Where the threads got attached

[Jikook] For a better life

Running on the streets of Seoul would definitely be sort of fun for Jimin, if he hadn't been chased by big, strong and scary guys from time to time.

His day was unusually good today, however these guys just ruined the mood. He got in school on time, he managed to live through the long studying hours and no one cracked an annoying joke about how small he is. All in all, he would describe this day as a perfect one...he would.

And again, he has to run home, without even being able to greet his best friend before leaving. His hair adhered to his forehead as sweat was dripping down his face. Jimin continuously kept looking back while running, almost falling several times. His breathing was fast and heavy as he inhaled the cold, yet warm air. Cherry-blossoms were falling from the trees, covering the pavement.

It was around that time, most students finished school and flocked to the streets. He almost bumped into a man, but was capable of evading him and directly started to run further, although it was almost enough for one of the men to grab Jimin's hoodie.

"Stop right there!" The biggest one shouted. "We won't hurt you smol boi, don't worry!" The irony was audible from his sentence, as he laughed at the same time.

There were few times Jimin got caught and was seriously beaten up. After those days he always had several bruises on him, some covered with patches. It's been numerous days since the members of this gang last chased him and for a moment he thought it's finally over, but was disappointed.

Thanks to his father's lessons of fighting, running and escaping he could always run and jump fast enough, so he won't get caught. Every time he was seriously injured his father didn't seem caring it at all, despite the fact that it was all his fault. Jimin always got hurt because of his father, but his heart always ached when his elder's only reply to the situation was: "Ok, I'll try to convince them, but don' expect anything" At first, Jimin did believe his words, but soon came to a sad conclusion. Nothing will change eventually, no matter what he says. It hurt him, that seemingly his father didn't even care if he is alive or not. However Jimin always had a feeling he is loved by someone, afraid to show his true feelings. He always thought about his dad this way so he kinda got used to it already.

His father was the head of the 'underworld' - as they call it. He is the leader of Seoul's most influential gang, the Dark Knights. There are lots of murder cases, robberies, frauds and illegal trades under their hands. They live off of easily deceived people and by annihilating other gangs around, and in the territory of Seoul. And even now, that he is in prison for all these crimes, his son - Jimin - is not left alone. The other gangs see potential territory increasing chance, now that the leader is gone and no one is expected to have his spot, because Jimin doesn't want to follow in his dad's track as he never ever wanted to. Jimin's dream is to have a peaceful life finally after all these tiring years. He hates violence. He hates even to witness, mostly to use it. It is true, that because of his father's fierceness at the beginning of the gang's setup he had to train. He had to learn different techniques on how to fist-fight, evade hits, escape from handcuffs and have the perfect tactics for a specific situation. With this, his speed, strength and flexibility all increased. He could be a perfect member of his father's gang. Maybe even the best one, with talent like his, but he opposed joining the team. Since then, his father seemed to give up on him and the more he dealt with his gang, the more he neglected his son.

Jimin got to a park with a nearby train station. This park was always the one they referred to as 'the golden park'.

Everyone seemed to tie here together, meet with ones they met a long time ago, or wished to meet. This park is the heart of Seoul. The place where each and every thread seems to connect.

As always, the park at this hour was full of with people with various age, height, race and gender. The irony in this given name is that it's so hard to find anyone in this park sometimes, that it is considered a fate-like miracle if you meet there someone you know.

"Catch him!" shouted the dark brown-haired guy. "I had enough of this kid. Why is he so freaking fast?" By hearing these words, Jimin got a bit flustered.

You won't ever catch me guys, don't even dream of it. Jimin said to himself. As he slalomed between the people in the huge crowd he ran across the street.

He didn't see the light switching from green to red as he was rushing to the other side of the road, however the cars already started off. By less than one meter he managed to evade the cars. He stopped and turned around to get to know the whereabouts of the men. He heard shouting voices coming out from the cars and saw uneasy glares pointing at him. Then the three men suddenly appeared behind a passing car. Even though the lights were still flashing red, they chased Jimin further and started to run after one another.

Jimin was already out of breath, but he knew that he still had more energy than the ones chasing him. Breathe Jimin, breathe! He said to himself as he felt as if his stomach just turned upside down, and the feeling of nausea attacked him like crazy. But he couldn't stop. He didn't want to get beaten up again. He didn't want to see his father's gaze of disappointment nor his best friend's worried look. He didn't want to give up.

He started to run again like his life depended on it. He ran so much, he almost reached the end of the park.

These gang members were the most enthusiasts since the beginning of this 'habit' of chasing him till he spits out even his lungs.

While he was running, a brown-haired boy with the shade of russet got in Jimin's way, but seeing the rushing boy he stepped back preventing a confrontation.

The only thing the unknown boy saw was a blonde-haired boy. He saw only his strands of hair floating in the air as he ran. As Jimin still spurted, the other boy took one step forward and turned to the three men. "Step aside, a*shole. You are in our way!" One of them screamed. But the boy didn't even move an inch.

He waited as the men came closer to him. He pushed one of them with his leg in the stomach. Next to the one who fell from the kick, the other one targeted not Jimin, rather the other boy now. He tried to punch his face, but the russet-haired boy avoided the hit, turned around and hit the third in the face.

The only one still on feet turned around in confusion, surprised by his teammates lying on the floor. He on the other hand, instead of fighting back, targeted Jimin. Trying to turn around and go after Jimin, the unknown boy grabbed his collar and seemingly didn't even need a huge amount of energy to pull the guy back, then.

Jimin has seen the whole series of acts. He watched it with widened eyes, every second thinking about the motive of this guy.

He observed his savior well, and noticed that he may be around the same age as himself, or even a bit younger. He looked really manly, sporty and tall. His boots moved on the ground and his leather jacket's end floated in the air as he turned and twisted in different positions defeating his enemies.

When all the three of the men could be found on the floor, Jimin's savior looked up at the person he just saved and it seemed like he started to observe Jimin as well.

Jimin saw the guys slowly getting up, nodded one as a grateful thanking for the boy and headed home immediately.

The boy just stood there between the three men on the ground. He casually - like nothing happened - stepped over one of them, still unconscious from the hit he got, and disappeared like the last snow.