Chapter 10

My Symphony

“Kangho, do you know where my two friends went?” Solar questioned.

 

“No, I haven’t seen them since your last song you preformed.” He said bluntly.

 

“Okay.” She looked back at her phone noticing none of her messages had been seen or replied to. “Maybe something urgent came up.” She felt a bit concerned on why they left without telling her.

 

As she was walking down to her dressing room, she heard a lot of whispering.

 

“Kangho what’s that all about?” She whispered.

 

“I’m not really sure. From what I’ve heard someone got so drunk they passed out. But don’t trust my words, that’s just what I heard.”

 

“Well, whoever they are. I feel sorry for them, but I don’t want them on my staff ever again.” Solar walked into her room and closed the door. She browsed her fan cafe hoping to see some pictures from the concert that were taken by her fans.

---

“How is she?” Hwasa asked.

 

“She’s doing fine, don’t worry she will be up in no time. According to her charts she’s just sleep deprived.” The doctor began to walk away. Hwasa grabbed the doctors arm before the doctor could leave.

 

“Doctor. I know you’re lying to me” She grasped her arm tightly. “She’s ill isn’t she… I don’t know what’s going on between you two, but I know when people lie to me.”

 

“I’m telling you what Byul would tell you. Everything is fine, she could be the one to tell you when she wakes up.” She put Hwasa’s hand said and smiled at her before walking away. Hwasa gripped her fists.

 

Wheein walked up towards Hwasa. “Hyejin! Did you find out what’s wrong with Byul?”

 

“She’s just sleep deprived.” Patting her head. “Come on let’s go get something to eat to kill time.”

---

“Where am I?” Byul wondered in her head. As her eyes opened she saw some bright blurry lights trying to recover her vision.

 

“Byul? Are you okay?” The doctor grabbed her clipboard. “Nod your head if you can hear me” Byul nodded her head. The doctor shined her light in her eyes to check her pupils to make sure everything was normal.

 

“Krystal?” She asked. “How did you get here so quickly to Korea?”

 

“As your doctor I couldn’t just leave you here alone.” She joked. “Did you miss me while you were away, leaving me alone in the crowded city.”

 

“Yeah! I loved being away from you.” She joked as Krystal punched her arm. They both enjoyed each others company until Krystal’s smiled faded.

 

“Listen Byul. This is serious. Your eyes are not working properly right now, i’m pretty sure your right eye is still blurry and faded but you aren’t telling me.” She glared at the girl.

 

“It’s fine, i’m pretty sure it’ll go away in a day or two. When I take my vitamins it’ll be all good and back to normal. I promise Dr. Jung” She kid, holding her hand.

 

“Byul, it’s not fine. Sooner or later you’re going to go blind then what are you going to do?” She stood up. “Look you need to go back home with me and get treatment. Especially your surgery!”

 

“No! I’m staying here. It’s the first time I felt at ease. I like my job and this area. I’m definitely not going to go back home. And i’m never going to get that surgery!”

 

“You’re so stubborn Byul! I don’t even know what to do with you anymore. Have it your way, but in the end you won’t have a pretty outcome! When that happens I won’t be there to watch you suffer.” She spoke sternly. She began to pace back and forth in the room.

 

“Hey!” She called out to the uneasy girl. “Don’t worry, i’ll be fine. Plus I don’t want to risk losing my memory and forgetting this memory of ours right now.” She joked.

 

Krystal smiled. “It’s not funny byul.” She hit byul. “But, what did you to cause it to get more severe. Tell me, i’m your doctor.”

 

“I don’t really know what caused it to get severe. I was just watching the performance and hanging out with Wheein and Hyejin. That’s it. Oh! And pretty lights.”

 

Krystal gave her a death stare. “You really are stupid aren’t you, or do you just not listen to anything I tell you.” She raised her hand threatening to hit her with it. “You stupid girl! I told you no bright lights which could aggravate your symptoms. I even gave you special glasses!” She shook her head.

 

She grabbed her hands and brought it to her chest. “I’m sorry, I forgot. No wonder.” She laughed it off. “I learned my lesson.”

 

“Do you not really care about the chance of yourself going blind! I swear if I was your mom i’d force you to get surgery and be done with it. I’d beat you till you do it, I rather see you broken than blind” She threatened Byul.

 

“Oh! By the way i’m moving in with you to keep an eye on you and you can’t say anything about it since you don’t want to go back home.”

 

“Krystal.” She pouted.

 

“No. Conversation is over and case is closed. I’ll see you in an hour before you get discharged.” She turned around and walked out of the room. “Oh my god! You scared me.” Krystal was startled. Byul’s eyes lit up as she saw who it was.

 

“Hyejin! How long have you been there.” Trying to cover up what they were just talking about. “Oh look have you met Krystal yet? You guys should get to know each other.” Byul could see all the anger in her eyes.

 

“I’ll leave you two. Nice meeting you.” Krystal walked out sensing the tension in the room, leaving Byul alone.

 

“So… how much did you hear?” Looking at the girls angry face.

 

“How much do you think I heard.” Before Byul got to speak she fired back. “I heard everything and all your secrets too if that’s what your asking!” Tears abruptly fell from her eyes from her angry face.

 

“Hyejin… I can explain everything. Please just dont tell…” Once again the girl cut her off, it was her nature of being a leader.

 

“Don’t tell who? Yongsun!? How can you think of that while not thinking about helping yourself? Be selfish for once Byul! Can you just stop caring about her for one second.” She walked toward the helpless girl.

 

“Don’t tell Wheein either, I can’t afford for her to know. She’s my little baby.” Begging Hyejin.

 

“How can you be okay with this? You’re going blind Byul. Blind! I care about you a lot and I can’t afford for my best friend not being able to see me face anymore. Don’t you want to see us live. Especially yourself!” Grasping her hand.

 

Byul wiped Hyejin’s saddened tears. “Hyejin. I can live like this as long as I know all of you are happy. That’s why I came back.” She paused knowing it was too hurtful to speak. “I came back to see my friends faces one last time.” She grinned.

 

Hyejin threw her hands off of hers and got up. “Well if you don’t want to cure your illness of going blind. I vow not to speak or see you ever again until changing your mind! You can go blind all by yourself and not see or remember my happy face for all I care. You remember this face you’re seeing right now!” Hyejin started to walk out. “Disappointment Byul. Disappointment!” Slamming the door.

 

“Wheein let’s go! Byul is fine, she’s just sleep deprived. Too sleep deprived to see reality. Sleeping her life away!” She grabbed Wheein’s hand forcefully walking out of the Hospital without telling anything to Wheein.

---

Byul teared up having it fall down her face. All she could remember was Hyejin’s face of disappointment. “I’m sorry. I’m just too stupid and afraid.” Hyejin’s words kept rewinding in her mind making her feel ashamed of herself. “It’s okay, it’s my life, my body.” Trying to cheer herself up.