Outcast part 2 (Chaennie)

Blackpink Shots // Fluff & Angst collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Spill Kim.” Jisoo deadpans, placing her arms at the two sides of the chair, effectively locking Jennie between her arms. Jennie simply rolls her eyes, crossing her legs before leaning against Jisoo’s arm, letting out a small yawn. 

 

“You’re calling me Kim as if you’re not one too, and there’s nothing to spill.” Jennie says, eyes fluttering close as she continues to lean against Jisoo’s arm, the girl clicking her tongue before removing her arm, making Jennie’s head jerk up in surprise. 

 

“That’s just mean.” 

 

“You and Park there, is there something really going on? I thought you got all nervous just because she was cute or something, but I didn’t expect you to be that whipped for her.” 

 

“There’s absolutely nothing going on,” Jennie replies, the heat creeping up her neck already giving her away. 

 

Rolling her eyes, Jisoo places her hands back where they were, locking Jennie in again. Leaning in, she whispers next to the girl’s ear, “Sure, you’re literally burning red at the thought of having something with her, Jendeuk you’re too obvious.” 

 

Jennie scoffs before pushing the girl away, Jisoo’s laughter lingering in her ear. “Whatever.” Jennie mumbles in defeat. Her best friend seemed to have this incredible sixth sense and Jennie loved and hated it at the same time. 

 

“Oh sorry! Am I interrupting something?” 

 

Both girls turn to the voice simultaneously, an embarrassed Chaeyoung coming into view. 

 

“Oh .” Jennie pushes Jisoo away, quickly standing up from the chair and from their extremely intimate position a few seconds before. 

 

“Ah! We weren’t doing anything!” Jennie shoots out, quickly straightening her uniform in case Chaeyoung had the wrong idea. 

 

“No it’s okay, no one comes back this early during lunch break anyway so…”

 

Jennie raises a brow, watching as Chaeyoung sits back down on her seat, ruffling through her bag before fishing out a lunchbox. Chaeyoung grabs her utensils, the clinking of metal echoed throughout the empty classroom making her cringe as she quickly glances around the room. 

 

Jennie eyes widened ever so slightly when they made eye contact, the girl casting Chaeyoung a smile, as if assuring her that she wouldn’t tell on her. 


 

Eating in classrooms were prohibited after all. 


 

Jennie drags Jisoo back to their seats, her best friend taking out her phone before starting a game of brawl stars. 


 

Using their phones in class were prohibited too. 


 

But Jennie wasn’t a traitor, and besides, Jisoo had offered her a month’s supply of chocolate, so she wasn’t complaining. 

 

Jennie watches Chaeyoung out of the corner of her eye, seeing the girl shove spoonfuls of rice into , inhaling the food she brought. The sight made Jennie giggle, gaining her a sharp look from the latter, before Chaeyoung’s gaze softened when their eyes met. Chaeyoung watches as Jennie gets up from her seat, giving Jisoo a small shove when the girl sends her a questioning look, before walking towards her. 

 

“Hey,” Jennie says as she plops down on the seat next to Chaeyoung, that seat having always been empty since the start of school. Chaeyoung was the class nerd anyway. 

 

“Hey? Sorry, am I disturbing you? I can go to the canteen and eat if I’m disturbing you.” Chaeyoung rambles on as she prepares to close her lunchbox, making Jennie chuckle, grabbing her wrist to stop her. 

 

“It’s fine, you’re not disturbing me, I just… wanted to talk? I realised I never got to talk to you even when we’ve been in the same class for close to half a year.” Jennie chuckles awkwardly, rubbing her nape as her eyes darted around the empty classroom. 

 

Chaeyoung lets out a small “oh” before capping back her lunchbox, barely halfway through with her lunch. “What do you want to talk about?” 

 

Jennie blinks in surprise, “Oh, you don’t have to stop eating just to talk to me, I was prepared to talk to you while you ate, so… yeah just eat it’s fine.” A sheepish smile ended Jennie’s embarrassing ramble, the head prefect’s cheeks burning red. 

 

Chaeyoung giggles softly before uncapping her lunchbox, continuing to eat as Jennie finally asked, “Why are you eating in class by the way, I realised I never got to ask you that question.” 

 

Chaeyoung’s spoon freezes midway to , a small dry chuckle coming out of instead. “Hmm, I guess that’s because the canteen’s really crowded and most of the people eating there are in cliques, so i guess it’s kinda awkward if I eat there all alone and besides, it’s really noisy too so I’d rather eat in here.” 

 

Jennie’s heart dropped at the girl’s reason, wanting to slap herself for asking such a stupid question. Trying to salvage the solution, Jennie laughs before taking out her bun she bought from the canteen and eating it. “Nah I get it, I go down most of the time, but today I was feeling some peace and quiet too.” 

 

Chaeyoung sends her a soft smile, eyes crinkling into crescents before they lapsed into a comfortable silence, both girls finishing up their lunch. In what felt like a few minutes, the bell rang and students started streaming in, Jennie quickly crushing her wrapper and stuffing it in her pocket — can’t have the head prefect setting a bad example. 

 

“I’ll talk to you soon?” Jennie says as she stands up, tossing the wrapper in the bin outside. Jennie takes Chaeyoung’s hand in hers, the other girl’s eyes widening in surprise. Giving Chaeyoung’s hand a soft squeeze, Jennie smiles, “See you later.” 




 

//




 

Jennie yawns, rubbing her eyes lazily as she smoothes out her uniform. Staring into the mirror, Jennie adjusts her tie, straightening out her collar before slinging her bags over her shoulders. Grabbing a bun from the basket of bread, Jennie shouts a loud “bye!” to her parents which were barely out of bed, to which the duo peeked their heads out and waved goodbye. 

 

Jennie tosses the bun into her bag, before hesitating and taking it out, placing it back into the basket of bread. Maybe she’ll go down to the canteen for lunch today…

 

Fishing out her phone, Jennie quickly texts Jisoo to tell her of their sudden change in plans; they plan their lunches, where Mondays and Tuesdays are “stay in class and bring your own food” days and they’d go down for lunch on the other days. 

 

Of course, it did take her clique a while before getting used to their schedule, since their ten-people clique would be a little hard to coordinate sometimes due to the vastly different personalities of her friends, but somehow they made it work out. Occasionally, Irene and Sooyoung would join their classroom lunches when they too get too tired of the loudness of their clique. 

 

Don’t get Jennie wrong, she loves every one of them. Yeeun and Elkie was the more tolerable two, even though their display of affection can be overwhelming occasionally, Jennie would never admit she found them cute. Sooyoung and Irene were deemed the tom and jerry of their clique, and Jennie is surprised Wendy hasn’t boiled with jealousy yet; they all knew how whipped the other girl was for Irene anyway, albeit it being one-sided. Irene seemed to have a special relationship with their physcial education teacher anyway. Jungkook and Hoseok was pretty chill too, but their whole group just attracted too much attention in general. 


 

Literally everyone stares at their table during lunch. 


 

Jennie could do without so much attention sometimes; giving speeches in front of the whole school was more than enough attention for her. 


 

Jennie locks the door before smili

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter