Mysterious stranger under the cover of the night

[Jikook] For a better life

Classes were finally over, and Jimin and Taehyung were ready to head home. The sun was shining brightly and Jimin heard birds singing near his school.

Taehyung was crooning next to him as they walked beside each other out to the street in front of their school. The song he was humming was really similar to a song Jimin knew.

Everything seemed so calm. But all these feelings drowned away in a few seconds as the blonde-haired boy saw a member of his father's gang.

"Jimin" said that boy.

The wind blew the gang member's hair and his orangish-brown hair flew in the sky. His warm chocolate brown eyes were smiling as well as his mouth.

Jimin and Taehyung stopped as they heard the boy's calling voice and Taehyung immediately stopped crooning as his cheeks started to form a reddish tone.

"Hobi!" Jimin sounded rather sad than surprised by the appearance of Jhope.

He expected his father's call. It's been a while. he thought. Not like he missed it, but he was a little bit happy as well. For him, the fact that his father still calls after him, meant that he still cared about him.

Jimin saw Taehyung playing with his fingers with his head down as always so he ignored him and turned to Jhope. "Why did my father call again?" he asked trying to sound as disinterested as he could, showing how much he hates these missions.

Taehyung looked up and started to croon the same melody as before while glancing sometime onto Hobi, sometime onto the ground.

"He wants you to deliver a letter yet again, but first you should meet him" said Hobi while smiling.

"But Tae-" Jimin looked at his friend. "Don't worry, it's okay if you go." Taehyung smiled slightly.

"I'm sorry it always turns out like this" apologized Jimin. Most of the times when they could have spent quality time together they were disturbed by Jimin's dad. But fortunately Taehyung always understood the situation and never even once made a complaint about it.

Jimin turned to Jhope "Thanks Hobi for your hard work" then he headed to his dad.

Tae and Hobi was left behind and an awkward situation occurred between the two. Tae stopped crooning and Hobi just stood there drumming with his fingers on the side of his thigh.

Dead silence.

Both thinking about what to do. Tae clenched his fist and gathered some courage to start a conversation.

"So..." suddenly started Hobi "I have some other important business to do. I think I should leave now." Tae's all courage instantly disappeared and closed the mouth of his which already opened a bit for talking. "Yeah, sure. You must have thousands of things to do" said Tae with a fake smile.

Hobi turned around with a slight smile on his face and disappeared at the corner of the street.

 

Just a little bit after Jimin left the other two behind, he realized the melody Taehyung was humming....I need U.

 


 

Jimin was standing in front of an old, crumbly warehouse-like building. He just simply hated the aura of this place and if it was up to him, he would never come here.

As he entered the warehouse he nodded to the men standing guard at the entrance. He went deeper, walked past a corridor, knocked on a dark brown door and entered.

"Yes, who is it?" Asked a man sitting behind a table, not even looking up. "It's me." Said Jimin as he closed the door behind him.

The man stopped writing and looked up. "Ah! Jimin." "I came as soon as I heard you called me."

Jimin was standing straight, with his hands in front of him. "Whatever. You were still pretty slow."

"I'm sorry dad, next time I will try to be faster."

"Good!"

"And what is it you called me for?" Asked Jimin. His dad handed over Jimin a piece of paper. "Take it to Minjun's gang." Jimin's eyes widened. "But dad you kn-"

"Mister!" The door swiftly opened and a purple haired guy stood there. "It's time to go!"

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot". Jimin's dad stood up and rushed out of the room.

"Dad!" Jimin screamed after him. "Not now Jimin!" he screamed back.

The purple haired guy hurried after his leader. "Mister your son must have wanted to tell you something important, based on his expression."

"I know what he wanted to tell me Namjoon. He doesn't want to go to Minjun, because they are chasing him."

Understandable thought Namjoon.

"What a coward son I have..."

 


 

Jimin still stood in his father's room, holding the paper given to him.

He sighed a big and headed out of the room. He was walking on the corridor, while thinking about his mission.

They are surely gonna beat me up. But still...I should do it for my dad, right? He let another sigh out as he stepped out to the street. The cold windy air reached his cheeks, which turned them slightly red. His breath was visible as he exhaled. He barely saw his dad leaving, then turned in the direction of his home.

He had a feeling he just sensed something when he turned around, in the corner of his eye. Jimin turned around once, twice but saw nothing. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

He wanted to head home but saw something again.

Now he saw exactly the man he noticed before. He had black clothes all the way from top to bottom and even had a mask on. Jimin had a strange feeling, like this man has a really worrisome aura. He, on the other hand, didn't even see Jimin and just started to hurriedly walk in the direction of his dad.

His father had several assassin's after him in the last years and now that he sneaked out of the prison, even more were after him.

So Jimin started to follow the man. Now he felt again like his trainings were in use. His walking was like a cat's and he surely could hide every time he was near, getting caught. The man he was following, accelerated his steps and after a while started to run, though Jimin was still sure he didn't get caught.

Jimin followed the man running, jumping over fences and crawling on rooftops. He really felt like a ninja.

The Moon was already up in the sky, shining brightly. Jimin's hair seemed silver in the broad moonlight as the wind blew through it.

He could almost see a part of the man's face, but failed as he made a wrong step and nearly fell on the tiles. The man who would have started to climb down on a ladder from the rooftop, stopped at the sudden sound he heard and looked back in Jimin's direction.

Jimin's heart was beating like crazy. His breathing was heavy, he gulped big while waiting for a perfect time to go after him again.

He managed to hide behind a chimney and stayed there for a while until he heard the man climbing down to the street.

Jimin went to the edge of the rooftop and climbed down as well. He tried to hop down as quietly as he could.

The man stood behind a brick-waled house and leaned to the wall tightly so he could hear more from the conversation going on between Jimin's father and Namjoon.

His dad went into the building they were standing in front of.

Jimin then slowly, quietly sneaked behind the mysterious man before he could have followed him.

The small boy put his hands on the shoulder of the other and wanted to pull him back, however the taller one was quicker. He grabbed Jimin's hand, took it off of him and twisted his arm in a way, Jimin couldn't move even an inch and fell onto his knees. Although Jimin wasn't that easy either. He could get out of the man's grip and tried to push him down on the ground, but the other won over Jimin again. He pushed the blonde-haired boy by his wrist to the brick wall and held there with his whole body on Jimin.

It was really dark so he couldn't see the man's face but taking his silhouette into consideration, created by the pale lights of the street lamps, he guessed he is really muscular and too strong for him to win. The man's biceps was pushed onto Jimin's throat, and he also had a tight grip on Jimin's wrist. He evaded him fleeing this way.

Besides the silhouette of the taller man, Jimin could see his eyes, shining brightly in a dark chocolate-brown color. 

"Who are you?" asked Jimin as he was trying to speak and not to choke with an arm srongly pushed onto his throat.

"Same goes for you!" answered the man.

"Why did you follow Chi Won?" asked Jimin not even caring about the other man's question.

"Aiish! We will go nowhere at this rate if both of us is just asking questions." said the man in a disinterested voice "But we both know who will be the weaker eventually." he smirked as he pushed his arm more onto Jimin's throat.

"I followed you because you followed someone, you shouldn't." said Jimin.

"Shouldn't? What happens if I do?" an even bigger smirk appeared on the man's face.

Jimin didn't answer, just looked directly into his enemy's eyes.

"So you are one of them huh? Nice." he said. "Everything will be easier with you then!"

As the man was slightly laughing, Jimin found an opportunity to escape from the man's grip and tried to flee, but failed again. It's no use. he said to himself as he was grabbed by the wrist and pushed onto the ground. He fell on his .

When he opened his eyes a second later and looked up, he got to see the man standing above-in front of him, with a gun.

The man's russet-colored hair was floating in the weak wind and some pieces of it even covered part of his eyes as he was holding the gun, aiming at Jimin.

What should I do with you? - asked Jungkook with a smirk.