Tenacious thoughts

SEE MY SKY

[Saturday, 24th of March]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

The city was only waking up to the Saturday as I walked towards Mango Six from the bus stop where I got off. The air was cold and fresh and the streets were filled with fine mist. Only few cars passed me here and there. The clock was slowly reaching 6 am and the reason I was up and running this early was because I had my first morning shift at the cafe. What would make this shift different from any other, was the fact that I was going to be alone.

The morning shift (opening shift) was from 6 am to 2 pm and had a lot of preparations in it. Since the cafe was going to open up at 7 am on weekends, I needed to get everything ready and do some cleaning which was one of our weekly tasks. I had usually come to work later so the one doing the opening shift had already done the preparations. If you're not doing the opening shift, closing shift or the cleaning shift, you'll be basically responsible of the customer service only.

I arrived in front of a dark Mango Six. The birds were chirping loudly in the nearby trees as I turned the key in the keyhole. I pulled the door open and walked inside, making sure that the door went shut after me.

I made my way to the staff's room at the back to put on the lights, and the radio. Say Yes by Loco and Punch started playing around the cafe as I changed to my working outfit.

When about 45 minutes had passed, I had already done with cleaning the back area and all the glass surfaces. I had taken out the buns and cakes from the freezer, put all provided dainties out in the glass counter and even opened the cash register. I pressed on the coffee maker after I was done with everything else. Great. I still have over 10 minutes left. I sat down on the stool which was located next to the fridge counters. 

I was deathly tired now that I really thought about it. Yesterday I was back home after midnight. I showered and ate something before trying to go to sleep. For some reason I wasn't tired at all back then. I was feeling bubbly, nervous and happy for some unknown reason. Of course I knew it was because of Namjoon. Kim Namjoon. He had made my evening better. We had talked about things that needed to be talked about. I was genuinely happy.

Right now after sleeping under four hours I still wasn't regretting of spending time with him. When I woke up today, I didn't have enough time to get myself ready for the day. I had just put up my hair for a messy bun and washed my face and teeth before running to the bus. I knew that the next worker was going to come to work at 8 am so I could tidy up myself then. Maybe put on some makeup or something.

I dug up my phone from the pocket of my waist apron and checked the shift schedule. I saw that Seri was supposed to come at 8 am which got me relieved. I knew she would let me have a little recess to try and make myself look like a person. I stood up and poured some coffee for myself. I put some milk in it and let it cool off a bit. Just then I heard the front door opening up. I shot my gaze to the entrance since the door's sudden opening got me in alert. Gladly it was just Gihae boss and..

 

 

"It was such a funny, nice but funny, coincidence to meet you like this.." I heard Gihae saying to Namjoon who was walking in after him. I had frozen to my spot as I waited them to notice me. From all the days, why he needed to be here just today at 7 am? Why now when I wasn't even wearing makeup? I wanted to hide behind the counter but obviously couldn't do that since my boss was walking right next to him.

"Hah.. I guess I need to work early from this day onwards too." Namjoon said back to him. I heard heavy tiredness in his voice.

"You're always working so don't overload yourself. You can maybe.. Just visit me when you have the chance. Come here and grab some coffee like now." Gihae told and turned to look at me as they came up closer.

"Good morning boss Gihae-ssi." I bowed to him immediately. After bowing I met gazes with him.

"Oh, good morning Lee Naye!" Gihae sounded very pleased to see me. "I came this early to check up on you since it is your first opening shift. Is everything going well?" He asked and I tried so hard not to shift my gaze to Namjoon who had stopped next to Gihae.

"I'm done with everything. I'll open the doors after few minutes." I told with a smile. "Can I get you something to drink?" I asked and now moved my gaze to Namjoon. His tired eyes were observing my face. I looked back to Gihae.

"I'll take black coffee. Well, maybe put some milk in it too, thank you Naye." Gihae said and turned to look at Namjoon.

"Anything for you Mr. Kim?" I asked politely and saw him hiding an amused smile which was about to form on his lips.

"I could go with an Americano. I'm craving for its bittersweet taste." Namjoon told and rubbed his neck.

"Sure." I smiled to him. "Should I bring the drinks to the back or..?" I gave a questioning look to Gihae.

"I need to get to work so I can't stay for long." Namjoon said to Gihae who nodded in understanding.

"You can bring my coffee to the back. I'll see you later then Namjoon-ah. It was nice seeing you even for a short while." Gihae patted Namjoon's right arm and walked to the staff's room. 

"Same here." Namjoon said back and with that I turned to make Namjoon's Americano.

"Do you want a bigger cup? I can put one espresso shot for free." I said without looking at him.

"Why? Do I look that tired?" I heard him chuckling quietly. I put on the espresso machine after placing the portafilter on its place and then turned to look at him more closely this time.

"I've never seen you looking this tired before.. Did you not sleep well?" I asked.

"I didn't sleep at all.. I got dragged into... Well some work related things. I've been working ever since I got back to my house yesterday." Namjoon explained and looked exhausted even doing that. "But yeah.. Give me the bigger version then." He said with a smile.

"Guess what.." I started as I put another espresso shot coming.

"Hm?" He just hummed.

"Ali teacher had sent me a text yesterday.. I only saw it today.. But she basically told me that if I didn't come to the start-up test on next week's Friday, she would kick me out of the course." I told and gritted my teeth after that. "I don't have the confidence." I added to the end and continued making his coffee, not wanting to look at him.

"That sounds about Ali noona.." Namjoon sounded amused so I took a quick glance of him.

"..." I stayed in silence as I poured the hot water in to the cup with the espresso shots. I knew I shouldn't have said it. He's too much of a friend to Ali teacher.

"But don't worry.. That's just her way of saying that she cares, or at least wants to care." He said so I turned to him again.

"But what about the fact that I can't do it?" I hated how whiny I suddenly sounded. It's not like Namjoon would like to just hear me whine after a sleepless night. "Sorry. I know it's not your business. I figure something out." I turned back to the coffee and placed the lid over the paper mug. I carried the coffee to the counted next to the cafe register and right in front of Namjoon.

"I know how you feel.. It's just that.. You can't just wait for it to go away by itself, the fear I mean." He suddenly sounded somehow awkward when he said those words. "You need to learn how to face that fear and overcome it." He continued but didn't look at me anymore. Namjoon stared at the cup in front of him closely.

"How can I do that?" I asked quietly and finally he lifted his gaze up.

"I'm not the best person to show you how to do that.." Namjoon said and his words from yesterday night hit me. Oh right. 

"I-I.. I didn't think before saying these things." I told quickly and placed his order to the cash register. After pressing the Mr. Kim's special sale button, I met my gazes with him.

"Hmph." He just snorted in amusement. I furrowed my brows as a sign that I didn't understand what he meant by that wordless gesture.

"I appreciate of you not apologizing." He said and I felt my eyes widening. Of course. It's not like I would want someone to apologize for my situation either.

"Why would I?" I snickered and moved the coffee closer to him.

"Right." Namjoon nodded with a smile as he took the coffee. "Here." He held me some cash but I just shook my head to him.

"It's on me today." I pointed at it. "I hope I made it well.. I'm still sort of new in this." I explained while removing the order from the cash register.

"Don't understate yourself." Namjoon told with a stern look on his face. "But thank you for the coffee." He continued and I rolled my eyes to him jokingly.

"Sure Mr. Kim Namjoon-ssi." I bowed to him with my neck and heard him laughing. "I'm just going to come out and say this since I've been curious for a while now... What are you to our boss? I mean why are you so special?" I finally asked.

"Oh.. Well.. He's my uncle from my mother's side.. Yeah." Again this not so subtle awkwardness appeared in his essence.

"Oh okay." I nodded in understanding but then it hit me. "Wait....." I thought of Alyssa who was acting very friendly with Namjoon earlier this week. I remembered her telling me about her journey to Incheon to see her grandmother in her death anniversary, with her cousin. How is this world so small?

"What?" Namjoon frowned.

"You're Alyssa's cousin.. Which means that you went to Incheon with her.. To see your grandmother." I bit my lips together and lifted my gaze to meet his. Namjoon had become more expressionless if that was even possible. It seemed like he didn't like to hear the words Incheon or grandmother.

"Ehm. Yeah." He gave me a short answer and sipped his coffee.

"Your grandmother--" I was about to start but then saw someone waving behind the glass door. I immediately checked the clock to see that it was already past 7 am. I left Namjoon to his place and rushed to the door. I opened it and bowed. "I am so sorry. I forgot to open the door on time." I lifted my gaze up and saw a familiar face looking at me.

"Oh. Lee Naye." He pointed out but then shot his gaze to Namjoon who was standing behind me. This real Yoongi rushed to Namjoon and I followed him with my gaze. "Hey you!" Yoongi raised his voice to Namjoon who looked like he couldn't care a less.

"Hey to you too." Namjoon stated coldly. I quickly switched the sign so it read now open. I turned around to see the sight properly.

"Don't you know how many times I have called?? They've been trying to get a hold of you and even I've been looking for you all over the places.. God.. I'm happy that I finally found you. We need to get to the company Bang CEO is--" Yoongi was about to explain but just then I met gazes with Namjoon for a split of a second before he cut off Yoongi.

"Yah." He rasped so Yoongi fell silent. "Not here. Let's go." Namjoon nudged his head towards the door.

"Oh." Yoongi gave a quick glance to my direction before looking back at Namjoon.

"We'll leave now. Sorry for causing a scene." Namjoon said while walking closer to the door, and closer to me.

"N-no worries.. Just have a nice day, I guess." I told slightly stuttering. Namjoon just snorted and headed out of the cafe.

"Bye." Yoongi nodded to me and followed Namjoon out. I kept on looking at them through the glasses. I saw them both looking extremely annoyed as they made their way to the left. I was wondering if it was possible for Yoongi to look for Namjoon for several hours already when the clock was only 7 am. What exactly was their job? Apparently they worked at a same place since Yoongi said something about needing to go to some company. Is something critical happening right now?

 

 

Just then the door opened in front of me and a customer wearing a suit walked inside. I bowed to him and headed to the desk to get his order. What a weird way to start this Saturday. Wonder if everything is okay?

 

 

Namjoon's Pov

 

 

After something like five minutes, I was already sitting in our company's conference room. There was also Bang CEO and his secretary, deputy director, marketing team leader, Hoseok, Yoongi, BTS and BTS's two managers. We were sitting around the huge table. How the hell do they choose the times for these meetings? This was the second time we had a meeting on an uncommon day or time.

 

 

"I am so sorry for needing to call you here so quickly." Bang CEO started and gave me a quick look. "I've been doing a lot of work this last night with Namjoon and later on Yoongi. There has been some complications with the recorded files. Oh! We've faced also some rumors about an employee leaking our material out to some other sources... And umm.. Yeah, Namjoon got the files fixed and sent them forwards. The employee in charge has got a warning for his careless work." Bang CEO paused for a second.

"So everything regarding BTS's comeback is good now?" The manager asked.

"I'll get to the next subject more specifically now." Bang CEO pointed out. "I've had a long chat with Yoongi because of the material is getting leaked. We need to question every employee under production and post production departments. This is a very serious matter. We managed to stop it for now. Gladly we have a lot of loyal media partners working with us.. First suspect is the employee who messed up with the files. If we catch the culprit, we can proceed as planned with the comeback preparations. Why I wanted everyone of you here right now, is to explain the situation and to ask to keep your ears open. If you hear anything suspicious, tell me straight away. Without Namjoon and Yoongi, this day would've been a whole hell going lose." He ended and for a second everyone stayed silent.

"The first comeback stage is going to be Mnet's M!Countdown. We received a call yesterday. They told us that the person in charge of our stage was going to be on a vacation by that time. They asked if they could hire Kim Namjoon for the slot. They have worked together before and Namjoon knows about their facilities and practices.." The deputy director told. I turned to look at him lazily.

"They asked?" I furrowed my brows.

"Oh right.. I was thinking of accepting that offer. Are you fine with it Namjoon-ah?" Bang CEO said but I just shook my head slowly.

"Their live production manager suggested you. You can decline the offer if you think of it as too much of a bother. The comeback stage is on 19th of April. So about a month from this day onwards." The deputy director told while eyeing his papers.

"How does my work situation look like at that time?" I asked from Bang CEO who turned to his secretary.

"You have some decent amount of work to do but I think we can give that day's work for someone else." The secretary told. I wrinkled my nose to the thought of having even more to do than I already had.

"I guess it's fine." I told lazily and heard someone getting up from the chair loudly.

"Seokjin-ah? What is wrong?" Bang CEO asked as we all turned our attention to Jin who was now standing up.

"Nothing. I hope you'll catch the one leaking our songs out. I'll leave now if there's nothing considering me anymore." He bowed with his neck.

"Actually we needed to talk about the main role offer." The deputy director said.

"Oh the drama.. Well can we talk later? With only the two of us?" Jin asked.

"Sure. You go if you need to." Bang CEO told with a warm smile. I watched how Jin left the room. I shook my head in annoyance as the marketing team leader started to ask another question.

 

 

After a half an hour, we got out of the meeting. I was the first one getting out of the conference room, Yoongi and Hoseok followed closely after me. Only BTS and their managers needed to stay for a while longer. I figured it was about Jin's latest acts.

We walked to the second floor where our own studios were located. Hoseok waved us byes as he headed off while yawning loudly. I turned to Yoongi who had a weird expression on his face.

 

 

"What is with that look?" I asked with narrowed eyes.

"Can't you just talk to Seokjin hyung? I mean.. It's clear that he has a problem with you." Yoongi pointed out so I chuckled once without a humor. I raked my fingers through my hair and flipped them back.

"I have no energy to fight with someone I have no problem with. Why should I go and talk to him? If he has a problem with me, he comes and talks to me, right?" I shook my head in amusement. As if I had the time to go around and figure out everyone's dilemmas for the moment.

"Fine.. Whatever." Yoongi shook his head. "I don't know why I even tried." He opened the door to his studio and walked inside. I followed him and headed to my own studio, only to find someone sitting there like he'd own the place.

"..." I stared at him blankly as the door went shut behind me. "What's the matter?" I asked as if I didn't know.

"Nothing.. Just wanted to come and say hey to my best friend, that's all." He sounded awfully mean. I wrinkled my nose as I kept my eyes locked on his.

"Just tell me what the is wrong with you and then get the hell out. I don't have the energy to do this today." I told honestly and saw him furrowing his brows deeper.

"What is wrong with me? The is wrong with you Namjoon-ah?!" Jin started to get angry. 

"Stop this act please. I have a ton of work to do.." I started to get frustrated as well. I saw Jin biting his lips together for a second.

"Why are you like this Namjoon-ah?" His voice was now softer than earlier.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Like everything is a bother to you! Like you just need to take credit for our comeback song. Like it's such a horrible thing to come and help us at our comeback stage.. Like it's a ing annoyance to even see us -- BTS!" Jin let it out but he judged the situation wrongly this time.

"Wait a second Seokjin-ah.. What if it really is hard for me to be so much in contact with you all?! What are you going to do if I tell you that I don't want anything to do with BTS because it ing pisses me off?!!" I snapped. "How can you from all the people judge me and how I react to these things??! You were there when they told us about BTS, the next huge sensation.. You heard the words-- You heard that DNH needed to disband and.. For some reason you got to go on......... I ing failed! I brought this sad end to Yoongi and Hoseok so how can you judge me like this?!" I ended and felt the blood boiling inside of me. The adrenaline was rushing through my veins and it felt like I'd become breathless. I hit the wall next to me as hard as I could before turning around so I wouldn't need to face him.

"...I thought you were fine with this all. That's what you told us back then." Jin told with quiet words and I could feel the adrenaline dissolve from my body. "Namjoon-ah.. I am sorry. It hasn't been easy for me either! The reason why I've been acting like this is because of your ignorance. It's like you've given up on everything. I don't want to see that happen!" Jin stated and with that I turned around to face him again.

"Well maybe I have. Just focus on the important things, like the comeback, and I'll deal with my own problems." There was no other words coming out of my mouth. Jin's expression became hard to read as he lowered his gaze to the floor.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have come." With that he stood up from my chair and walked pass me out of the studio. I walked to my chair and slumped down on it. I covered my face to my palms. ing hell. Why did he need to choose this day? 

 

 

[Sunday, 25th of March]

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

"No way! You thought that he was your sister's fling?? Hahahah!!" Alyssa was laughing like there was no stop to it. I had told the Namjoon-Yoongi story to her over than 10 minutes ago but she was still at it. Alyssa had come over to our house to keep me company while Hayi was at work. Well we were supposed to end the task: Interview, research and compare, since the deadline was going to be tomorrow.

"Yaaah.. I understand that I was stupid so please don't laugh at me anymore." I pleaded and laid down to my bed. Alyssa was sitting on the chair in front of my desk and grinning wildly.

"I'd like to have a talk about this with Namjoonie." Alyssa gave me a girly smirk.

"Don't you dare!" I pointed at him. There was clearly panic in my voice since Alyssa was laughing again like a maniac. "Yaaaaah....."

"Okay fine." Alyssa pretended to dry the tears from under her eyes. "But let's get real for a second babes.."

"Oof.. I don't like the sound about that." I gritted my teeth together.

"Why you skipped the start-up test on Friday?" She shot the question at me. I turned to look at the wall on my right while still laying on my bed.

"I had some conflicts." I left my response short.

"Whoa. You remind me of Namjoon for some strange way.. Maybe it's the mysteriousness." Alyssa wondered out loud.

"Why aren't you asking?" I asked and sat up on my bed again. "About the conflicts.."

"I'm pretty sure that either one.. You'll tell me when you're ready, or two.. You'll get caught and I'll figure it out like that." She grinned to me so I frowned. "What?" She asked.

"You remind me of Namjoon somewhat too.." I observed her. "I appreciate your words though." I smiled as I was done studying her.

"Whoa.. This is scary!" Alyssa snickered. "How much do you know about my cousin? I want to know since he rarely gives anything out of himself.." She continued.

"Well.. Let's say that we've had some rewarding conversations. I don't know him that well though." I explained and saw her wiggling her brows.

"Soooo is there something going on in between you two?" Alyssa asked with an amused smirk on her face. When she did that face, she looked very much like Namjoon.

"No.. I just told you about the fact that I thought he was my sister's man.. I don't see him in any way particularly." I explained. Lies.

"Fine." She gave up and took a thinking expression. "For what I know.. Namjoon is the kind of a guy that doesn't tell a lot of himself but appreciates when someone is being there for him if he needs to. Of course he hasn't told me that, I just heard him talking with my dad while we were visiting grandmother's grave. Apparently it was the first time he ever took someone other with him. He's always went there by himself. So I came to the conclusion that he wants to have people around him but doesn't feel the need to say it to them -- or want to say it. He's a complicated guy, I warn you." Alyssa chuckled and turned to face her laptop.

"Hmph. I see." I said and reached my laptop from the other side of the bed. I've noticed it too. I didn't open the laptop and instead dug up my phone which had disappeared somewhere under me. According to Alyssa, Namjoon wanted someone to be there for him but didn't feel the need to ask for support. I started typing a text to him. After trying forever, I wrote: "Hey, are you okay? The morning yesterday seemed intense.."

"Are you working?" I heard Alyssa asking so I quickly hit send and threw the phone to my bed.

"Yeah. Is there a problem?" I asked while opening my laptop slowly. For a while I should keep these thoughts to myself.

 

 

They might end up hurting someone.

 

 

---