Stressed

EXO SERIES: Someone Like Zhang Yixing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: It took me long to update, my apologies. I am not quite satisfied with the chapter, though. I hope you'll enjoy reading, anyway. ^^

---

Yang Min Hee was now part of Lay Zhang's studio but neither as his manager nor as his stylist nor as an official staff member; his Korean agency wouldn't understand even after telling them a couple of times already. They didn't seem to understand Min Hee's work. What Lay was doing in Korea was none of her business and she didn't care. His studio was decent and consisted of very little staff. Rather than a staff, she saw herself as someone 'helping out' because Lay had decided it. Being a student in screenwriting, she was in charge of the receiving and reviewing the film and show offers.

Min Hee has never met Lay properly before because he never seemed to be there when she was. Firstly, of course, she would read a lot about the idol group on the Internet but never closely looked at their faces. Beside that, Min Hee only had other useless information on the members but with Lay, she didn't know anything about him.

With a last sigh, Min Hee finished typing the last words of the script before turning back to the ones Lay received. It was already April and there were lots of activities for the group coming up. For Lay, apart from his schedule in Korea, he didn't have quite as many solo activities in China yet. Their second studio album was released recently and would keep him busy enough.

Now in Korea, Min Hee dropped by at her agency before heading right to the hospital, wondering about Won Ho. He should be working there because Kang Won Ho was going to start his career as a physician next year at a relatively young age as it was his last year of residency. Only three years older than Min Hee and way more successful in life than her. I wouldn't want to switch though. Being a doctor will be too tiring.

Min Hee has visited Won Ho a lot to know where he would be. If he was busy, she could simply come back another time. Min Hee just really wanted to see him. As she stood in the hallway, she saw Kang Won Ho discussing a matter with a nurse. He was charismatic and passionate about his work, it was good to see this side of him. Not wanting to interrupt her friend, she decided to leave and text him later for lunch.

That was when Won Ho lifted his head and locked eyes with Min Hee. He smiled and waved his hand at her, excusing himself and then walking towards Min Hee. "What are you doing here? Aren't you busy?" Won Ho questioned her, considerate as always. "I am glad to see you, but it's very chaotic here. I am free later again, we can spend lunch together if you want. I'll call you." 

Min Hee accepted the offer with a smile and patted his shoulder encouragingly. "Alright, don't overwork yourself." She was about to take her leave when suddenly, the door next to her was opened and a man left the room, startling her slightly. Min Hee bowed in apology because she thought she had blocked the patient's way, but stopped in her tracks seeing the familiar face. Min Hee and the man stared at each other for a while before Won Ho broke the silence. 

"Do you know each other?" Won Ho asked carefully and looked between the two for a reaction.

The young man, Zhang Yixing, discovered Min Hee and widened his eyes in confusion. "Ms Yang?" He bowed his greetings to her and explained they were colleagues. "I didn't know you we'd meet here again."

"Me neither. But what are you doing here? Are you unwell?" Min Hee thought Yixing was working with Lay only, but it seemed like he was producing for Korean companies as well. "

Up until now, Lay hasn't told her. He would soon anyway. Hiding the truth was difficult and it was childish of him to hide his identity in the first place. "Nothing serious." The idol waved it off and glanced at the doctor in training.  

"Well, I suppose you have a lot to discuss so I will leave you two alone and get back to work. Don't strain yourself too much and please take care of your health, Mr Zhang." Kang Won Ho smiled politely at Yixing before waving goodbye to Min Hee. The two of them stood in the hallway, staff members and other patients were passing them. As soon as they left the hospital, Yixing pulled up his mask and tried to cover himself, earning Min Hee's attention and curiosity. His manager wasn't with him, because he went to the hospital secretly. I know it's dangerous but it's not a serious injury.

"I know a good coffee shop close to the hospital. Do you want to grab some coffee?" Min Hee questioned Yixing as they headed to her car. What was wrong about drinking some coffee with a co-worker anyway? They haven't seen each other for a month, too. Yixing hesitated at first before entering her car. He wasn't quite the coffee type but it wouldn't hurt.

During the ride, it was quiet. Neither of them opened their mouth to say something. Yixing was silent by nature and Min Hee just didn't know what to say. Technically, they only met once before and this was their second time meeting. Min Hee had to go back to China soon for her studies and to discuss a few things with Lay's manager. So many activities in his schedule. Such a workaholic. 

Perhaps, it would've faster to walk than drive because the traffic was horrible. They arrived at the coffee shop and sat far away from the other customers. Upon questioning him, Yixing began explaining why he was at the hospital. "My back hurts a bit. And I was also receiving treatment for my waist because of a chronic injury. It's not too serious because I kind of got used to it and forgot about it. I'm facing that since my days as aㅡ" Trainee. Since his trainee days. Yixing cut himself off over his clumsy mistake and shook his head, trying to change the topic. Maybe she is just still pretending? "I'm in Korea for some business, working for SM Entertainment. A great agency! What about you? How do you and Dr Kang come to know each other?" 

"Kang Won Ho? We are friends, I was visiting." Min Hee answered and placed the cup of coffee on the table. "But I'm going back again for lunch. It was the wrong time in the morning to visit." 

Yixing only nodded his head slowly. Why am I so awkward? Zhang Yixing, think of something not stupid to say. "Doesn't it bother you that you have never seen Lay personally? You are working with someone you have not even met once." Well, technically we've met twice now, let's just tell her already. "Have you tried looking him up on the Internet?" 

Min Hee shook her head and shrugged her shoulders. "No, it doesn't matter to me how he looks like. I chose to work with him. It is unfortunate if we don't ever get to see each other, but considering his activities and schedule, I fully understand. Making time won't be easy, I guess." Yixing gradually started feeling worse an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter