Valentine's Day

EXO SERIES: Someone Like Zhang Yixing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

Why should Yixing still care about Ha Na? They didn't have any specific or special relationship with each other anymore. They were together years ago. Though Ha Na was an important part of Yixing's life, they were now strangers and Yixing has ultimately drawn the line between them. He should've broken ties earlier.

Min Hee worked on her new piece of writing as the thought popped up in her mind suddenly. Why should I wait? Why should I not confess and not do it like I always do? Out of consideration for Yixing; wasn't that a mere excuse now? Min Hee usually didn't wait if she liked someone first. Even the fact that Yixing held back because of his fans and group was an excuse, for himself. He stopped himself from any romances. He refused to have a love life. He refused to have his own happiness because he claimed to be happy just receiving love and support from his loved ones. There was no special place for Min Hee or anyone else.

However, did that mean she wasn't allowed to confess? Min Hee would never expect anything of Yixing, neither accepting her confession nor to start dating. She wanted him to finally know what she has been unusually keeping hidden for some past time. Maybe Yixing would have time to think about a response regardless of whether he was going to accept her confession or not. Yeah right, for the sake of his confused state. When is he not confused?

If the whole not-communicating properly and honestly with each other continued, they would never get anywhere. Min Hee would be constantly frustrated while Yixing would be clueless and oblivious as ever. When will he allow his heart to let anyone inside? His personality and his way of thinking forbade it. Then I'll let him be, skip a few steps and not beat around the bush.

"Yixing, you're coming back in about two weeks, right? I'll introduce you to my favourite eating place then as promised. I'll pay if that makes you accept my invitation." Min Hee called him spontaneously, knowing where he was according to his schedule today.

"Alright, got it. Your invitation is gladly accepted. Is it about the food again? Because there is more to eat when we are alone?" Food and Min Hee was a great combination. Yixing could've thought of that earlier. It was obvious to him Min Hee only wanted to go because of the dishes.

"I'll pay anyway, it doesn't matter. Food is the second reason. The first reason is you." What? Yixing knew her straightforwardness too well but he was taken aback for a second. Me? Why me? Did she intend on drinking besides eating? Did she want to talk to him for some advice? How would Yixing knew if she didn't explain herself? "So it's a yes, isn't it? I'll let you go back to your schedule. See you then!"

Yixing couldn't reply as Min Hee was the first one to hang up. That was odd. He continued filming afterwards, this time with even more motivation and enthusiasm. His body was present on set but his mind was drifting away again and Yixing was looking forward to meeting Min Hee soon. He particularly enjoyed those days or nights when they would just sit somewhere comfortably and eat or drink. Those days were relaxing, even if only for a few hours, compared to his hectic and busy schedule. Maybe not the drinking part, but the rest.

"Let's take a small break." The filming director announced, followed by the staff members loosening their grips after holding up the equipment for a long time. Everyone was still tired in the morning and a break didn't hurt. Yixing went off the set to put on his padded coat. They were shooting 'Operation Love' outdoors and despite the sunny weather and the blue sky, it was freezing.

"Yixing-ah, don't wander off too much!" Ms Manager shouted running after the idol. "You must be hungry, right? Let's grab some food."

"Rather than food, I'd like to discover the island some more. We didn't have any time to enjoy the scenery here especially since it's the last day filming tomorrow." Yixing looked up in the sky sadly but smiled when he turned back to his manager. "I'll be quick. Please, let us look around. I promise we'll be back on time and not go too far away."

Yixing's manager let out a sigh. He did promise and looked incredibly happy at the moment, how could she refuse? She let the production team know Yixing would be back in ten minutes and the two went towards the riverside and the bridge. Yixing had the opportunity to explore a part of Ersha Island and breathe the fresh, cold air while his manager followed him, constantly thinking of going back to the set on time. The idol was excited and happy to take a walk around the beautiful area, almost like a child.

That was when Yixing spotted a flower vendor on the street, being literally ignored by other passers-by. He struggled to sell flowers inside a bucket he held and appeared disappointed because he couldn't sell any. Yixing's heart clenched at the sight. "Jiejie, what day is today?"

The older one checked the date on her phone immediately. "It's Tuesday, February 14th. Why?"

Yixing furrowed his eyebrows slightly. "Exactly!" I didn't forget about this one. Especially today, there should be many couples and people buying flowers, right? Yixing gestured to his manager to approach the street vendor together and walked towards him before greeting the man. He regarded all the flowers the vendor had to offer. Of course, there was a wave of fans who followed the idol since his presence wasn't left unnoticed and they had been watching the filming earlier anyway.

Yixing talked to his manager first before turning back to the flower vendor. "Please get all these flowers. Today's Valentine's Day. Let's buy them to give the flowers to the production team." He smiled friendly at the local man and kept his hands folded behind his back politely.

The street vendor looked up in shock and was touched at the same time. Yixing's kindness touched the flower vendor's heart and it seemed like a dream to him. Was the young man in front an angel? Who was the kind and thoughtful man saving him from having a hard time selling flowers to make a living? The man accepting the money thanked Yixing over and over again for his action and watched the idol giving out the flowers to the production team first, to his fans and then to his own crew.

Yixing arrived on set right after purchasing the flowers to give one to every staff member. And there were many staff members to begin with. Through these flowers, Yixing wanted to show his gratitude and appreciate everyone for their hard work and love. The drama filming continued smoothly and they wrapped it up early. Tomorrow was already the last day of filming which made him sad. Let's not be sad today though, it's a happy day. It surely was for the flower-selling man. He was shocked to see Yixing take care of his fans and couldn't be happier to experience a stranger's kindness.

Back in Yixing's van after getting changed, the hero of the day waved his fans goodbye and rested his body against the backrest. He was glad to have bought them because of all the happy faces he received in return. It's so easy to do nice little things for others, I didn't even do much.

"What do you keep staring at?" His manager questioned as he glanced at Yixing through the driving mirror. "There are sadly no more left for our people working at the studio. And you should've kept one for yourself as well, Yixing-ah."

"I am alright without any, I received very much that I'd like to be the one giving. This one which I kept isn't for me. Isn't it pretty?" Yixing showed the flower to his stylists a row behind him. He regarded the pinkish rose surrounded by a small shrub of tiny yellow flowers. Among the ones Yixing gave to everyone, there were many red roses still waiting to bloom fully, some white roses and some yellow ones as well as, but the one Yixing held was the only one gradually turning pink. "How long can these survive? The next days are going to be busy and I don't know when I'll be back in the studio."

"With the right care, it might last up to one week or more. It depends." One of his stylists responded, holding her own flower happily which she received from him. "Then it will wither, droop and lose its fresh colour. Which means you shouldn't wait too long to give it to someone. Why the studio?"

"Well, it's not easy to see the person elsewhere regarding how busy we both are." Yixing lowered his head and let out a sigh. He really wanted to give Min Hee a Valentine's Day flower as well. He appreciated her work and support and planned on expressing his gratitude. It's a pity she isn't here today. Managing his schedule and doing the work in the background were certainly not easy tasks. Yixing then remembered when he got an offer from some agency last year. He couldn't remember clearly but Min Hee handled most of the communication with the companies offering Yixing financially great contracts and deals. One company even offered him a contract with a 7:3 payment. As tempting as it might sound, nothing could take Yixing away from SM Entertainment, s and fans. The agency tried to get Yixing's contact information but they were stopped by Min Hee who kept getting calls from them for a long time despite rejecting the offers. Min Hee does much more than me, flowers can't convey half of my appreciation.

Once they arrived at the hotel, the first thing Yixing did after entering his room was to look for a vase or anything to put the flower in. Hopefully, they wouldn't wilt. At least not before Min Hee became the new owner. Yixing was determined to do everything in his power to keep them fresh and alive until then.

"Wow, you really do worry about the flower, don't you?" Ms Manager laughed amusedly seeing how Yixing attempted to take care of them.

"Rather than the flower, I care about Yi Min." Yixing replied in all honesty. He didn't even realise how ambigiuous it sounded. "What if it wilts? What do I do? Buy another one? It won't be a Valentine's Day rose anymore, it will seem weird, right?"

"You will give it to her after Valentine's Day anyway, so it doesn't make any difference at all. She does deserve a flower as you said. We gathered the other day for your schedule and I could tell she put much thought into it. By the way, Yi Min even tried reducing some activities secretly because your schedule is already as tight as ever. You don't know that from me, alright? Thanks to her, there is a huge weight off our shoulders." Ms Manager was reminded of the role of Min Hee in the crew. Although she was practically forced to do the job at the beginning, she never thought of refusing to cooperate. Not everyone in the team might appreciate Min Hee's work but Yixing did and his still-present manager did, too. "Just curious, how are you going to transport it? How will they survive after hours of flights and car rides? In your bag or suitcase?"

Yixing scratched his neck nervously, not having thought his idea through. "Transport?" His eyes wandered back to the vase

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter