Connections

[Jikook] For a better life

The next morning started pretty awful. Jungkook wanted to turn around in his bed, and decided to oppress his whining, caused by muscle strain. He lied on his back and observed the ceiling, stretching his arms.

I will surely find you! He had been thinking for hours before he decided to wake up as he had seen the clock showing 10 a.m. He must be in school already. His thoughts wandered around the blonde-haired boy. Jimin. He repeated his name in himself, hoping to find a solution this way. Jimin. But nothing came to his mind. You must be the key to Chi Won. He went to his wardrobe and took out a white shirt and simple jeans. Sh*t! He shut the door of his wardrobe. If only that guy wasn't there to save him.

He stepped out of his room with a big sigh. As he arrived downstairs he saw Yoongi sitting by the table, drinking coffee and stopped for a brief moment. He still didn't get used to having to share his house with someone else. Jungkook took place by the table after making himself another coffee.

"Thanks for making me coffee, Hyung." said Jungkook.

"You are welcome."

"You didn't make me one!"

"I'm not your slave." answered Yoongi as he took another sip from his coffee.

"If you live here, you should do this at least."

"Stop it little girl! We already fought over it yesterday remember? I was hoping your menstruation ended by today, but I'm really disappointed now."

"Stop calling me like that!"

"It wasn't me who started it." Yoongi looked up while he calmly took another sip from his coffee.

It was silent for long minutes. Their breaths and sips echoed through the empty house. They didn't even take a glance at each other.

"I'm curious..." started Yoongi and Jungkook looked up from his hands. "About what?"

"Why do you live in such a big place all alone by yourself?"

Jungkook started to think. Why exactly? This house is their parents' since he was born. He have been living there since he is conscious. However, coming to think of it he never ever once thought about moving. He was scared of moving. He lost his parents and now, this is the only thing they left behind. Sometimes he imagines them, still being here.

"Jungkook?" Yoongi brought Jungkook back to reality. "It was my parents'" he answered. "And I fought hard to be able to keep this place while in jail."

"For the memory of your parents?" Jungkook nodded. " I see."

Yoongi felt obnoxious after he palpated a sensitive subject, so he started to think of a better subject to talk about. "You forgot to ask something from me."

Jungkook looked up curiously. "What?"

"If I found something regarding your blonde boy." "You did?" Jungkook's eyes widened, then Yoongi nodded, smiling like he was satisfied with himself.

"Yes. Note everything I say. I'm full of with useful-"

"Just say it finally."

"Aiish you! Stop getting on my nerves. So, I got to know that his full name is Park Jimin. He is the son of Park Chi Won." Jungkook's eyes widened even more. "What did you say? He is his son?" Yoongi nodded. "So that's why he followed me that day." Jungkook was looking in the ether as he recalled every single memory of his.

"I followed you because you followed someone, you shouldn't." The sentence echoed in his mind.

"But there is still something bothering me. If he is his son, he must be a member of his gang as well right? When we were facing each other he didn't seem like someone who would hurt anyone. He rather seemed like someone, using words over violence."

"Yes, well I know some other juicy stuff about him as well, like he hates violence." "Hence he will be no problem for us." interjaculated Jungkook.

"Yes. Also, he isn't involved in his father's doings. I won't say he denies his father, but he isn't involved in anything wrong, which his dad doesn't really remunerate." Jungkook gave a humming voice to let the other know that he understood every piece of information. "Moreover Jimin's one and only friend is Kim Taehyung, his schoolmate. But they mostly meet only in school, because of his dad."

"Kim Taehyung?" asked back the younger one. "Do you know anything about him?"

"Well, not really. I didn't think he would be interesting for us."

"It's okay, I think I already know who exactly he is anyway."

"But you know, it will be pretty hard to reach Jimin. Most of the times he is guarded."

Where were the guards when three men chased Jimin?! Whatever. "Don't worry, I know how to reach Jimin." Yoongi looked at the other sitting in front of him with confusion. "How?" he asked. "Just leave it to me." Jungkook said with a smile. "Anything else?"

"While Chi Won was in jail, he lost many people from his gang. But he is still the biggest leader with the strongest gang and we are only two people. Our chance is not that good, unless we come up with tactics."

"You're right, otherwise we have no chance."

 


 

A man was lying on the ground bleeding, almost unconscious, while the other was held in a strong arm by his collar. His blood was dripping down his face, dropping to the cold ground even from the tip of his fingers.

"I don't get why is everyone so stubborn nowadays." started the orangish-haired guy. "They know they will get beaten up if they don't tell anything. Humans are so stupid sometimes." he was crouching next to a member of another gang.

"Right? So, you!" The purple haired boy told the guy, whom he was holding. "You should tell us where Minjun is."

The other spitted on the other, instead of answering and smiled with blood all over in his mouth. "Namjoon, you know exactly that I won't tell you anything. You can even kill me, I have no intention to do what you want." he then got a punch in his stomach, from which he started to cough and Namjoon let him falling to the floor. He looked over to his attacker, who smiled at him like nothing happened.

"Nice shot Hobi." complimented Namjoon.

The man who was so beaten up, he couldn't even move, managed to turn on his back an looked at the two standing above him. "Jhope! Namjoon! Don't think you won. We are just as strong as you are."

"Ha, nice joke. See you next time Jihoon."

 


 

Namjoon and Jhope, before heading back to their homes they always stopped by their chief's house. They spend there so many time, it always seems like that's their home. They are the two main representatives of Chi Won. The ones, keeping the things in order while Chi Won was away.

As they entered their chef's house they saw a familiar face. His blonde hair was messy and he already changed his uniform to comfortable clothes. When the boy noticed them, he smiled widely and greeted them cheerfully. "Hi guys! How was today?" asked Jimin.

"Just as always, nothing interesting" smiled back Jhope.

"I hope Minjun's people won't disturb you from now on." said Namjoon smiling at Jimin. "We gave them a lesson."

"Already for the nth time." Said Jhope annoyed. "I'm wondering when will they learn their lesson."

"Thank you guys, for saving me. I'm really grateful." Jimin was smiling widely turning his eyes into crescents.

"We will help you of course, our little mochi." Jhope was teasing Jimin as always. He went and pinched Jimin's cheeks like a small baby's. "Stop Hobi, it's tickling" Jimin was laughing as Hobi started to tickle him on his armpits.

As Namjoon watched Hobi tickling the smaller boy and they both laughed happily this house felt like home. Hobi and Namjoon lived together, but their house never seemed so lively as it is here. Even though here, it is just one person more, that one made this house their favorite place to stay.

He didn't even notice but a wide smile appeared on his face.

Then, the next moment both Hobi and Jimin turned their faces in the direction of Namjoon, smiling. "What is it?" asked Nam.

The next moment, a pillow flew onto Namjoon's face and his smile was just washed away, with the pillow falling down. Hobi lifted his hand in front of his mouth, trying to hide a smile and a playful, mischievous smile was visible on Jimin's face. For a moment, everything stood still as the two 'kids' were waiting for the elder's reply.

Gosh, they are like little kids. Namjoon slowly leaned down to pick up the pillow from the floor.

He glared at them, and then his smile came back when he threw the pillow onto the two. But I don't even know what I would do without them.

 


 

Jungkook decided to go out a bit. However this time his destination was not Jimin, but his friend.

"Moreover Jimin's one and only friend is Kim Taehyung, his schoolmateBut they mostly meet only in school, because of his dad."

"Kim Taehyung?

He went to their school and waited for the classes to be over. As expected, after classes Jimin was fast to be gone and Taehyung was left alone.

Taehyung started to walk home with his head down, stepping slowly. Jungkook followed him, with dexterity.

He observed the boy in front of him, searching for that Taehyung he last met years ago, long before he got deeper into the hole of being a hitman. He had mid-brown hair, was tall and slender now. It was really hard to recognize him at first. He started to think whether Yoongi was even right.

But as soon as he got to see the boy's smile he remembered of their past. When they were playing around at the kindergarten and went out to the playground, had fun. Back then Taehyung was a lot smaller than him, even though he was older. He was always jumping around, dancing, running, while having a huge big smile on his face.

Jungkook remembers the time when Taehyung fell down the stairs on the street, from running while looking back at them. After he arrived on the pavement he bursted out crying. He remembers how worried he was that something serious might have happened to his friend. And how terrified he was when he got to see Taehyung crying, holding his ankle between the small hands of his. He rushed there instantly to help him.

"I think I broke my ankle!" he shouted.

Jungkook hurriedly crouched down next to his friend. His hands were shaking so much from the happenings, he couldn't even grab his friend's arm at first to let himself see the hurt ankle.

But the shaking was fast gone as he saw his friend's ankle moving easily. A sigh escaped from his mouth. "It's not broken if you can move it like this, stupid!" then he flicked Taehyung's forehead who stopped crying.

He looked slowly at his own ankle and started to move it even more while little sobs still escaped. "I really can." he said smiling as almost unseen teardrops were still running down his cheeks.

 


 

That energetic Taehyung was now walking in front of him. It was unbeliebubble. His memories came back both about his parents and his ordinary past.

As he was slowly walking behind Taehyung, he tried to gather all his energy to say a word. "Tae?"

The called boy stopped and lifted up his head as he turned around. At first he just nictitated, but then the realization came. "Jungkook!" he said with widened eyes as his wide smile appeared again. "I couldn't even recognize you without your coconut head."

The older went closer to a hug. "It's been a while! How have you been?" Taehyung asked as they started to walk again, this time beside each other.

"Good, thanks." Jungkook smiled. "And you? Your mom and dad?"

Taehyung nodded. "We are all living fine. And what about your par-" Both of them froze at this. "Sorry, I'm really sorry. I forgot it for a brief moment."

"It's okay." Jungkook gave a sad smile. "I hope they are fine, by the way."

" I didn't want to bring up your parents." an apologetic smile appeared on the other's face.

"No, no it's really okay."

Both of them suddenly remembered when Jungkook lost his parents.

Before their deaths the two boy's parents were in a really close friendship, so they often got together.

At the day of the accident, Taehyung's parents got a phone call from the crying Jungkook. Taehyung heard the boy's crying voice over the phone. Everything became blank for a second when the sentence was heard. "M-m-my p-parents...they d-d-died. Help me, please!"

Taehyung remembers it all like it was yesterday. That day was also the day, they drifted apart and lost all possible connections between each other.

Jungkook can recall how much he he wanted to hide his real identity from his friends. They couldn't know he was a hitman and they still don't know up to this day. He knew beforehand, they are gonna avoid and be afraid of him.

Since the death of his parents he avoided Taehyung. His parents always came to his mind and vast pain and depression cornered him. He felt like choking from all the pain and suffering he had back then, anyways.

"Do you-" started Taehyung "Do you remember when we played on the swings, who can go higher but eventually both of us fell down?"

"Of course I do!" answered Jungkook laughing. "I clearly remember your face getting buried in the sand after the fall."

"Right! And I had sand even in my pants later!" Tae was laughing remembering the old days.

"We tried to shake it out but couldn't and eventually gave up."

"Then, mom was shouting at me for bringing sand in the house." The two were laughing hard at the sweet memories they share and wiped their tears of laughter away. It felt so freeing to talk about these things. The meeting of two old friends.

However Jungkook's smile vanished away. "I'm sorry Tae!"

Taehyung looked at his friend. "For what?"

"For not being a good friend. For leaving you alone. I'm sorry. My feelings got over me, but I know that's not an excuse."

Tae pondered for a few seconds, then a small smile appeared on his face. "To be honest, it was really hard for me after both of you left and I was left alone. But soon I got to meet someone who saved me from being alone and we are still best friends until now."

"I see. I am really thankful for him for being next to you. I am glad he could be next to you when I couldn't."

"Yes, Jimin really saved me. He didn't have any friends just like me, so it wasn't that hard for us."

"So his name is Jimin. I hope he is a good friend. Where did you meet him?"

"Well we go to the same school, you know. When I was heading home one day, I saw him being bullied. Some strange looking guys cornered him and I felt the eager in myself to save him. I got beaten up-" he smiled widely. "but it was totally worth it."

"You are quite brave then."

"I am not afraid of guys like this at all." Taehyung said while glancing at the boy next to him. Jungkook looked at his friend and their eyes met for a moment.

"Actually I know of a Jimin. His dad is a gang leader or I don't know. I heard something similar to this. Is it him?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes. His dad is the most notorious around. So anyone who gets close to Jimin always runs away and cuts all connections, because they are afraid of the gang of his dad."

"Aren't you?" asked Jungkook curiously.

"Not at all. I cherish him more than my fear is. But actually, it's not fear, but worry I feel. I am always worried about him."

"Because he is a part of the gang?"

"No, he isn't. He hates violence. His dad is the problem. He sends him on missions which doesn't need violence at all, but he still can get killed. He uses his son's love hunger."

"By love hunger you mean-"

"Jimin is thirsty for his father's love, since he doesn't have a mother anymore. She died."

"It must be hard for him." said Jungkook with obvious empathy in his voice.

So he partly feels what I feel... But at least he has someone on his side.

 

 

Sorry for any mistakes or typos, it's rly late here so...yeah ^^'