Gaining an ally

[Jikook] For a better life

Jimin freaked out for a second from the view of the pistol. It was directly aiming at him, without any uncertainty, hesitation or trembling.

His eyes wandered up to the man's face. Now his features were a lot more visible, than before. He clearly saw his russet-colored hair, that he stepped out of the shadow and got lit by the street lamp. His gaze was penetrating but his mouth turned into a position which rather showed boredom now. His clothes consisted of a simple jeans, shirt, boots, hoodie and jacket, all of them in slightly different shades of black.

Jimin even forgot about the gun for a brief moment as he started to think about Jungkook. He had a feeling he had met him before. Jungkook frowned and loosened the grip on his gun as he realized just the same about Jimin, but he couldn't recall anything else than the fact that he knows this boy.

"Now, that the circumstances are clear, who is on top here, I think it would be the easiest for both of us if you start to chirp." started Jungkook. "Where is Chi Won's hide-out?"
Jimin was still trying to reminisce the past, hoping to find the identity of the boy in his memories. He got grabbed out of his memories by the clacking voice of the gun which was armed by the boy standing in front of him, ready to shoot anytime. Jimin's heart started to pound faster and he gulped a big.

"Jeez! Why can't you just do what I tell you to? I'm not really in the mood of killing someone, though you shouldn't feel safe." He sighed "Speak until I give you a chance to do so." He looked really bored but still, a bit of nervousness was visible. "Speak you-"

"Jimin!" A voice was heard from the near distance and Jungkook instantly looked in the direction of it.

As he looked to the side, Jimin could recognize him. Even the thin layer of clouds moved away from the moon, lighting the man's face a lot brighter.

Then, the realization in Jimin came like a strike. He soon recognized the hair color, the body type, the face features he saw. His eyes widened. He was the one who saved me from Minjun's people.

"What the heck is happening here?" A shout was audible again. This time Jimin got distracted by the scream and looked in the direction as well.

Namjoon, who shouted at them before, started to run to save Jimin.

Jungkook took a last glance at the boy sitting on the ground and stepped back in the shadow before totally disappearing.

By the time Namjoon arrived there Jimin was staring in the ether. Namjoon crouched down next to the small boy and shook him by his shoulders, trying to get him back to earth. "Jimin you hear me? Why are you like this?" asked Namjoon "Gosh, answer me finally!"
Jimin still didn't answer. He was drowned in his own thoughts regarding Jungkook. He was confused and had a feeling there is some more to this. He had a feeling, he forgot something.

"YAH!" Yelled Namjoon with a deafening voice into Jimin's ears, who got scared of it so much, that he jumped aside.

"Stop it Namjoon! I'm fine!" Jimin screamed back. "I can hear you!"

"It definitely didn't seem like that." Answered Nam as his hair was also lit by the broad moonlight and his jeans around the part of his knees got dirty by kneeling next to Jimin on the ground. "What are you doing here? And who was him?"

The small boy looked down on his hands. "I don't know who he is, but I saw him following you and dad, and I had no way of notifying you about it, so it seemed logical to follow him myself."

"Jimin you know exactly, that the reason why either Hobi or I am being next to Chi Won is to save him, so you shouldn't be concerned about it." The older put his hands on the other's shoulders and smiled calmly. "It's our task and nothing bad is gonna happen, believe me."
Jimin could do nothing by the comforting words of Namjoon, but to smile back.

 


 

Beeping sounds were audible as Jungkook was dialing a number, then raised the phone next to his ears. He waited a few seconds, and heard a melodic, deep, manly voice greeting him in a cold way from the other side of the phone.

"What do you want?" The greeting was said. "Hi, to you too!" Answered the russet-haired boy.

He was a bit frustrated, because he didn't really like the person he was talking with now, but had to realize the importance of him to complete his last mission. This person was really stubborn, teasing and irritating in Jungkook's eyes, who was a hitman as well, but everyone, including the other hitmans, hated him. The feeling of superiority in him got on everyone's nerves. Even though his skills in his job were outstanding, his personality just ruined it all.

"Just tell me what you want!"

Jungkook gritted his teeth by the attitude of the other man, but decided to let this go and just concentrated on his goal. "You remember that mission we had years ago?"

It was silent for a moment on the other side. Only a small breath was audible. "Yeah."

He hated even the thought of asking for help from him. "I have a favor to ask." Jungkook could even imagine the other's face grimacing, expressing revulsion. "I would need your help in a really important mission."

"Wow, seems like finally there is a mission which overwhelmed you. What is it about?"
"We should get rid of someone, who is pretty hard to reach and if it comes to quantity, it's a hundred-percent failure for me. I don't want to tell the details on phone, so come here and I'll inform you face-to-face."

"Who do you think I am to be there in no time?

"Someone who owes me I guess." Answered Jungkook and the phone became silent again, this time for an even longer period of time. "I'm in Busan, 325 kilometers away, remember?" "Just be here by tomorrow, we have no time to waste."

Then, after an agreement, he hung up and dropped the phone next to himself on the couch with a bumping sound. Jungkook was sitting in his huge house in the dark and closed his eyes as he lifted his head back on the backrest of the couch. "It is surely gonna be interesting."

 


 

The next day a knock was audible from the door, but it was so quiet that it almost vanished away with the other voices coming from the road nearby. A man standing in front of the house and decided to ring the bell to be noticed.

The sun was high up in the sky when Jungkook got up from his bed, woken up by the bell. He yawned big and walked down the stairs before he arrived to the front door.
But as always, at first he went to the room next to the door to get a look from the person waiting in front of it. The view was always perfect from that window. It always helped Jungkook to know who is waiting for him, because he could evade any confrontation with unwanted guests this way.

He saw a man waiting impatiently in front of Jungkook's door. He had turquoise hair and pale skin with eyes shaped in a bit of a triangle shape. Because of his black face mask, Jungkook couldn't totally recognize him at first.

It seemed utterly cold and windy outside, as the man tucked his hands deeply into the pockets of his long brown wool jacket.

Jungkook rushed to the door and opened it. "Finally!" Said the man. "I thought you're never gonna come out." He didn't even ask for invitation and directly went into the other's house.
"You should still watch your manners, Yoongi." Jungkook closed the door behind them and walked after Yoongi to the living room. "You came earlier than I expected."
Yoongi just huffed. "You thought I would be that of a careless jerk not to come? I should repay you somehow for what you've done to me." Stated the newcomer. "However I hoped that buying a drink for you will be enough."

Jungkook looked at the other with disinterest and hatred, so the older hurriedly excused himself. "Just kidding." He said with a playful smile.

Jungkook let out a big sigh. "You want some coffee or tea?" "I would take some coffee."
The brown-haired boy went into the kitchen and made some coffee for both of them, while the other stayed at the living room to look around. When the coffees arrived, they both sat down to the dining table facing each other.

"So, when are you going to initiate me into the details Jungkook?"

Jungkook stirred his coffee and took a sip from it, before answering. "You heard about Chi Won, right?"

"That man who escaped from prison not a long ago?"

"Yeah. He escaped from the same prison, I stayed at. And I have some business regarding him, but the problem is, that he is a too big bite. And I need someone to accompany me."
"And all you could think about was me." Yoongi furred his brows.

"You are the only one, I know close enough. Besides, your skills are the closest to mine so far."

"That seems like you state that you are better than me." "I have no doubt upon that." answered Jungkook, still stirring his coffee. Yoongi huffed in disagreement, but just decided to let it go. "Whatever."

"So, the basic situation is that I got a mission again, but this time not from someone in the 'underworld'."

"From who then?" Asked Yoongi without showing any emotions and started to drink his coffee.
"The police."

Yoongi almost choked on his coffee as he heard the answer. He felt like drowning in his half cup of coffee by the sudden surprise. "The police?" He repeated with widened eyes. Jungkook nodded and the turquoise-haired boy's eyes widened even more. He stood up and slapped onto the table in anger, shouting directly at the other, still stirring his coffee calmly. "Are you stupid? The POLICE??" He emphasized every single word, especially the last one. "You are a freaking hitman, Jungkook. Police is like our enemy. They are hunting us like we are beasts!"

"Don't you think we are?!" Jungkook looked Yoongi in the eyes as he spoke. "Who do you think the beasts are? Those, killing or those, saving people?"

"You are not in your right mind! No matter what they tell you, they just wanna catch and lock you up. They deceive you!"

"No, it's not as you imagine it, Yoongi. They came for me. In prison. They promised to let me out a lot sooner if I help them. This is why I got this task."

Yoongi just stood in place. He didn't say even a word. He froze, having no idea what to say to this situation. He let out a big sigh and hopped back on his chair, closing his eyes, trying to decrease his nervousness. He opened his eyes again, which met with Jungkook's. "You sure you're won't regret it?"

"Yes!" Answered Jungkook confidently.

Another sigh escaped from Yoongi's mouth. "Fine, then. I will help you."

 


 

Already the same day, both Jungkook and Yoongi went on an 'information journey'.

Jungkook was heading towards the park he saw Jimin once. He didn't know anything about him, except the fact that he is somehow connected to Chi Won. He may be the connecting link between him and the gang leader.

The boy was standing in the park twisting his head from left to right and back as he followed the people with his eyes. Some girls passing by, smiled at him with a sugary smile, but got back nothing from the boy. He shut out everything, but blonde-hair. His eyes only stopped at blonde-haired people. After almost an hour, Jungkook was close giving up as he didn't find Jimin. Sh*t! he cursed in himself.

After eventually giving the searching up, he started to wander around, hoping to find something considerable. Loud laughter was audible from behind him, which get on his nerves. He clenched his teeth in annoyance. After minutes he was so frustrated by the sound of the people behind him, he had to hold himself back not to punch them in the face.

He took a glance on them in the rear-view mirror of a car in the parking lot. His eyes widened in shock as he stopped. He could see two male students in uniform and even though he couldn't see the face of the guy on the left, he clearly saw the other's. Found you! He stepped aside from the pavement with a smile. He was happy he finally found the boy after so much wandering.

Jungkook hid behind a wall and waited for the two boy to go further. Jimin and his friend were still laughing. The blonde-haired boy seemed a lot different now, than at night. The Sun painted orangish lines on his hair, his eyes formed a shape of crescent as he was smiling widely. He seemed a lot younger in his uniform. It was hard to recognize him without his baggy pullover and ripped jeans.

When they were far enough, Jungkook came out from his hiding place and followed them.

"Was it really what happened?" Jimin asked laughing in high-pitched voice. Tae hummed in response.

"Between" started Jimin "what happened the day before yesterday when I left you two alone?" Taehyung seemingly startled by this question of his friend. "Why are you interested?"

"You really thought I didn't notice? I was waiting for you to open up for me, but soon had to realize that you will never tell me anything about it." Taehyung looked down on the ground. "Yeah, you are right. And I still don't wanna talk about it. Just pretend like you didn't notice."

"Tae, come on! I'm your friend, you can tell me anything!"

"I know." A long silence came afterwards, as Taehyung drowned deep into his own thoughts. Jimin felt the obnoxious aura around themselves. "And actually, nothing happened. I don't know what you expected." Taehyung sounded so phlegmatic to Jimin, he decided to let go of this theme for a while.

"I see." replied Jimin.

Jungkook was still walking after them, until Jimin and Taehyung arrived to their school where he could go no further because of the gatekeeper. He had a big sigh and turned around to go home. At least he knows where Jimin can be found the most likely.

Suddenly in the corner of his eyes he noticed a man with an unusual look. He had his whole face covered with a face mask and sunglasses. This look would be normal for an average people, as it was shining brightly and the smog was perceptible as well, but not for Jungkook. He sensed that something is not okay.

The curious boy stayed until Jimin finished school. His only pause was a walk to the grocery shop and back. The man was replaced with another one, looking almost the same.

Jimin came out of the school with his friend from morning. They were cheerfully laughing again, until the man bothered them. Both students turned to the man, who later bowed and showed in the direction of the car, just stopping next to them in that moment. As Jungkook observed everything from a distance, the two friend shared some last words before Jimin got into the black car.

Jungkook instantly jumped up from the cover of a big bush and sprinted after the car. As he run by Taehyung, the student got surprised, leaned back and watched as the running boy disappeared the next street.

 


 

After a long time of running, Jungkook arrived home angrily. He shut the door behind him and made big sighs as he took off his shoes and threw them on the ground. He stomped into the living room and dropped himself on the couch, closing his eyes.

His hair adhered to his forehead by his sweat, still running down his cheeks. His chest moved up and down, from breathing heavily.

It seemed like calmness finally reached him, but it all disappeared by the sound of steps near him.

He opened his eyes widely and looked around. His eyes fixed on the feet of someone which was obviously not his owns. His gaze wandered up to the face of the man standing in front of him. He felt relief a he realized, it's only Yoongi.

"Did you find something?" asked the older. "Go away, I'm too tired for you."

"Well..." Yoongi obviously could see the answer in the other's eyes. "I guess that means no."

"Shut up!" Jungkook was really not in a good mood. His whole day consisted of searching for Jimin and in the end he gained nothing considerable. All in all he would call this day as: worthless.

The younger stood up and wanted to head up to his room to have some sleep, but stumbled in something. "What the-" he looked down and got to see a huge suitcase.

Why is my suitcase here? he thought Wait a bit... he turned around to face the turquoise-haired guy. "Is it yours?" he pointed towards the case. The other nodded.

"Wait!" said Jungkook seemingly edgy. "You thought you are going to live...here?" Yoongi nodded again.

"What the heck? Go to a hotel" he beckoned and waved with his hand. "or somewhere else I don't care, just go!"

"Wow" Yoongi was seemingly annoyed that he had to face a boy, who just has that time of the month. "Calm down little girl!" he faced the palm of his hand towards Jungkook as a sign to stop. "Just think it over! You are the one, who asked me for help, thus accept the consequences."

"I never asked you to come and live with me." "But you know exactly I don't have the money for renting a place somewhere. I won't spend my money because of you. It's more than enough that I'm helping you."

"You owe me!"

"With what? With me going bankrupt?" he raised an eyebrow.

Jungkook could say nothing more, he felt too tired for this. "Let it be, just do what you want." He turned around and went upstairs, but before going into his room he stopped for a moment. "First room on the left is empty" he said then headed to his room.

"Aish, this kid!" Yoongi smiled, then grabbed his case and went upstairs.