Chapter 13

My Symphony

Byul woke up in the hospital with a vibe of eyes beaming at her. “Good Morning Krystal.” Trying to act normal as if nothing changed.

 

“I’m really disappointed Byul.” Byul’s eyes opened with curiosity. “When were you going to tell me the pills aren't working anymore.” She scoffed in disbelief. “Where are your pills at? We need a high dosage.”

 

“My pills!” She suddenly forgot. “I forgot it at the club in the bathroom.” Palming her head. Krystal put her palm on her shoulder. Suddenly Byul felt the sorrow Krystal had in her. “Krystal I didn’t mean to lie to you. I just didn’t want to disappoint you.” Grabbing her hand, holding it sincerely.

 

Krystal inhaled deeply.“I’m sorry. I’m not trying to force you, I just care too much about you and your future.” She sighed. “Look Byul as your doctor I need to explain your checkup. We found out that there is too much pressure on your optic nerves and pretty soon you there will be enough damage to go to a point of no return.”

 

“As I said again, i’m not trying to force you, but if you change your mind now or two months from now you still have a good chance.” Unable to look at the girl. “Don’t look at me. I get sad seeing your face, because I know you can’t see me.”

 

Byul tried to find her face to wipe her tears, Krystal held her hand bringing it to her face. “Don’t cry Krystal.” Wiping her tears. “If I do change my mind, will you promise to… Nevermind” Brushing the subject off.

 

“Are you thinking about changing your mind?” Her mood brightened. “I promise if you change your mind I will be so happy.” Byul laughed at the girl pinching her cheeks.

 

“Don’t get too excited, I still don’t want to get surgery.” Krystal angrly smacked the girl on the head.

 

“I’m leaving Byul!” Walking out of the room. She clenched her fist unable to walk out, she turned around to say one more thing.“Just know I am trying to help you and if you don’t help yourself why am I here? I don’t want to keep nagging you.” Byul said nothing in return. She seemed greatly saddened. “Seeing you give your life away like this just breaks my heart Byul.” Getting it off her chest, walking out of the room.

---

“Unknown number?” Asking herself. “Hello?”

 

“Hyejin?” The person asked.

 

“Yes this is her? Who is this?” Confused.

 

“Sorry. But this is Krystal if you remember me. I am Byul’s overseas doctor/friend.”

 

“I remember you. But why are you calling me for?” Hyejin could only hear quiet whimpers through the phone.

 

“Please.” Her voice was shaking. “Can you help Byul change her mind.” Wiping her tears. “She just won’t listen and is so stubborn I don’t know what to do.”

 

“What do you want me to do? Last time I tried all she just did was turn me down.” She didn’t know how to comfort her. “Look if your asking me for help to change her mind you’re asking the wrong person. I’m sorry.” Trying to hang up the phone.

 

“Wait!” The girl screamed. “She’s blind!” Hwasa was taken back. “She lost her vision yesterday and it’s only getting worst. She’s almost at the point of no returns just help please! Aren’t you her friend?” Hyejin was speechless and in shock. She didn’t know how to reply.

 

“Hyejin! Please! Maybe you can hang around her and just show her how happy life is. Maybe then she would change her mind.” The girl had a blank state of mind, how could her friend be so stubborn. “Please can’t you come here and change her mind. You’re her best friend.” Hyejin hung up the phone not wanting to hear any more of what she already had.

 

Hyejin could feel the fire burning inside of her. She just couldn’t understand Byul, she always took care of other people except for herself.

---

Byul heard heard the door open knowing it was Krystal. “Krystal.” She called out, but there was no reply. She could hear the silent whimpers afar. “I’m sorry Krystal. Will you forgive me.” Still there was no reply.

 

“Moonbyul.” A chill went through her spine hearing the voice call out her name. “It’s me, Hwasa.” Disappointed in the girl. “It’s true isn’t it. You’re blind.” Byul was unsure of how to respond to her. She didn’t want her seeing her like this, especially in this state.

 

“Byul.” Hwasa begged her. “Please just get surgery and everything will go back to normal. I will be here by your side and Wheein too. Are we not enough for you.” Crying, stumbling over her words.

 

“I don’t want you to see me like this Hyejin. I don’t want you to pity me.” In shame she was pushing her away. “Just go Hyejin, I don’t need you to help me.”

 

“I know what you’re doing.” Yelling at the girl. “You’re pushing me away! Just how you pushed Yong away! How did that turn out for you Byul.” Her words pierced Byul’s hearts like daggers. “I’m not leaving anywhere till you change your mind about your treatment.”

 

“Hyejin. I’m your Unnie, you can’t boss me around or tell me what to do. I already know what’s best.”

 

“Well I just did Byul and what are you going to do about it.” The girl couldn’t think of anything to say. “I’m going to forgive you and help you through this whether you like it or not. Wheein and I will come to you everyday to help you through this.” She commanded.

 

“Hyejin.” Burrowing her head between her knees. “Please don’t tell Yong. I just can’t stand for her to see me like this. She’s happy with her life right now, going forward and I don’t want to hold her back.”

 

“Would you stop talking about Yong and just take care of yourself.” She exclaimed. “If you care about her so much, then why aren’t you willing to take chances for her to see her happy and do you good. Don’t you want to see her happily walking down the aisle!?” Byul stayed silent as the thoughts in her head were all crashing into each other.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow Byul.” Hyejin left hoping to ignite a light in Byul to change her mindset. “One more thing.” She pulled out an invitation out of her bag. “It’s Yong’s wedding invitation, it’s on May 20th.” She let out a big sigh. “I don’t know why you two can’t just talk to each other.” Mumbling her thoughts. She tapped the girl’s shoulder. “It’s coming fast isn’t it.” Byul nodded and smiled. “Alright Byul, take care.” Leaving the room.

 

“She’s finally getting married.” Smiling to the thought of it, but it turned in to tears. Her loved one finally moving on. Moving on without her, she knew she was stuck in the past, but she just couldn’t accept it. Maybe Hyejin was right, she just pushes everyone away without giving them a chance.

---

Hyejin had been coming to see the girl everyday hoping to change her mind. Wheein never showed up because it was too much to intake knowing her friend was going through a hard time.

 

Everytime Wheein would gather the courage to come, once she stepped in the door and saw the poor girl she just couldn’t hold herself back from crying. She decided that if Byul wanted her to come visit her, then she should get surgery to visually see and greet her.

 

Krystal had been praising Hyejin for trying to change the stubborn girls granite mind. It was tough enough to even get her outside for fresh air. Every time she’d ask the girl, she always replied negatively.

 

On the other hand, Yong has been arranging her wedding ceremony.

---

Solar and Eric had been planning and arranging the wedding. Solar wanted the wedding to be perfect while Eric wanted to give the dream wedding to his future wife.

 

“Eric do you think the seating arrangement is good?”

 

“It’s fine Solar. I think it’s perfect, everyone looks comfortable.” He enthusiastically commented.

 

“Do you think the food is going to be enough? Will the people like the design? What about my dress is it pretty?” She ranted on for hours asking Eric of his thoughts. He always replied in the most positive loving way.

 

“My future wife Solar, I think it’s time for you to go to sleep, it’s been a long day. Don’t stress about it, it’s in two months and I think we already finished planning everything.” He smiled at her ensuring everything will go well.

 

Eric left the house as he went to the studio to finish up his upcoming album. Solar was stuck at home overthinking and stressing about the wedding. But there was something else on her mind which kept clouding her mind. She got up out of her seat walking towards her purse.

 

As she got her purse she opened it taking something out of her purse. “What are these for?” She started to shake the bottle, reminded when an employee gave her the pills. Solar was unsure of what to do with it, but something inside of her made her feel uneasy.“Moon Byulyi 800mg” She read out loud reading the prescription.

 

 

“Are you so sick of me I make you ill?” Wiping her tears that suddenly came out of her eyes. She quickly put the pills back in her bag. She went to her kitchen and poured herself a glass of wine. “Moon Byulyi and Kim Yongsun story ends here.” Looking up at the sky drinking her wine.