Chapter 16

My Symphony

“Krystal do you think I can pull it off” sighing. “This seems overwhelming.” Byul put both her hands on her face.

 

“Don't worry. Everything will go just fine, trust me. If anything then we got Wheein and Hyejin” Smiling at the girl as she glances through the mirror seeing the girls face as she drives off.

---

Solar unnoticeably was looking around the room to see if she saw a familiar face, but there was none especially the one the was eager to see. She saw Wheein and Hyejin and they looked uncomfortable as for her mom, she was enjoying herself. She sighed with all the commotion and pressure that she didn't even notice the MC was talking to her.

 

She quickly reacted as she looked straight at the MC smiling.

 

“She was lost in a daze guys” The MC laughed. “Probably because she was thinking about what happens after the wedding.” He teased, gasping. Everyone in the room laughed at the MC.

 

“Im kidding, don't take it offensive now.” He joked. “Solar and Eric there has been a change of plans to the schedule as you see, a very important guest has requested to serenade you” He cheesly smiled. “Careful Eric they might just steal Solar away from you” Quickly nudging Eric on the arm.

 

“Don't worry. No one can ever steal her heart away from me because I already stole it.” Making a heart with his fingers, winking. He kissed Solar on the cheek. She began to blush in front of the whole crowd.

 

Save it for the reception” The MC said. Solar lightly laughed. Soon afterwards the lights dimmed low. Nothing was visible but just a lot of body movements.

--------

Suddenly the lights gleamed toward the piano. In a distance, Solar was shocked to see Wheein playing the piano. She reminisced of the times when all four of them would sneak into the music room after class to sing all their favorite songs.

 

Another gleam of light shined toward the stage.

Hey, I know i'm a little late.
But I have something I have to tell you
If you’re still there
Will you please listen to me.

 

In the shadows Moonbyul finally stepped into the light with Hyejin by her side. Byul was smiling holding the mic tightly.

 

You knocked and knocked
But why didn’t I know?
You stood by my closed heart
And you even waited

I’m not fine at all right now
I’m afraid I’ll lose you just like that
My eyes that looked at you
My lips that smiled when I thought of you
It was all love

 

Solar was surprised by her appearance as she drifted a little forward, away from Eric. Hyejin guided Byul to look toward the couple.

 

You know, it seems so easy
But when I do it, it becomes a different story
I barely figured out my feelings
And it’s still really hard for me

 

Thoughts were flying through Byuls mind. She was seeing the old them, with yongsun holding her back tightly as she biked them home from school. Her heart began to feel abandoned. Hyejin squeezed her arm, wheein and hyejin began to harmonize with her.



But, I really wanna do it
Dating you, I mean
Actually, you're always on my mind
Everything about you catches my eye

I’m not fine at all right now
I’m afraid I’ll lose you just like that
My eyes that looked at you
My lips that smiled when I thought of you
It was all love

 

Flashbacks of when they were younger began to roll like a film out of Solars eyes. Of when they first met on the rooftop. Walking home together and meeting her Mom. To Byul leaving and coming back. They all just came rolling back before their eyes.

 

At first,

we didn't know what we meant to each other

But now i feel it

I get scared when I don't see you

 

Im nothing without you

I'm still lacking so much

Its okay even if they talk ill of me

You make me stronger

From now on i'll be a source of strength for you

 

She paused for a moment as the lights dimmed a little darker in the room and the lights shined brighter on her.

 

I’m curious, how do you feel?

Please hurry up and answer
What do you think?

I’m confessing to you right now
I love you
I love you so much my heart is overwhelmed
Because of you, I’m not fine these days

 

Both of their heart strings were pulled. Everything seemed to feel so different that the world finally felt like it stopped spinning. Their souls that buried in each other's hearts felt as if they were finally let free from each other.

 

I’m afraid I’ll lose you just like that
My eyes that looked at you
My lips that smiled when I thought of you
It was all love

 

The last line she sang lingered through their hearts. Byul sang it like it was her final confession to Yongsun before finally leaving her behind in her past.

(Hey - Paul Kim Moonbyul cover)

 

The lights dimmed all the way down, pitch dark.

 

Solar quickly wiped her tears before anyone could catch her. Quickly she changed her attitude and began to clap with the rest of the crowd.

 

The lights turned back on in an instant.

 

“Moonbyul-shii~~ before you leave do you have anything to say to the couple. Looks like they were both moved by your performance.” He excitedly stated. “Even I was so moved that my heart made me shed a tear” He pretended to wipe them.

 

Byul hesitated before speaking. “Uhhh…” she stuttered in the mic. In her ear, Hyejin whispered that she didn't have to do anything she didn't want to. Everyone was staring at her due to the long pause.

 

“Oh… okay. I will.” She held the mic close to , gripping her pants. “Congratulations both of you, I really mean it. This is my gift to you guys. Thanks you for listening.” She smiled before leaving the stage.

 

“Wait don't leave yet.” The MC stated stopping Byul in her tracks. “What does the couple think about the song she performed for you guys?” Hyejin and Wheein shook their heads in disbelief.

 

Eric reached for the mic first. “Byul… Thank you so much for your performance. It reminded me of when I fell in love with her and asked Solar out for the first time. I really appreciate it. Thank you.” Smiling widely holding Solars hand.

 

The MC eyed Solar because she didn't say a word. “Eric I think Byul~shi~~ really did serenade her, she's speechless.” Byul smiled, waving her hands saying no.

 

Eric smiled at Solar, holding her hand laughing hysterically. “Good try Byul but it didn't work”.

 

“Uhmm. Thank you Byul-ah~~. Wheein and Hyejin too. Thank you.” Trying to heartfully say. Byul and the two girls leave the stage smiling at each other. Krystal links arms with Byul as they go down the steps, pinching solar's heart a little as she watched them go back to their seats.

----

“How was I guys” Byul jokes. Hyejin eyes her in disgust.

 

Awful Byul. Awful.” Hyejin playfully jokes. Wheein and Hyejin go off in their own bubble making jokes of their own in the corner.

 

“Byul you did great” Krystal hugs her.

 

“How did you even get the two kiddos to help when I didn't even tell them myself that I was coming.” She giggled.

 

Krystal eyed her. “I have my ways Byul. I am a fairy who grants wishes.” She boasts about herself. “I actually just called Hyejin before we walked in, and I had a little help of your friend from the little club who really enjoyed my presence.” Giggling while being sassy.

 

“Thank you Krystal, my fairy”. Holding her hand tightly. Smiling scrunching her nose.

---

 

Solar and Eric go through the back door as they transition to the reception. Solar stayed behind through the door she would be coming out of, and Eric went off to rehearse one more.

 

Waiting in the room with all of her bridesmaids

 

She closed her eyes for some peace, reenvisioning the performance and her past. She let out a deep sigh. She pulls the necklace out of the purse.

 

*Knock Knock*

 

“Be ready in Five Solar-shi~~” The wedding planner shouted in the whole room. Her mom comes in right after, sitting on the couch beside her daughter.

 

“I know how you feel right now.” She sighed in disbelief, resting her hand on her daughters lap. “I know you are swayed by your emotions by that stunt pulled off out there that I didn't even know about. Don't let those feelings eat you up got it.” Sternly glaring into her eyes, patting her her lap.

 

All Solar did was just sit there in silence. In disbelief, all she did was listen instead of defending herself.

 

Before leaving. She suddenly stopped at the door. “I don't mean to sound harsh, I just love you too much to see your life turn into ashes right before your eyes.” Looking back at her. “Inside your afraid to show how you feel too.” Looking down at her watch. “It's time to grow up and let go of those childish feelings.” She walked out the door without regret.

 

In silence, Solar thought about how she felt. She knew her mom's words were true too. She was too afraid to admit how she really felt about Byul, that's why she was so angry with Byul. Especially at herself. She clenched her fists with the necklace in her hand.

 

“It's time!!” The planner shouted hysterically.

 

“I will just marry Eric, and live this happy life of mine.” She walked out with the butterfly necklace on her neck, with her name embroidered. “Yongsun, My Symphony”

---------------

Cliff Hanger again...

IM SORRY, IT JUST SEEMED TOO MUCH FOR YOU GUYS TO READ!!

SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS A LONG ONE…

❤❤❤❤