"Prove him wrong, Yoongi."

The Deadline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi never got to see Jimin again after that night. At first, he kept his distance so that Jimin had sometimes to think. But when days had passed and the result of final exam had been released, with no sign of Jimin going to see it, Yoongi got worried. 

And when he showed up at Jimin's aunt's  house one day with an intention of seeing how Jimin was doing, Yoongi was hit with this one phrase instead.

"He went back, thankfully."

Yoongi could only stand there, his mind was empty of any thoughts. It took him a long moment to snap back to reality. Jimin's aunt's  gaze was sharp and intimidating as she stared Yoongi down.

"I'm sorry?" Yoongi could already feel heat all over his face and neck. "He went back? Where to?"

She did not answer. She shoved him out of her way and left him standing there like a log. Yoongi turned and ran after her, begging her to give him just a second. Jimin's aunt was clearly unhappy, and soon she threatened to call the police on him.

With her last glance, she warned him, "If you dare to show up at my house looking for that useless thing again, don't say I'm awful."

So yes. After that night, Yoongi never saw Jimin again. He learnt from Jin that Jimin had planned to go away, but he didn't mention how Jimin insisted Yoongi continue with the bet. There were enough things Yoongi had to deal with right now; he couldn't stand dropping more trouble on his shoulders.

Besides, they have senior year orientation in less than a month, and if Yoongi could make it then, then he'd start healing again. From what Jin understood, Jimin must have moved to the city to go to this high school with Yoongi, he even had to stay with his aunt and uncle since his family must have moved away pretty far away. He remembered Yoongi telling him that Jimin moved away after Yoongi punched him that one day.

Jin gasped to himself. Did Jimin's family moved abroad??

"Don't you have a home or something?" Yoongi murmured when he opened his door and Jin was already standing there.

Jin pushed back his thought and flashed his best friend a grin. He lifted the manga he had bought and Yoongi rolled his eyes at it.

"Told you I'm not mad at you," Yoongi stepped for Jin to enter. "I took that bet by my own free will. I ruined my own life."

"As conscience goes, it prevents me from sleeping soundly at night knowing I had a part in that." Jin sat on the messy bed. It was cold, and he automatically looked over to the desk. Yoongi's laptop was on and it was displaying a row of photos. 

Yoongi noticed Jin's gaze and went over to pull the laptop shut.

"Yoongi," Jin called. He could never unsee the many candid photos of Jimin in his best friend's PC. "He's gone."

"Don't talk like he's dead." That was all Yoongi said.

"It's been weeks, Yoongi. He left. It ended."

Yoongi exhaled, heading to the kitchen. He had unwashed dishes and trash to be taken out. He pour himself a glass of water, anything to avoid talking about Jimin.

"Look, buddy. I don't know how I can help you, but staying up all night looking at pictures won't make him come back."

"Enough."

"No! I won't ignore the signs of you becoming psychotic and obsessive."

"He said I was bad for his health!" Yoongi smashed the glass against the wall, sending tiny pieces of sharp glass all over the place.

Before Jin could get to stop him, Yoongi grabbed the nearest box and sent them flying across the room. His old books scattered all over the floor. Yoongi reached for a decorative vase and hurled it at the mirror, breaking both things in the next second.

Jin wrapped his slender arms tightly around his best friend, pulling him out of this nightmare. Yoongi resisted, pushing him away. But Jin was bigger and stronger, he could manage.

"He liked me since middle school, Jin! He told me he liked me and stupid idiotic me punched him! I chased him away twice, Jin! He came back to me but I ed up again! I played him like a fool! Why did I never think about how that would make him feel? Why couldn't I think about anyone else other than myself?"

"Yoongi,"

Yoongi sobbed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter