Chapter 13

how'd you do that

Upon arrival at the hospital, they rushed Kyungsoo to the Emergency Room, saying he needed a blood transfusion. The surgery would take at least an hour, but they couldn't begin yet. The reason was because the freezer in which the blood type Kyungsoo needed was held was empty.

Apparently a janitorial mistake caused the freezer to go out, and no one knew until the next day.

The doctor came up to Chanyeol, her eyes sparkling. "Sir, I apologize but we have no blood type A for the transfusion."

"I- We have the same blood type you can use mine." He responded quickly, wanting Kyungsoo to make it.

"Are you two related?"

"No."

"Well, I can only use a blood relative, unless I have the consent of the patient."

"I-I'm his... fiancé. I didn't want to say it over the phone." It was the first thought that came to his head, but he was happy it worked. A nurse pulled him into the room and he shielded his eyes from the needle.

Soon two pints were in a bag, being wheeled to the surgery room. The whole hour that they worked on Kyungsoo, Chanyeol stared helplessly at the floor. His mind was hoping, and his heart was breaking.

He cried for the words he wishes he'd told Kyungsoo. He cried until tears were dry, but the guilt remained.

Two and a half hours later, a doctor approached Chanyeol cautiously and and tapped his shoulder. A small smile shown on his face as he said, "Mr. Park? He's awake now."

With no other words, Chanyeol broke out into a run and sped down to where Kyungsoos room was.
---
Slowly, Kyungsoos eyes opened. He groaned, angry he was still in this stupid world, where pain was bound to be. He saw the stitches lining his forearm up to his elbow.

He wondered why he'd made the decision. It was simply an idea that he acted on impulse. He shifted on the hospital bed, causing the IV in his arm to pull him to the left. Huffing, he laid on his back and stared at the barren ceiling.

Suddenly the door shot open and in rushed the one person Kyungsoo wasn't so excited to see. The giant came in and sat in the chair next to Kyungsoo's bed. His red rimmed eyes and tear stained cheeks struck a nerve in Kyungsoos chest, though he refused to let it show on his face.

"Why'd you do it?" Chanyeol finally spoke up, refusing to hold eye contact. "I'd never thought you'd be one to just run away."

Kyungsoo scoffed, "Like you're one to talk."

"Elaborate."

"Don't think I'd ever forget the day you left. You just went and left your friends, family, me. We were all worried. I was heartbroken. And guess what? I never told anyone about the note you gave me like you asked.

No matter how many times I had to look into Yooras face and see the pain she physically went through.

Do you know how many days I spent wondering when you'd come back for me like you promised?

And look, it's been 2 years, and you finally come back. In fact, you've been back for months now, and not once have I moved or changed my number, waiting for you to come save me.

And to think, I still love you, because deep down I never stopped. And my mind is so ed, I thought you loved." He finished, hyperventilating.

Chanyeol noticed and tried to calm him down. He seriously said, "Kyungsoo, I do."

"Oh, you do? I wouldn't have guessed considering I was left alone for two ing years." Tears ran down down Kyungsoos face without him noticing.

"Well would you look at that." He mumbled releasing low sobs.He laughed sarcastically and wipes his face. It was like he couldn't control his own emotions.

"Soo." Chanyeol said, grabbing Kyungsoos waist and holding him tightly.

"No! Stop, get away from me!" Kyungsoo weakly hit at Chanyeols chest. Yet to the olders surprise, he gave up and hugged him back tightly.

His frail fingers gripping the back of Chanyeols shirt with the fear of him slipping away stuck in the crevices of his mind.

"Don't sorry I'm not stupid anymore. I won't leave you again." As the words left his mouth, a warm feeling engulfed Kyungsoo. Chanyeol kisses his temple and smiled, falling asleep hugging the small broken boy. They snuggled and released small snores from their mouths.

As they lay, they missed the the six set of eyes cooing at the sight