I'll save you

[Jikook] For a better life

Taehyung felt his body burning. He wasn't cold at all, despite the sudden, unbearable cold. The wind strongly attacked his cheeks, but the boy didn't slow down at all. He was angrily running on the streets heading to his destination.

<-------------- back at the house of Chi Won -------------->

Hobi grabbed Taehyung's wrist, holding him back. "You can't go to Jungkook's place! You'll make it even worse. Just stop it. Let us bear with it."

Tae turned to face Hobi. He was determined to get Jimin back, he couldn't wait any longer. "What do you think what are they doing with him right now? I don't know what you are thinking, but I'm sure it's not a golden life he may live now. He needs me, so let me." And with this, Taehyung freed his hands from Hobi's grip and ran away.

"Aish. I don't get why this boy just can't stay still when he is told to." Said Namjoon.

"Jimin is his best friend, of course he is worried about him." Hobi looked at his friend standing beside him. "We would do it for him as well. You did the same...recklessly risking your life for him." No answer was heard regarding this...

<------------------------------->

It's been long long years since Taehyung was last at Jungkook's place. He didn't even know whether he was still living in the same house. He doesn't know what to do if he moved since then. Should have asked Namjoon and Hobi....well not like they would have told me. Because of his anger, Tae couldn't even think properly. The brown haired boy couldn't think beforehand so he just decided to let things flow as they want.

After several more turns he stood in front of the door. In his memories everything was the same. He felt like he travelled back in time. It all stayed like this for years. The small garden before the entrance door. The color of the house, the color of the door. He stepped one forward, while smiling from the reviving memories attacking him. He remembers Jungkook and him arguing over who should eat the last slice of pizza, but eventually Jin ate it before they could say a word. He remembers when it was already habitual for them to meet whenever the two families had something to celebrate and sometimes even Jin's family joined. They laughed, ate together and slowly grew up together. It was funny, yet sad for him to remember how close they got to each other and it freaked him out to think about how he depended on Jungkook and Jin...and both of them left him.

First Jin. He travelled to Japan with his family. When his parents came back, Tae and the others were looking for Jin but he was nowhere to be found. And a little bit later they got to know that Jin stayed in Japan with his grandparents.

Then, Jungkook. Back then Taehyung didn't even realize they were slowly drifting apart. But he sensed more and more that he hides something away. The moment where the thread tore away was when Jungkook's parents died. Since then he didn't answer any calls from Taehyung, nor his messages. It was over. He lost all contacts with him. And Taehyung was left alone. All alone.

Taehyung was standing in front of the door, breathing heavily. Last time he met Jungkook Tae was happy but confused at once. The way his old friend acted was suspiciously strange and positive, which made Taehyung worried. And now that he got to know his big secret, he understood it all. He is a hitman. And somehow he got connected with Jimin. He is still unsure about how this situation occurred and what Jungkook has to do with Jimin, but he won't let anything bad to happen to his beloved friend. He is desperately willing to do anything to save him. Then, with this passionate resolve he knocked hardly on the entrance door.

Yoongi stood up from the couch and went to the window uninterestedly. Nice. Another unknown. He called for Jungkook, who was reading with his round glasses on. A plain black shirt was on him with pants. He shuffled in his slippers to the door of the room next to Yoongi, like a grandpa, with his book in his hands. "By the way I was thinking about whether Jimin might be hungry or not. I haven't seen him in a while. I thought he will always be downstairs but it seems like he feels better in my room." Said Jungkook while heading to the window. When he looked out of the window he stopped and even his mouth stayed open. He wanted to continue what he said but was stopped and all his thoughts flew away by the sight of Taehyung.

He rushed out still shuffling in his slippers and placed his book and glasses onto the kitchen table.

"Seriously! Who are all these people I have no idea about?!" Said Yoongi. "Who is he?"

"An old friend." Answered Jungkook as he hurried to the door and opened it.
His eyes met with Taehyung's and the look on his face gave Jungkook the creeps. "Hi Tae, what's up?" The next moment Jungkook was tossed away by Taehyung. "Tae!" It's the second time today that I enter in a house like this...gosh. If I continue it, it might become a habit. thought Taehyung. He found himself in the living room and almost bumped into Yoongi. Jungkook was fast enough that he jumped in front of Taehyung on the stairs in time. He blocked his way with his arms spread, holding the railings. "What do you think you are doing?!" Said Jungkook looking fiercely into Taehyung's eyes.

Yoongi just observed the happenings still where Tae bumped into him. He felt the air slowly becoming less and less. He didn't have a tactile sense like he was connected to this situation anyhow, still he was nervous.

"Let me go! I know everything! I know what you are and I know that Jimin is here. Let him go!" He tried to move Jungkook , but failed every time. Jungkook was too strong for him. "Jimin!!" Taehyung shouted as loud as he could. "Jimin I'm here to save you!" He faced Jungkook again. "Just let him go, he has nothing to do with Chi Won's doings."

"Tae!" None of them heard the opening sound of Jungkook's room, but the soothing, weak and quiet voice of Jimin was audible for each of them.

Jimin met three pair of eyes directing towards him, one filled with surprise, the other with relief and another one with worry. The blonde haired boy's eyes were all red, his hair was messy and from his posture he seemed tired, weak, deflated and defeated. Like someone who couldn't sleep for days. His red eyes were like someone's crying a lot. Jungkook knew that Jimin was broken from what happened between him and his father and he knew that Jimin was always crying when he thought no one is around. Sometimes when he walked past his door he could hear sniffs from inside. For the first hearing he intended to go inside, to comfort Jimin, but hesitated. He had a strange urge in himself to comfort Jimin always, in every situation. Even when his mouth's corner ly just a bit downwards. Later, he just tried to ignore the voices. He got too close to Jimin...their prisoner. He is nothing but a tool for them now. He should be... Jungkook observed Jimin. Before his dad's call his eyes were always shining. They were full of with colors, they were lively. But now, even though his best friend was here his eyes seemed grey. It had no colors in them.

Taehyung used this brief moment that Jungkook wasn't looking at him and ran through under his arms, up the stairs to his friend. "Jimin!" He said while running and with a small jump he hugged his friend tightly.

Jungkook let his arms down and watched as Jimin hugs his friend back tightly. I hope Tae will help him get through this. Maybe it's better that he is here.

After their hug, Taehyung held Jimin's hand and pulled him with himself. "Let's go away from here!" he wanted to run, but couldn't. Jimin didn't do anything. He just stood in place. "What are you doing?" Jungkook went upstairs while Taehyung searched for other ways to get out. "Let's try a window." he whispered to Jimin and tried to pull him again, but the same situation occurred. Jimin was looking down at the floor without doing anything. "Jimin..." Tae turned to his friend and stepped closer. "What has gotten into you? What's wrong?!"

"Tae I-"

"You seem like someone, wanting to stay here."

"I want to stay here." said Jimin. Tae stepped back one because of the surprise, while Jungkook stopped a few steps behind Jimin, and Yoongi decided to stay downstairs but still eavesdropped.

"What did you say?" Taehyung couldn't believe his ears. He was hoping to have another answer for the second time. But he got confused, hearing the same answer for the second time as well.

"I want to stay here." Jimin looked up from the floor, stopping at Tae's eyes. "I don't want to go back anymore."

Taehyung grabbed the shoulder of his friend and looked him fiercely in the eyes. "Don't tell me you really want to stay here! Why?! You are a captive! Did you forget?!"

Jimin replied in a weak voice. "I don't want to meet dad. Never ever."

Tae had no idea what might have happened, but seconds later had a suspicious one. He let Jimin go, stepped next to him and headed towards Jungkook with an angry look on his face. He grabbed the younger's shirt and almost choked him with it. "What did you tell him?" For Jungkook, Taehyung was always like a little cute puppy, but now he was an agressive looking one who could bite anytime. Even the veins could be visible on his neck and arms, while gripping the shirt even more and more. "Answer me!"

On the inside Jungkook wasn't that calm as he looked on the outside. "I didn't tell him anything."
"Then why is he like this? He used to love his dad so much." Tae pulled Jungkook closer, who didn't do anything just flew with the wind. "What did you tell him that his feelings disappeared like this?!?! I told you, didn't I!! How important his father is for him."
"You get it totally wrong! You will destroy and break him if you continue to support his dad."

"I'm not!" The grip got even tighter.

"You do! And Chi Won is only hurting Jimin, can't you see!"

"You are the one who doesn't get it right!" Every sentence got louder and Taehyung was shouting so much now, Yoongi didn't even have to eavesdrop. He could hear the whole conversation just as if he was standing next to them. "I wanted to save him from hurting! His heart is already broken because of her mother, you exactly know it. I wanted to tell Jimin so much to come live with me, that he shouldn't care about his dad anymore, that he doesn't deserve him, cause he is an as*hole who cannot appreciate his son who would do anything for him." Taehyung was still looking directly in Jungkook's eyes, but he whispered. "Yeah, he is an awful person I know, but every single time I imagined telling him the truth, I saw him crying. He is one of the few people he can count on, don't take it away from him." Then his whispering voice strenghtened again, which formed a shout later. "I knew that he would be like this!" Taehyung pointed towards Jimin. "I used my brain Jeon!! You should have done the same. Look, what you've done!"

"What's the point of making him believe in something untrue which is only hurtig him?!"

"Stop it Jungkook!" Said Taehyung.

"Tae." The small, weak voice of Jimin softened Taehyung's grip on the other. "It wasn't Jungkook."

The brown haired boy turned around to look at Jimin, still holding the younger's shirt in his hand, while Jungkook observed the blonde haired boy again and again as his heart started to ache even more and more. "What?" Taehyung looked back at Jungkook, then Jimin again.
"It was dad himself." The corner of Jimin's lips were facing downwards, but it formed a shape later which told that he was oppressing his feelings. Taehyung let go of Jungkook who, up until now, didn't even notice the loss of breath he had to deal with.

"What did he tell you? Or what did he-" Tae pointed towards Jungkook. "-made him say?!"

"I swear, Jungkook has no connection with this." Jimin grabbed his friend's wrist with a small smile appearing on his face. "We should have a chat inside Taetae. Come."

Jungkook just watched as Taehyung and Jimin went inside his room and with a sigh, he gave up. He went back downstairs with a sigh, while his brain was continously thinking about the happenings.

"So?" Taehyung was looking through the room. He could see a dark blanket covering the bed, with dark furnitures inside the room, which was richly illuminated by the sunlight.
"I won't go home, that's all. You want a reason? I'll give you one." Jimin sat down onto the bed resting his arms on his knees. He was looking down at his hands, while his mind was seemingly wandering about his dad. "Jungkook talked with dad on the phone."

"I knew he has something to do with it!"

"Stop it Taehyung, it really isn't the case. Why are you so uncertain about him?!"
Taehyung was ready to answer with hatred in his voice towards the young hitman, but something just didn't let him release his anger. "Never mind."

"So Nam called Jungkook and I asked him to let me hear their conversation so he did. I heard the conversation going on between them. But the one answering was not Nam. It was dad."

"Wow...unexpected."

"Yeah, but..." Jimin closed his eyes. "He told Jungkook certain things I wish I didn't hear. Or maybe it's better that I know the truth now."

"Jimin." Tae's voice was full of with endless empathy and worry.

"I don't know what to think about it... He said, he doesn't accept the deal and he won't go to jail." Taehyung' eyes widened. "He said I'm not that important. He wouldn't go to jail because of someone like me." The little blonde haired boy tried to oppress his feelings. He thought he already reached the point where he didn't have to cry. Even though, he teared up and small teardrops ran down his face.

As soon as Taehyung got to hear his friend's sipping he sat next to him on the bed and hugged him. "I'm sorry. This is what I wanted to save you from, but it seems like I cannot save you till the end."

"I don't know if it's better now or not, that I know the truth. It's all the same. Or maybe..." Jimin stopped to think a bit. "It's worse now, but will be a lot better later. Right?" He looked at his friend.

Tae nodded with a sad smile on his face and hugged Jimin tighter. "And now? What are you gonna do? Do you really want to stay here and that's it?"

"Yes. I feel good and safe here. I don't know why but it's calming here. I already got used to the guys. Jungkook always wakes up early and he is always really careful not to wake me up as well. Yoongi's first thing in the morning is to make a coffee after he wakes up at nearly midday. And Jin always starts and finishes the day with some of his dad jokes." Jimin laughed, then turned to face Tae. "I really got used to their habits and they don't treat me like a captive here. I mean in the beginning they did, but it all changed. I'm equal with them." Taehyung looked away. "If you, Nam and Hobi were here it would totally feel like we are a family." Jimin smiled sweetly.

"But they are hitmans. You know that right?"

Jimin nodded. "Yeah, so what?" "But you can't be here forever. At least come to my place."

"What for? To cause you trouble? No way. They are hitmans anyway, I don't think I would cause them any trouble."

"But you can get in trouble because of them. Think it over properly a-" insisted Taehyung.

"No! I already thought it over at least a thousand times."

Dead silence followed the last sentence. They were both looking at the floor. The ticking of the clock created an uneasy vibe while the strong wind from before seemed to calm.

"Fine." Answered Taehyung breaking the silence. "Do what you want to."

"Thank you."

"But what should I tell Hobi and Namjoon?" Asked Taehyung.

"Well..." Jimin sighed and looked up, observing the wall. "I want to meet them. But as long as they are staying at dad's place we cannot meet. I will call them later, I just...I didn't have any energy to think about what to tell them. Namjoon was even punished because of me." Jimin clenched his fists and his fingernails dug deep into his palm, causing pain in them. "I don't dare to risk it another time. What if they will get punished again for speaking with me." He scratched the back of his head with his eyes closed.

Don't you see Jimin? Everything is against your staying. "I will tell them that you are fine and they will call you when they have the time. Is it good?" Jimin nodded. "Here. Take my phone for the time being." Taehyung threw his phone onto the bed next to Jimin.
"Oh I forgot to tell you." Jimin dug deep into his pockets and took out his phone from one. "I have mine with me." He shook the phone in his hands.

"Yet you didn't answer my calls?!?" Anger was visible on Taehyung as he questioningly looked at his friend. Jimin gave him an apologetic expression, then Tae sighed. "Whatever. But how is it that you have it? I heard you were taken away. Didn't they take away your phone?"

"They did. But gave me back later. That's what I was telling you. They don't treat me like a prisoner here."

"And what about Jungkook? Did he let you to stay here?"

Jimin remembered that night he talked about it with Jungkook.

<------------------------------->

The lamps were all off and only a small street lamp illuminated the room through the window. Jungkook seemed to be asleep already, but Jimin's eyes were wide open. He was sleeping the whole day so he just couldn't get to sleep.

The next moment Jungkook sat up in the bed and stood up quietly as he always does. He was holding his stomach with his hand and his head with the other.

"Jungkook."

The russet haired boy turned around and saw that Jimin isn't asleep. "Jimin!" He looked really surprised. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I slept too much during the day. What's with you?"

"I- I am thirsty so I was thinking of drinking water." He explained.

" I see." Jimin's answer had a sad tone and he was observing the cieling. He was looking too sad so Jungkook felt like he has to ask something. "Is everything okay? ...okay it was a stupid question."

"No." Jimin smiled sadly. "But it was expectable what happened yesterday. I knew my dad doesn't love me, still I wanted to believe he does."

Jungkook stepped back and sat next to Jimin on the bed, giving a strange voice. "I'm really sorry about what happened. I wish I didn't let you hear the phone."

Jimin sat up in the bed as well. "Jungkook."

"Yeah?"

"I don't want to go home. I'm too afraid to go home. But well, now that dad won't take the deal I don't even have to go home."

Jungkook didn't know what to answer. He was confused. "You don't have to go home then." Jimin looked at Jungkook questioningly. "If your father doesn't go to jail to save his son, fine. But he loses you then. It will be his loss."

"So you are saying that I can stay here?"

"Yes." Jungkook showed his bunny smile to Jimin who couldn't help not to smile.

"Thank you."

"Now I'm going to-" Jungkook seemed like he is in pain. He hissed and held his stomach.

"Jungkook!" Jimin asked worried. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, don't worry I'm just thirsty and hungry. My stomach just won't let me sleep until I eat something so it would be better for me to go now."

"Oh okay."

<------------------------------->

"Yeah he let me stay here." Answered Jimin to Taehyung.

"I see you really don't want to come home. Fine I'll let you, but remember how unwillingly!"

Jimin just smiled. "Thank you."

 


 

Tae later left the house without even greeting the nervous Jungkook and Yoongi downstairs.

"Didn't you say you were friends?" Asked Yoongi pointing at the leaving Taehyung with his chin.

"Yeah." The younger watched as the brown haired boy leaves. "We were. I guess it stays in past tense." He stated sadly.

 


 

A tall man with brown hair and broad shoulders was walking on the streets. The sun almost totally disappeared and everyone was heading home, but not him. Jin was wearing a pink bomber jacket above his white shirt and tight jeans with black sneakers. He was heading to a cafe to meet Hye Mi. They are meeting pretty often, since they are both staying in Korea.
He arrived to a lonely street, where even the shops had no visitors. He thought of the street as a creepy, yet cozy one. On both sides, trees and bushes were planted. However after a time, all the green disappeared and he found himself at a more unfriendly place. The shivering cold reached him and ran through his whole body.

He soon started to hear as if people were talking. He walked closer and could clearly hear those few words they said. Looking to the right he saw a dirty alley with three people. One of them was lying in the mud, and the other two were facing each other. Then, the smaller one hit the taller, who had purplish hair.

However he evaded the attack and striked back. The other on the floor stood up, grabbed a piece of metal and aimed at the purple haired boy. The boy was lucky enough to evade this attack as well, but it partly hit his forehead, which started to bleed.

As Jin saw blood dripping down the man's face, he freaked out. It was too much for him. He hated violence the most, and solved everything rather with speech, than violence. However the purple haired didn't seem like he shares this idea. Within a few hits, both of his enemies were lying on the floor covered in mud and blood, then Namjoon looked up at Jin. The wind made his purple hair fly and now even his eyebrows were clearly visible.
Jin's heart stopped...he was utterly afraid, the man looked straight him in the eyes. Maybe he will beat ME up next?! He walked away and with every passing second he went faster and in the end, almost even ran. He ran past a familiar cafe and stopped. It was the cafe where he was supposed to meet Hye Mi, so he walked back and entered.

The cafe inside had pastel colours all over. Plants were hanging from the cieling and through the huge, big windows, a beautiful scenery of the city could be seen. Jin walked past the tables. At some, teenagers were speaking, laughing loudly, someone had a business meeting and even a family seemed to spend a quality time together there.

"Jin, over here." Hye Mi was waving, smiling. As Jin sat down in front of her he noticed something on the old lady and forgot instantly what happened before. She was bright and her vibe was sparkling. She seemed to be in an amazing shape, her skin was smoother than ever before and her smile... Jin didn't know someone could smile with so many happiness.

The boy smiled only by seeing his friend being this happy. "You look good." He complimented and Hye Mi smiled back with a child's smile.

"Thanks. I'm in a really good mood as you can see."

"Did something happen?" Asked Jin with a smile. "I may risk to say. I've never seen you this happy before."

"Yeah." The woman's smile seemed to vanish for a moment, but came back. "You know why I came here, right!" The boy hummed in agreement. "I got to see my son."
Jin's eyes widened. "Are you serious?!? How?!? Like Seoul is really big, h-how did you know where to find him?"

"Well, he still lives at where I expected him to be. Seems like he just couldn't leave that place behind."

"And could you finally speak with him?"

The woman's smile disappeared this time. "No. I told you, I cannot get in any contact with him. His life depends on it."

"Why changing your mind then? Why did you make up your mind and came here now?" Asked the boy.

"My heart was aching more and more with every passing day, minute, second that I couldn't see my son. I was imagining how he may look like. I was wondering if he can take care of himself. If someone is standing by his side when he has a hard time, if he grew up and eats well, if he is nice and kind just how I taught him to be." Hye Mi smiled sadly and Jin's heart felt like someone just stomped over it. "After talking to you, you gave me so much strenght I decided to at least see him and see how he is. I couldn't do else just hope, that I can find him. Luckily I managed to find him right away. I was watching him what he does, with whom he lives."

"And did you find answers for your questions?"

"Yeah. He grew up well. He became a tall, handsome man who can take care of himself. He is charming like his father was and has the same style as well. My son is kind and nice to others and has friends by his side." He smiled at Jin. "He laughs rarely though. I wish he did it more and hope that he is healthy as well."

Jin's smile reached up to his ears because of the warm feeling in his heart. He was happy that his friend finally seemed truly satisfied and happy. Her smile was true...more than ever before. "I'm truly happy that it all turned out well. If only you could even speak with him."

 


 

Knocking was audible on the door so Hobi stood up to open it. As he was walking towards the entrance every single step of his echoed in the near rooms. No one was at home, not even Namjoon. He grabbed the handle and when opening the door he noticed a tall man standing in front of him, with brown hair and dark brown eyes. "Taehyung." He said confused.

"Hi Hobi. Could we have a talk? It's about Jimin." He looked Jhope in the eyes. "It is really important."

 

 

 

I'm so ashamed for updating such a long time ago. I truly wanna hide somewhere so I don't even dare to write more now...