My story of failures

[Jikook] For a better life

Everyone has a life. Some better, some worse. There is someone, whose life was kind of both up until now. He lived like a predator and after a time, got back everything he gave. All the crimes he committed and the good he took.

"Jeon Jungkook?" His life was full of with misfortunes. With blood, death and violence. But still, despite all these he had a happy life. And in a few days, everything turned upside down. His world collapsed and he found himself having nothing to live for anymore. His life became a complete mess. "Yes" Revenge was the only thing keeping his mind and body in place. But soon realized how insignificant revenge is.

It doesn't set your heart at ease and you will still feel the pain, with the drawback of doing something improper.

"You're lucky to be freed so soon. Appreciate it!"

He heard the clacking voices, as the iron gate opened up in front of him, bespread the room behind him with sunlight, and suddenly the forever-seemed darkness disappeared. It was a new life. A brand new beginning.

As he stepped out of the jail, he closed his eyes because of the flashing sunlight. He inhaled the clean air, then exhaled slowly. Did it a few more times until he heard the gate closing behind him. I'm finally free. he said to himself.

He opened his eyes again. The boy stood in the middle of an empty road. Both of its end unseen because of the fog. It was a sunny, yet foggy morning. The weather was windy and a little bit cold to the clothes Jungkook wore, but he still liked it.

It's been a long time he has been out. That he could do everything and anything he wanted to.

He looked up in the sky as he blocked the sunlight hurting his eyes by holding his hand up. The sky seemed a lot bluer than in jail. The clouds gave off a friendly vibe and the sunbeam gave warmth, so he wasn't cold that much.

He let his hand fall next to him and turned around, had a last look of the building he had been in for years.

A week ago when the police visited him, he didn't know what to expect.

This was his first time being in jail and was still really young for being there. He wished, his luck turned around and they decided to take him out sooner because of his proper behavior.

He wasn't so far from the truth. They really let him out sooner...but only if he agrees to make the deal offered to him.

"You may have heard, that a prisoner from here escaped not a long ago." said the police officer. "Yes, I heard." Jungkook answered. "Do you know who it was?" Jungkook shook his head, then the woman started to tell the details. "His name is Park Chi Won."

Jungkook's eyes widened in shock.

"He is a leader of a gang, called the Dark Knights. I am sure you know of him, so it's useless to deny."

Jungkook looked the woman in the eyes. "What do you want from me?" he asked.

"We will free you in a week, if you make a deal with us. This deal, consists of you catching and bringing him back here, so that he will live his leftover years in an isolated cell, where he cannot harm anyone anymore."

"So my only task is to bring him back, right?" asked Jungkook, a bit worried.

He had enough of his past 'career', he just wanted to hide it as deep as possible.

"Yes. You can kill him if it's necessary, but only then!" the woman ordered him.

"Why me?" "We know, that you are the one, knowing Chi Won the best. You have the highest chance on winning him over. You know his tactics, tricks and habits. It will be a lot easier for you to catch him. Besides, you are  a hitman. To my knowing they kill anyone they are asked to, so this task should be no problem at all for you, Jungkook."

"I WAS a hitman." Jungkook corrected the woman as fast as he heard how her sentence will go. "Not anymore."

The woman waited a bit before opening for speech again. "So should I take it as a no then?"

Jungkook bent down his head as he started to think it all over. He surely wanted to stop being a hitman, but on the other hand he didn't want to stay for years and years.

The last time he killed someone was the reason he ended up being here. And most importantly, his job was the reason he lost both his parents.

They were killed by one of his enemies. The sadness and sorrow he felt back then was unforgettable.

He regretted every moment of his life back then and he still does.

He remembers his father, teaching him how to fix broken things and taking him to his workplace.

He remembers his mother always making pancakes when he got a really good mark in school and caring about him each and every time.

He remembers their embrace, loving, caring looks and their soft, warm and safe hands.

They were always on Jungkook's side. They always supported him, no matter what goal he had. They assisted him even when he at first wanted to become a dancer, which then turned into an idol.

Somewhere he got lost after trying to be an idol. He made new friends, but the friendly and introverted friends turned out to be a part of a gang.

Against his will he became a member of them, without even noticing. Then, the gang leader saw potencies in him and trained him further.

He soon realized he got lost on the way of becoming an idol and the road of a gangster instead.

That is where it all began. He left school and became a hitman, serving duties to kill people he is ordered to.

His parents didn't know at first about him skipping school, but after a phone call from the principal's office they became utterly angry at their son, so they decided to lock him up in his room, but failed.

He sneaked out every day and once was caught red handed.

He realized only years later, that they only wanted to defend him from the upcoming hard times laying ahead, but still when they found everything out, they forced smile on their faces and showed support so he won't be hurt so much.

His parents wanted him to stop what he is doing, but still decided to support him and respect his decision and this was their loss.

That is why they died.

He still remembers when he got home, finding his dad lying on the floor of their living room, with a puddle of blood under him.

He just got home from a mission back then, holding his knife in his hands. He had cleaned it properly before arriving home, because he knew his mother doesn't like the smell of blood.

He fell onto his knees, dropping his knife on the floor which left a knocking sound on the ground. He couldn't move even an inch to get closer and see what happened exactly. He bursted out crying, screaming his parents' names. His tears were dripping down his cheeks and chin.

He couldn't even see properly because the tears in his eyes made his vision blurry.

He remembers it all too vividly.

Like it was just yesterday his dad accompanied him to school and his mom was giving him a slight kiss on his forehead as a lucky charm.

His parents were the reason he wanted to stop being a hitman, living a life of an ordinary human, however it all seemed impossible at this point.

"Jungkook? Are you sure you wanna refuse our offer?"

Jungkook looked up again feeling like he just came back from a long tiring tour. He may get rotten in these cells and not having a  chance for a new life or may live on for the time being as he used to be and start all over again with a blank page.

The woman sighed and stood up from his chair, gave a last glance to Jungkook sitting on the other side of the glass wall and started to head out.

"I will do it" said Jungkook.

The woman stopped and looked back at the boy.

"I will take your offer."

It's all for you..mom...dad. I made you a promise at the day of your funeral. I will have a normal life as you always wanted. I will have a job, make money for living and have a family. I know you were always at least a bit disappointed in me. I will change that and be a son of yours, worth of being someone you can be proud of.

 


 

The wind blew Jungkook's hair as he stood near the train station.

It was a specific time of the day he hated. Students flocking the streets and park after finishing at school. He always got reminded he didn't even finish his studies yet. How will he be able to find a job later? This fact was worrying him but he knew he can't concentrate on his studies until he finishes his mission.

"What if I won't be able to either catch or kill Chi Won?" "We will take you back here. You don't have much time so work hard. Even our patience is finite, so don't cheat and try to flee. It will be impossible for you anyway. It's not worth trying"

He always had this dialog in mind between him and the police officer.

He had limited time to find and drag Chi Won back to where he belongs and he still couldn't find anything worthy regarding the Dark Knights' leader.

Suddenly he hears screams from a pretty small distance.

He wanted to step forward to have a better look on it and tried to look around, above the heads of the crowd.

He identified a blonde-haired boy running like crazy, chased by three men. He was in the way of the boy so he stepped back, then stepped forward again to block the way of the three bastards.

They seem like gang members. Perfect! Maybe they could serve me with some juicy information. Jungkook thought.

He kicked them out in no time. After several serial killers and notorious bad guys these three were no match for him. It was too easy. You're lucky I restrained myself.

He looked after the blonde-haired boy, questioning himself, who he might be, but he left too soon so Jungkook couldn't properly watch him.

After this he kneeled down next to one of the boys still moving a bit, grabbed his shirt and looked him in the eyes.

"You!" he started. "Do you know Chi Won?" the man didn't answer like he didn't even hear. "Answer me!" Jungkook heightened his voice. The man, in his hands, bursted out laughing and spit next to Jungkook.

"Tell me you son of a-" he punched the man right in the face, who started to bleed on his nose.

"Are you after him?" asked the bleeding guy.

"And you even dare to ask questions. You really don't know what position you are at. You should take your circumstances into your account."

"Yes we know him!" he spouted out the truth finally.

"Where is he?" "We wouldn't be here if we knew."

Sh*t! You useless brats!

Jungkook cursed in himself as he let go of the guy and stood up, disappearing in less than a second in the huge crowds of people.