Hope until the very end

[Jikook] For a better life

Jimin slowly started to gain consciousness. He felt awful, lying in an obnoxious position. Under him there was something soft. As he tried to turn over on his other side, he felt as a tender fabric slid on his bare arms.

He opened his eyes slightly, seeing he is lying in a bed. It was comfortable now so he cuddled more into the pillow.

Jimin then started to think. What day is it? Is there school today? What happened yesterday? Pictures of yesterday appeared in his head, from the meeting with the two men, through the knife-gun fight until him, being grabbed tightly by one of them.

His eyes opened widely in recognition.

He sat up in his bed...it wasn't even his room. He was sleeping in someone else's room, in someone else's bed. He looked at the bedding. It was the opposite of his. Jimin's beddings were always bright, but this was dark. The room was really big. There were two doors, several holdings and cabinets in the room.

He jumped up from the bed, looking through himself from top to bottom. He still had his clothes from yesterday, however this time they were all wrinkled from sleeping in them.
He went to a window and tried to open it, however it was stuck. The little boy was looking for options to flee somehow.

Then, the next moment he hopped back from the surprise, when he turned around and got to see a turquoise haired boy leaning onto the wall. His gaze didn't seem to wander away from the blonde boy. "It's pointless. You won't be able to open it." Yoongi said still looking into the eyes of the other. "Come down, have breakfast. You must be hungry by now." the boy stepped aside, heading to the door, but was stopped by their 'prisoner'.

"Where am I?" Asked Jimin. He didn't seem like someone, willing to do as he is told to.

Jimin remembered the boy standing in front of himself. He was the one who grabbed his wrist and wanted to pull away. The one, beside the russet haired from before.

Yoongi sighed one. "Don't worry, you are safe here. No one will disturb you."

"Call the leader here!" Jimin was angry, which was perfectly visible on his features. His lips were facing downwards, he frowned, also his eyes were nothing like a crescent as wrath was visible in them.

"Are you even talking with or to me?" Jimin was just saying his own wants, obviously not even caring about the boy in front of him, therefore Yoongi expressed his displeasure.

Jimin repeated himself. "Call the leader here! I want to talk to him."

"Okay, okay." Yoongi waved his hands, as he turned around and opened the door. "Pff...leader hah?" he said after closing the door behind himself. "What a joke." he walked past the corridor, down the stairs and stepped ahead Jungkook.

"What's up with him? Still sleeping?" asked the younger.

Yoongi shook his head. "He wants to see you."

"Me?" Jungkook pointed at himself surprised, then the other nodded.

 


 

Jimin was walking back and forth nervously in the room, when the russet haired boy stepped into the bedroom. The blonde boy looked confused and his reaction on the arrival of Kook was written on his face. When he called for the boss, he didn't expect him"You asked for the leader." he looked through himself, then back at the boy. "Here I am."

Jimin was seemingly surprised by this fact. "Are you really...the leader of this gang?"

"Well-" started Jungkook. "I wouldn't call ourselves a gang, but yeah. Let's assume that."

"What is your name? I've never seen you before. Which gang's leader are you?"

"Why do you even care? Does it help you in any way?" Jungkook sighed. "But if you really want to know anything, I'm a hitman."

Jimin' eyes widened. "Hitman?" The puzzle pieces connected now. "So that's why you are after dad. And the other?" he pointed towards the door, referring to Yoongi.

"He's one as well."

Jimin looked away, and started to walk back and forth again, rubbing the back of his head. After some thinking, he stopped, turning to the young hitman.

"Tell me then! Why am I here?!"

"Because of your dad."

"You want my dad, not me. So just let me go." insisted Jimin.

"Do you think it's that easy?" Jungkook looked into Jimin's eyes in a similar way as he did when they last saw him from the rooftop. "Look, I don't really care about you at all, but I brought you here with a reason." Jungkook started his next sentence with their looks, still intertwined. "Tell me about your dad and you are free."

Jungkook didn't expect a smile from Jimin. His smile was only a small grin for a second but still visibly sad. "No way I'm gonna tell you."

"Believe me, it's the best for everyone."

"Not even in your dreams." The blonde boy's mouth formed a disgusted looking shape.

"Why are you guarding you father so much?"

"He's my dad!"

"Yeah, he is. But can we really call him that when he didn't even move a finger to free you from me?"

"He tried!" Jimin got even more angry. He couldn't stand when someone insulted anyone he loved.

"Oh yeah, sure!" Jungkook's sentence was covered with glaringly obvious sarcasm. "Like he has no power of doing so."

"I'm not gonna tell you what you want!" Jimin still resisted.

"I really don't get what's the point in saving someone even with your life, when he doesn't love you back or even cares about you." Jungkook knew what he was saying. He knew what he was going to hear and he became sure, when he saw the boy standing in front of him starting to tear up.

Jimin looked down at the floor, observing it. He clenched his fists, trying to hold his tears and sips back. "He loves me." he murmured.

Jungkook felt his heart squeezing by the look of the boy. Jimin gave so much love to his dad but got back nothing. He already expected the same answer from the boy, because of the talk with Taehyung "Jimin is thirsty for his father's love."...but he didn't expect himself to feel this bad from the hearing of the small boy's words.

As Jimin was standing in front of Kook, the russet haired got to see another side of the boy. He looked so vulnerable and weak trying to get a hold of his feelings, oppressing them. Jungkook felt an urge to comfort him somehow. As he looked through Jimin the boy looked close to bursting out. With every passing second he hated himself even more and more, regretting what he said. He shouldn't have said something like this, but it was too late. Jimin was already broken. Jungkook was ready to lift a leg of his to comfort him but his feet stopped dead. He couldn't move, therefore he clenched his fists and bit his lips.

He felt like he can finally take his first step, but he froze as Jimin spoke. "I thought of you as a real hero."

Jungkook's eyes widened both in surprise and confusion, and looked up at the smaller boy. Jimin was a few centimeters smaller, so Kook couldn't properly see the blonde's eyes from his hair falling into his eyes. Although he would have been interested about how they may look like now. If wrath was still visible in them. He was hoping to see them turned into crescents again, but when Jimin looked up they were teary and Jungkook could see the pain through the other's eyes.

"After you saved me even twice, I thought you really could be my guardian." Jimin continued. "You seemed like a miracle for me."

As the young hitman understood the words directed towards him a question formed in his head. I saved him? Twice?

"But now...I don't even know what to think of you." Jimin's looks drilled through Jungkook, who felt like drowning. "Why is it good for you?"

"Like I do it because I want to." answered Jungkook.

Jimin didn't say even a word for some seconds, just looked strictly. "Just leave it. If my dad comes after you, only your ashes will be left."

Jungkook's features became softer as he closed his eyes and looked down. "I guess we'll never know that." he whispered to himself inaudible for the other, standing across the room, then he stepped out to the corridor. "I'm sorry." he said in a way that Jimin was able to hear it, but then the russet haired shut the door behind himself, not even waiting for a reply.

 


 

It was already dark outside and raindrops were scrolling down on the outer surface of the window. Pale lights infiltrated into Jungkook's room, which painted different colors onto Jimin's face. He was standing next to the heater, looking out at the window. But the view wasn't that good at all unfortunately. This neighborhood was quiet and calm, however the view was nothing but a narrow street.

The door opened and the russet haired boy entered. Jimin didn't even turn back to check what is going on. He heard footsteps as Jungkook was running around in the room. He heard him going into the bathroom, then later opening his cabinet.

"Hey!" said Jungkook. When Jimin turned to face the other, a shirt was dropped on him, which covered even his eyes. He lifted it up and took a better look. "Take it on with this." The younger threw a pair of pants onto his bed.

Jimin was confused. He couldn't say anything as he didn't even know what to expect. Jungkook walked next to his bed, closer to the door, and sat down. He was ready to sleep. "And where am I going to sleep?" the blonde haired asked with a bleary look on his face.

Jungkook looked up and pointed next to himself with his chin. "Here!"

Jimin's eyes widened. "Next to you?" As the other nodded he thought about the situation. "Aren't you afraid?"

"Of what? You killing me during my sleeping?" said Jungkook. "Make it quick then." he waved with his hands. "Besides, this is the only place you can sleep. Or you could sleep with Yoongi but...well...you have to stay alive , so it's not an option. If you wake him up from his sleep he is surely gonna kill you."

The next moment Jungkook lied down and covered himself with his quilt, showing his back to Jimin. "Don't take too long. I want to sleep." hurried the boy.

Jimin took on his clothes and did the same as Kook. They were both lying under the warm quilt they had and Jimin's heart raced like crazy. The lamps were off and the only light in the room was the moonlight and the light coming from the lonely street lamp through the window. The small blonde haired boy couldn't sleep. He turned from one side to the other continuously with wide eyes. It disturbed him that Jungkook was sleeping next to him.

Later he was starting to get happy, that he seemed to calm down. His heart slowed down good enough that he could close his eyes. However the next moment Jungkook moved away a bit and Jimin remembered again that he is sleeping next to him. He just simply couldn't explain to himself why he was being like this and he turned around again and again.

"Seriously quit it, will you?! Don't move around like a worm is in my bed, or else I will send you down to sleep on the couch." Jimin's face got red and he moved further away from Jungkook after murmuring a small sorry.

Why are you being like this Park Jimin?! Stop it! You should sleep. he tried to calm himself. Everything will be fine from tomorrow. I'm sure that it's my only night here. Dad will come to save me tomorrow.

 


 

Jungkook's ringtone echoed in the room, which woke everyone up. The owner of the phone sipped a last one from his coffee before grabbing his phone and looking at the number on it.

Unknown number.

He picked it up anyway and whispered with a smell of coffee into the phone. "Yes?"

"Jeon Jungkook?" A question was heard from the other side. The voice was familiar, but he wasn't sure about his speculation. "I'm Kim Namjoon. You remember me from a day ago?" His voice was calm but slightly nervous at the same time.

Meanwhile, Yoongi walked down rubbing his eyes. "What the heck is happening here?" He whined. "Your phone is so freaking loud Jeon!"

The younger didn't even care about the other, he just pointed at his phone while listening to Namjoon. "I called you because of Jimin."

"I'll wreck that phone of yours sometime. It's not the first time it woke me up." The turquoise haired continued as he slightly pushed Jungkook away to clear his way to the coffee.

"Yeah. What's with him? Has your boss made a decision finally?" Jungkook was so busy talking with Namjoon, he didn't even notice Yoongi's hand on his side, pushing him away.

"We'd make a deal with you about him!"

"I really can't believe it. What is so important? Your voice is loud." The older in the house hates to be woken up, and if it happens... well...that's an unfortunate day for everyone around him.

Jungkook covered the phone with his hand and turned to the smaller next to him, shouting. "Stop it will you?! It's about him!" He pointed towards Jimin with his chin.

The elder's eyes widened and his hands stopped while scooping from the sugar. "About Jimin?" He whispered back.

"Yeah!" Then the russet haired turned back and let his hand fall off of the phone. "So..." he spoke to Namjoon. "What's the deal?"

Yoongi now seemed to understand the situation, therefore he started to become nervous. He was trying to hear what the other was saying about the little boy, up in Jungkook's room, but he heard nothing.

"Bring Jimin with you at the agreed time, to the agreed place."

"And what do I get?" Asked Jungkook. Yoongi bit his lip as he became even more and more worried.

A sigh was audible from the other side of the phone. "Tell us what you want!"

"You know exactly what I want. Hand Chi Won over to me."

"Unfortunately that's impossible." The answer was heard.

"We have nothing to talk about then. No Chi Won, no Jimin, no deal." Jungkook started to get nervous as well as Yoongi. The younger walked around between the rooms, so the elder decided to lean onto the wall between the kitchen and the living room, so that it will be the easiest from here to listen to him.

What if their plan doesn't work? They will have nothing to do with Jimin then. It's all useless what they have done so far.

The other side was mute for a few seconds, while Namjoon took his time, thinking. "Fine."

Jungkook's look brightened up and a small grin appeared on his face. "I'll send you the details, look forward to it." And with this Namjoon ended the call.

Yoongi was observing Jungkook's face, hoping to get to know the answer faster. The boy's grin said it all. It worked!

 


 

Not even a day has passed, and everything turned upside down again.

Jungkook was in his room with Jimin, both at the other corner. Jungkook was reading while Jimin was looking through the window again at the windy weather condition. "It's your last day here." Jungkook started, still looking at his book. "Shouldn't you thank me for taking such a good care of you?"

Jimin laughed at the other's sentence. "Should I be thankful for locking me up in your room?"

"But you get quality food! Most prisoners get almost nothing." Jungkook looked up at Jimin. He saw only the back of the blonde boy. "And you could sleep with such a handsome man like me myself. It's a really rare opportunity you know." he grinned.

Jimin couldn't help but laugh. "What an egoist you are."

"I'm just saying the truth." answered Jungkook with his mischievous smile.

A familiar voice was audible in the room. Jungkook's ringtone. He stood up and went over to his phone. "Wow. Guess who it is!"

Jimin's look was filled with hope. "Is it Namjoon?" The other nodded and the small boy's eyes brightened up. "Let me talk to him."

"No way! Anyway, you will meet soon."

"Just put up the volume then so that I can hear him."Jungkook sighed a big and answered. "Fine, but don't you dare to say even a word." Then, he picked up the phone. "Namjoon! I was waiting for your call."

"I hope you won't be disappointed then."

Jungkook froze. It wasn't Namjoon. It was someone else. He looked over to the boy standing next to him. Jimin's eyes were wide and it seemed like the corner of his mouth turned upwards. "Are you...Chi Won?"

"Yeah." Jimin couldn't hide his smile now. His father really cared for him. He wanted to get his son back.

"Hi prisoner. Are you preparing for your stay in prison until your very last day?"

Chi Won laughed. "I'm sorry, but I won't go to prison."

"I've told you already. If you don't go back, I won't give you Jimin back."

"So what?" The air froze. Jungkook stood without any moving, with his mouth opened slightly, while Jimin's smile faded.

"What do you mean? Have you changed your mind?"

"I never agreed on this. Namjoon acted without my order, for which he will be punished."

Jungkook laughed. "Seriously! Exactly what does your child mean to you?!!!" Jungkook became angry. It seemed like their plan didn't work, but which angered him the most is how Chi Won acted. How he didn't even care about his son.

"He is my son, so what? Should I always watch his steps? He let himself being dragged away. He was the one at fault there." Jungkook clenched his fists. He was constricting the phone so much, it was close to falling into pieces by the pressure. "He is not that important to me to go into jail."

Jimin looked down, observing his shoes at first but soon his vision started to get blurry. He felt tears appearing in his eyes while his fingernails were digging into his palm as he clenched his fists.

"Is that all? You void our arrangement?"

"Yes. You can keep Jimin if you want." The phone became blunt then and Chi Won hung up.

Jungkook was observing his phone. He didn't dare to look at Jimin now. He imagined how hurt he must have been. He just stood in one position until he heard sobbing sounds from next to him.

When he turned to the blonde haired boy he didn't even see his eyes. They were covered with his strands of hair. He got to see teardrops falling onto the surface as well and the whiteness of Jimin's fists.

Jungkook just stood in front of the other looking at his hands. He had no idea what to do. The sobbing boy didn't even move an inch since the conversation with his dad. He lifted his arm, covering his eyes and the real crying came now.

As the younger was watching Jimin he remembered his past. How badly he was crying when he lost is parents. How can a father be so cruel to his son? His heart ached. It ached so much, he couldn't resist. Jungkook stepped ahead and softly hugged Jimin and pulled him closer. For a moment Jimin winced by the surprising act of the other but soon continued to cry again as he rested his head on the shoulder of the younger. Kook patted the back of Jimin slowly who suffered from the waves of cries.

The russet haired was thinking of different sentences to comfort the other... Your father must have just joked. He loves you right, we know it?! Why do you cry over something like this? Your dad is a real as*hole! ...one was worse than the other. So he just decided to hug the small boy tighter and let his head down next to Jimin's. He heard the sobs better and his quiet whistling voice as he was inhaling.

Only a pale lamp beside the bed and Jungkook's phone illuminated the room, where only Jimin's sobs were audible. The whole house seemed quiet, while not even the wind was audible.

 

 

I'm truly truly sorry for not updating for a while but I had lots of tests and had absolutely no time for writing. SRY again. I have remorse because of it  >< I hope you still remembered what happened last :( But since the holidays are coming up, I think I will have more time for writing ;)