Special case

SEE MY SKY

Namjoon's Pov

 

 

I was sitting in the main lobby of the Department of Production. The clock was soon reaching 12:30 pm which meant that I soon needed to get back to Sound Engineering class. It was my third year already in this university but I still wasn't prepared for my this year's final project. Last year we needed to complete a large-scale recording project but it was a complete piece of cake for me. This year's final project was to produce a whole live performance. This project was going to be completed with the third year students in the Department of Choreography which was already a relief for me since I knew nothing about a good stage performance.

To produce a whole live performance, it needed time and a lot of work - the two things I really didn't have. I was so clued to BH entertainment and my load in there that I could barely even think of this whole project. My head was going to blow up in any second now.

 

 

"Hey Namjoon-ah!" I heard Hoseok's voice coming from the main entrance so I turned my attention towards it.

"Oh." I jerked my chin upwards as Hoseok sat down to the couch on the opposite side of me. "What are you doing here? Don't you have class?" I questioned and checked the time.

"I finished early today." Hoseok grinned and I snorted to his act. "Look I needed to talk with you about our final project!" He started and I could already feel my ears heating up.

"I shouldn't have promised to be your partner." I mumbled jokingly. "What do you want to talk about?" 

"I mean.. I know you have a lot of work to do in here and at the BH but.. This is our last project in this university and I'd like to make it good. The best." Hoseok explained and I could see his expression becoming more serious now.

"I know, I know.. And I promise to do my best too." I smiled to him slightly before the smile faded away. "But you know I can't just take anyone to sing my songs." I added to the end quietly.

"That's why we need to check out the new students in th Department of Performance. There might be some extraordinary students." Hoseok pointed out and I scoffed.

"I doubt that.. It'll need a lot of work to be able to sing my songs well." I pointed out since not even all in BTS could do it.

"Well.. We can make a casting later or something." Hoseok wrinkled his nose and stood up. "But I'm still glad that you're my partner." He added.

"Where are you going now?" I asked from him as he made his way towards the main entrance.

"BH calls me." He winked and I shook my head to him.

 

 

[Tuesday, 12th of March]

 

 

Hayi's Pov

 

 

The clock was 3:50 pm as I was finally walking out of my exhausting English class. You would think that in the university like this there'd be no English - but you're wrong. The course was actually called: English and Media Communications, which had been a mandatory course last year as well. I rubbed my neck and stepped out to the cool spring air and started to make my way towards the front gates where I would probably meet Naye like always. However as I was making my way there, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I dug it up and saw Naye's name on the screen.

 

 

"Where are you?" I asked as soon as I took the call.

"Well.." She started. "I'm going to meet Alyssa's father and there might be a chance for me to get a job at his coffee shop." I could hear her smiling as she spoke.

"Are you that happy?" I questioned with an amused smile.

"More than that!" Naye raised her voice.

"Alright then.. I hope you'll find your way home." I chuckled.

"I'm trying at least." Naye snickered. "Wish me luck sis!"

"Good luck! I hope you'll get the job." I told with a smile and ended the call. So, now that Naye wasn't walking with me, I could take the bus. I started to make my way towards the bus stop but suddenly felt a rough pull on my back bag. I fell backwards straight towards someone. "Yah.." I mumbled as I stood up straight to face this douche.

"Oops." He just stated before smirking to me.

"Yah.." I whined to Yoongi who was obviously happy to tease me again.

"It's been a long time Hayi." Yoongi noted and I nodded once.

"I think I saw you last time.." I took a thinking expression. "Last week's Friday?" I cocked my brows.

"Yeah at my place. Where we're going now. You want to join?" He tilted his head and I noticed someone walking towards us from behind him.

"Namjoon!" I exclaimed brightly as he was close enough to hear me.

"Hayi-ah." Namjoon smiled slightly as he saw me. The smile lasted only for something like 0,01 seconds but I was happy to see him showing even that much emotion.

"I heard you're going to Yoongi's place? Can I crash?" I asked from him.

"Of course. Just so you know, we're not going to do anything proactive today. It's been hell of a rough start for this second week." Yoongi rubbed his neck and I saw Namjoon gazing him from the corner of his eyes mischievously.

"Don't tell me you went clubbing again last weekend!" I gave a desperate look to Yoongi who turned to give Namjoon a confused look.

"Did you tell her or is she reading minds now?" Yoongi sounded surprised as his gaze landed on me again.

"I think she just reads you well." Namjoon shrugged and walked pass me.

"Wait up!" I ran after him.

 

 

Yoongi lived in the middle of everything so that's why we'd been hanging there ever since I got to know them. The points go from university to BH entertainment to my apartment - Yoongi's place was located just in the middle of those all.

When we got to Yoongi's place, it still looked exactly the same than a week ago. Now it was only messier.

  

 

 

"So do you guys want anything?" Yoongi asked as he kicked his shoes off and headed to the kitchen.

"Just give me some water." I told and placed my shoes nicely next to Yoongi's.

"I could use a cup of coffee. My head feels like it's about to explode." Namjoon mumbled and slumped down to Yoongi's couch.

"Coming right up." Yoongi told and I sat to the armchair next to the couch.

"So.. How's the school started rolling?" I asked from Namjoon who was eyes closed leaning his head against the couch's back.

"It's been slightly over a weak and I'm feeling hopeless." He mumbled as he kept his eyes closed. Just then Yoongi walked to us and gave me a bottle of water before he went to sit next to Namjoon on the couch.

"Oh I remember that time." Yoongi smirked.

"What's up?" I questioned since I didn't know what their studies were like.

"He needs to produce a live performance together with a third year choreo student. Which I guess is Hoseok in his case." Yoongi explained and I nodded curiously.

"Then you'll have a stable ground and a lot of time before it needs to be ready. What's wrong?" I tried to get something out of him but got only a heavy sigh.

"Hah.. Don't be so dramatic." Yoongi patted Namjoon's chest once which made him open his eyes.

"I know I can trust Hoseok in this but I'm not so sure about myself.." He started and we stayed quiet for him to continue. "It's just that I have no inspiration or motivation to even start this project since we need our university's students to cooperate and we can't use anyone from outside.. You know that many can't sing my songs." Namjoon explained and I lowered my gaze.

"You know that Hayi can! Why don't you just use her as your singer?" Yoongi asked and I turned to look at Namjoon. We met gazes for a brief moment before he turned to look at Yoongi again.

"I already used her voice in my last year's final project. I can't do it again." Namjoon rubbed his temple with his fingertips. It's true that Namjoon's songs aren't suitable for everyone but maybe..

"Oh that's right.." Yoongi scrunched his nose.

"I might know someone who can." I told with a quiet voice and soon both of their attention were on me. "But it's not as simple as that.." I added to the end quietly.

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

I was standing inside of this beautiful cafe in the middle of Seoul. I could see big buildings around and lot of people walking on the streets outside. I turned to gaze the place one more time through before turning to Alyssa who was at the desk speaking to one of the workers.

 

 

 

"Yohoo!" I heard Alyssas's voice and saw her waving at me. I started to make my way slowly closer to her. "Okay dad, here's my friend who would like to work at your cafe." Alyssa nudged her head at me as I stopped next to her. I saw a man around his fifties standing on the other side of the desk. He had sad eyes but he was still smiling as he held his hand to me. I grabbed his hand an we shook hands before I withdrew.

"Good evening. My name is Lee Naye and I'm soon 20 years old." I bowed to him with my neck.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Yoo Gihae, the owner of Mango Six. Why don't you step inside so we can talk more specifically." He pointed the worker's room at the back and I nodded to him.

"Good luck." I heard Alyssa's voice saying behind me as I followed Gihae inside.

 

 

Namjoon's Pov

 

 

The clock was reaching 11 pm as I was making my way towards the BH entertainment. My apartment wasn't located far from BH but I was basically living there because of my work. Today, however, I thought about sleeping on my own bed instead of the hard couches in the company.

When I arrived to the building and was about to go inside, I noticed Hoseok walking out of the front doors looking tired as hell.

 

 

"Oh Namjoon." Hoseok yawned.

"Are you still working?" I asked with furrowed brows.

"Yeah well.. I'm trying to figure the choreo for BTS's comeback song, the one Yoongi composed.." Hoseok explained and rubbed his eyes.

"Are you sure you're capable of doing that in this state?" I pointed at him and smirked.

"Not sure but I'm soon getting there I know it!" Hoseok crossed his arms.

"Where are you going now?" I questioned since he was definitely coming outside of the building.

"Oh I'm just getting some coffee for me and Jimin from Mango Six." He pointed somewhere behind me so I turned to look over my shoulder to the small coffee place on the other side of the road.

"Why don't you go and get 10 minutes power nap while I'll go and get the coffee?" I offered since Hoseok was really - and I mean really - tired. I could see if uncle is still there..

"Oh I love you." Hoseok smiled, eyes closed. "One iced Americano and one normal coffee with milk." He stated and turned around.

"I'll be right there." I snorted in amusement and turned around to face the cafe.

 

 

When I got there, the clock was already 10:50 pm which meant that the place was going to close in ten minutes. The  cafe was otherwise empty except the two workers inside. Other one was mopping the floor a bit further and other one was standing behind the desk. I made my way to her.

 

 

"Hey.." I started since the girl was facing the other direction. She turned around and smiled to me. "..Seri." I added to the end when I recognized her.

"Good evening Namjoon-ssi. What can I get to you this time?" She asked sweetly.

"One black coffee, one coffee with milk and one iced Americano." I listed and leaned my palm against the desk in front of me. Apparently he has left already.

"Coming right up-- Except that.." Seri stopped doing whatever she was about to do and turned to the other girl mopping the floor. "Lee Naye! Come here so you can serve this customer." She raised her voice so I turned to look at the girl who was now making her way to us. I kept on observing her as she came closer. She passed me quickly and walked to the other side of the desk before lifting his gaze to meet mine.

"O-oh you--" She started and I saw her eyes flickering which made me focus on her facial features better. She was indeed Hayi's little sister but I couldn't recognize her first because of the outfit she was wearing.

"It's been a while."

 

 

Your Pov

 

 

"O-oh you--" I got startled because of him. I hadn't seen him since the day when I found him in our place. Seeing him at this hour in a place like this was something I hadn't expected. He eyed me for a while blankly before his lip corners twitched up once.

"It's been a while." He said with his smoothing voice which made me furrow my brows slightly.

"I-I.." Before I managed to answer to him my coworker called Seri cut me off.

"Serve him a black coffee and a coffee with milk while I finish this iced Americano." She told nicely and I hummed a small reply to her before breaking my eye-contact with this Yoongi guy. I slowly poured coffee to the mugs not wanting to ruin anything since he was standing right in front of me. When I was done I placed the two cups in to this carrying tray and just then Nara placed the iced Americano next to them on the tray.

"Here." I held him the carrying tray and he took it. Our fingers managed to touch only for a second before I let go of the tray.

"Lee Naye. I'll show you how to cash Mr. Kim here." Seri told and pointed the cash register.

"Huh?" I furrowed my brows.

"He's a special customer so what ever he's ordering, you'll just press here and the sum is what shows on the screen." Seri pointed the button I needed to press while cashing him.

"Okay?" I questioned and cocked my brow up as I turned to face him. He just nodded once and held the money for me. I reached to the money and took the spare one from the cash register before giving it to him.

"Thank you. Enjoy your drinks." I added to the end like they told me to.

"I will." He jerked his chin upwards with this arrogant smile before heading out of the cafe. When he was outside, I turned to look to Seri who was now counting the money in the cash register.

"Why's he special?" I asked from Seri who didn't turn to look at me.

"He's a.." Seri paused for a moment as if she'd think what to say next. "A familiar with our boss." She ended.

"Right.." I mumbled and started to clean up. Mr. Kim? He seems to be someone pretty important. I nodded determinedly before focusing on cleaning the desk.

 

 

What a long evening.

 

 

---