World Of Colour (Chaennie)

Blackpink Shots // Fluff & Angst collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hey guys! before you start reading, is there any exo fans here? my sis wrote an exo fic, and it’s really under appreciated so if y’all could drop by and give her a sub, i’ll forever be grateful :) it’s called Player #88

 

 

 

 

I never knew why the world was so dull…






 

It was always black and white.

 

I never even knew what “colour” meant. We had talks about this, saying how when you meet the perfect one, we’d understand what the hype was about.

 

And truly, it was beautiful.

 

I always thought there would never be spice in my life, and I’d live like this forever… with the surrounding world always being black and white.

 

However, I guess there’ll always be a happy phase in someone’s life.


 

Because all that changed.


 

And that was when I met you.


 

My soulmate,


 

Jennie Kim.






 

~~






 

“Hey Chaeyoung!”

 

Chaeyoung turned to the voice, letting out a polite small smile.

 

Chaeyoung was fifteen, and she was already one of the most popular girls in school. Being in volleyball really had it’s perks when everyone started treating the B-division girls as if they were queens. Winning against Seoul High was their biggest achievement yet, and beating them two years in a row was a dream that they’d never phantomed. Chaeyoung was the setter of the group, and believe her, it was absolutely hell for her when she’d just joined. She had to set the ball for a good one and a half hours every training, and training was three times a week.

 

Chaeyoung was also very thankful that her coach pushed her so hard though. She was probably the best setter in their volleyball team. And she was proud to gain that title.

 


As Chaeyoung continued walking, she was greeted with a few more ‘hello’s and ‘hey’s. However, what caught her attention was the shushed yet obviously excited murmuring of her clique.

 

Seulgi was leaning against the wall, a bright smile plastered on her face. And Chaeyoung would note that it was brighter than usual. Lisa and Sooyoung seemed to mirror each other’s small cheeky smirk, the glint in their eyes telling Chaeyoung that they knew something that would embarrass Seulgi.

 

Approaching her group, Chaeyoung placed both her palms onto Lisa’s shoulder, peeking over the said girl, a small pout on her face.

“What’s up with Kanggseul here?” Chaeyoung asks, laying her chin on Lisa’s shoulder.

 

Seulgi smiles before turning to her side in an attempt to hide her reddening cheeks.

 

“Oh- oh oh? Is Kanggseul… blushing?” Chaeyoung teases, stepping forward to turn Seulgi’s head to face her.

 

“No- no.” Seulgi’s voice cracks embarrassingly, the smirks on her friend’s faces not helping her burning cheeks to cool.

 

“Kang here can see your hair colour.”

 

Chaeyoung raises an eyebrow, turning to face Lisa.

 

“My hair colour? Don’t you just see black too? Well yeah, I dyed it, but I never told you guys what colour it is.”

 

Lisa shrugs.

 

“It might be, but all we see is black and white, how would we know? Your hair looks dark grey to me, but Seulgi here says its?” Lisa trails off, nudging the girl, asking her to answer.

 

Sighing, Seulgi replies, “Strawberry blonde.”

 

Chaeyoung seemed to be taken aback by the comment, a look of disbelief taking over her features.

 

“Strawberry blonde?”

 

Seeing Seulgi’s nod, Chaeyoung blinked.

 

“Damn. She’s right. It really is strawberry blonde. I-I got this hairdresser who could see colours to dye it strawberry blonde.”

 

“So… who’s the lucky guy?” Sooyoung asks with a grin, nudging the girl playfully.

 

Seulgi tensed up at the question, the usual bubbly girl now losing her confidence and shrinking back in awkwardness.

 

“OH- erm i don’t think you know them.” Seulgi says with a tight-lipped smile, and clears when she sees all three of her friends stare at her.

 

“But-”

 

“Okay then, well… i’m happy for you seulgi.” Chaeyoung quickly cuts Sooyoung off, her inner voice telling her that Seulgi, for some reason, was extremely uncomfortable with telling them who she was in love with.

 

Chaeyoung ignores the questioning look from Lisa and Sooyoung, and focuses on Seulgi’s appreciative glint in her eye. Chaeyoung also noticed how Seulgi’s eyes left her’s and seemed to be following someone.

 

And when the bell rang and they broke apart, Chaeyoung turned to the direction Seulgi was looking at, only to see a certain jet black hair girl staring at the opposite direction.

 

At Seulgi.


 

No wonder.


 

The girl must have felt eyes on her as her eyes tore away from Seulgi’s back and locked with Chaeyoung’s. Sending the girl a soft smile, Chaeyoung’s heart fuzzed up when the girl’s usual cold eyes changed into shocked warm ones.


 

Bae will make a good girlfriend.




 

//




 

“B Div! Gather!”

 

Chaeyoung stopped her conversation with Minkyung and Alice when they heard their coach shout.

 

Dragging their feets to the coach, Chaeyoung noticed a smaller girl sitting next to him, all geared up and wearing their jersey.

 

“Girls, there’s about four more months till your competition, and we have a new DSA student. I know it’s late, but she’s one of the best players I’ve seen. Usually I wouldn’t let anyone in the team this late, but as you all know, Faith, our spiker, is injured.” The coach frowns as he delivers the message, stepping aside to let the team see the new transfer student.

 

“She’s Jennie Kim. And she- had to leave her previous school, but we will all welcome her warmly am I right?”

 

With a resounding “yes”, the coach nods his head proudly.


 

“She will be our new spiker.”


 

And that’s when Chaeyoung’s world changed.




 

//




 

Chaeyoung always lived her life knowing that she had a soulmate; probably a tall, handsome and well-mannered guy. With that, she would be able to see the countless different colours in the world. Maybe she’d even get to see what was the famous “rainbow” all about. Supposedly it was extremely beautiful and pretty rare.

 

But with fourteen years of living in the absence of colour, Chaeyoung had gotten accustomed to the darkness. No, it wasn’t pretty per say, but it was good enough for her.


 

But she can’t help but feel a tinge of longing when she gets the information that one by one, her friends start knowing – seeing – her strawberry blonde hair.


 

It was pretty unfair.


 

However, Chaeyoung knew she couldn’t force it onto the world of soulmates. It just didn’t work like that. Sometimes, your soulmate might actually be standing right next to you, or they might be at the opposite end of the world, or they might not even be around anymore.

 

Chaeyoung shivered at the last thought.


 

Was she going to live her life, not only without colour, but without love too?


 

Now that was brutal.


 

So Chaeyoung just continued as per normal, going to school every Monday to Friday, learning about the most mundane things in the world.

 

But on a mundane Monday, Chaeyoung’s most hated day of the week, she started seeing small changes around her.

 

No, she wasn’t talking about how Lisa was seemingly glowing for the past few days. No, she wasn’t talking about Park Sooyoung talking to yet another foreign exchange student from America with his typical blue dreamy eyes. And no, she wasn’t talking about how Seulgi and Irene had been hanging out for a good ten minutes outside of their classroom, not one of them wanting to go in yet although the bell was going to ring in a matter of minutes.

 

She was talking about sparks.


 

Sparks that she could see around her.


 

Small sparks of glowing…


 

colour?


 

Chaeyoung stayed rooted to the ground, her eyebrows creasing into a deep frown.

 

Are they really colours?

 

Chaeyoung quickened her steps to Seulgi, the closest to her.

 

“Sorry to interrupt Irene unnie, but I really need to talk to Seulgi for a minute.” Chaeyoung blurted out, chest still heaving up and down.

 

Seeing Chaeyoung’s frantic state, Irene send her an encouraging smile with a small squeeze of the shoulder, as if she knew what Chaeyoung was going through.

 

And with the nod of her head, Chaeyoung muttered a soft “thank you” before tugging Seulgi to her locker.

 

“Chae are you okay?”

 

Chaeyoung runs her fingers through her hair, sighing deeply.

 

Pointing to the locker next to hers, and be then that was filled with stickers pasted on the door, Chaeyoung asks, “What colour is this pikachu sticker?”

 

Seulgi raised her brow but answers anyway.

 

“Yellow.”

 

Chaeyoung swallows nervously.

 

“Then what is the colour of this heart?”

 

“Red?”

 

Chaeyoung takes in a sharp breath.

 

“What colour is your hair?”

 

Recognition finally settles into Seulgi’s eyes – her chocolate brown eyes – and the confused glint in her eyes was now replaced with one of excitement.

 

“B-blonde.”

 

Seeing Chaeyoung’s stunned face, Seulgi grins happily, engulfing her friend in a hug.

 

“I’m happy for you.”



 

//




 

Chaeyoung should’ve just stayed contented with her small splashes of colour, stayed contented with the occasional ability to see her own hair colour.


 

But she was curious.


 

Why did it only happen in school?


 

Chaeyoung didn’t get it. She absolutely loved the new world. The trees were green, the sky was a pretty shade of blue, and damn, she didn’t even know that her uniform was a dark shade of blue.

 

But Chaeyoung notices something too.

 

Occasionally, the specks of colour would disappear even when she was in school.

 

It was also common for the colours to appear more when she was in volleyball practice.

 

So, naturally, Chaeyoung started loving volleyball practice so much more.




 

//




 

“Chae!”

 

Chaeyoung turns to the voice, seeing Minkyung jog to her, waving her phone with a bright smile.

 

“Are you going to the volleyball camp?”

 

Chaeyoung gently took the phone out of Minkyung’s hand, reading the message recently sent out to their group.

 

“8th February? It’s a friday overnight camp right?”

 

Alice pops out of nowhere, arms linking with Minkyung.

 

“Yep! Oh Chae please tell me you’re going!”

 

Chaeyoung giggles at her friend’s attempted cuteness, shoving her in the shoulder before grabbing her water bottle.

 

“I’ll see if i have anything on then!”


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter