Chapter 5

My Symphony

“How do I leave again without anything resolved? How do I make up with the one I love and hurt? The pain of repeating my mistakes are heavily weighted upon me.”

 

*knock knock*

 

“Byul someone is waiting to speak to you.”

 

 

"Tell them to come on in."

 

 

She was not surprised by who had appeared.

 

 “Hello… What are you doing here?” Politely shaking her hand.

 

“Nothing much. I just wanted to check up on how you were doing back in Seoul.”

 

“Me? Well Mrs. Kim, not so well. Thanks for slapping me the other day, I deserved it because I knew your daughter was not able to do the honor.”

 

“My daughter is in fact weak and unable to express her emotions. But that’s not why I came here. You know why I came here.”

 

“Yes. We gone over this, i’m not supposed to meet your daughter and so here forward i’m banned from speaking of the feelings we both shared when we were young because young teenage girls do not do that.” Slyly smirking.

 

“It’s enough with the act! Byul! You’re the one who agreed to separate with her, and you promised that if we ever meet again i’d act outraged, and you’d act like a smart mouthed stubborn woman.”

 

“Yes I promised you that if I left your daughter, you would let her live her dream of becoming a singer. Your welcome, but you don’t care about how she feels only what will make you happy!”

 

“Shut up you arrogant child. She is my daughter and I let her do what her heart desires! She is even getting engaged this Saturday and here is the invitation. You must come to watch and see with your own eyes that she is moving on, and not with a girl.”

 

Byul opened the invitation and took a good look at it. “Solar and Eric’s Engagement Ceremony”

 

“You Remember the Date! You better come because if you don’t i’ll get the reporters all over you stalking my daughter and you liking girls. Then no one would hire you and you’d go down in flames!”

 

“No problem Miss Kim. I will follow your orders not because of you, but because of your daughter. I’m really happy she moved on. Don’t worry I would love to be there to watch.”

 

 

"Good! When you see them get engaged. You leave and dissapear out of this country and my face! I'll even write you a check that will last you till your death!"

 

A big slam follows after the old lady exits.

 

“Finally.”

 

“Finally I can catch my breath and relax. Stress free!”

 

“Byul what are you going to do with yourself. Everything is gone, but this was your plan from the beginning. To disappear.”