Chaper 6 P2

My Symphony

As Solar was walking around greeting guests, she saw the two girls from afar. “Eric, i’ll be back.” He gave a nod as he was still talking to his friends.

 

“Wheein! Hwasa!” She screamed out loud.

 

“Yongsun! Wow you look so pretty! You are now a woman.” Wheein shouted. “I forgot to call you Solar, are you mad at me?” She pouted.

 

“No! It’s fine! We are childhood friends and still friends forever. Don’t Forget!” She joyfully exclaimed.

 

“Solar congratulations to you engagement. I’m really jealous of you, who'd know you'd get married first.” Hwasa joked around with her.

 

“Don’t worry! You are next! Just tell me and i’ll make it as big as mine.”

 

“Unnie we both know why you came over here. Don’t make it so obvious.”

 

 

Solar was taken back. “What do you mean? I just came here to talk to you guys and catch up on our lives.”

 

“Unnie” They pulled her in close and whispered to her. “Unnie don’t. You are going to get in trouble especially Byul, like last time.”

 

“What do you mean like last time?” Hwasa hit wheein again.

 

“What do you mean last time?” Wheein repeated solar’s line.

 

“You’re hiding something from me aren’t you.” The two girls stared at each other.

 

They began to laugh. “No, we aren’t hiding anything. Byul is over there sitting down. Eating and drinking.” They directed her.

 

“Don’t think you guys are off the hook. I know something is up." She gave a death stare before leaving.

 

Before she was able to walk towards Byul she was cut off again and pulled aside. “Kim Yongsun. What are you trying to do.”

 

“Nothing that would ruin my image mother.”

 

“I know where you’re headed. Don’t act stupid around me, i’m a hawk. I can spot when something is off.”

 

“Don’t worry i’m just speaking to my guests like how we are supposed to.” She walked away from her mom and headed back to where she was going. As she had looked again, she was not there.

 

She turned around and bumped into someone. She had spilt all of her red wine on the person she bumped into. “I’m sorry!” She got napkins and started wiping down the suit.

 

“It’s okay. It’s just me Byul. No need to be sorry, it was my fault.” She got napkins and dabbed her shirt.

 

“Did you do this on purpose because you’re mad at me?” Byul jokes.

 

“No, it was an accident. I didn’t mean it, I didn’t know you were there.”

 

“It’s okay. I’m just joking around with you. I’ll just throw this suit away it’s fine.” She reassures the girl.

 

“Actually I wanted to talk to you for a moment. Only if you have time.” Byul agreed. “I’m giving up my pride speaking to you, but I really needed to ask you one last time.”

 

“Go ahead.”

 

“Why did you leave?”

 

“I already told you I don’t want to talk about it.”

 

“Why? What’s the big deal about it. Just tell me for once while I am still willing to forgive you.”

 

Byul looked at her face seeing all the happy and sad memories they shared. She just didn’t know what or how to say it.

 

“Solar. The past should stay in the past. You’re engaged now and soon you’ll be married to Eric. And for me I will just disappear like fog. I come and go with the wind.” She patted her head. “It’s time for us to move on and for you to forget me. Our only relationship is the singer and the composer.”

 

She threw her hands off of her head. “You think i’m that stupid to believe your words. I know you, Wheein, and Hwasa are hiding something from me!”

 

The door had slammed startling the two.

 

“You two has it been so long since we reunited!” She applauded “I love it how you two still are inseparable.”

 

Byul bowed and apologized. “I’m sorry, I was just leaving.” She grabbed her coat and started to walk out.

 

“Not so fast young lady.” Byul stopped and turned around. “I want you to tell her why you left.” Byul hesitated to speak. “Come on now, I think you need to tell her the truth. Well hurry up.”

 

 

"I'm not going to say anything."

 

 

"Tell her or else I have something else on my mind to announce." Her mom gave an eye at Byul.

 

“I left because I took your mom’s money.”

 

“Tell her all of it.”

 

“I traded your love for money! Happy now!” Solar slapped byul’s face. It was the first time she ever expressed her emotions until now.

 

“Thank you. I have been waiting all these years for that. You finally let go.” She swiftly walked out of the room.

 

“See. Now you know the real her. Your guys relationship was always fake.” She lectured her. "You need to start listening to me more. A mother always knows best.

---

“Solar you’re back. I have been looking all over for you.” Eric held her hand.

 

 

She rubbed her eyes looking around the party.

 

 

 “What’s wrong? Your eyes look kind of red.” He held her cheeks looking at her face.

 

“Nothing’s wrong. I’m perfectly fine, don’t worry.” She elooked up at him. "Thank you for loving me." She embraced him.

 

 

"I love you more than any song I can write or sing for you."

 

The whole crowd went crazy for their hug. The reporters took hundreds of photos for the next breaking news.

---

Byul went to a bar to have a couple of drinks to relax her mind. “Two bottles of Soju and a shot of Vodka please.”

 

“Yes mam. On your way.” The bartender brought the drinks over to her. “Here you go. Enjoy.”

 

As she was drinking she took out the box that meant the world to her. “Our rings, who would forget the vows that signified the rings.” She thought in her head.

 

She took the rings out and put both of them on her finger. She took a good look at them as they were rusted. “Two rings, one person.” She thought in her head for awhile. “Useless piece of crap.” She said out loud.

 

“Mam you can’t be so loud in here. If you get any louder I have to kick you out.” The bartender suggested.

 

Byul closed the box and stuck it back in her jacket. “Okay don’t worry, i'll be leaving now.” She paid for her tab and left shortly afterwards.

 

Walking on the streets relieved her from stress. She loved looking at the lights and the commotion outside. The fast paced crowds of people that swormed the streets made her feel like she belonged somewhere.

 

“It’s getting stronger.” She looked at her hands