Chapter 10

how'd you do that

!!!DOUBLE UPDATE TYPE THING (IDK HEHE)!!!

The sky was a mix of grey clouds and the bright blue, hinting a possible storm. Chanyeol slowed down and enjoyed the feel of before a storm. The warm air surrounding his large being, the small sweet pungent zing in his nostrils.

A small smile graced his lips as he asked, "You love the rain. Remember our first date?"

Kyungsoo chuckled. "Yeah and the rain invaded everything. I really didn't expect for us to dance in it."

"Heat of the moment. You enjoyed it, though. Don't deny it!" A blush crept on Kyungsoos face, because he, in fact, couldn't deny it was the best day of his miserable life.

"I can't believe we were only sixteen. Gosh, we were so young! Both our parents were surprised." The memories that flooded their minds were ones of fear and dread of coming out. There was also relief after both their parents supported them whole heartedly. Then the rest filled with love.

They soon arrived after small talk here and there. A seat near the window was being occupied by a small boy with pink hair, across from him, a goofy larger boy with green and blonde hair.

"Ah, good ole Jin's Diner. Place still looks the same." A faint real smile takes over Kyungsoos face. Jin's Diner was where they spent their one month anniversary.

They sat in the back, away from the main area, ordering a single chocolate milkshake to share, just like old times. Namjoon rounded the corner with his dimples peeking through his cheeks. "Good to see you back."

"Good to be back!" Chanyeol cheekily replied. Although it's been 2 years, it felt like an eternity since Chanyeol had felt the comfort of all the familiar faces he thought were boring his mind.

While Namjoon pulled Chanyeol into a conversation, Jin talked to Kyungsoo, sliding in the booth next to him. He placed french fries down on the table and looked to the smallest as he stuffed his mouth.

"So how are you with all this?" He whispered, watching Kyungsoo carefully.

He missed the twitch in his head, because he reached for another fry. The cautious voice once again said, "Be careful. Don't get hurt. One wrong move and something might happen."

"I'm fine with it. I really missed him. I-I'm happy he's back." Lies. It hurts you terribly. You trusted him to easily, now look where you're at.

"I'm glad he's back too! I mean Tae and Kookie absolutely love him. Who else would watch them." Jin chuckled, but Kyungsoo was too far in a daze to realize it. Namjoon noticed and pulled Jin away, using the open shop as an excuse.

"Kyungsoo, are you okay?" Chanyeols concern fell from his mouth.

A dark, empty chuckled came from Kyungsoo, slight tears stinging the corners of his eyes. "Honestly, nope. I'm no where near okay. At least I thought I was."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm way better now."

"I'm still confused. Can you explain it please?" Chanyeol said fearing the worst.

Kyungsoo had to think quick. He said the first thing that came to his mind. "I-I moved on."

"You did?" Chanyeol felt a pang in his chest. He knew Kyungsoo was too good to be held down. It shouldn't be a surprise that someone would reclaim his heart.

"Yeah. All you have to do is find something better than before."

"But, wait, how'd you do that?"

Panic. It spread throughout his entire being, a cold sweat breaking out on his forehead. The color drained from his cheeks as he stared at the table. He felt terrible for sitting in front of Chanyeol. He felt even worse for lying to his face.

Chanyeol sounded genuinely curious, even though there was pain. He sounded happy for Kyungsoo. He most likely knew that he hurt him, broke him beyond repair.

"Even I don't even know the answer to that, because I honestly don't think I ever did."

Before Chanyeol could respond, he got up and left, waving to Jin and running as fast as his legs could take him. Back to the safety of his apartment.

----