Chapter 1

My Symphony

“Yah! Where are you! How can you just leave me like this!” The girl listened to her voicemail after she got off the plane. All she could do was stare at her phone whispering “I’m sorry.” Before boarding the airplane.

 

Flying from New York to Seoul was a bit of a hassle. The airplane rides were very long which Byul hated. She hated riding airplanes simply because of the uncomfortableness. It gave her back pain that she just couldn't handle anymore.

 

“We will arrive in Seoul in 10 minutes, please stay seated for the time being.”

 

As the plane landed, she picked up her luggage and searched for her name in the crowd. “Ms. Moonbyul!” She heard her name throughout the crowd. “Ms. Moonbyul!” As she turned around she saw a familiar face.

 

“Wheein!!” She shouted running for a hug. “How did you know I was coming here! I missed you so much!” She couldn’t let go of her best friend.

 

“Well why didn’t you tell me you were coming. Were you trying to hide from us.” Her eyes stared deep in my soul.

 

She tugged her arm. “Hey! I wanted to surprise you. SURPRISE!” She giggled scrunching her nostrils. Moonbyul grabbed her luggage and they both started to walk out.

 

Wheein pulled up to her driveway parking her car. “Byul! Byul!” She nudged her. “Byul! Wake up!” The girl woke up. “Finally! You woke up! Sleepy head. Come on i’ll give you a tour.” Wheein helped byul bring in all her luggage she brought.

 

“Very nice Wheein, I love it o much, it suits you well. It’s so cute just like you wheepup. So what do you do now?” Byul sat down questioning the child.

 

“I am a kindergarten teacher. Crazy isn’t it? Who knew being a teacher would be suited for me. I love my job. The small children just brings me joy, they're too cute.” She laughed.

 

“Ah really! That is so cute! I thought you would be a singer, I could have composed you some songs for you to sing. Your voice was beyond perfect back then, but now who knows how you sound now.” Byul smiled pushing wheein.

 

“It’s okay. I love being a teacher, but! We should go karaokeing like the old times before you left. I can invite the whole crew, it will be as fun when we were in high school! All four of us, I mean the three of us.” Wheein whined begging byul. She pulled her arm until she said yes.

 

“Just the three of us rite? Wheein promise me. Wheein i’m not lying, you better not play tricks. I know you too well. Swear on your mom’s life. Just the three of us” She glared into her eyes making wheein promise her.

 

“Okay. Okay! I wheein swear on my mom’s life that I will not do anything behind byul’s back because I love her so much.” The sneaky girl smiled doing a little aegyo for the older girl. “Byul why are you so afraid. I mean it has been five years, i’m pretty sure the past is the past.”

 

“Wheein let’s just stop. I don’t want to hear it anymore, it was just fate and nothing can be undone. It just needed to be done and you know why too. I belive it was for the best, hidden truths don't need to be brought out or be said for anybody to know. It is just my life, my world, and my buisness. Not everyone has to know”

 

“But byul i’m pretty sure everything is forgotten, I mean you left because of life or death right.., couldn’t you just have told the truth. It doesn’t hurt to tell you know, when you tell the truth you don't need to explain yourself later on in life. Telling the truth is good for the soul.”

 

“Wheein, I really don’t want to talk about this right now. Plus you knew everything too but didn’t say anything either for five years right.” She looked over her shoulders seeing the girl nod her head slightly. “Then, we should stop talking because you were in this too. So you can’t say anything either.” She folded her arms together staring at the short girl smirking.

 

“Okay. Okay. I know, I know. But still… You guys put me through torture. Why do I always have to be the middle man all the time, can't you guys just tell the truth to each other.” She picked up the blankets and threw it at byul. “Here meanine. We can talk tomorrow, i’m mad at you."

------

Byul woke up with the scent of kimchi fried rice, and bibimbap. She walked down to wheein the chef. “Wooww! Wheein, who knew you could cook so well. Is this for me?? Thank you!!” She reached her hand to pick up some food, but wheein shoved her hand away.

 

“Not so fast you! I want to hear an apology first.” The girl pouted.

 

“Right Now? Why can’t I just apologize after we eat hmm…” Byul trying to dig in as she already grabbed her chopsticks and her bowl of rice.

 

“No, it’s either now or never.” Her eyes gleamed with rage in her eyes.

 

“Okay, okay.” Reaching her hand to pick up Wheein’s hand. “Wheein~Ahh~~ I am so very sorry.” Speaking with her puppy eyes.

 

“Alright! Let’s eat” Byul said rubbing the little girl's head. “Little Wheepup, come on let’s eat.” Wheein smiled brightly holding up her spoon, ready to dig in.

 

After they were done eating they cleaned up their mess, as wheein washed the dishes and byul dried them and put them away, since wheein was too short.

 

“Okay wheein, i’ll see you later tonight then. Plus I got my own room at the hotel so I won’t be such a nuisance to you anymore.” She giggled. She put on her shoes and ran out the door.

 

“Good Morning Mrs. Byul, get in.” Her driver opened the door for her then closed it as they begin to drive. “So Mrs. Byul how was your first day in Korea, do you like it?”

 

“Yes, I miss it here, feels like home.”

 

“Miss, is there anything you want to do before you leave Korea?”

 

“Hmmm… I don’t really know, but maybe there is.”

 

“Well if you need to go anywhere just call me, i’m you personal driver for your whole stay here.” He smiled, writing his phone number down giving it to byul.

 

“No, theres nothing to help me with. Thank you for your sincerity thought, Bye!” She shook the driver's hand before entering her work place.

 

“Hello Mrs. Byul. Welcome to LT Entertainment. We are so glad to work with you.” The CEO came up and shook her hands. Byul shook his hand firmly as everyone began applaud.

 

“Ah.. Thank you everyone for inviting me. Thank you it’s an honor to be working with you guys.” Byul said while bowing at a 90 degree angle towards everyone showing her sincerity.

 

The CEO brought byul and showed her around the company she would be working at. He showed her the studio, lounge, dance rooms, and the cafeteria. “Thank you Byul for accepting my offers over millions. Thank you! I know you’re the best composer out there. Thank you!”

 

“Mr. CEO it’s fine. Your welcome, I am actually more thankful for inviting me and choosing me to be one of your composers for you. So I thank you more for what you have done for me. You even paid for my whole trip thank you!” Byul bowed in a 90 degree angle.

 

“Thank you Byul! You are free to roam anywhere you like to, Here catch.” The CEO threw keys to moonbyul. “No need to thank me but these are the keys to a car I bought you, i’m pretty sure you’ll like” He said as he walked away. “Oh one more thing I would like you to come by the company tomorrow and meet one of my artist I want you to work with.

 

“Thank you so much. I’ll meet you tomorrow then.” She was surprised with the gifts she has received. She walked out to the garage repeatedly clicking the keys to find her car. “Carr!! Where are you!?” As she was at the brink of giving up she found her car.

 

As soon as she found her car, a van came driving by like speed lightning almost running her over. “YAH!! Be careful!” As the door opened it was one of their artist running in a hurry. She barely caught a glimpse of the celebrity's face. “Man these celebrities think they rule the world.” She got in her car and drove out to meet wheein.

 

*RING RING*

 

“Byul meet us at the the restaurant, our restaurant. Do you remember!?” Wheein kept repeatedly asking on the phone.

 

“Yes I remember, i’ll be there in 20 minutes there is slight traffic where I am at right now. I just got off work too. See you soon. Plus it’s just you and me right.” She questioned feeling a bit uneasy.

 

“It’s just us don’t worry crazy! Really it’s just us at the diner alright. I’m hanging up now. Bye!” She hung up in a rush making byul feel even more uneasy. As byul arrived she had been an hour late rather than 20 minutes. As she got out of her car the lights flashed up following toward the entrance. When she got to the door and opened it a beam of lights suddenly turned of with confetti thrown in the sky.

 

“Welcome back home byul!” Everyone gathered around, all her family and her friends. She was taken back from the surprise making her a little emotional. Her eyes began to water falling down her face as she quickly wipes them.

 

“Tears of joy! Tears of joy!” She said as she wiped her face. She giggled with happiness that er loved ones were all around her.”Umma, Appa!” She ran to give them a hug. “I missed you guys so much, you don’t even know.”

 

“We both missed you too, but thank your best friends for hosting this gathering party.” She turned to wheein and noticed another face.

 

“HYEJIN!!!” Jumping up and down seeing her best friend she used to kick it with, but her friend she called family. “Wow! You got so pretty hyejin! I missed you, why didn’t you pick me up from the airport with wheein?” Punching the girl.

 

“Ah.. I’m sorry byul, I didn’t know you would be so butthurt not seeing my beautiful face come pick you up from the airport, which you didn’t tell us about. But your family told us. Huh?” Her words of wisdom struck byul right in the heart.

 

“Really, I’m sorry I just didn’t want to burden you guys, but I am so glad you both are here. I both love you guys so much. Thank you guys for having a party just for me.” All three of them went in for a trio hug that warmed their hearts.

 

The party went on till the daylight had disappeared. Byul met all of her companions and her family that she missed dearly. This party made byul feel more at home and more comfortable. She noticed that she had felt the same since she left Seoul. Everything felt just as normal. As the party ended the people began to leave giving byul a hug just before leaving.

 

“Woww! Wheein and Hyejin! Thank you so much for what you both have done for me making feel at ease. I really did find the best loving friends out there.” She giggled, she handed them both a shot and they both downed it with some lime and juice. “Really thank you guys.” She patted them on the back.

 

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow or sooner hmm. Let’s hang out, just us three alright.” She smiled walking out. The two girls smiled back and waved as they both went their separate ways heading home.

 

When Byul got home she unpacked her luggage she brought with her from New York. She neatly put her clothes and shoes in the closet. She took out her picture frames she had kept with her. She smiled at the one with all her friends in the picture jumping holding another. She looked at another one which caught her mind staring deep into the photo.

 

Before falling asleep she opened a wine bottle and poured soe in a glass for her to drink. She layed on her bed drinking another cup of wine before knocking out on the bed. She had a comfortable mindset, dimming the lights. She remembered to put an alarm clock on before going to sleep to meet up the CEO tomorrow.