Final

EXO SERIES: Someone Like Zhang Yixing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello everyone, we finally arrived at the final chapter of my last EXO fanfic after 3 years, for Yixing's 29th birthday! I'm sad it's ending but it's about time to end the long journey. With this chapter, it'll be a little different, I wanted it to be special and not forget to mention anything but I'm not very good with endings, this one is extra long (maybe a little too long for a last chapter?) for you. Now I wish you a happy reading, hopefully as happy as you have read the rest ^^  

--- 

We're still going strong. We are doing well. No fights, no annoying exes or CEOs. No one to break us apart. It's just Yixing sometimes, but I constantly show him he can trust and rely on me; his dreams won't come in between and make me leave.  

If some months of not seeing each other was a reason to break up, Min Hee would have to question her feelings. It took lots of understanding and patience, leaving space for individual growth and activities. They both knew that.  

"We don't need to rush." Min Hee had said to Yixing in case he felt pressured. "I don't want you to feel like forcing yourself to meet and contact me. We can take our time." 

It's already been quite a while since they started going out. Many things have changed, such as Yixing's range of activities and to some extent, their relationship. Firstly, Zhang Yixing's studio collaborated with another company to create a new, better management team which affected Min Hee's position greatly. She didn't complain, they were great at marketing so it was a wise decision, and she still worked closely with the new staff. Then, Yixing successfully entered the US music market and widened his fan base. His popularity has always been immense in his home country and it grew to be unreal. The year was tightly packed which left Yixing a total of six days of resting so far. That's a lot for him to use actually. Yixing always jokingly says holidays equal retiring. He took his first ever holiday for New Year's, bought a house and a car for his family, and he has been going home frequently as well.

Finally, the day came when Yixing finally got to formally meet his girlfriend's immediate family. Yixing was way more nervous visiting the Yangs and understood how Min Hee must have felt like in Changsha. At least it didn't take much to win Grandpa Yang on his side, he admired Yixing. And he survived the meeting! Before they knew it, the couple had already reached their first anniversary. They managed to celebrate it briefly and that alone was extremely meaningful.

On other days, they either met at work or super spontaneously after Yixing's schedule. It was unavoidable not to see each other often. They talked a lot over the phone and if not, Min Hee would simply go outside and spot his face outside in the city. His handsome face is everywhere; it makes me proud to see him randomly pop out on a poster or a huge screen. It means he has come extremely far with his hard work and passion. 

If Min Hee wasn't in Korea, she was at the studio for work. If Yixing wasn't abroad or somewhere else in China, he practised at the studio. Today was one of those days with Yixing being the only one in the dance practice room for long hours. Min Hee went to check on him because she made him promise to take short breaks in-between. She was glad that this year, Yixing slept and ate regularly and gained some weight instead of dieting. His family leaves him in our hands and trusts us. Yixing's condition affects us all. 

"You should take a look at the ceiling. Did it rain inside?" Min Hee questioned her boyfriend teasingly, seeing the soaked shirt he wore. "Take a break, how long have you been practising?" She picked up a towel and a water bottle to keep him hydrated. 

"I barely have any time to improve my dancing. And I'm used to hearing the question by now, thanks." Yixing grinned at her and used the towel to wipe the sweat trickling down his forehead. Afterwards, he drank the water as if he was in an advertisement. "Why do I feel so hot? It's the fourth shirt I've been using, wait a second." He sneakily took off his shirt to put on a new one.  

Min Hee laughed ironically. "Tch, so much for being conservative taking it off every time you get the chance. I've seen the videos of your concert stages, boss! You just looked for an excuse to show off your upper body. Well, you might need to work out harder for those." She closed the distance to teasingly poke his stomach. 

"They might disappear at this state. I should do something about it." Yixing said with a laugh and took a seat on the floor, patting on the spot beside him. 

Min Hee joined him on the floor to enjoy the time alone. The doors weren't see-through which allowed them some privacy. The staff might have caught on but officially, they never announced anything of the sort. Yixing felt bad for hiding the truth from his family-like staff, but he preferred being secretive for now. "Do you know you look really cool when you dance? Especially when you perform on stage, that's when you become a whole different person." 

"Your words mean a lot. Did you know? I heard somewhere that a true artist doesn't need the approval of others and only needs to please himself which is true, but I'd like to be the coolest on stage. Particularly in front of you." Yixing confessed shyly and turned his head away to avoid her eyes. He would still get embarrassed speaking his thoughts out loud.

"You've got my approval all the way." Min Hee leaned forward to see his face, resting her chin on her palm and gazing at him lovingly. "Yixing-ah, there is something I'm curious about." 

Yixing turned back to her with his full attention, his ears stayed red. He expected her to ask something direct which would likely catch him off guard. "Sure, go on." 

"About Kang Won Ho." Min Hee began, looking for a reaction but Yixing didn't show any changes on his face. Dr Kang, our dear friend, how could I forget him? "We both knew Kang Won Ho had some kind of feelings for me yet you never prevented me from meeting him Didn't it bother you or are you just extremely good at hiding?" Min Hee asked, thinking about all the times she hung out with her friend in Korea while they were dating. They remained good friends.

Yixing pondered a bit over the question and redirected it at his girlfriend. "What about you? You monitored the films, shows and music videos I've been on. Have you ever felt weird seeing me interact with all those actresses and dancers?" It was always Yixing who was worried about female interactions in case Min Hee got hurt, so he would be rather careful and treat everyone respectfully and equally. Sometimes, Yixing didn't even think about it because he never had any ill intentions.

"Of course not, it's work. And since it was hard getting you to open up to me in the first place, why would you have a sudden change of heart anyway?" Min Hee trusted Yixing fully and she didn't exaggerate. He'd rather break up with her than cheat because otherwise, he would feel guilty for the rest of his life. Yixing was extremely loyal, both to people and companies. "It's not that I don't get jealous, I just rarely do." The kindness he showed everyone and the one he only showed Min Hee were different. 

Yixing's smile never faded. He slid closer to Min Hee and put his arm around her waist. "Me too, but I learned how not to show it. It was probably obvious before whenever you met Dr Kang. I was insecure because of the possibility of you two becoming a couple." His eyes showed so much love and affection that Min Hee wanted to keep staring back. "Trust is essential which is why I do trust you unconditionally. I can't possibly stop you from meeting your friends, you have your own life. Dr Kang is a good person, he knows his limits, doesn't he?" 

"He does. He might be my friend and should know. I never told him. Won Ho knows he missed his chance so you don't need to worry about him." Min Hee responded, caressing his hand gently. "Alright, I'll let you go back to practise." Min Hee gave him a goodbye kiss and stood up reluctantly.  

"Wait, what was that? It was too fast!" Yixing complained as his innocent eyes watched her get up from the floor. He stood up right away and took a step closer to her until he faced her properly and stopped her from leaving. "I need more." His gaze wandered down to her lips as his fingers touched her cheek gently. And Min Hee expected and got more. Simply being close to Yixing made her dizzy and unable to focus on anything else except for wanting to hold him. As Yixing leaned in to press his lips against her own, Min Hee put her hands lightly around his sensitive neck first and then on his upper back to deepen the kiss. For a minute, they forgot that they had to separate soon and survive the next months without each other.

Only another minute. Min Hee wished quietly in her head but pulled away first out of worry they might stay here until tomorrow. As soon as her lips left his, loneliness and the longing for more affection overcame her. Catching her breath, she caressed his face and brushed his hair away. "Next time, Yixing." Min Hee looked at his face and noticed the pained expression. Not because they stopped, but because they had to part. "Don't look at me with such sad eyes, it makes me want to stay longer. It'll be problematic when I'm setting out to visit Grandpa's tomorrow."  

Yixing blinked surprised, as if remembering it was time for Min Hee's monthly visits. She drove to her grandpa's house as well as to Yixing's family's house at least once a month for up to a week. Though she couldn't bring her boyfriend often, at least she came. With less work regarding the studio, she was free for some family time. On behalf of Yixing, too. 

"Grandpa is well, right? Did he say anything about me after my last visit?" Yixing questioned her concerned while running his fingers through her hair. 

Min Hee nodded with a grin. "He is only praising and talking about how filial and kind-hearted you are as a son and grandson. Grandpa is always happy whenever your name is mentioned. I guess liking you runs in my family."

Yixing took Min Hee into his arms out of joy and relief. "I've missed you so much I can't let you go again." He breathed in the fresh fragrance of her shampoo. Holding her frame and tightening the hug, they felt a sense of security and familiarity in each other's arms. "But that wouldn't be rational, would it?" At the end, their short but pleasant reunion ended with a real, last goodbye kiss. 

The couple didn't have specific days where they had to meet up no matter what. We meet when our schedules match and sometimes, something comes up preventing us to meet. If they were prevented for any reason, they had to spontaneously cancel their plans. Usually something came up with Yixing and rarely with Min Hee so when one day she asked her boyfriend not to come after his schedule, Yixing was shocked. Min Hee hesitated before answering his call. 

"What happened? Is it serious?" Yixing questioned worried, hoping she wasn't in pain. 

A husky voice was heard through the line. "I'm sorry we can't meet up today, I was really looking forward to the cosy late-night date at home with you. But if you don't want to catch a cold, please don't come over." 

A cold? Now that Yixing thought about it, he has never seen her getting a cold, being sick or fainting like him. It was always him. "Will you be fine? It sounds like you're in pain, I should be there." Yixing replied and prepared to rush to her apartment. Min Hee repeated herself, not being in a condition to talk much and about to hang up. "Well, it's unfortunate but please don't apologise for being sick. Let's meet some other day, you need to rest." 

However, Yixing couldn't stand the fact of doing nothing, leaving her sick and all alone. He left the hotel and informed his manager about his brief absence before dropping by at the pharmacy. As Yixing later stood in front of the door, he thought of ringing the bell but after all, Min Hee might be deep asleep. Good thing he knew and was trusted with the pass code which was a combination of numbers Yixing would never dare forget. It was the key to the love of his life, to Min Hee. He entered the cosy living room and took off his jacket, warming up himself first because of the freezing temperatures.

Just when Yixing was about to head to Min Hee's bedroom, his girlfriend happened to open the door and meet Yixing halfway, looking obviously tired and weak. Realisation hit her unusually late, so she pinched herself to wake up from a potential dream. "You are here. So, you really do want to catch a cold, don't you?"  

"That I am!" Yixing chuckled softly and showed her the bag he was carrying. "I brought you some stuff but didn't know where you were hurting so I brought everything." 

Min Hee couldn't help but smile, only to remember she had to keep a distance. She dodged him, passing by the taller one with small steps to widen the distance. "You have to keep a safety distance from me and stay healthy on my behalf. If you get sick, I wouldn't want that to be my fault." She then went on to scan his face for any signs of exhaustion and his body for any injuries. Yixing seemed fine but her eyes were quick to notice him wincing from some kind of pain. "You sprained your ankle recently! I thought it healed off."  

"I'm in the middle of the healing process, yeah. It doesn't hurt as much as when I sprained it and it's barely noticeable." Yixing waved it off and took a quick look at his ankle. He did sprain it and went on to perform with the injury at an event. "I've missed you so much, can't I come closer and hug you?"  

Min Hee shook her head with a frown. "No cuddling. I've been dying to as well but I'm holding myself back. Trust me, that's the hardest part about being sick at the moment." Having her boyfriend all to herself but not being able to touch him. "It must be freezing outside, come, I'll make you some tea." 

Yixing reacted faster than the speed of light, much to his girlfriend's surprise, and sprinted to the kitchen. "No, you just sit or lie down to rest. You are constantly taking care and looking out for me when I'm in trouble or unwell, so it's my turn." He said, shooing her away affectionately. "Today I'll stay with you and do everything."  

Eventually, Min Hee was forced to sit down on the couch and 'relax'. All she could do was watch Yixing basically running around the house and doing the chores. "Yixing, I'm cold." Upon hearing his name, Yixing finished his last task and returned with another cup of warm water and a blanket.  

He covered her frame with the blanket and handed her the cup. "It's important to stay hydrated and drink some warm fluids. Watching TV will make you fall asleep in no time." Min Hee's hands were cold so he rubbed them to give them some warmth. Cold or not, my girlfriend's feeling chilly! As much as Min Hee enjoyed and appreciated her boyfriend's care, her energy was already drained and she was too drowsy to keep her body awake. He stayed for the whole night and had to head back early in the morning. Before leaving, Yixing tugged her safely into her warm blanket in her bedroom and left her a sticky note to read.

Min Hee being sick was a rare incident. They usually spent their time differently together. For example, when Yixing was coincidentally in town, he would stop by after his schedule if it didn't finish too late. 

"Alright, go to bed after finishing your schedule. Keep up the good work and take care." Min Hee would reply, knowing too well he might not come tonight. It had more of a surprise effect since nothing was certain but normally, he rarely came after texting it'd end late. 

Yet even after being exhausted from the long filming, something drew Yixing to his girlfriend's apartment. As he stood in front of the building and tried to find the right floor and room, he discovered the lights were still on. He took out his phone to call her but she wouldn't answer. 

Should I check on her? Min Hee might as well be busy and it's nothing serious but I should visit now that I'm here. What if she waited up for me? Yixing looked around cautiously before entering the apartment in case he was being followed. The sight he was met with was different from his expectations. Yixing found the TV still on and Min Hee lying on the couch with a blanket, sleeping peacefully. More importantly, it was a show he guested in!  

Chuckling quietly, Yixing turned off the television and knelt down on the floor at the couch to be on the same eye level. Min Hee might seem deep asleep but she wasn't a very heavy sleeper. Lifting her up and carrying her to the bedroom wasn't an option. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter