Being Grateful

EXO SERIES: Someone Like Zhang Yixing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

"That's right. I told you I am his ex-girlfriend." Jung Ha Na said keeping her arms crossed. A frown showed up on her face as she looked at Min Hee and then to Yixing. Yeah, you just forgot the ex. "Back then, we could not part on good terms but I came to fix it. When I suddenly read an article about your debut three years ago, the memories of our relationship returned and I was proud of you, I always knew you would make it." Jung Ha Na explained while Yixing kept his head down, avoiding her eyes. He never wanted to see her again after breaking up. He got over and moved on to be where he was now. 

Min Hee closed the door carefully so his manager wouldn't take too much notice of the scene Ha Na caused. "Listen, even if you are his ex-girlfriend, it doesn't look like he wants to talk to you." If Yixing was still interested in Ha Na, he would approach her himself instead of showing the reaction he had now. He was too tired from the flight for this discussion.

"Who are you to order me around and tell me what to do? Lay oppa, don't tell me you are dating this old lady?" Ha Na directed this question at the idol and made a face. Min Hee let out a dry laugh and shook her head at her poor attempts to offend her. If she was an old lady, what would Yixing be? Ha Na wasn't much younger than Yixing anyway. "I can't believe this. Did you leave me for her? I didn't know you like this type of women. What does she have that I don't?" 

Yixing exhaled deeply closing his eyes for a moment. He noticed, too that they had to get away from here because they were in public. "From what I remember, you broke up with me. We are over, don't waste your time chasing me. The past stays in the past." Yixing made clear, his eyes showing only seriousness. At the same time, he felt sorry and pity for Ha Na. She wasn't his first girlfriend but she used to be very important to him back when he struggled in Korea as a trainee. Even though they broke up, Yixing felt sorry to reject her coldly now. He was just too nice. "Let's go, Min Hee." Yixing pointed to the van with a head movement. Min Hee looked at Jung Ha Na with a warning look before following Yixing. He neither denied nor confirmed Ha Na's question, leaving the rest to her imagination. Inside the van, Yixing apologised to Min Hee for the scene she had to witness. 

"She is your ex-girlfriend, what are you apologising for? You can't change the fact she returned. It's no surprise she showed up after you became successful. Don't let her distract you and don't think about it too much. Focus on what's important to you. But anyway, in case you are still interested in her, I'm sorry for intervening." Min Hee assured him and glanced at the time, considering taking a taxi. "You go directly to the dormitory, I'll call a taxi."

"Wait." Yixing quickly said stopping Min Hee from opening the van door. He was worried Ha Na might try to talk to Min Hee again or cause another scene. "We can drop you off quickly, where are you headed?" 

If you insist. "To the hospital then, please." Min Hee responded causing Yixing to turn his head with a worried expression, wondering if she was hurt. "I'm just visiting someone." 

"Your friend? The busy doctor who can't drink with you because he is busy?" Yixing wanted to know, asking his manager to drive to the hospital Kang Won Ho worked at. 

"There will be a day when Won Ho and I get to have a drink, the time just hasn't arrived yet." Min Hee joked before they both fell quiet. Everything has been said already and they weren't close enough to talk about more yet. 

The van stopped at the traffic lights. Yixing hesitated to break the silence but approached the topic slowly. "Won't you ask me about Jung Ha Na? Someone probably saw us. She will be a danger to my career if a scandal breaks out." 

Min Hee shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "I won't ask you unless you want me to. No worries, I won't tell you off to your company." It was meant to be a joke, but Yixing couldn't laugh. 

"It's about my love life after all. I am sure you are capable of anything. Things I could never think of." Yixing responded honestly and spotted the hospital from afar. The van stopped at the side road and the two couldn't even finish their conversation. Min Hee thanked her colleague for the ride with a smile and was about to get off when Yixing stopped her again. "I'll see you soon then."

"We'll have more time to see each other, I'll be leaving!" With that, Min Hee left the car and waved him goodbye when she stood outside trying to see through the car window. It was dark from the outside but he watched her enter the hospital building safely before they headed to the dormitory for a quick rest. He planned on going for some practice later that day to catch up with the other members. 

Min Hee entered the hospital confidently, ready to see Won Ho. She had informed him already. Won Ho had a lunch break as Min Hee came to see him. They were barely any staff members sitting in the cafeteria because everyone was busy. Min Hee walked straight to her friend, asking if the seat opposite of him was taken. 

"Min Hee, there you are! I'm sorry, I need to get back to work when lunch is over. I hope I'll be free after that." Won Ho apologised to her, usually eating really fast to finish the meal. "I've been so busy, but I never forget about you. You're the only one visiting me regularly." 

"Stop making me cringe." Min Hee smiled softly at him. It didn't matter if he didn't have any time to meet up; it would just make her happier to see him after a long time. She would feel excited whenever she saw Won Ho, smiling at her with the most gentle and charming smile. And slowly did Min Hee know she was crushing on him slowly. Friendship can always turn into love anytime, after all. Sadly, it can be the other way around either. Crushing on a friend? It's only a crush, a little fantasy and I'll be over it before I know it. Or is it time to relive the joys of a relationship again? Min Hee didn't remember how it felt like to love someone genuinely and to be loved. Joy? Excitement? Happiness? Dating might bring along one of these feelings in her. "Won Ho, are you free tomorrow?" 

"I was just about to ask you the same. I do hope though I'll be free tomorrow. Probably. It's been a while since we had the chance to have a friendly hangout. The two of us, no work, nothing, just a normal hangout between friends like in high school." Won Ho replied with an eye smile, making it hard for Min Hee to fight a smile back. A hangout between friends. Way to go, though. 

As soon as Won Ho finished his meal and had some little time left, they walked around in the hospital, chatting freely about what they couldn't talk about the past weeks. They caught up on everything as Won Ho's break was still lasting. Whenever patients, visitors, doctors and other people passed the two, Won Ho would always greet each of them politely and friendly. He was always very kind to so everyone felt comfortable around him. Even though Kang Won Ho wasn't a fully independent doctor yet, the hospital greatly appreciated his presence. 

Won Ho and Min Hee were enjoying themselves when Min Hee's phone rang. One of those managers from SM Entertainment again. She let out a sigh. "Yixing isn't with me, he was supposed to return to the dormitory and have some rest." So what if they can't reach him? Yixing might be practising or eating, whatever. How would Min Hee know his exact location anyway? Her job wasn't taking care of him and following the idol around like a manager. Who knows if he got lost? Then again, the manager who drove him home should be with him. "I'll tell you if I see him." She already had a few scenarios in her head about what could have happened to Yixing, but in the end, he would probably be fine on his own. 

"Did something happen?" Won Ho questioned her, the worry being audible in his tone of voice. "Did Mr Zhang disappear? Shall I help you find him?" 

Min Hee shook her head. "It's not that big of a problem. He could be everywhere, maybe enjoying himself being free from stress at his dormitory. He might have decided to go practising despite being exhausted already or he might hang out somewhere, I don't know." Maybe, just maybe, he was even busy with Jung Ha Na. From what she saw, Yixing didn't seem very interested in her, however, hearts could always change. There were plenty of idols secretly dating, caught by Dispatch or hiding it well. Being an idol was stressful enough and Yixing was solely dedicated to his work. The same goes for Kang Won Ho. 

"You seem to know him well, though." Won Ho remarked to all the possibilities Min Hee listed. "You know, I was a bit taken aback at first to have the great honour to have treated Mr Zhang, a member of a world-loved idol group. I did try to catch up on the trends of youngsters these days! What a coincidence that you two know each other."

"When you work with him, it's hard not to get to know him. Rather the serious type and a hard worker. It's only been a few months." Min Hee explained, trying to get some kind of reaction out of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter