Chapter 12

My Symphony

“Hello everyone!” Byul greeted. “This is Krystal. She wouldn’t let me leave unless she followed me.” Embarrassing the girl.

 

“Krystal glared at her for the embarrassment. “Hello, i’m Krystal. Sorry for intruding.” Bowing to the staff. Most of the staff gossiped how pretty she was. She followed Byul sitting down on the booth right next to her.

 

“Oh I just remembered.” One of the guys shouting out. “Where is Solar? I thought she was coming?” Looking at their phones for a reply. “Byul did she text you?”

 

“No. I haven’t heard of her all day.” Krystal looked at her whispering in her ear. Byul replied with a smile and a nod, laughing at the girl. “Idol.” She spoke cracking up. Krystal pulled her ear because she was embarrassed.

 

“Oh! Solar you’re here.” The staff scooted over making room for her. “You brought Eric too?” It was shocking. “Nice to meet you, the future Solar Kim’s husband.” Teasing the two.

 

“Hello everyone. I’m Eric Nam, nice to meet all of you.” Greeting his fiance’s peers. “Aren’t I lucky to have a future wife this pretty and bubby.” Showing off his girlfriend. “As long as the river flows, so does my heart beating.” Embarrassing her.

 

“Eric.” Punching him in the arm. “Stop it.” Blushing. She quickly found her seat and sat down. Eric soon followed after her.

 

Byul took a shot of Soju while Krystal yelled at her taking her cup away from her. “Byul! I told you no alcohol. You can’t.” She leaned close to her ears, “You can’t mix this with your meds stupid.” Pulling her cheek.

 

“Okay. Okay Princess Jung. I will obey your orders.” Pulling herself away from the girl, holding her hands down. Everyone especially the CEO began laughing at the two. Solar on the other hand looked annoyed with the two.

 

“Now this is what you call living life.” The CEO jokingly commented. “It makes your life brighter and less lonelier as the days go on.” Secretly hinting to Byul to get surgery to recover. Everyone was a bit confused on what he was speaking of.

 

“Byul.” One of the staff member called out. “Are you and your friend Krystal dating?” Questioning their relationship. Byul was caught off guard. “Oh come on! You can tell us, we aren’t hypocritical.” Begging her to answer. “We’re your friends Byul.”

 

“You can think whatever you want.” Byul brushing off the subject.

 

“Oh come on Byul! If you aren’t can I date her.” Trying to get something out of her.

 

“Not even in a million years do you think you can ever date her.” Trying to destroy the topic of the speculations of her and Krystal.

 

“Yes or No?” Everyone began chanting.

 

“I wouldn't call it dating, but I take care of her 24/7. It’s a job I have to do everyday.” Instead of Krystal helping she just made everyone speculate even more.

 

“Oh really!?” The guy said. “It’s okay Byul you don’t have to tell me.” Eyeing her, laughing. Byul nodded in annoyance. Byul finished her beer without even realizing it. Krystal didn’t even bother to stop her because she wouldn’t had listened anyway. Byul would glance at Solar and her fiance every now and then on the down low.

 

“Eric.” Krystal called out. “How did you two meet?” The attention finally laid eyes on them.

 

“About four years ago on a photoshoot we had with each other. What was funny was that for a whole year of trying to win her heart, she said she already had someone in her heart. then suddenly she stopped talking about him and slowly we fell in love.” Holding her hand, giving a peck to her hand. Solar smiled at him, glancing back at Krystal and Byul.

 

“So romantic!” A guy shouted. “You got some guts Eric! If it was me, i’d stop once I was rejected.”

 

“What about you two.” Solar asked Krystal. “How did you two meet?” Intimidating her.

 

She looked at Byul, not knowing how to reply since she met her in the hospital while treating her. “We met in a hospital. she was a med student training there and it was just coincidence that we bumped into each other and got along.” Byul took the lead and smiled at Krystal. “At first she was a bit cold and stubborn, but after getting to know her more she’s a softie and loves helping people.” Winking at her, melting everyone’s heart.

 

“A doctor!” The same guy screamed. “I think i’m having a heart attack from the love in the air. Krystal save me!” Krystal enjoyed his cringy jokes. Byul raised up her fist pretending to beat him up. After everyone talked about their lives they all cheered taking multiple shots of soju.

 

“Krystal i’m going to go to the restroom real quick.” Getting up out of her seat.

 

“Are you sure? Do you want me to go with you?” Feeling uneasy about the girl. Byul shook her head and reassured her that she’d be fine. She wanted the girl to have fun without having to worry about her all the time.

 

Byul walked out of her room to go to the restroom. As soon as she got there she rinsed her face in water. She knew she didn’t feel good due to the mixture of alcohol and her medication, but knowing her she brushed it off and took another one of her meds.

 

She quickly left the restroom remembering Krystal might feel uncomfortable all alone. Halfway there, she noticed she forgot her medicine in the bathroom. She rushed back to get it. Running back, she accidentally ran into a person knocking them down.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.” Trying to help the girl up. The girl pushed the her as soon as she got up.

 

“Watch where you’re walking.” A familiar voice shouted. As soon as she looked up she noticed it was Byul. “What are you blind!?” Shoving her.

 

Byul grabbed her and and pulled her toward a isolated corner. “Let go of me!” Solar screamed. She put her against the wall looking her deep in her eyes. Byul blocked her from leaving.

 

“Solar.” She leaned close in. “One day in the future, I won’t always be here to watch over you!” Stressing, trying to hold her down. Solar was annoyed by the girl, trying to get loose. “Your actions could ruin you, think before you speak. Be careful of your surroundings.”

 

“Don’t speak to me. I can do whatever I want.” trying to loosen the girls hand. Byul blocked her path bringing her back in her arms.

 

“Yong! Listen to me.” Gripping her hands tighter. “What do I have to do for you to forgive me.” Still holding her tightly.

 

“No matter what you do byul, it would never be enough to forgive you for the pain you caused me.” Byul loosened the grip of her hands. “I don’t want anything from you except for you to disappear and never appear in front of me again.” Demanding her to stay away.

 

Solar spoke again. “You know what I figured out, is that our past was all fake. Everything was just a dream, making us sleep our lives away.” She stayed unswayed. “When I think about how I felt about you… I don’t think it was love, but just a mutual feeling.”

 

Byul let go of her. “Okay.” Stepping away from her. “I understand.” Letting go of her hand completely. She waited a few more minutes for the girl to vanish from the area. All she could feel at the moment was a big headache with so much pressure inside.

---

Krystal saw Solar come back in the room from outside. She looked at the time, it had been at least 15 minutes since Byul had left. It wouldn’t take this long for the girl to come back from the restroom.

 

“Are you okay Krystal?” Kangho had asked her. “I’m fine. Excuse me for a minute, i’m going to go outside.” Krystal walked out trying to find the restroom where Byul said she was, but a employee said she saw her walk out ten minutes ago.

 

Indecisive of where to go she walked around checking every hidden spot there could be. Krystal decided to walk outside around the building but still no Byul in sight. She decided to walk back in through the entrance.

 

“Byul!” Running towards her. “You stupid! Why didn’t you just tell me you were drunk! We could have went home by now.” Cursing at her. All this tine she had been sitting outside on the bench. Byul didn't dare look up at her, as she just looked down at the floor.

 

“Krystal.” Her eyes began to water up uncontrollably trying to get a hold of herself. She couldn't control her emotions that were eating her up from the inside out.

 

“What is it Byul? Are you okay?” Comforting her. Byul couldn't dare bring herself to speak.

 

“Krystal…” Trying to grab her hand. “Help me." As soon as she got a hold of her hands she pulled her in close hugging her. "I can’t see Krystal. My vision is all gone.” Krystal felt paralyzed as the shock went through her body. "Am I going to be okay?" Holding her tight.

 

“You're going to be fine Byul. Don’t worry we can fix this. I know it!” Determined. "We need to leave now." Helping her up wrapping herself around Byuls arm, holding her hand tightly as she guided her walking back to the car.