Safe again?

[Jikook] For a better life

Jungkook felt strange as he was standing in front of his own room, ready to knock. Since Jimin was here, he spent less and less time in his room, because he felt like the blonde boy needs it more.

After knocking, he entered and looked around. Jimin was sitting on the bed and as the other stepped in, he gave off a slight smile. "I wonder why you always knock, when entering your own room."

"I'm attentive. I always keep in mind that I'm not alone anymore."

Jimin couldn't resist smiling at how caring Jungkook was. "Thank you...for everything."

"This sentence feels like a farewell." the younger looked at the other with a confused look on his face.

"No no, I didn't mean that. But-" he stopped and looked at his hands, resting on his thighs. "If I'm bothersome to you, it takes only a word and I'll leave."

"Why do you think you bother us?"

"I know that not a long ago you lived here all alone. And now all of a sudden you have three other boys sharing the house with you."

Jungkook walked closer and as Jimin lifted his head up, they were looking into each other's eyes. "To tell you the truth it's better than before." The younger felt his shy-self appearing and looked elsewhere. "It's a lot more lively this way."

Jimin showed off his angelic smile again. "I see. So you don't want me to leave?"

The blonde boy looked like a small puppy to Jungkook, as he was waiting for the answer. The russet boy thought again everything. He wouldn't have been able to list reasons why, but his answer was a definite: "Yes, I don't want that." Jimin seemed like he astonished from the answer. "Why? Do you want to leave?"

The little boy shook his head, while answering. "No. To be honest I feel really good here."

Jungkook smiled with all his heart. It's rare for Jimin to see him like this. "Your smile is just like your father's." said Jimin, but he started to regret his sentence as soon as the other's smile vanished in surprise. "I'm truly sorry!" he excused himself.

The russet boy sat down on his bed next to Jimin and gazed in front of him. "It's okay. You are not the first to say it." Jimin followed Kook's gaze and stared at the wall as well. "How do you know how my father looked like?"

"Your pictures down the living room and the corridor." Answered the elder, looking at Jungkook. "I was wondering who they could be and not long ago Jin told me about them." The younger turned to face Jimin. "He told me about you two being friends for a long time, before he left Korea and decided to settle down in Japan. However when I asked him, he didn't want to tell me more. He told me to ask you about it, since he doesn't think he has the right to tell it." After finishing his saying, Jimin was staring at the younger as if he was goading him to tell about his parents.

Jungkook understood what Jimin wanted right away, so he sighed big and tried to gather his memories, thinking about where to start. "My parents..." he had to stop at the beginning of his sentence. He felt his heart squeezing by the harrowing memories. "They..." He had to stop yet again. After gathering all his energy with a big sigh he bit his lips. "...died."

It didn't matter how many years have passed, his heart still hurt and it was extraordinarily hard for him to say out loud these words. They died. He still doesn't want to believe it, up to this day and saying it out loud felt like it was real and it all really happened.

"My condolences." Jimin's eyes were facing the wall again.

"It all happened a long time ago. To be honest-" the boy looked at how he played with his own fingers in sadness. "Sometimes it feels like it has been an eternity since then. Many things happened since then and I had to overcome everything alone."

"Didn't you have friends or relatives you could count on?"

The russet haired shook his head. "No. Jin went abroad even before their death and the other friend of mine...well...I pushed him away. And our relatives are all living far from here, some of them even hates me for quitting school."

"What? You quit school? How come?"

"Because of this." Jungkook's small smile gave of such a sad vibe Jimin felt his own heart tightening. "To be the best hitman I can be. I guess you already found out how much I regret this decision by my look." The blonde haired didn't answer just stared at the breakdown of the other.

"My parents opposed this idea of mine at first. They were right, I should have listened to them." Kook elbowed on his thighs and buried his face into his hands. "I wish I could see them again. Just once. I want to tell them this." Jungkook wanted to oppress his feelings, but everything just flew out of him, that someone was sitting next to him. Someone was listening to him, the problems. Someone who seemingly wanted to listen to them. "I want to tell them that I'm trying my best to be that person I used to be before getting to know this cruel side of life." After having a big sigh, the boy continued. "I still remember the day I found my parents lying on the floor, in a puddle of blood. I collapsed and burst out crying."

Jimin could hear as the younger was breathing haltingly and even could see his hands starting to shake. Jungkook felt something warm on his back, moving in a small circle. For some reason he felt his muscled loosening and his breathings becoming even.

Jimin thought, only a small touch is enough to persecute bad feelings. He was right. As he slowly pet Kook's back, he came to think of his own story. "I know what you are feeling now. I know it is hard." Jimin also clenched his fists by the memories. "But believe me, everything will pass. It takes time, but it will be better."

"I cannot stop thinking about it. Everything brings back those memories I long wanted to leave behind."

"You will overcome it."

Kook lifted up is head and turned to face the blonde haired. "How can you be so sure about that?"

"Because I know, that you are strong Jeon Jungkook. It's been a few days, even though I can see how you are doing your best everyday. I don't know what you were like in the past, but I can see the desire to change, in you. I can see you want to change and I'm pretty sure your parents would be able to see the same just by one glance." The russet haired boy felt his vision starting to become blurry as he was tearing up, so before the first drop of tear could flow down his cheeks, he turned his face the other direction. He didn't want Jimin to see him cry. He hated himself being this weak, but because of the memories of the past he couldn't smother his feelings. "I know that you are way stronger than you think. If I could overcome something similar, you can do it as well."

Jimin saw Jungkook wiping away his tears before turning back, asking a question. His eyes were red with a defeated spark in them. "You had to overcome the same? Maybe is it...your mother?"

The smaller nodded. "My mom was killed as well. Not exactly like yours, but similar. The wrongdoings of my dad made her sick. They burdened her. She later ended up at the hospital."

"In other words it was your father who killed your mother..."

The other nodded. "Yes."

"How can you still even be next to your father?"

For some seconds Jimin didn't answer, just gave off a small sorrowful smile and choked a big, oppressing the cracking sensations. "I'm pondering about the same."

The next moments were silent. The chirping of birds were audible as the movement of the curtain painted different patterns on the wall by the light breeze coming through the opened window. Both boys were drowned in their sentiments and felt hard to come back to reality.

"Seems like we both have a same experience behind our back." by the sentence of Jungkook, the small Jimin felt the eager to smile again in sadness.

"Yeah."

"However I wouldn't mind not having this similarity." Jungkook couldn't bare the repressive effect of their past and hoped to make Jimin smile in happiness for just a second. For just a single second. To oust these feelings. "I don't feel that unique now."

Jimin's small laugh broke the aftereffect of the dead silence. "Seriously how can you make me laugh in the middle of a self-destructing remembrance?" said the boy still laughing.

You are just laughing because of misery. thought Jungkook smiling. But at least it's a different smile this time.

"What about a promise?" Asked Jimin looking at Kook.

"What promise?"

The blonde haired held out his pinky finger in front of the other. "Let's promise each other, that from now on we will try to look only ahead and try to forget the past. What do you think?"

"I'm in." Smiled the younger one.

"Pinky promise?" Jimin shook his pinky in the air, and Jungkook intertwined his finger with the other's.

"Pinky promise." After the russet boy's answer both of them was just sitting on the bed, facing each other, showing their beautiful smiles.

 


 

Hobi placed a cup of coffee in front of Taehyung and sat down at the other side of the table. Taehyung nodded as a thanking for the drink and as he placed his hands onto the side of the cups he felt warmth running through his body. The warm feeling and the sweet scent in the air seemed as if the coffee was hugging him softly.

"What did you want to talk about regarding Jimin?" Hobi seemed worried but inside him there was another feeling he deeply wanted to oppress. He was playing with his fingers and whenever Tae looked into his eyes he couldn't keep the contact longer than a few seconds, then broke it.

Tae looked down at his hands with a sad expression. "I met him."

The elder's eyes widened. "And how is he feeling? How do they care about him? Aah please tell me that he is fine." He placed his hand onto his forehead.

"Yeah he is fine." Hobi seemingly relieved. "Thank God!" He replied.

"He is fine on the outside". Seeing Hobi's twisted face Tae continued. "When I was at Jungkook's place he insisted on staying there. He didn't want to come back. That's what he told everyone. But I have a suspicion deep inside him he wants to get out of there."
"Why?!? What in the world happened that he doesn't want to come back!?"

Hobi became even more and more anxious waiting for the other's reply. 'That stupid Jungkook.' He wanted to say, but then remembered what Jimin told him. He saved Jungkook so much...'It's only my own suspicion anyway.' "I guess he is afraid to meet his dad. You know he...he accidentally heard his father talking on the phone with Jungkook."

"They spoke?! Thank God he did something in order to get Jimin back." Hobi felt as if he relieved a bit but by Tae's look he still worried a lot.

"No it's the other way round. He-" Tae stopped for a second just looking at his coffee and realized it has the same colour as the table. Meanwhile the other lifted his hands to scratch the back of his head. "He told Kook to keep Jimin since he won't go to jail because of him."

Hobi's hand stopped. Even his mouth opened because of the surprise and for a minute he couldn't even breathe. "He said his son is not worth that much."

The next moment a huge punch was heard and the table trembled with the coffee on it. Tae looked up from his cup and saw Hobi standing in front of him. He clenched his fists and bit his lips in anger. His heavy breathing told Taehyung that the older one reached his limit now in oppressing his feelings. "How dare he!" Hobi shouted.

Tae hopped up from his chair "Calm down Hobi! Please!"

"How dare he say this!! That poor boy always cared about his dad even though deep inside he knew that-" Hobi's face started to get more and more red by the anger. "Hobi please calm down!" "I'm gonna-" "No you are not gonna! You won't do anything because I won't let you."
Hobi looked Tae in the eyes. "He is your best friend yet you won't do anything?!? We can't let this go. Just imagine how he may be feeling. Someone has to be next to him now."
Tae grabbed the other's sleeves and pulled a bit closer to emphasize the eye contact they share, then started to speak like his motive is to hypnotize Hobi. "And what will you do? Did you plan to just rush in there, grab Jimin and leave? Think this will work?"
What Tae said made sense. Hobi knew that it's all screwed up if he does anything out of anger now. Last time it was me who wanted to stop him. It's funny how it all just switched. Tae felt that Hobi loosened a bit and let go of his sleeves. The older then sat back to the chair and just stared in front of himself, while Tae did the same.

"But you know we still have to do something about it. You cant expect me to stay here."

"That's why I came. I already have a plan as well."


 

Jungkook left, Jin left. Yoongi was left in that big house alone...with Jimin. As he sat down onto the couch he realized something. He hasn't ever had a normal conversation with Jimin. He always got too nervous and shy, suddenly his face felt warm as if he had fever and looking into the mirror he only saw his two tomato-like red circles on his cheeks. He had an eager to change this. To have a conversation. Maybe Jimin will have the wrong idea to think that he is a huge introvert - which was partly true. Okay so I should find him. He stood up, but then stopped. And what should I talk about with him? AIISH. he hit himself on the forehead and fell back onto the couch. Should I ask him about his dad? He probably has enough of that already. He thought for a while but soon the voice of nearby steps woke him up from thinking. Jimin was walking down the stairs and went to the kitchen. Yoongi felt his heart beating faster. He swallowed a big and looked after the blonde haired boy. He could perfectly see into the room from the couch. The younger was pouring coffee into his cup. Since Jimin is here they tried to make it somewhat comfortable for him so he already had his own cup. Yoongi smiled as he thought about it, but then he had to hide his expression fast. Jimin went to the living room and was seemingly surprised to see Yoongi looking at him.

"Yoongi." Said Jimin smiling. "I didn't know you were here." He walked next to Yoongi and his smile became even wider.

"Yeah." The elder tried to force a small smile on himself. What should I tell him now? He played with his fingers and to his luck, Jimin brought up something easy to talk about.

"How are you? We hardly ever speak...almost never."

Yoongi felt so stupid. He thought hard about what to bring up and something so simple, like just simply asking him how he is, didn't come to his mind. "Good."

And there came a few seconds of silence, full of with embarrassment. What should I do? He is looking at me. Yoongi get yourself together! It's not funny what you are doing! He looked away from the small blonde boy, whose smile started to vanish, and thought further. I should ask something from him to keep the conversation going, right? And what should it be?!? Sh*t nothing comes to my mind I cannot believe it. I don't even know what he asked last...oh yeah. "And..." started Yoongi "how are you?"

"Better than yesterday, thank you." Jimin's smile seemed rather sad this time. Yoongi knew exactly what Jimin was talking about with yesterday. He always hears Jin and Jungkook asking him if he is feeling better after he heard his father on the phone. Each and every day his answer is the same, just like now.

Another black hole... thought Yoongi, then he started to look around for something to talk about.

Meanwhile Jimin looked around as well and his eyes stopped at the TV in front of the other in the end. "What were you exactly doing here? The TV is not even on." He pointed at the television, which was turned off.

"Ah yeah. I was just thinking about something."

"You are thinking too much. But I am in the same situation, I know how hard it is not to think about certain things." Yoongi was sitting on the middle of the couch so there weren't much space left on each sides for another person. "What about we watch TV together?" asked Jimin.

"Sure, why not. The remote control is next to the TV." Jimin got the remote and sat next to Yoongi. The turquoise haired was quite small as well, but Jimin was even smaller so he easily fit into that narrow space next to the other. The young boy seemed comfortable while switching the channels, but Yoongi felt his cheeks burning. Jimin was really close...too close. Then, with a sigh he sat a bit further. He finally could inhale normally, while he sadly started to watch TV as well. Seemingly it was only me who was uncomfortable near the other...


 

A beeping sound was audible. Yoongi and Jimin were still sitting on the couch, watching television. As the elder heard his phone on which a message arrived, he stood up to take a look at it. Hmm..unknown number. He opened the message and his eyes widened. He read it again and again: -If you want Chi Won, come to this place. Be sure to come alone.- Yoongi looked at Jimin, who was laughing at a funny scene in the television. He looked so free and happy for the first time after hearing his dad's opinion. He wanted to keep the small boy just like this. Devoid from all the pressures and difficulties.

"Yoongi is everything okay?" Jimin's disquieted look made Yoongi even more certain about his decision. I have to go there. "Yeah, I just realized I have to buy something in the shop. Just stay here comfortably, I'll be back soon." Jimin nodded, then Yoongi headed up to his room.

Inside his room the furniture were the original ones. The brown wooden cupboards, shelves and table were decorated with blue vases and flower pots, with half dead flowers in them. Every time he stepped inside, he thought he should water them, but rarely got to. Yoongi didn't change anything. He didn't even want to, since when he came here he thought his stay will be short and will end soon, but everything turned out to be longer. Chi Won was harder to catch than he anticipated.

He shut the door hurriedly behind him and he he directed his steps towards his wardrobe in which he had a fair amount of weapons to choose from, sitting under his hanging clothes. He changed from his homy clothes into a proper one for a fight. The turquoise boy took out several knives from his wardrobe and tucked them inside his 'secret pockets'. Looking into the mirror he stopped. His expression was nervous, but adamant. He wore a plain white shirt, with black bomber jacket, ripped jeans, shoes and pullover on his hip. However he was still not ready. He stepped in front of the cabinet again and took out two revolvers. I know it's a trap. It definitely is, but still I have to go there. he thought. Lastly, before leaving the house he got hold of cartridges, more than enough. He deserves to be happy finally.


 

"Did we get everything?" Asked Jin, holding a plastic bag full of with food, in his hands.

"Yeah." Jungkook opened his plastic bag and checked if everything was there. "I'm certain." It started to become dark, while Jungkook and Jin were walking on the street. The street lamps slowly all and illuminated the area with their bright light. "But why did you really want to come with me? I know food is your life but I thought you are not into things like going grocery shopping."

Even though it was getting late, the city was still lively and the sound of cars outweighed everything else around. Jin wanted to answer, but couldn't even hear his own thoughts because of the loud noise of a motorcycle. He waited for it to leave, then they directed their steps towards an emptier street, guiding them further away from the capital city's lively centre. "Actually it may sound strange but I wanted to ask you about Jimin."

For a second Kook's heart might have stopped beating - at least he felt like this - from the shock, Jin's question gave him. "What do you want to know?" He tried to answer as calm as he could, despite the fact that he was praying inside him, that Jin won't ask about further details about Jimin's argument with his dad.

"I know he had a fight with his dad and all, but what exactly happened that he stays elsewhere? I mean it must be something pretty serious."

Jungkook took a few seconds to think about his answer, and he ended up at a simple, yet the best possible conclusion. "He didn't tell anyone. Whenever asked, he just stays quiet and brings up something else to talk about. What I recommend you is not to ask him about it. He will sort it out himself."

"Ooh..." Jin let out a sigh and felt sorry for the small boy. "I was hoping to help him somehow."

"Just let him be, I suppose he has enough of his dad now."

"Poor boy. He looked utterly sad. Broken. He reminds me of a friend of mine. She looked like him when talking about the person she had lost."

"Yeah, we can say he lost someone as well."

Jungkook's phone rang in his pocket, and by the time he handed the bag over to his friend and took it out, it stopped. Ah it was a message. He opened it and as he saw the name of the person it was sent from, his heart started to beat faster. "Namjoon". He said out loud.
"What?" Asked back Jin, but got no answer as Jungkook was too busy reading the message. "Jk?"
Come to the following place right now. You can have what you really want. We'll talk bout the details later. - delayed the message. "It's not far." Said Kook. His heartbeat was even faster than before. He thought he won't ever have another opportunity to have Chi Won. He wouldn't have wanted to rot in prison again. "Jin stay here, go home or whatever, okay!?"
And with this Kook rushed away running as fast as he could. However, Jin didn't understand the situation so he ran after his friend with the bags in his hands. Curiosity killed the cat. The elder one was basically not the fastest person in the world when it comes to running, and when comparing to Jungkook he was just like a snail or turtle. The young hitman was used to having to run as fast as he could so there was no way Jin was able to follow him properly.
Kook arrived at the given destination. It was dark and empty with only a few street lights, but it had a strange, uneasy vibe as well. He was breathing fast from running and was looking around. Seems like no one is here yet.

However soon he heard someone breathing heavily louder and louder. As if that person was running towards him. He instantly turned around and got to see a familiar person. "Jin!"
The boy stopped next to his friend and crouched down to have some rest. "How can you run so fast?! Do you go running everyday or what? Seriously, like Usain Bolt." Jin had hardly enough air so he stopped to breathe after almost each word.

"What the hell are you doing here? I told you not to come. Go home!"

"Calm down, so what if I came after you? Who knows in what situation you may entangle in, being all alone. I don't like these streets, it feels like there is always a murderer waiting for me, hiding somewhere in the dark."

"I can protect myself." Insisted Kook.

"Yeah I have no doubt about that. You could always defeat someone, laying only one finger even in the past. That was cool." Jin's face became serious. "But we are not playing now in the school."

"Do you think I would get myself into trouble?" Asked Jungkook with obvious disbelief in his voice.

"Why else would I come after you running with these?!" Jin lifted the plastic bags in both of his hands. "In the past you used to get yourself into trouble as well."

"What are you-"

"Don't even try lying to me! You were always beaten up. You always had bruises all over. And you tried to cover all of them, but don't think I haven't seen them!" Jungkook couldn't say anything. It's obvious he could have seen the bruises he had, but how much does he know?"I don't know what you did and why you did that but I saw you suffer enough. Yesterday as well." Jin pointed at the russet haired's arm. "I hoped you gave up with this attitude of yours by now but seems like I was wrong." The younger looked at his arm. He already wanted to quit using violence and now he is covered with blood and bandages all over again. He remembered, that this was what he wanted to give up. "You know how much I hate violence. So I feel like I have to be honest with you now. At first when I saw you suffering I wanted to just leave. I was like: I'm going to go to my parent's house or even a hotel if necessary." Kook looked at the elder with sadness in his eyes. "But you know what I did? I gathered all my courage and stayed there. To save you."

"Save me?"

"Yes. I won't let you get into trouble again."

"I'm sorry to inform you, but that won't work this time." A familiar voice echoed on the streets. Both Jin and Jungkook started to search for the owner of the voice, and the young hitman even placed his hand under his jacket to have his knife in a reachable distance. A shadow appeared on the ground and later a man stepped out of the shadow and the street lamp illuminated his purplish hair as if it was glowing. "I knew you would come Jeon Jungkook."

Namjoon was looking into Kook's eyes, however the boy turned to his friend instead and fiercely commanded him. "Go now!! Don't even wait for me just run."

"But Ju-"

"Don't even try to argue with me idiot!! Can't you see I'm trying to save you now from trouble!?!? Run!" He beckoned with his hands, with his heartbeat fastening. "Jin!"

As he was told to, Jin stepped one behind and even turned around to flee, however two men appeared in front of him. "No one goes nowhere." Said the taller one of them.

As the russet boy looked back at the men he cursed in himself, for realizing what he had done. Sh*t! It was a trap. Then, two other appeared next to them and they were cornered with enemies from each side. There is no way now to flee, besides violence. He looked at his friend, clenching his fists in anger. I was so into putting Chi Won behind bars that I didn't even realize that it could be a trap.

Jin turned to face his friend. "Jungkook what is happening here?" He asked quizzically with obvious worry in his voice. "Who are these men?"

"My name is Kim Namjoon, the leader here. Seems like your great friend just made your life a bit more interesting than you would have expected it." Namjoon then looked at the broad shouldered brown haired Jin and recognition flew through his mind. He recognized him. They have met before. Which made Nam confused the most is his feeling. He had no idea why he suddenly got worried. Seems like he is on the enemy's side. thought Namjoon.

"What are you talking about?" Jin got frightened as the enemy was looking at him, then he recognized Namjoon as well. That man, that night... he thought in himself. The memories of that night came back in a split second and attacked him like crazy. He remembered how afraid he was and how fast he wanted to get out of there. He remembered the vision of blood flowing on the ground, while the purplish haired boy beat the soul out of the two with only a few punches. And finally, the way he looked at him as well, when their eyes met...he thought he was going to die.

As he came back to the present even in mind, he started to go astern and after a few steps he felt a hand grabbing his shoulder tight. "I told you not to go anywhere, remember." Said the same taller man from before, grinning at Jin.

Jungkook didn't hold back anymore. He couldn't just watch someone laying a finger on his friend. "Let him go!" He kicked the man on the knee, who dropped from the hit. "You son of a-" the man shouted because of his pain and fell onto the ground.

"I'm gonna kill you little jerk, what do you think what are you doing to him?!" The man next to the taller one was a blonde haired in face mask, whose eyes saw stars seeing the other shouting from pain.

He tried to hit Jungkook, who evaded the attack and grabbed Jin's wrist to pull him behind himself. "Stay behind me, I'll protect you." Jin huddled himself up to be less reachable, while continuously asking himself how he got into this situation.

Nam was glaring at Jin. I should care about only the task to keep Jungkook here. I hope Hobi succeeds with that turquoise haired as well. Then, the leader looked at Jungkook, whose eyes met with his. "Attack him!" He ordered.


 

Yoongi was walking on the street with cat-like facile steps. His light body made it easy for him to be almost inaudible when walking. It was already dark which made seeing harder.
Okay so I'm here. He stopped in front of a store-house and looked around. The alert hitman got to see a familiar man sitting on a barrel, girdled with several other in ripped jeans and black outfits. The man on the barrel looked up from it's phone and saw Yoongi standing at the end of the street. He stood up and walked towards the other, as the others followed. He stopped under a street lamp and lifted his arm to point at the turquoise haired boy. "You know what to do." He ordered.

As the three men ran towards him he took a last look at their leader. Orange hair...it's that bastard again.

The man closest to Yoongi prepared to use a knife, however with a light movement the turquoise haired took out his gun and aimed it at the one running. He was not afraid one bit by the vision of the gun, which Yoongi found strange, but ignored. He shot, but at the same time someone grabbed him from behind and the bullet was shot into the air. The young hitman fell on the ground and hit his head hard into the cold concrete. Two man from above wanted to kick him, natheless he could roll over in time, crouch up and shoot one of the man. A dark brown haired had a gun as well and aimed at Yoongi, but the turquoise haired was faster and shot him at the elbow, from which the attacker collapsed in pain. It took several more trying for the hitman to shoot another man on his leg.

Yoongi aimed at the third, while the forth picked up a knife from the ground, his mate might have left. The lonely fighter aimed with all his heed at one of the guys. The next moment he heard someone talking to him, then a clacking sound.

"Hey!" Yoongi turned to the direction of the voice while still keeping his gun towards the other, which he regretted later. The orange haired guy aimed his gun directly at him with fierce eyes.

"You again!" Said Yoongi with hatred in his eyes.

"Remember how you fled last time?" Asked Hobi, then a grin appeared on his face. "You won't this time."

The following moment the man, who picked up the knife before unnoticed, stepped behind Yoongi and hit him hard on the head with its dim side, from which Yoongi fell on the ground and closed his eyes.

Darkness took over and unconsciousness came.


 

Jungkook was against five person. He is strong and all but he had to admit it wasn't that easy, since he had to protect his friend as well, which meant no moving. He couldn't attack, otherwise they will attack Jin. Kook evaded the attacks and hit or kicked back sometimes, but with not much use. He just got tired and Namjoon and s didn't seem like that at the least.

Whenever he had time - which he rarely had - he glanced around for optional ways to scuttle away. The time passed and the situation was almost the same. Jin freaking out by the enemy, Jungkook protecting him and Nam ordering the others. It felt strange for Jungkook. He had a suspicion that they don't really want to kill them or similar, but to deplete.

Namjoon decided to pull his weight as well and stepped ahead, looking at Jungkook. "So you want to take Chi Won right?" He ran in front of Jungkook and as the young hitman was paying attention to the others, he couldn't see the leader hitting him. From the hit he got he almost fall onto the floor. Jin was continuously watching the purple haired with affright and agitation. As his friend seemingly became weaker and weaker, wrath descended upon him, because of which he wanted to punch Namjoon in the face, but he was still to afraid to do that. He didn't dare to move even an inch.

The hit, gotten from the strongest of the enemy, seemed four times as bad as the others' were. Jungkook held his face in pain and turned to face Namjoon, who attacked again. "This is for the last time." He beat Kook's arm. "This is for stealing Jimin." He kicked the other hard on his leg. "This, for being an a*shole." This time, the punch was aimed at his face, which although Kook anticipated, couldn't block, because from the previous hit on his face his vision was blurry. "And this..." Namjoon lifted his hand again, ready to strike again.

"Wait, don't do it please!" Jin was shouting at the leader, but he didn't shake even for a split second.

"And this is for hurting Jimin's feelings." The banging sound of hitting the young hitman echoed in the near distance. Everything seemed to stop as Kook, with hardly any energy, collapsed and fell onto the floor. He lied on his back, coughing and breathing heavily. His breath was visible as it has gotten colder with the passing of time.

"Jk!" Shouted Jin as he crouched down next to his friend, and placed his shaky hands on the cold ground. "J-jung-k-kook" he stuttered in fear. The next moment he sensed something liquid-like on his hands. After looking down, he started to get dizzy by what what he saw.

Blood.

A smaller puddle of blood appeared under Jungkook, who was lying on the ground full of with scratches and wounds. He could barely keep his eyes open.

One of the men with light brown hair started to run towards Jin. "You are going on my nerves so much!" He grabbed his knife and aimed at the unprotected brown haired boy.
Jungkook could see in the corner of his eyes that the man is targeting Jin, so he collected all his left energy and sat up to save his friend. He then tried to crouch up as well, but fell back into a sitting position.

Namjoon's eyes widened and without much thinking, he stepped between Jin and the knife, which left a wound on his forehead. The man with the knife stopped in the same position in what he hurt his leader. He was shocked. Just as the others as well...Jin couldn't believe his eyes.

Namjoon was hurt so bad, that he became dizzy and couldn't see properly so he dropped onto the floor in a position, with all fours on the ground.

"Leader!" Shouted all of them. "Leader, I'm seriously at fault. I'm sorry, spare me!"

Jungkook realized an optional fleeing point this time. Everyone was busy with Namjoon getting hurt. "Jin!" He said with almost inaudible voice. He pointed towards a street with his chin, which wasn't guarded by any of the men. "Run!"

"Leader, are you all right?" Asked another member of the gang.

"No way I would leave without you!" Jin sounded more serious than ever, but the fear in him was visible to Jungkook.

Namjoon just stayed in place and palpated his forehead to find the wound. It was deep enough to leave a mark, and the blood flowed down on his nose and cheeks.

Jungkook set his teeth, then bit lips in pain as he tried to stand up. He clung into his friend and pulled himself up with all his energy left. He got dizzy after finally standing up and he had to grab the shirt of his friend not to collapse again. "Come!" The russet haired grabbed the elder's wrist and surprised Jin with his fast movement, despite the pain he had. He started to run, pulling his friend behind.

Only when Nam looked up he noticed, that Jungkook and Jin ran away. He looked around and even the others started to look around a few seconds later. "Sh*t! They are gone." "I cannot believe it, where the hell are they?! One of them couldn't even move before." The gang members complained as they tried to find the two lost boys. "Leader, I'm sorry we've lost them."

"Don't care about it now. There's no way we could find them now."

"But that hitman is seriously injured. He couldn't have gotten far."

The purple haired wasn't feeling so giddy anymore, so he slowly stood up. "Just leave it, even if they leave, Jungkook can do nothing in this condition...I just hope Taehyung had enough time."


  

"Jk!" Shouted Jin to the younger. "Jungkook, wait!" The russet haired was walking towards the entrance door of the house with big, fast steps. "You are seriously injured, we should take you to hospital or at least get you treated!" He insisted but the other seemingly ignored him. Kook grabbed the handle and just rushed in. "Jungkook! Hey, wait I'm seriously worried!"

"You shouldn't." He held his stomach while with his other hand he always grazed the wall or table next to him, so he won't fall. "You saw, I could even run."

"That's what worries me the most. I almost spit my lungs out at how fast you were. I get it, that you are a lot faster but...how? Are you some kind of a superhero?"

"Just thank God we came back alive." Answered Jungkook as he arrived to the dining table. "I'm okay as you can see." After this, he hissed by the pain and Jin furred his brows.

"No you are not! And what was this whole thing exactly about? Why did they attack us?!"

Kook stopped for a moment, leaning against the wall, while looking at the floor. Jin was measuring his friend extensively from behind. Dead silence came. "Jungkook." Jin addressed his friend again. "What is it you don't tell me."

"You should know that if I keep my mouth shut, I must be having a cogent reason."

"Don't hide it from me when they wanted to kill me! I have the right to know it."

Jungkook thought for a second. "You wouldn't want to know."

"But-"

"I'm gonna go up to take care of my wounds." And with this, the young hitman, pulled himself up with endeavor to the floor with the help of the railings. He headed towards his room, but stopped after a few steps. The door of his room was opened. It's strange. Jimin always shuts the door. Jungkook hummed as he moved closer. He must be in the bathroom. The boy entered his room and after closing the door behind him, he sat down on the bed. In the bedside table, there were heaps of bandages and lotions he could cure himself with.

After he was done and looked around, he realized something. All this time he expected the arrival, of Jimin. He already claimed this room as his and Jimin's at the same time.

The young hitman decided to get some more bandage from the bathroom, but when he stood in front of the door he came to remember that Jimin might be in. He checked the light if it was on. It was off. Then, he knocked on the door. No answer. So, he decided to enter and take the bandages from the cabinet.

He saw himself in the mirror on the wall as he turned around. His skin was full of with deep wounds and scratches, covered with lint. It's been a while since he looked like this. When he gave up being a hitman and went to prison, he wouldn't have thought, he will see this face in the mirror again.

He averted his thoughts. I hate it. I feel like I'm stuck in the past. With this, he stepped out of the room.

'Jimin must be down somewhere.' He thought. After going down, he met Jin in the kitchen. However he was alone, which worried Jungkook. He looked around, but besides the both of them, no one was home. "Jin! Have you met Jimin?"

The elder looked up and turned to his friend, confused. "No. Why? Isn't he up there as always?" He pointed towards Kook's room.

"I haven't met him. I thought he is down here."

"Maybe he went out to have some fresh air or something. Wait, I'll call him."

Where the hell would he go? It's so unlike him. Jungkook was solicitous and was still looking around anxiously.

As Jin was searching for his phone in his pocket, a clanking sound was audible. "Ah wait, what?" Jin was seemingly confused and delved more into his pocket. Jungkook didn't understand the situation so he just looked quizzically at the brown haired. "I just realized, I had the keys to the house all this time. How did you come in?"

Then, the moment of realization came. Jungkook froze as he started to understand the situation. He remembered how easily he came into the house. The door wasn't even locked. And the door of his room was open, even though it is always closed. "Jimin!" He shouted. "Jimin!"

Jin had a worrying suspicion about the happenings but still felt lost. "Wait I'll call him."

"I'm afraid that will be too late." Jungkook whispered biting his lips. He was searching for evidence for his suspicion. Maybe he was...taken?

The elder dialed Jimin's phone number and waited. They waited in dead silence. The younger could even hear his own heart racing like crazy. Please pick up! he said in himself.

After a long beeping sound, Jin locked his phone. "He won't answer, it's turned off."

"Sh*t. I cannot believe it! Jimin!" He shouted the other's name.

"Hey Kook why are you so worried? He must have just stepped out for something."

"No no. I'm afraid it is much more than that." Jungkook's answer was full of with impatience and anger at the same time. "Jimin!"

The next moment the sound of the door could be heard. Someone opened it and came in. Jungkook rushed closer to see if it's Jimin. He was hoping to see the small blonde haired boy, but the turquoise haired appeared instead. However, by looking at the boy, for a second he forgot about Jimin and froze in awe.

Yoongi could hardly move, just like Jungkook, nevertheless he looked way worse. Blood was dripping down on every inch of his. It started flowing down from the top of his head and even his clothes were covered with it. His shirt turned almost totally red and on his jeans, big blemish were visible. He tottered slowly to the couch and sat down, whining and hissing in pain. He held his nape and closed his eyes, hoping to feel better.

"Yoongi!" Said Jungkook. "What happened to you?"

The elder didn't even open his eyes, just laied there comfortably continuously. "I got a message and went to the given destination."

"Oh my God! Yoongi, you are covered with blood!" By the astonished voice of Jin, the turquoise haired boy's eyes opened swiftly in shock. 'Jin...gosh I totally forgot about him.'
Jungkook didn't want to turn around. All this time he wanted to hide the truth from Jin. When they came back, he was thinking about how to keep it a secret. He had an opportunity to cover it, but now as Yoongi arrived home totally covered in blood like it's normal, all his hopes vanished.

"Okay, I had enough. Tell me what's going on here!" Asserted Jin. "Yoongi why are you like this? Did you get in a fight as well?" He asked worried.

"What?" The turquoise haired looked at Jungkook. "Did you also get into a fight?"

The youngest of them nodded. "I also got a message, and went there." He turned his face to look at Jin. "With him."

"But how did...how did he end up there?" The older hitman's mouth opened by the surprise.

"Long story." Kook looked back.

"So he knows it now?" Said the one sitting on the couch, referring to the brown haired.

"Not yet." He answered nervously.

"What is it I don't know?" Jin was more inquisitive than ever before.

"But what was with you?" The youngest one ignored his friend and continued the conversation.

"I met that orange haired as*hole again. Even though I knew it was a trap, I went there hoping to be able to..." to help Jimin he wanted to say, but said something else instead. "...get Chi Won."

"So you are ignoring me again." Jin's sentence was almost a shout now, as his level of anger and worry rose.

"But only his gang members were there, wanting to kill you, right?" Said the russet haired.

"Yeah."

"Seriously, what the hell is going here? Who is Chi Won? What about that gang you mentioned and what was this whole thing about today?" Jin started to get sick of this feeling, that he is left out. "Yoongi why are you covered in blood? What is happening here? Kook!" The broad shouldered boy was desperately searching for the answer, but the two others just stood still and ignored him.

"Okay, I'm gonna tell you, but you will surely be shocked. A lot!" Jungkook was looking into the eldest's eyes, deeply. "Are you prepared to know the truth?" The other nodded, then Kook sighed one. "Trouble always corners us, no matter what. Our task is to..." Jungkook stopped. "You won't like it."

"I don't care, just say it finally!" Jin considered himself a really patient person, but this was too much this time. "You wanted. So our task is to...kill." Jin froze as he stared at his friend.

"If we are asked to make meat of someone, we have to do it." The russet haired continued.

"So...you kill people."

"Yes we are both hitmans." He pointed at Yoongi, who was sitting on the couch.

Jin's whole world broke into its pieces. He felt his heart clenching and got dizzy.

"I wanted to tell you earlier but-" as the younger hitman stepped one forward, his friend stepped backwards in fear, by which Kook got sad, even though he anticipated this reaction. "-your life is in danger if you know it. It's in danger even if you are here, but I decided to do everything I can to save you."

"Yet, I was the one who wanted to save you." Jin looked down.

"I'm sorry." "We are both sorry." Both Jungkook and Yoongi felt terrible to tell him the truth, which was unfortunately inevitable - which they knew.

"I would totally understand if you ran away." Said the youngest. "If you leave now, you won't get in any kind of trouble. We will deal with it together with Yoongi." The turquoise haired nodded in agreement, even though they both knew, it's not true. Jin wouldn't help them in anything, but only the two of them is less than enough. So whether Jin leaves or not, doesn't change anything.

"I would go if I had a place." With abhorrence on his face Jin turned his back to Jungkook.

"Jin I-" started Kook.

"Needless to say... I'm disappointed in you." And with this, the eldest headed up, as the russet haired felt his heart clenching even more and more.

They heard Jin closing the door of Yoongi's room loudly. "What now?" Asked the turquoise haired.

"He locked himself up in your room."

"He occupied it? Why?"

"It's his habit. Whenever he is under great pressure he isolates himself for a few hours. He will probably even sleep here."

"Go talk to him then."

"It is the worst I could do now." Jungkook remembered the past. Each time they tried to talk to him he got stubborn and insisted on staying in the room alone. He emptied his mind while doing so. "We have to let him be."

"So where am I going to sleep? Maybe-" Yoongi stopped to think for a second. "We could switch."
The young hitman drowned so deep in his thoughts, he felt his body burning inside from the despair. The voice of he other was dull and it felt as if the ground shook.

"Well, I am taking silence as an agreement. I'll share the room with Jimin then. If you won't take him out of my room, you'll sleep on the couch." He patted its surface, but his fingers stopped as the expression of Kook changed swiftly.

"Jimin!" The boy opened up his eyes rapidly. "Sh*t! I forgot it!"

"What? What now?" By the reaction of the other, the feeling of anxiety descended upon Yoongi.

"Jimin!"

"Yeah yeah say something new so that I can understand you."

"He must have been taken away. I cannot find him anywhere." Said the younger with dashed breathing.

"Wait what? He is gone?!?!"

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

This chapter turned out to be a lot longer than I expected, so it took more time to write - plus I'm extremely slow ^^'.

It's funny how a boy kept looking at my phone on the train while writing my fanfiction. I continuously had to lock the screen because he was looking so much ^^' It was really awkward and I couldn't even write down the half of what I wanted to...But I just hope he cannot speak english XD