Run into my arms (Lisoo)

Blackpink Shots // Fluff & Angst collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hey lisoo fans! y’all probably being extremely well fed by me from the “double” lisoo update (one in n one in here) but this is for a certain bday girl (you should know who you are) and sorry it isn’t a chaennie bb ik u love them but wtv I FORCED THIS OUT IM SORRY FOR THE CONTENT BUT ENJOY AS I SUFFER IN EXAMS!! >~<

 

 

 

Jisoo squints as the light rays peaked through the gap between her curtains, taunting her as morning arrived.


 

Wait. Morning?


 

Jisoo leaped out of her bed, fumbling for her phone and turning it on. When the bold 8.36 came into view with 27 messages, Jisoo curses under her breath.


 

Of course she’d be late on her only competition day. Why did she even try? It was her last year and she barely achieved anything in these four years in track and field. Jisoo was always a long distance runner, but she wasn’t a great one either, so… imagine her practically empty competition list. Jisoo had only agreed to go to this competition because everyone was required to, so being the fool she was, she signed up for the 200m and 400m race. What she hated about sprints was well… the starting blocks. Blame Jisoo for being a tracker but she absolutely does not understand how that helps her to run any faster, if anything, it gives her more anxiety at the thought of falling at the very start of the race.

 

But Jisoo has always pride herself in being a good senior, one who was on time. So Jisoo dragged her feet to the shower, stripping her clothes and braced herself before blasting the icy cold water, her muscles immediately tensing and waking her up. Shivering, Jisoo quickly switched to the warm water to relax her tense muscles.

 

In about five minutes, the girl was done and she started sweating in her double layered t-shirts. She hated everything about this; the anxiety hitting her, the fear that she’d be late, the fear that she’d die halfway through the race.




 

It was a dreadful twenty minutes train ride before Jisoo ran all the way to the stadium, huffing and puffing as she arrived, gaining her a few stares on her way in. Seeing their all too familiar blue jersey, Jisoo approached the group, careful not to interrupt their coach’s pep talk for them before the race.

 

Scanning the surroundings, Jisoo met up with a few other trackers in the sprints group, before starting her workout with them.

 

It was about half an hour later where their names were called and Jisoo and her members were pinning on their number tags for each other. Sitting down in a row, Jisoo’s heart thumped against her chest at the tense atmosphere. The other competitors were either stretching or relaxing, but Jisoo couldn’t bring herself to do either one. She was the senior and although she had always told her juniors that it was going to be okay and all they had to do was try her best, Jisoo just knew her best wasn’t enough. She was a distance runner for crying out loud! Why was she here competing with a bunch of trained sprinters? Sighing loudly, Jisoo slumped in her seat in despair.

 

The girl next to her whipped around to look at her, and judging from the constant shaking of the girl’s toned legs, Jisoo guesses she’s nervous too. The girl sends her a tight lipped smile, as if understanding Jisoo’s nervousness.

 

At least she’s nice about it. If she’s going to be in lane one and i’m in lane two, we’re probably going to be running together.

 

Jisoo scanned the girl’s belongings, a sewn on “Lisa” on her shoe bag.


 

Huh. Lisa. Sounds familiar.




 

The run was absolute .




 

Jisoo should’ve known better than to actually enter a competition she wasn’t confident in.

 

She’s probably going to be known as the last runner for this 400m race now. Gosh, what an embarrassment. She was doing well the first 150m but when she hit the 200m mark, it was as if someone just grabbed her calf muscle and squeezed it as hard as they could, because Jisoo just experienced the worst cramp in her life, which rendered her right leg practically useless. The only reason she finished her race was due to her sheer willpower to not embarrass herself further. Jisoo was practically dragging her right leg along as she jogged till the finishing line.


 

Such an embarrassment.


 

Jisoo couldn’t even find her coach amidst the crowd, and she wasn’t sure if she wanted to. She was sure he’d have a lot to say to her. He definitely would. Jisoo could already hear the echoes of “why didn’t you doseflex your ankles? Why didn’t you keep your knees up?” Jisoo sighed. At least her track career would be over in two months time.

 

The girl, Lisa, on the other hand, seemed absolutely fine after the race. Jisoo could see already her overtaking her at the 50m mark, and although Jisoo knew the girl had long legs, she didn’t expect her to be that fast. The only thing good that cane out of this whole race is that at the finishing line, Jisoo sees a familiar girl walking towards her with an ice cold bottle of water, a newly plastered smile on her face.

 

“Cramps can be tough, don’t be too hard on yourself.” The girl says as she passes her the bottle, Jisoo’s legs barely holding on.

 

“Thanks, good job by the way.”

 

They exchange smiles and the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter