Chapter 14

how'd you do that

One week later

The couple was sat in the center of Kyungsoos small apartment, in silence, just staring at each other.

"Yeollie?" Kyungsoo called out with a small voice. The silence was scaring him, once again.

"I'm here Soo, don't worry." Chanyeol reassured him.

"No, that's not it." Kyungsoo laid his head in Chanyeols lap, bopping his nose and smiling.

"Well then what is it?" Chanyeol said, kissing his knuckles, after catching his hands. He smiled at Kyungsoo, happy to see the familiar heart shape he missed.

"Maybe you should go visit your family. I'm sure they missed you."

"Sure we can-"

"No. Just you." Kyungsoo cut in, shutting down Chanyeols ideas. The older was confused, because why would Kyungsoo not want to come. Before he could ask, Kyungsoo continued. "They've seen enough of me while you were gone, especially Yoora. You go. I'll be fine."

Chanyeol didn't know whether or not to trust Kyungsoo, at least alone that is.

"I'll stay with Baekhyun, don't worry. I'd never do anything in front of Taehyung." That was the only reassurance Chanyeol needed.

"I guess I'll surprise them, but first I'm taking you to Dae and Baeks. I don't wanna take any chances." Chanyeol spoke seriously, looking directly in his eyes, showing he wasn't leaving until Kyungsoo was securely where he's supposed to be.

"Cmon, lets lay down now." Kyungsoo grabbed Chanyeols wrist and pulled him to the bedroom. There they lay down, with Chanyeols large frame covering Kyungsoo. Almost like a shield guarding the damaged from the terrible fight in front of them.

(Sleeping time for da Chansoo couple)

Kyungsoo heard the alarm he set for them blaring next to him. He moved to turn it off, but there was a weight constricting his body. He turned and looked right in the eyes of a pouting Chanyeol.

"Why the sad face?"

"I don't wanna leave you! Especially not today." Chanyeol said, his frown deepening. He hugged Kyungsoo tighter and shook his whole body, laughing when he heard a muffled, "Just do it for me." He was surprised Kyungsoo wasn't trying to hit him and say "Put me down!"

"Fine," he huffed, pulling them both out of bed. They grabbed his suitcases and began filling them with clothes, Kyungsoo shoving Chanyeol out the way and saying, "You'll have more space if you fold them first."

With an argument here and there they finally finished, a bag for Kyungsoo and two suitcases for Chanyeol.

They walked hand in hand to Baekhyun and Daehyuns shared apartment. When they knocked, Taehyung answered the door. "Uncle Soo! Uncle Yeol!" He hugged them both jumping with joy and repeatedly yelling "I missed you!"

"Where's your mom and dad? They should have told you not to answer the door." Kyungsoo looked at Taehyung disappointed in his friends parenting skills.

"They're sleeping. Wanna scare them?" Taehyung mischievously smirked, and Chanyeol swore he could see the resemblance to Daehyun.

"Yes." Was all Kyungsoo said, an evil smirk playing on his face. "But first, Uncle Yeol has to go so why don't we tell him bye?"

"Okay. Bye Uncle Yeol." Taehyung jumped in the giants arms, kissing his cheek. "Make sure you come back, okay?" When Chanyeol nodded, Taehyung left to get cereal.

When the young one was out of sight, Chanyeol grabbed Kyungsoo by the waist and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Take care of yourself, okay?" Chanyeol said, looking into Kyungsoos deep chocolate orbs.

"I won't do anything. I promise."

"Pinky?" Chanyeol childishly held out his pinky hooking Kyungsoos with his. When they brought their pinkies together, they sealed the promise with a small kiss, a kiss that Chanyeol smiled into because he missed the feeling of Kyungsoos lips against his.

Once they finished, Chanyeol kissed his temple and whispered goodbye, which Kyungsoo whispered right back.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
When Chanyeol entered his house, he was pulled into three different hugs, with three big smacks to the back of his head.

"Don't you dare pull that again! Do you know how bad you affected Kyungsoo?" His mother yelled, tears forming in her eyes.

The thing that confused Chanyeol was why had she brought up Kyumgsoo and not what they went through. "Yeah, I know. I went to him first." He looked at the ground.

"That boy is basically my son and if you hurt him one more time, I'll take you out of this world faster than I brought you in it!" She scolded, scaring the living daylights out of him.

"Wait, mom, say that again." Chanyeol told her, pulling out his phone and recording what she said.

"Kyungsoo is basically my son and if you hurt him one mor-"

"Okay, thank you!" Chanyeol smiled, saving the recording to send to Kyungsoo.

She smacked the back of his head again, and kissed his cheek after that.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Kyungsoo was just getting out of the shower. He was babysitting Taehyung for Daehyun and Baekhyun because they wanted a date night, and Kyungsoo wouldn't refuse.

He put on his sweatpants and grabbed his towel to dry his hair, sitting on the couch.

"Uncle Kyungsoo, are you a fighter?" Taehyung asked curiously.

"Why?" A confused voice came from Kyungsoos mouth, though there was a sight hint of curiosity.

"Cause Umma says that when there's a fighter who's been battling for a long time, he has the scars to prove it. He says only winners make it out. Strong people. So, are you a fighter?"

Tears made their way into Kyungsoos large eyes as he looked to Taehyung. When they fell, Taehyung rushed to hug and comfort him. "It doesn't matter if you may have lost at one point, you're strong enough to me." Taehyung whispered, crying along with Kyungsoo.

"Tae, if you ever need to just get away from your parents, because trust me, they're annoying s, come visit me and Yeol. Or if you just wanna talk to someone, you can talk to me."

"Okay, I will."

"And Tae?" Kyungsoo said rubbing his back. When Taehyung looked up to signal he was listening, Kyungsoo said, "Your Umma taught you right." They smiled and shared another hug.

"Enough with the sad, let's play Monopoly!" Taehyung shouted, shifting the sad topic.

"Okay, but no sore losers!" Kyungsoo stuck his tongue out, showing Taehyung he was all in, though after the first round, Kyungsoo was pouting because he lost.