Karate Lesson (Jensoo main // Chaelisa side)

Blackpink Shots // Fluff & Angst collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: fyi! Osu= a greeting or just a phrase that one says when learning Karate, can be used just as a form of respect or an answer. Senpai=  someone more senior than you. Sensei= the coach or teacher. ENJOY!)

 

Jennie mouthed the lyrics of the current song playing and tapped get feet to the beat. She pressed the home button of her iPhone and the screen lit up and showed the time 8:15pm.

 

“Whoops, I guess our Sensei’s late.” Jennie laughed to herself.

 

Jennie's Sensei was a 50 year old man who holds a 2nd Dan black belt. He could have pursued Karate further and easily gotten up to the 4th Dan black belt but he would wave her off and say that he was too old and couldn't be bothered to try. It was hard to get promoted actually. To get another Dan in the black belt, he has to fight 20 people in a row, each person for 2 minutes. And they wouldn't go easy on him.

 

Jennie smiled to herself when she opened her bag to take out her Karate Gi. (A/N: Gi is a word for uniform) She was a green belt senior, while Lisa, her bestfriend, was a yellow belt senior. Jennie loved to pick on Lisa whenever class started — she was a grade higher than Lisa so the younger one had to give her the respect she deserved in class. That younger girl always teases her and hits her outside class so Jennie loves Karate lessons — they had sparring lessons and she could hit Lisa as hard as she wanted to because of how sturdy the younger’s and were.

 

After changing into her Gi, Jennie sat on the bench, noticing that everything was the same except for something — there was a girl sitting on the same bench as her, just that she was at the other end of it.

 

Jennie shrugged and started skimming through her Instagram pictures while bobbing her head to the next song on her playlist. Just as Sejeong was singing her high note in Flower Road, a foreign voice yet not so foreign interrupted her, making her flick open her eyes and stare at the person.

 

“Hey Jennie, this is my friend, Jisoo. Jisoo, that’s Jennie.” Seth said while pointing at the girl and then back to Jennie.

 

“Hey.” Jennie said and gave a curt nod to the girl who was sitting next to her on the bench.

 

“Erm…” Jisoo started.

 

Jennie noticed how Jisoo fiddled with her fingers when Seth walked away, leaving Jennie looking straight at Jisoo, an eyebrow raised and having her full attention on that girl.

 

Sure, Jennie wants to hear Sejeong’s heavenly high note and she was most definitely going to rewind the song so that she could hear it, but something tells her that Jisoo had something to say to her.

 

And when Jisoo final spat it out, Jennie’s eyes widened at how dumb it sounded.

 

“Jennie… Are you… Teaching this class?” Jisoo asked, a small smile on her face.

 

Jennie almost spat out her saliva and started laughing and wheezing at how interested Jisoo looked.

 

After a short moment of coughing, Jennie answered, “No? I'm just a green belt, still about 4 more promotions to the black belt. You're so cute.”

 

Jisoo flushed red and lowered her head. Jennie frowned, why was that girl being so shy? But that was really funny though, Jennie being a teacher.

 

“Okay come, class start.” The Sensei boomed with a bright smile on his face. Jennie nodded to herself and tightened the knot on her green belt.

 

Jennie walked to her rightful place, first row, all the way to the right. The place where the most senior person stands. She stood up straight, both hands closed into fists and placed in front of her hip. She waited for Lisa and Chaeyoung to get out of the toilet, she would never go in to look for them again after that incident. Ew, her eyes were scarred — she never thought that Lisa was capable of doing things like that.

 

As if on cue, Lisa and Chaeyoung emerged from the toilet, both in their Gi. Both Lisa and Chaeyoung was yellow belt but since Chaeyoung was older, she would stand in the middle of Jennie and Lisa. Jennie caught the smirk directed at her when Lisa let go of Chaeyoung’s hand and wiped her lips. Jennie just squinted her eyes and pretended to gag.

 

Jennie looked around and spotted Jisoo still sitting on the bench, eyes wandering around, as if trying to figure out what to do. Jennie chuckled and bowed to her Sensei before excusing herself and ignoring the stares from Lisa and Chaeyoung and walking towards Jisoo and telling her in a soft tone, “Hey Jisoo. You're going Karate today right?”

 

Jisoo replied with a small nod so Jennie continued, “Follow me then.”

 

Jennie held Jisoo’s hand and led her to her Sensei. “Osu! Sensei, today Jisoo is joining us.” Lisa and Chaeyoung said their “hi”s and her Sensei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter