" I bit my lips together and nodded few times. Hayi is at work so Yoongi helps her to find me. Yes that is probably it.

Just then the door few feet to my left opened up with a loud noise as it hit the wall next to me. My eyes widened to a size of plates as I kept on staring at the happening in fright. I recognized the guy as Yoongi and saw him searching the area in front of him with his gaze. I stayed in silence, still feeling the rapid beating of my heart. It took a while but soon he turned around and immediately met his eyes with mine.

He looked exhausted as he was now catching his breath. I tried to read his expression but right now I didn't need to try too hard. His face was filled with mostly worry and annoyance. It made me feel somewhat uncomfortable to be under his stare for this long. When my pulse returned back to normal, I stood up from the ground.

 

 

"..." I didn't say a thing but saw him walking closer.

"Are you okay?" He asked which surprised me. I was waiting to be scolded or something.

"Mostly yeah." I nodded to him. "Did you come all the way up here because you were worried of me?" I questioned and saw him looking away from me.

"You weren't in the start-up test and when I spoke with Hayi, she told me that she hadn't seen you since yesterday night.." Yoongi explained. I smiled to him sadly.

"So because of Hayi asked.. Of course." I mumbled and made my way to the railing. I heard him following me.

"What are you saying again? Why do you keep pulling Hayi into the picture?" He asked as he placed his forearms against the railing. Is he serious?

"Because she is my sister and you are her...... You know what you are to her." I glanced at him but was surprised when I saw his face.

"..." He didn't say anything but his expression was filled with this weird kind of amusement.

"Why are you looking like that?" I asked with furrowed brows. "Did you think I wouldn't know? Of course Hayi told me about you!" I bit my lips together while keeping my gaze perfectly fixed on him.

"Haha.." Yoongi let out a small chuckle before he turned his gaze to meet mine. "I'd like to know too what I am to Hayi.." His light words got me furious.

"I'm sure you know how much Hayi likes you??? And you act like you don't know?!" I was shocked. I didn't know what was happening.

"Are you sure you're not confusing me as Yoongi?" He suddenly asked with this very pleased expression on his face. Wait.

"What? Yoongi as in..? You mean the other one?" I felt my jaw dropping slightly.

"There's another one?? I only know one though." He told and took a thinking expression.

"Then you aren't Kim Yoongi?" I moved away from the railing and took a step back from him. He stood up straight as well and turned to look at me again.

"There's no Kim Yoongi.. You're talking about Min Yoongi who has this incomprehensible relationship with your sister. Hayi is a good friend of mine." He laughed and I felt my cheeks heating up.

"So... Then... Oh boy." I lowered my head and wanted to bury myself.

"I'm Kim Namjoon. Third-year student of Department of Production. I came to look for you on my own." He said with a softer tone in his voice so I dared to lift my head back up.

"But Hayi told me that Yoongi was going to come and get the flash drive! Then I saw you there.." I still couldn't believe it. He's not Hayi's man. 

"Even when I wanted to introduce myself you told me you knew who I was already.. You should've just let me introduce myself. The flash drive thing is understandable." This Namjoon guy laughed.

"So I've thought that you are Min Yoongi for the past whatever weeks and you suddenly tell me that you're a completely different person? I can't understand this.." I shook my head in disbelief.

"Ah.. So when you did that harsh act on me you thought I was playing with Alyssa while being in a relationship with Hayi?? Now I seem to understand.." He continued laughing.

"Stop... I'm already embarrassed enough." I lowered my gaze again.

"It's fine. Just know that I'm Kim Namjoon from this moment forwards." He said.

"Yeah, I think I can't forget you in a moment after this event." I lifted my gaze back up and smiled. He's not Yoongi.

"Good. I have someplace I want to take you so are you coming with me?" Namjoon asked and tilted his head to me slightly.

"Lead the way Kim Namjoon." I said and saw him shaking his head slightly. He was clearly still amused by the situation. I couldn't be embarrassed anymore. I could only smile. This person..

 

 

..is Kim Namjoon.

 

 

---