It's only the beginning

[Jikook] For a better life

The leaves falling down from the trees covered the pavement in different colors. The people on the streets wore only a thin jacket as the warm breeze blew through in the whole city of Osaka. Japan was warmer than Korea and the cold seemed to arrive later.

Jin was sitting by his desk with stocks of papers on it. The papers created a skyscraper-like heap in front of the boy, so he was almost unseen to the ones, coming into his office room.

The handsome, charming looking boy had round, thin, black framed glasses on, which perfectly adjusted to his oval shaped face. He wore a plain white shirt with dark blue pants and black shiners. Few strands of his brown hair fell in front of his eyes, covering his dark brown eyes.

A knock was audible on his door and it opened right away. "Excuse me, but you have a visitor. Am I allowed to let her in right now?"

"Yes Aiko, let her in." Jin lifted his head up and closed the document he was writing in, sliding it slightly away from himself.

When the woman entered his office he smiled with the honey smile of his. "Hye Mi, it's nice to see you! What can I help you with?"

"Hi Jin!" Smiled the woman widely. She had long brown hair, and had claret and black blouse and skirt. "Fine. Boss told me to bring you these." She glanced at the thick stock of papers in her arms, then stepped forward and placed even more papers on his friend's desk with a sad smile.

They had been friends for really long. Since Jin came to Japan from Korea years ago and started his career as a low-rate assistant. They met at the agency and their friendship is still as strong as it was in the beginning, even though the age difference between them is so big, Hye Mi could even be Jin's mother.

Hye Mi was in her 40s. 46 to be exact. To Jin's knowing she doesn't has a family nor relatives, just like Jin. Jin had a family, but they were in Korea so he was lonely when he came to Osaka. The two loners found each other pretty fast. With Jin's friendly behavior and Hye Mi's kindness it was inevitable.

Jin's smile faded as he let a big sigh out. "Seriously! Will it even end sometime?" The boy let his head fall down, facing his laps.

"Come, let's have some pause. It will be better." Suggested the elder.

"It will make me no good. I will never finish this at this rate."

The woman started to speak in a sweet voice, like he is talking to a small baby. "Don't be like this!" she pouted. "You cannot do it like this." She said, but seeing how Jin didn't even move an inch, she continued. "I will buy you food!"

Jin's eyes brightened up by the word 'food' and held his head high up. "You said food?" The woman nodded. Different types of meat and vegetables appeared in front of the boy's eyes and he would have started to even drool at the moment. "It's like it's been days I have last eaten." He pouted. "I feel like dying."

"It was like an hour ago you last ate." She chuckled.

"Yes. This one hour feels like weeks." He answered pouting.

 


 

He didn't need much motivating before heading to the company's cafeteria. They took their own trays and got them packed up with food.

Jin was drooling from the scent of the tasty foods around and almost ran to the table where the two ate. Hye Mi couldn't help but smile as his friend was passionately eating his noodles, not even looking up. "I know this may sound crazy, but I have never seen you this hungry before." She said laughing.

"I'm always hungry." He mumbled with noodles in his mouth.

"Gosh." Hye Mi smiled at his friend. "It's like I have a son 24/7."

Jin supped a big and after swallowing the delicious, life saving food he looked at his friend. "By the way...don't you want to have a family? You would be a really good mother." He smiled.

"I don't want one. It's just a burden." She looked away without any smile visible on her face. "I'm not interested in it at the least."

"Well, I don't share you opinion. Family is really important in one's life, but of course it's understandable as well if you don't want one."

After some more minutes of eating and pondering, Hye Mi continued. "Actually...I-I do h-ha-have a family." She mumbled while looking down on the ground.

"You have a family?!" Jin's eyes widened in shock. "Why didn't you tell me earlier? Where are they or what happened to them and-"

"I can't meet them anymore!" The sentence struck Jin so hard he froze. "That's why I don't even want to talk about them. It will be harder then." She forced a smile on her face.
Jin looked really serious and concentrated on the woman. "Why did you tell me now then?"

The woman showed a small smile which was so unstable that it disappeared in a few seconds. "I guess it's such an old story, I already want to get over it by talking about it."

"Good, it's always good to tell your worries to someone! It helps a lot. And I'm always here to help, so open up for me whenever you want." Jin's warm, calming and welcoming smile somehow urged Hye Mi to go deeper into the details.

"My only, last hope left is my son."

"And why can't you meet him?" Asked Jin worried.

"I would only cause trouble. Trouble would arise and I would only make my son suffer. It's better for me to stay put." She started to tear up and her vision got even more and more blurry by time.

"Still, isn't there any way to see your son? I understood that it's risky but I'm pretty sure he misses you too and you surely do. Just one meeting?"

The woman shook his head. "I really cannot do that Jin. I could even get him killed."

K-killed? This word echoed in Jin's head and everything seemed like stopping for a moment and Jin just stared at his friend. "You must be kidding me!"

The woman shook her head again. "It's the truth Jin. This situation is more serious than you could imagine, but I won't tell you more, since I don't want to drag you into it." She looked around, observing the people around themselves, deeply sank into her thoughts. "I'm sorry to bother you with this."

"Don't apologize for something like this, as you friend it's my task to help you!" This sentence made Hye Mi feel a bit better, so a slight smile appeared on his face.

"And what about only observing him? I mean, at least you could see him and know that he is safe and sound."

"No. Unfortunately I cannot do that either. If only I could, but it's too risky. I don't know if I would make him trouble or not, but I won't risk."

Jin smiled sadly looking at his friend as he finally gave up deceiving her. He looked back at his plate, still a few spoons of noodles left. Suddenly he felt like all of his hunger vanished, he couldn't even get himself to eat after hearing all these things.

 


 

Airplanes were flying above. The airport in Osaka was full of people.

Loud noise everywhere. He already hated it, even though it's only been like a few minutes that he is here.

Jin stood in front of the board, showing the arriving and departing planes. He was desperately searching for his and got angrier with every second he couldn't find it.

He plugged out - ripped out - his earphones and stomped with his foot in anger. I can't believe it. Why the heck is nothing shown on the board?

"The 13.41 plane to Seoul is going to depart from the B sector soon. Please check in."

He had no time even for cursing, he rushed to the B sector and there he managed to find his plane.

He was ready to check in when he heard someone screaming his name.
Since it's Japan and not Korea, it's more possible that the calling is addressed to him, and not someone else called Jin. He turned around and got to see his friend.

"Hye Mi!" Jin was surprised by the arrival of his friend. "What are you doing here? Maybe...are you here to another farewell after yesterday?"

Hye Mi didn't say a word, just glanced over to her legs. Jin then got to see a huge case beside her. "Are you going somewhere too?"

She nodded smiling. "Yes, I'm going to go away for a while."

"Why haven't you told me before? I'm really offended now." Jin pouted.

"Sorry but this decision came as a surprise even for me." She looked down and the corner of her lips turned down a bit.

"And? Your destination?" Asked Jin.

Hye Mi then, with a mischievous smile stepped over to the checkpoint and gave her ticket to a man.

Jin just stood with widened eyes and watched his friend. "Y-you are coming to Korea?" He pointed towards the entrance of the plane.

Hye Mi just nodded with a smile. Jin stepped forward and checked in too. "What are you going to do there?" he asked.

Hye Mi's smile seemed utterly joyful. "I'm gonna go back to meet my son."

"Back??!"

 


 

Jungkook was sneaking with Yoongi. They were in front of that building, Jungkook couldn't reach days ago. He was interrupted by Jimin and Namjoon and had to retreat.

The two boys were stooping behind walls and columns, to assess the situation around. There were several guards at all entrance so they had no choice eventually, but to climb up and go in that way.

"You should have brought a hat!" Jungkook was pointing with his chin onto the other's hair, which was remarkably vivid. "What's wrong with it?! It's not like it will attract them." Yoongi pointed at his own hair.

As they were trying to hide, Jungkook leaned forward to the edge of the rooftop to have a look at the guards. Yoongi already started to climb into the building through the window, when the younger one recognized a familiar person walking underneath. The boy had blonde hair, assisted by two other gang members, one of which had orangish hair.

Jimin was walking in the front and behind him was Jhope with another man of Chi Won's. All of them seemed quite serious, mostly the one at the front. He had the same face he had had several nights before. His eye smiles were nowhere to be seen. The corner of the mouth of his, curved down.

Jungkook turned around wanting to grab Yoongi by his hoodie but he already climbed in. After taking a glance at the boys he started to climb in as well. He was already half in, but some inexplicable mysterious power urged him to take a last look at Jimin.

That's when their eyes met.

Jimin stopped as he noticed Jungkook, and the same happened backwards. Jhope almost bumped into his friend, then soon followed the other's gaze.

Jhope immediately rushed into the building, screaming and tossing the guards in his way away.

The other followed him, but Jimin still just stood there as he felt like his eyes intertwined with Jungkook's, but the younger was pulled in by his wrist. "Come!" said Yoongi and they started to run.

They were already discovered so there was only two option for them. First, they could try to flee or second, they could still do what they came here for.

Even without a discussion, both of them chose the same.

Yoongi was running at the front, followed by Jungkook always looking around. "Run faster, could you?!"

"Shut up I need to think!" the elder replied while running. Their breaths were heavy but they couldn't stop as they heard loud screams and steps on the corridors, crossed. "It might be this room." Yoongi stopped and opened the door with a definite move. "Let's give it a try."

As they stepped into the room they arrived at a spacious room, furnished with modern and stylish furniture. A table was placed at the center. A man with black hair and defined jawline was leaning against it, while the other with a purplish hair read a book by the sofa.

They both looked up at them. Namjoon, with a fast move jumped in front of his boss and took his knife out. "Who are you?!" he yelled.

"Haven't you had enough of chasing me? From whichever gang you are from, just admit. You have no chance!"

Chi Won was smiling and he seemed the least worried in the whole room.

Jungkook never really got this close to him. He already started to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

However it was nothing but mirage.

The door precipitated and the orangish haired boy appeared from before, followed by a light brown haired, and finally, with a blonde haired.

"Boss!"

"Dad!"

Both Jhope and Jimin screamed at the sudden surprise of finding the two boys at Chi Won's room.

"See? You should have brought a hat as I told you!"

"Shut up, will you Jungkook?!"

Jhope - as a loving older brother would do - grabbed Jimin by the wrist and pulled him behind himself. "Run away when I tell you to." Jhope's whisper was heard for Jimin.

"Like it was my fault. It was you who was seen while climbing in." Yoongi continued.

"I won't go anywhere!" insisted Jimin whispering back.

"Just go!" the elder whisper yelled as his grip tightened around his friend's waist.

"But dad!"

"Just go! For God's sake!" Jimin got yelled at by Namjoon, still standing between his father and the two invaders.

Yoongi's eyes stopped at Jimin and he measured the features of the boy in details and got drown in them. Jimin was slender, but still muscular. Not as much as Jungkook, but still! The small boy's blonde hair got messy from running and his skin was shiny from the sweat. His eyes, nose and lips were perfectly shaped, so he seemed like an angel.

But his act suggested otherwise.

He didn't stand behind his friend like a shy, feared boy ready to run away anytime soon. He bit his lips and clenched his fists, ready to act. His eyes were full of with anger, while he was looking around.

Yoongi felt warm. So warm, he wanted to take his jacket off. There were butterflies in his stomach. He felt like smiling at a situation like this.

He got confused.

Then, Jimin's eyes stopped, observing something, which made the boy's eyes clear and anger seemed to be gone.

Yoongi followed it's route and stopped as well. His feelings changed. He felt and pushing around his chest by the look of Jungkook in front of him.

He got even more confused.

The russet haired boy turned to Jimin and looked him in the eyes. So you are the one who was here for Tae when he was alone.

From the outside it seemed like they were talking with each other mutely. Yoongi switched his gaze between the two. Something felt strange.

Could he be even more confused?

The next moment, Chi Won was heard ordering the three gang member in the room for an attack. "What are you waiting for?" Unexpectedly his voice was calm and normal. Not even slight worry was audible in his voice.

Jhope pushed his friend backwards hardly and headed with a knife towards Yoongi, while Namjoon left his boss's guarding behind and did the same as his friend, targeting Jungkook. Yoongi evaded the attack, but almost got stabbed the next second. Jhope acted like he was ready to stab him again, but then Yoongi was not ready for the kick he got. He fell back meters, hitting the bookshelf with his back, so a few book fell down, giving a loud noise on the ground. The boy in front of him was now ready to kick him with a grin on his face.

Jungkook was attacked with a knife as well. He swiftly turned around, but got a wide cut on his arm, which started bleeding. The knife cut through even his thick layer of clothes. The blood started to drip down on his arm under his coat, which was even visible from the outside as it painted it red.

Jimin hissed by the vision of blood.

Next to Yoongi there was a book lying on the ground. He took it up and kicked back at Jhope, then kneed up and hit with the book on the boy's knife, which fell out from his grip. The orangish haired boy managed to fend off the attack of the other. "You surely are an appropriate enemy." grinned Jhope.

Jungkook moved further as if nothing happened and revealed his own weapon as well. He was standing beside Namjoon pushing a pistol onto his temple. "Nice to see you again." said Jungkook. The purple haired boy didn't expect a gun from the enemy.

The little but brave Jimin then made a strike at Jungkook's gun. It didn't fall out from his hand, but it surely gave Namjoon enough time to evade a shot.

Jungkook turned back and faced Jimin, pointing his gun at him.

He froze for a moment. His eyes widened almost invisible and his mouth opened as he looked into Jimin's eyes.

"Jimin!!" Both Namjoon and Jhope - who was able to take his knife up from the ground - started to run towards Jimin, while Chi Won only observed the happenings from a reasonable distance.

From the boys running, Jungkook stepped back and now aimed at Jhope who stopped only at a few centimeters away from the gun, pointing at his forehead. "I think red hair would be a lot more suitable for you. Shall I paint it for you?" he pushed his gun directly onto the other's forehead.

Jimin and Namjoon were both ready to do something about the situation, but Jimin was pushed back again by his friend.

Namjoon pushed his knife at Jungkook's throat. "Don't you dare." the elder said. However at the same time, Yoongi ducked through underneath his ally's arm and pushed his own knife onto Namjoon's throat, which was then followed by Jhope doing the same to Yoongi.

A circle was created by the four boys.

Each of them ready to kill the other, but having a huge chance on getting killed as well.

Jimin had no idea what to do. He had no weapon nor something he could use as one. Also, there was a high possibility of him killing someone with his meddling.

"What do you want?" asked Jhope not even glancing at the gun on his forehead, trying to show confidence.

Jungkook was the one to answer. "We are not here to kill."

"Aren't we!" Yoongi interjaculated.

"No, unless you do what we ask you to do Chi Won. Go back to prison and no one will die."

The old man just laughed and laughed, giving off a worrisome aura. "Do you really think you are in a position of threatening me like this?" he grinned.

Jungkook grinned back, while still looking in Jhope's eyes, who got confused by the other's look and frowned his brows.

With his free arm, he quickly reached under his coat and got out another pistol, arming it, then pointing at Chi Won. "Check!" said Jungkook with a wide grin appearing on his face.

He then felt something cold on the back of his head and heard a clacking voice.

It was a gun pointing at him. "Mate!" said the person behind him.

Jungkook looked towards the door. Jimin was still standing there, so it couldn't be him standing behind him. "It's not only you, having a gun." He soon realized there was a third gang member he had forgotten about.

Jungkook's grin disappeared. It seemed like they lost.

But nothing was over yet.

The young hitman turned to Yoongi. "Eighteen."

Yoongi then sighed. "Is it a must?" he asked back.

The five other around them got confused. One of them frowned his brows, while the other widened his eyes.

"Seven then?!" asked Jungkook, while he started to get angry at Yoongi even more than ever because of his attitude.

"I'm not in the mood for that either." Yoongi answered like he is bored.

The most confused among the others was probably Jimin, whose eyes widened and had a feeling like he is just witnessing a comedy part of a film. Those two were talking calmly with guns and knife on their neck and head, surrounded by more than twice more enemies. There arguing was kind of funny but no one laughed as it didn't fit to the situation.

"Stop arguing me and let it be seven you as*hole!"

By the screaming of Jungkook, everything froze for a moment.

The next second both Jungkook and Yoongi moved away from the weapons.

Yoongi and Jungkook, as they are hitmans, had a secret code between each other, used as numbers. Seven meant a tactic, that the one, offering the number to the other tries to hold the enemies back, while the other flees.

The two boys did so. Yoongi's task was to capture Jimin and to get out of the building with him, while Jungkook holds the others back, however it was not that easy.

Jungkook crouched down, but by the sudden move of his, the man behind him used his gun. He missed the shot, but the bullet flying swiftly next to Jungkook's ear, made the boy's ear deaf for a while.

Jungkook raised his hands onto his right ear and felt dizzy. It was a few inches away, that he lost his balance and fell.

Yoongi aggressively grabbed Jimin by his wrist and started to take him out of the building, but he couldn't even pull him out to the corridor properly. Jimin was a lot stronger than he had thought he was. He pulled another on Jimin with an even tighter grip because of which, Jimin hissed.

Jimin felt huge pain by the tight grip on him and tried to get his hand out somehow.

When Yoongi realized Jimin's pain he let his grip loosening. He didn't want to hurt him.

Jimin was smart enough. He figured out that he has an opportunity to free his arm from Yoongi so he did.

Jimin started to run towards his father to grab him and let him escape from this mess. He started to run through the room. "Dad!" he screamed. "Do something! Get out of here, please! It's dangerous for you."

Jungkook was hit several times by the others at the center of the room. He managed to knock out the man with the gun, but Namjoon and Hobi seemed to be stronger, so the young hitman raised his hands, with one-one gun in them, pointing at the two friend. But the next moment he saw Jimin running towards his dad.

"Let's switch!" Jungkook yelled to Yoongi.

You were so good to Tae. He took one gun back under his coat, while with the other he stepped ahead Jimin, who halted by the sudden surprise of the younger, with widened eyes.

Thank you. Thought Jungkook as he grabbed Jimin and clutched him to himself with a gun pushed to his temple.

Jhope, Namjoon, Chi Won and even Yoongi froze by this act. The two friends were so shocked, they could do nothing. They were feared to death, they may do something to Jimin and get him killed.

Because killing is easy...living is, what is hard.

Thank you and... It could have been only a few inches of move from Jungkook and their friend would collapse in front of them, bleeding from his head. And they...they would be able to do nothing.

"Stop, it's enough!" "Stop it please!" Both Namjoon and Jhope were shocked and were begging for Jimin. "What do you want?" Asked the purple haired worriedly.

Jungkook turned with Jimin towards Chi Won then. "Go back to where you belong."

"I'm really sorry, I have no intention to go back to prison." Chi Won was smiling giving off a fake friendly smile. Like he is talking to a small kid.

"I meant hell, but whatever." answered Jungkook. "Your son could die any moment, yet you are doing nothing?" as he looked into Chi Won's eyes, he got scared. His looks gave him the creeps.

I'm also...

While everyone seemed to forget about Yoongi, he sneaked behind Nam and Jhope, then hit their head so hard, they collapsed right away, losing their consciousness. "Jungkook, come!" yelled Yoongi.

Jimin squirmed in Jungkook's arm, trying to escape, but it was no use.

I'm also... truly sorry. Jimin felt a fabric covering his nose and mouth and soon everything became blurry before the pitch black darkness came.