The Lead

EXO SERIES: Someone Like Zhang Yixing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi everyone, author EXOsMingi is back. I've come back with my new and sadly last EXO series story and tried something new with the third POV. To warn you beforehand: I kind of wrote this without a real plot, it's more of a view into Zhang Yixing's daily life which is why the story is heavily based on real events. If you are looking for a more dramatic, angsty or thrilling story, this might not be the right one for you, you can still choose not to read this but if you stay, thanks for giving my story a chance! So welcome, new and old readers to my sixth EXO fanfiction with our dear Unicorn ^^ Enjoy! 

---

It was just like any other day when Yang Min Hee stood in front of the building where she was supposed to meet her supervisor. That building was the building of her agency in Korea, for screenwriters specifically. Though she was still a university student and it was sometimes exhausting to commute between two countries and find a balance between studies and her 'part-time job', Min Hee enjoyed what she was doing. The cold Seoul weather this morning was no joke. Entering the building with her ID, Min Hee headed to her supervisor's office to hand him her latest work personally. Everyone in the agency was nice but the competition between the people was constant.

Min Hee almost reached the international age of twenty-three. She was still young and didn't know what she really wanted to do in life like many people her age; for now, she just went with what she felt like doing. Though Min Hee maintained the image of a mysterious woman on the outside, she didn't exactly care about other people's opinion on her and was thus often mistaken as a blunt and curt person. I'm neither the type of woman who cares about her fortune nor am I a workaholic. In fact, Min Hee was even bored of her everyday life, longing for a challenge or at least some action. Dating wasn't what Min Hee categorised under 'action'. She didn't feel like looking for any relationships and her studies in China kept her busy enough.

Min Hee checked the time on her watch. It was exactly eight in the morning. She showed up at the correct time and had her work done. She gave her boss the documents with a confident and somewhat tired smile. Stayed up to finish it yesterday, I wanted to hand it in personally before flying back to China soon.

"Perfect, I'm looking forward to reading it." Mr Kang said after greeting the young woman. Yang Min Hee didn't return anything. She was confident about her work, but the word perfection did not exist in her vocabulary. Nobody was and nothing was flawless. 

"I saved the materials and the script in the flash drive, in case." Min Hee said as she put the stick on the desk. She came all the way just to hand him that and could leave as quickly as she arrived. Sending the script via mail would've been much faster. 

"I will take a closer look later and see if it can be sold and produced." Her supervisor responded in a polite manner. The man was roughly the same age as her father and considering Min Hee was still a student despite graduating in a few months, she assumed Mr Kang accepted the part-time employee knowing she would be a graduate of a large institution. "You know, only the catchy plots and ideas sell." Of course, I only see the same plots nowadays. Her work as a screenwriter wasn't easy since it was a difficult industry and she couldn't come up with any good ideas these days. Maybe my life isn't interesting enough.

"I will do my best, sir." Min Hee replied and took her leave. Her phone vibrated in her bag, it was her grandfather. Apparently, he arrived in Seoul today. It hasn't been long since she went to Korea but in any case, she couldn't wait to see him again. I shall go straight to visit him then.

As soon as Yang Min Hee left the building, she exhaled deeply. She might have seemed like a robot-like person earlier but she was human, too. There wasn't a shell you had to break to know Min Hee's personality. She was not mysterious or uptight, it was not hard to approach her or get close to her. Min Hee was a carefree person, most of the time. No clinging onto or staying in the past, no regretting. That'll waste my energy when I can't even do anything about things I've done before. Even if some bad incidents happened, she was not able to turn back the time, because it already happened. That was how Yang Min Hee saw things. Very simple. Apparently.

Just as Min Hee was on the verge of calling a taxi, she heard her name being called. She turned around with a smile. Kang Won Ho, the nephew of Min Hee's supervisor, was walking towards her. She met Won Ho when he was an exchange student in China and they've been good friends ever since. Mr Kang being her boss and Won Ho being her boss' nephew was completely coincidental.

"Min Hee, I'm happy to see you back in Seoul." Kang Won Ho smiled gently at his younger friend. "Was my uncle hard on you?" 

"Not really. It's a good way to improve myself so I appreciate working with him." Min Hee responded honestly. She looked at her watch again and noticed the time. "Sorry, I've got to meet my family. Let's talk again soon, I'll treat you to a meal."

Won Ho was a gentleman and would surely make a great partner. It doesn't mean I'll go beyond friendship with him, just wondering why someone like him doesn't have a girlfriend. He was too good of a friend for her to go further. I wouldn't be able to force it anyway, you just fall in love. It might not look like Min Hee has ever dated, but she has indeed. The reasons for the breakups were the lack of time o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter