Chapter 2

My Symphony

“Goodmorning Ms. Byul.” Entering the company freelancing around. A bit lost Byul was but she finally asked one of the workers where the CEO’s office was, making her way into the office. She knocked on the door before going in.

 

“Yes. Come in.” She heard as gradually walking inside the door. “Hello Byul. Sit! Sit down.” He guided her to a seat. “You're probably wondering what you’re doing here so early aren't you? Well I want you to work with one of my top singer. She is well, a handful sometimes, but you’ll get used to her.” He giggles, leaning back in his chair folding his arms.

 

“Handful? Well I am not sure how this will end up, or how her attitude is but, i’ll give it a try. I’ll try to work around her schedule and see what type of melodies and rhythm he likes most. I love to give the artist what they like, not what I like. It would be presenting themself and their emotion, giving it to their fans to enjoy.” Byul enjoyed where this was going, it was a type of job where she could do what she likes. She was very determined on how and what she is going to do.

 

“Great! Well she’ll be here in an hour, so we will have a meeting then. Would you like a drink or some food for the wait? It’s pretty early so you might be hungry right?” He suggested to byul giving her options.

 

“No, that’s fine, if i’m hungry i’ll just go to the cafeteria. I’ll just wander around for a bit and check out the studio. I’ll be back.” Before she left the office she remembered something and turned back to ask him. “Before I leave, what’s the artist’s name. I don’t want it to be a bit awkward if I don’t know her since i’m not around from here.”

 

The CEO looked up and bul and gave her an answer. “Her name is Solar. Her voice is the best in the industry, and she is glowing in the entertainment industry right now, she is practically one of a kind you could say.” Stating the facts he remembered something as well. “Ah byul, you don’t have to call me Mr. CEO, you can call me Jonghyun.” He gestured for her to be quite more comfortable.

 

As she left she walked toward the studio, checking out the equipment they got in there. She found out each composer/songwriter had their own studio. “Excuse me Mrs., do you know where my studio is at?”

 

“I’m not sure let me check.” The lady signed on to her computer and browsed through their documents. “Found it. Your studio is on the first right and then a left.”

 

“Thank you Mrs.” She thought all of these people who worked there were very nice and sincere. Following the directions se found her studio, finally she felt like home since all she did was live in a studio 24/7. She walked in and touched the equipment and arranged some stuff to her liking. On the couch she decided to take a nap before the meeting was going to be held.

 

She suddenly woke up from hearing a loud noise outside her door. She walked out to see what was wrong, as she walked out she saw a girl crying outside of her door. “Little girl.” She nudged. “Are you okay? Did you need any help with anything?”

 

When the girl looked up her eyes were swollen dripping with tears. Byul took out her handkerchief and gave it to the girl crying her eyes out. “Are you a trainee?” The girl nodded her head. “You know, it might be hard now, but I believe in you. Once all the hard part is done, being on stage is where the good part of life starts to kick in.” She smiled patting the girl's head before leaving.

 

Byul looked at her watch noticing she was late to the meeting. As she walked towards the door, she her some shouting, a bit loud for a quiet company. “Where is she! Doesn’t she know a star like me has a busy schedule. It’s hard, didn’t you say she was just here! I don’t understand you guys, you should have just made her stay put!”

 

Byul walked in hearing all those words the artist she has to work with just said. Clearing she walked into the hectic room. “Sorry. It’s my fault, I fell asleep and didn't keep track of time.” As she looked up she say the CEO’s face a bit thankful that she arrived before hell broke loose. “And Solar…” She looked around finally catching a glimpse of the star’s face. She walked over to her putting her hand out to the lady to greet her.

 

Solar however did not react, she didn’t accept the girls greeting. “I don’t accept greetings from unorganized, trashy people.” Solar said before sitting down at the table. Byul simply too in all the hate and brushed it aside, she impl sat down on the table.

 

“Let’s get to business now shall we.” the CEO stated while giving them both a time schedule. “There will be no refutes and you both will have to change your schedule no matter what you have to remove because this album need to be produced within 6 month.” He received both ods from both sides.

 

“Good! There will be meetings between you two every Monday-Wednesday and Saturday-Sunday. Solar we changed your schedule already and cancelled some shows, and byul you will just come whenever she has time off.” He gave out the information and bluntly walked out to another meeting.

 

The two stole glances from one another secretly. Solar got up and quickly walked out to her next schedule she had. While byul was left in the room all by herself.

----

“Solar! Solar!” She snapped out of it. “What’s wrong? Are you sick?” Her manager questioned. “Did you want to turn around and go home?” She shook her head and looked outside of her window.

 

She closed the blinds from her manager, it was pitch dark in the back of the seat. Slowly she began to tear up remembering the last time they had seen each other. A face she never wanted to see again in her life. A person who brought her pain. Slowly she remembered their last encounterance.

--

“Where are you going! Are you leaving me? Answer me!” She demanded.

 

“Yong sun… look I don't know.” She waited it out before making another comment. “Maybe we should have a little break, I need to think this through.” Byul quietly said, looking down.

 

Solar took a step back from the girl, looking at her deeply. “Are you breaking up with me!” She questioned.

 

“I don’t know, maybe we should think this through first. I mean who knows right, we might not end up together. And… I know i’m not good enough for you Solar…” She said caressing her cheek.

 

“Look at me and tell me! Are you breaking up with me!” Byul looked up mumbling. “Well if you’re going to break up with me do it now! Do it!”

 

Byul turned around and got into her car, leaving yongsun chasing after her. “Byul! Are we really breaking up!? We’re not right!”

---

“Wow… what a rough day… So Solar is yongsun.” Byul grinned as she was driving to wheein’s house. “Those fools didn’t even tell me anything, how can this be.” Her head was pounding, and it felt like she was suffocating under all this stress.

 

When she arrived to wheein’s house she brought a pack of beer inside for them. As wheein opened the door, she kind of figured of what was going on.

 

“How was your day byul, you look a little down.”

 

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Byul said while dreading her day. “I brought over some beer for us to drink.” She sat down opening a can of beer.

 

“Tell me what happened byul. Hmm… Byul. Tell me!” The child kept bugging her, till she finally gave into the girl.

 

“First of all, you and hyejin knew that yongsun is a singer and none of you told me. Is this the secret you both hid from me while I was here.” She questioned with her laser eyes. “Her name is Solar… Wheein! How could you not tell me.”

 

Wheein slammed her drink down on the table. “Byul you know why I didn’t tell you. It’s because I didn’t want you to run away, you can’t hide from your problems like this Byul. You need to face it. Plus you were the one who left, not her, there’s no need for you to be angry..” Her voice sternly said.

 

“I know… I know… I am not going to run away, but you also knew I had to leave too.” Byul paused for a moment not saying anything. Tears began to overfill her eyes. “Was I wrong to leave like that.”

 

“Aish… This is why I don’t like you drinking, this is why, you get too emotional all the time. Byul just face your problems. I believe in you.” By the time she looked over at the girl she was knocked out after 4 cans. She fixed her in a position on the bed and put a blanket over her.

---

 

Byul drove over to the company, as today it was Saturday which is studio day. As she arrived she noticed Solar was not there yet, while waiting for her she made some melodies that would suite her voice/style. By the time she checked the time 2 hours has went by.

 

Byul thought maybe her time had been switched up and was too busy, but it kept repeating for another 2 weeks till she finally caught the memo. Byul had called her manager asking for where she was, finally she was told where she was. Byul drove over to where she was at, a little drama studio which weren't even her days to film.

 

Byul finally spotted Solar sitting there, touching her phone. “Yeah! Do you know how to do business or what! I have no time to spare right now!” She snatched her phone away from the girl who ended up screaming.

 

“Yah give me my phone! It’s mine, you know I can sue you right!” Solar shouted with anger. Byul didn’t care and ended up dragging her, putting her into her car. She also didn’t give solar her phone back either.

 

“I don’t care what you think, or what you do. But this contract has been made and you will follow orders around here. Let’s keep our personal life out of the work life.” Byul ended up blowing off the steam she had held in herself.

 

“You’re the one who left in the first place! So why don’t you just leave again! No one needs you here!” Solar shouted. Byul just ignored her arrogant personality. As they arrived to the company, byu had to drag out solar to the studio since she wouldn’t get out of the car.

 

When they arrived to the studio byul threw her into the microphone area and closed the door. “Sing your heart out. I don’t care how or what you sing. Just sing. Cue.”

 

Take a deep breath

Until both sides of your heart get numb

Until it hurts a little

Let out your breath even more

Until you feel

like there’s nothing left inside

It’s alright if you run out of breath

No one will blame you

It’s okay to make mistakes sometimes

Because anyone can do so

Although comforting by saying it’s alright

Are just words

Someone’s breath. That heavy breath

How can I see through that?

Though I can’t understand your breath

It’s alright I’ll hold you

(Breathe by Lee Hi)

“Good job for the day. You can leave now Solar. See you tomorrow.” Byul packed up and walked out of the studio. She quickly remembered she forgot something in the studio, she ran back and went to go retrieve it. As she walked out she remembered in time that she had to drop off solar home. When she walked out she saw the girl touching her phone waiting for a ride.

 

“Yongsun!” Solar looked up wondering who called out her name, quickly realizing it was byul. “… I mean Solar. Follow me.” Byul insisted but solar ignored her turning the other way. “Yongsun! Follow me! Are you not going to listen to me.” Byul was irritated and walked toward her grabbing her wrist  pulling her toward her car. “GET IN!” The girl still didn’t listen so she opened the door and pushed her in the car.

 

Byul drove off blowing off with steam, irritated was what she was. Politely she questioned solar. “Are you hungry?” There was silence. “Okay then forget it then. Look if you keep acting like this, i’ll act the same way. Yongsun i’m not afraid to hurt your feelings, remember that.” Byul said with her heart pumping with rage. She felt like she was growing grey hair already.

 

Arriving at the house the celebrity was staying in, byul pulled up into the gated house. “Get out.” The girl silently sat there like a mannequin not moving. “Are you really going to play this game with me.” She took off her seat belt and unbuckled the girl and opened her door. “Get out. Are you not going to leave?” Byul demanded aggressively hitting her steering wheel.

 

Finally the girl was moving, but this time she had something to say to byul. “Byul. Why did you leave?” Solar calmly replied looking, her eyes were fierce. “I want to know before I leave this car. Moonbyul tell me.” She turned to her side and pushed the byul torwars the door. She raised her hand which was ready to strike byul’s face at any moment. Right before she was about to slap her, byul caught her hand just before it was going to hit her face.