First steps - broken

[Jikook] For a better life

With a crumbling heart, Jungkook headed down to the kitchen, sitting down beside Yoongi.

"What's up? You look worn out."

Jungkook placed his forehead into his palm and closed his eyes, with a big sigh. "It's Jimin."

"What's with him?!" Yoongi seemed worried already even though he had no idea about the situation. The elder's heart crumbled only even by the imagining of Jimin's hurting.

"His dad called."

"And?" Confusion was visible on Yoongi's face. He had mixed feelings about Jimin. He wanted him to be safe next to his family but he also wanted him to stay. It would be safer for him here...right?

"Chi Won won't come. He dismissed our deal." said Jungkook with his eyes still closed.
"Why? Didn't he say before that he agrees?"

"I came to know that it all was the doing of Namjoon. You remember that purple haired guy from before. It's him."

"Why would he do something like this?...but coming to think of it, both him and that orange haired seemed to be really close to Jimin."

"I know right! Maybe they are friends as well. But eventually Namjoon will be punished." Said Jungkook with empathy in his voice. He deplored Namjoon. He was brave for trying to save his friend even though he knew he would get in trouble when caught.

"Did you tell Jimin his father is a huge as*hole like this?"

"I didn't mean to tell."

"So you did!" Frowned Yoongi.

"No. I mean...well...it was unintentional. We thought it's Namjoon and I let him hear the conversation." The younger bowed his head by the bad memory.

"And how is he feeling now?" Yoongi seemed totally neutral by this topic but on the inside he felt the level of anger rising in himself. He clenched his fist under the table so Jungkook can't see it.

"He seemed broken. I had the feeling that he believed in his father till the really end but he had to face the truth." Jungkook gave off another big sigh. "I feel terrible and I cannot forget him crying. It ingrained in my brain."

"Did you manage to console him?" asked Yoongi.

"Not really. I didn't know what to say. I was afraid of making the situation even worse."

"Then I can-"

Yoongi's sentence was interrupted by a knock on the main door. The elder sighed one and offered to open the entrance door. He went to the window to take a look at the person waiting outside. The man outside was really tall, with broad shoulders and pink hooded pullover. A few strands of his brown hair was visible from under the hoodie. His face looked like a model's with his pretty lips, eyes and nose.

Who might he be? Yoongi went back to Jungkook. "There is an unknown man outside."

Jungkook frowned and he stood up with interest from the table. He stepped next to the 'peeking window'. He was confused, surprised and worried at the same time, but ignoring these feelings he rushed to the door and opened it, with Yoongi behind his back.

After opening the door a bright smile appeared on the man's face. "Long time no see, Jk."

"Jin!" The young didn't even believe his eyes. He looked through his friend from head to toe several times and later noticed a suitcase by Jin's side. "What are you doing here?!"

"What a nice greeting. You see me after years and 'What are you doing here' is the first sentence you say?" He laughed.

"Sorry, you know I didn't-" Jungkook would have started to apologize but Jin interjaculated.

"I know I know." Jin laughed at his friend. "By the way, I decided to have a bit of break, so I came back. I missed everyone."

"I see." Jungkook smiled at Jin. "Come in." He stepped backwards and after he closed the door behind Jin, he looked at Yoongi and Jin facing each other. "Jin, he is Yoongi who is living with me for a while." He pointed at the turquoise haired. "And Yoongi, he is Jin. My childhood friend who has been living in Japan for years." The younger one pointed at the tall man beside him.

"Nice to meet you." Yoongi smiled with a welcoming smile, at which Jungkook got surprised. He rarely sees him smile.

"Nice to meet you too." Jin answered with a heartwarming smile on his face, then he turned to his old friend with an inquisitive look, which Jungkook didn't understand at first.

"Oh!" Said Jungkook. "Go in." he pointed towards the living room. After Jin, also Yoongi turned around to go to the living room, but Jungkook grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back.

"What the-"

"Listen up! It's really important!" The russet haired looked Yoongi in the eyes fiercely. "You can't tell Jin why you are here or what we are."

"That we are hitmans?"

"Psst! Yes, that! He cannot know."

"Why? I thought he knows it already. Once he is your old childhood friend he deserves to know the truth."

"Nononono! He can't know it! I'll tell you later, but not now. Now let's head back to the living room before he suspects anything."

"Okay okay." Jungkook let Yoongi go, who turned around to go to the living room.

"And lastly..." started Kook as he was walking next to the smaller boy. "Not even a word about Jimin!"

They stepped into the living room, getting to see Jin walking around, looking at the house. "What a cozy house it still is. It hasn't changed since I've last been here." Jin was smiling with old memories invading his head. He stepped in front of an old picture of Jungkook and his parents which made him smile but at the same time sadness engulfed him inside. "You remember when we wanted to see a film we were too young for but your dad managed to sneak us into the cinema?" He laughed.

Jungkook laughed at the memory as well. "I still don't get why he did that. He knew we were too young."

"We eventually freaked out of it, right!"

"Yeah." Jungkook's smile became even wider. "I think he wanted us never to watch a film we are not old enough for."

"He succeeded." Jin laughed.

"He surely did." The tone of Jungkook's voice suggested that he was utterly sad by the remembering of the old days and the mood son got depressing.

"So!" Yoongi clapped his hands, for which both Jin and Jungkook lifted their heads up. "Jin do you want some coffee?"

Jin smiled at Yoongi by how he brought them both back from their bad memories. "Yes. I would be pleased to have some."

The two old friends sat down to the couch and had some nice chat they haven't had for years. Then the younger one noticed the suitcase again beside his friend.

"Am I the first one you visited in Korea?"

"Why do you ask?" Jin was confused, then Jungkook pointed with his chin towards his ash pink suitcase. "Oh! Well, no. I already visited mom and dad."

"Why did you bring your suitcase with you then?" asked Jungkook interested.

"Well..."

"Your coffee is done Jin." Yoongi entered with a steamy coffee in his hands, placing it onto the coffee table in front of Jin.

"Thank you." as Jin smiled, Yoongi sat down comfortably onto the sofa near the couch. Jin took a sip from his coffee. "Actually I brought my case with me for a reason. You know, my parents barely have enough space for themselves in their house. But I should stay somewhere so I was wondering if I could stay here for a while."

Jin's eyes looked like a puppy's and of course Jungkook's first reaction was an agreement but before he said anything out loud he thought it all over. He is his friend and he wants to help him, but there isn't any space only on the couch. Moreover, now that he is here the possibility of Jin getting to know the truth about him being a hitman is even higher. Jimin is also here, how will he explain the situation of a boy who cannot go out of his room. He will think, he is a prisoner...even if he basically is. The truth lies everywhere it takes only a small careless movement and Jin will know the secret. Nevertheless Jin can get in danger if he lives with him. They will see them together more and target him. Jungkook doesn't care about Yoongi because he can defend himself, however Jin is something else. Jin and violence... those are two totally different things.

Yoongi turned to Jungkook, just as Jin did. The young one didn't say anything for a while which worried Jin. "I understand if you don't-" started Jin.

"No! Stay! We don't have much space unfortunately, but we will solve this problem for sure."

"Really? Aaah thank you Jk I knew I can count on you." Jin's eyes were shining in happiness.

"But we have a third person with us. Now that you will live with us, a forth." As Yoongi said this sentence the blood froze in Jungkook. He couldn't even move. "His name is Jimin and he lives with us for a while. He had a serious fight with his dad and he ran away to have some thinking."

Yoongi looked cool like a stone while lying into Jin's eyes. It was incredible how easily he lied, even Jungkook couldn't say anything. He was shocked.

"I see and can I see him?"

"Of course I'll go tell him to go down, but first Yoongi could you come out with me into the kitchen a bit? I want you to make me a coffee while I go up, but it's a bit complicated to do."

"Do it yourself then." Yoongi answered for which Jungkook got angry again. They both knew that it's not about coffee, but Yoongi seemingly didn't have any intention to follow Jungkook to the kitchen.

The young boy sighed a big, closing his eyes and forced a smile onto his face. "Don't take it as a question then. Come out with me!"

"Okay okay! ... You and your damn coffee."

In the kitchen, Jungkook turned to Yoongi with an angry expression. "What was it?! Jimin running away from home?"

"Do you have any better idea? Besides it's time for him to come out of that 'hole of yours' and breathe some air different than your room's. I get it that you don't want him to flee but come on! Does he really seem like someone ready to sneak home? He is so helpless."

"Do you really think he won't flee now that Jin will be here?"

"Got any better ideas? You are the one who wanted it so badly not to tell Jin the truth and after you agree on him, staying here do you really expect things to turn out smoothly?!"

"I would have taken care of things even without you."

"Oooh I bet that! But whatever, there's no turning back. Just let that damn poor boy come down once in a while. I'm surprised he is so quiet in there. If I were him, I would scream even my lungs out. Or kick out the door. That is a lot easier though."

The russet haired boy headed upstairs stomping loudly on the stairs. He rushed into his room seeing Jimin lying on the bed with his back facing towards the door. Jungkook came in like an elephant with noisy steps, but now that he saw Jimin sleeping he closed the door carefully slow. He stepped next to the other side of the bed and sat down.

Jimin was sleeping in a ball-like position and snuffed quietly. He looked like an innocent angel with his blonde hair. His hair was messy from sleeping which made him even cuter. How can someone hurt an angel like him? As Jungkook thought about Chi Won, anger appeared in him, but looking back at Jimin he got lost and his brain emptied. Maybe I was too tough on him. The young boy leaned closer to Jimin on the bed and looked him through. I'm sorry. The next moment Jimin shook from the cold attacking him. Jungkook grabbed the quilt on Jimin and pulled up until it covered even Jimin's throat. A smile appeared on Jungkook's face in which he felt like drowning. Everything seemed pink, like all the problems are solved.

But the next moment Jungkook was dragged out of his dream-like experience. He quickly leaned back and stood up from the bed. What am I doing? Gosh Jeon Jungkook what happened to you? he hit himself on the cheeks, then looked back on Jimin. Gosh Jungkook, you surely lost your mind. I knew this time would come sometime that my sanity will be gone.

 


 

Taehyung was worried. A lot more worried than probably ever before. He sent Jimin dozens of messages and called him hundreds of times. He hasn't seen him in the school either so with every passing minute he became more nervous. Where are you Jimin? What is happening to you? It was enough for him. He waited more than enough. So, he headed to Chi Won's house.

In front of the door he stopped for a few seconds to get ready for anything. He has never ever been in this house. Jimin always told him to avoid their house, because it may be dangerous for him. He is always chased and he didn't want Taehyung to experience the same just because he was seen at their house. Tae knew that Jimin was right and he also knew that it's risky to go inside. But his worry towards his friend was a lot bigger than his fear, therefore after having a big sigh he finally knocked on the door. He just realized, what if it's Chi Won opening the door. He probably wouldn't do anything bad with him but he doesn't want to meet him. It's better to keep the distance after what he heard from Jimin.

Not long after the knock a clicking voice was audible and the door slowly opened. At the door thresholds stood a familiar face. "Taehyung?" Hobi seemed really surprised.

"Hi. I came to meet Jimin. I am worried about that stupid and he doesn't contact me. What's with him?!"

"Look." started Hobi hesitantly about what to say. "Jimin is badly ill at the moment. So ill that he can't even grab his phone. He probably sleeps now up in his room."

"Let me see him then." Taehyung had a feeling that something is not right. "I know what has to be done when he is ill."

"You cannot go up, let him sleep he needs rest! He feels awful."

But the next moment Taehyung stepped into the house and ran besides Hobi. "Taehyung!" He didn't even know where to turn in the hurry. He stopped in the living room and looked around. He heard Hobi's steps behind himself and saw Namjoon reading on the couch with glasses on. By the time Namjoon looked up, Tae already ran upstairs. He hoped to find Jimin's room there. He planned to open all doors but he got to see a little table hung onto one of the doors, with a text written with chalk: Do not enter! With a picture of a mochi next to it. It must be his! Tae sometimes called Jimin a mochi and since then, this name stayed with him.

He opened the door with a swift movement. He almost tripped in his own shoes. He looked around but Jimin wasn't there. He might be in the bathroom. However he soon had to realize it's not the case. This room had a strange vibe. It had a cold feeling, like no one has been living here for days - at least. Jimin...

"Taehyung! I told you not to go up! He has to rest."

"Where is Jimin?" asked Taehyung strictly not even looking at Hobi. He still just looked at the room.

"Probably in the bathroom." Hobi tried to save what can be saved, but failed hardly.

"And you expect me to believe it? Do you think I'm stupid?!"

Hobi seemed helpless. He has never seen Taehyung so pettish.

Now Taehyung looked Hobi finally in the eyes but his eyes were so fierce Hobi tried to avoid it. "Where is Jimin?!"

Soon Hobi heard steps behind himself. Namjoon was calmly walking towards Taehyung and looked him in the eyes. "You have no idea what an irresponsible step it was you made. You shouldn't be here. Haven't Jimin told you-?"

"Yeah he told me but who cares if he is lost? Tell me where he is, right now!"

Hobi looked away angrily with his hands in his pockets, as Namjoon sighed one, then answered. " He was kidnapped."

Tae's eyes opened widely in shock. Everything fell into pieces in him, he couldn't believe his ears. "No way..." he murmured. "Who kidnapped him? And why the hell aren't you doing anything? He is your friend right?!" Taehyung freaked out. "Chi Won is influential, how is it that you don't do anything about it?"

"Calm down Taehyung!" said Hobi "It's not like we haven't tried! He even got punished." He looked at Namjoon, showing that he was talking about him.

Taehyung looked through Namjoon. He didn't even notice because of his anger before, but Namjoon was full of with bruises. The purple haired man tried to cover his bruises on his arm with his sleeves, but he was too late. Taehyung already saw them and even his neck and face was hurt visibly. "What is-"

"I already talked with the man who kidnapped Jimin and we even made a deal. If Chi Won gives himself up, we will get Jimin back."

"Chi Won giving up himself? No way!"

"Yeah." Continued Namjoon. "I did it without his knowing. I planned to get Jimin back with force, without boss needing to go to prison. But when he got to know, he misunderstood it and told me that Jimin is not worth this much. Plus that if they think that he isn't that important to us, eventually they won't be able to do anything with him and Jimin will be free."

"Is he crazy??!!"

"Yeah he totally is, but we can't do anything about it." said Hobi. "And he even made Namjoon get beaten up because he just wanted to save Jimin." The anger was visible both on Hobi and Namjoon as they talked about their boss.

"And who kidnapped Jimin?"

" A hitman called Jeon Jungkook." By Hobi's answer, Taehyung got surprised again. "...say it again!"

"Jeon Jungkook. He is a hitman, who might be around the same age as we are. He has a pretty long story between him and Chi Won."

Taehyung always felt that Jungkook hides something big from him, from the really beginning, but it came like a bolt out of the blue. So he is a hitman. He felt disappointment in himself. He thought they were way better friends than hiding a big secret like this.

He got to remember when Jungkook asked about Jimin like he has no idea who they are talking about. At this he became more angry and worried than before. He hoped that Jungkook won't hurt Jimin. Because after all this he doesn't even know what to expect from him. He was afraid something was going to happen. Something bad, he wants to stop. Jimin is in Jungkook's hands. Who is Jungkook? I don't even know who you are anymore!

 

 

 

Okay so...I'm truly sorry!!! It's been weeks I last updated. I wanna hide somewhere, Im so ashamed... Sorry T-T I promise I'm trying to write faster!