Chapter 7

how'd you do that

The next day, Baekhyun and Daehyun went on a family shopping trip together. The small four year old boy walked holding Daehyuns hand while picking up every little thing.

 

"Eomma, Appa look!" He squealed holding up a large bag of Skittles.

 

"No Tae. Not today." Baekhyun spoke firmly.

 

"But why Eomma?" A disappointed expression crossed his face.

 

"Because sweeties can give you diabetes." Taehyung giggled and put the skittles back on the shelf.

 

"Eomma, how's uncle Soo these days? You don't take me with you anymore." Taehyung said, hurt leaking through his words.

 

It was silent for a while. Usually when the couple talked about Kyungsoo, they always made him seem happy and feeling better. That's why whenever they tended to visit him, Taehyung doesn't join.

 

"Because, you've been having so much fun with your friend Jungkook we didn't want to ruin you guys fun." Daehyun answered for Baekhyun. He'd been doing that a lot recently.

 

When Taehyung simply agreed, Baekhyun mouthed a thank you and kissed his cheeks. 

 

"Taehyung-ah, would you like to come with us to see uncle Kris and uncle Junmyeon?" Baekhyun asked, changing the subject.

 

The child's eyes widen and he tugged on his fathers sleeve. "Is Tao gonna be there?" His curious voice filled the quiet air.

 

"Of course he is, you know no babysitters can handle him." Daehyun joked, causing the whole family to chuckle. 

 

They continued their shopping normally until they saw a trio in the dairy section complaining which milk is better. The familiar face of a certain giant filled the family's vision.

 

"Hey that's uncle Chan-" Taehyung was cut off by Baekhyun abruptly turning the basket and going in the opposite direction. Daehyun quickly grabbed what they needed from the aisle and avoided their vision. He then quickly followed the other two.

 

They checked out as fast as possible and pulled off, leaving the outline of the shopping mart in the distance.

 

After a simple unpacking the groceries, the Jung family was once again strapping themselves back into the car and heading on their way to the Wu's house.

 

As the small black car pulled up in the driveway, a small boy with black hair sat in the front yard, playing with his panda plushie. He'd make it walk one place and did a motion as if he was fighting the rilakkuma plush that lay to the right.

 

He yells out and the rilakkuma doll is thrown to the other side. He holds the pandas hands out in victory while looking to Junmyeon and yelling "Eomma, look! Panda won!" To which he responded by clapping and congratulating Panda.

 

Before he can commence round two, Taehyung jumped from the car, giggling and asking, "Zizi, can I play?"

 

The other boy giggled as well and said, "Of course, Taehyungie!" 

 

As the two children began playing, Baekhyun and Daehyun rushed  over to the other two parents. "Code Chanyeol!" Baekhyun says in a panicked voice.

 

YiFan pulls everyone in the kitchen after telling the kids to play in the fenced backyard. Baekhyun sighs and rubs his face, which causes Junmyeon to rubs his back in a comforting motion.

 

"Tell us what happened." Junmyeon said looking to Daehyun, though Baekhyun spoke up for once.

 

"We were shopping and had to grab some eggs. Well when we went down the aisle and there he was with Minseok and Jongdae. They were fighting over something. Then Taehyung almost said 'Hey uncle Yeol' but we left. What are we gonna do about Kyungsoo?" He asked looking desperately at the two.

 

Junmyeon smirked and looked at the couple. "We know. And we have a plan."

 

"What kind of plan?" Baekhyun asks curiously. 

 

"Chanyeols birthday is coming up. Kyungsoo owns a cafe. Well known cafe. If you don't get it, we're gonna throw him a birthday party there. Boom bam done." Junmyeon explained easily. 

 

Baekhyun peeked up in excitement and continued the conversation with Junmyeon. YiFan pulled Daehyun to the backyard with the kids.

 

"So how do you feel about this whole idea?" Daehyun inquired. He was hesitant. Kyungsoo was already depressed and the cause was Chanyeol.

 

"It's not something I think is a good idea to be honest. I don't want something bad to happen to Kyungsoo. I'm honestly scared, Daehyun." He said looking to said male. His eyes glazed over in tears.

 

"So why'd you agree. I mean I'm one hundred percent with you." 

 

"Did you see their eyes when they talked about the plan. They looked so happy I couldn't take that away." 

 

"We'll just have to keep a watch out for him." Daehyun said firmly. 

 

The conversation then ended when Tao and Taehyung came running up to them and drug them over to the tree to play.