Birth of Baby Kang

What Mama Bunny Wants She Gets

A/N: Hi readers, so this was originally complete as it was. But a comment mentioned wanting to read about the baby being born. And I actually was torn between writing what I wrote previously and baby being born. So here is the sequel of sorts with Baby Kang being born. Please enjoy!


 

It was the last few weeks before Joohyun was set to have their baby. Most of Seulgi's time is spent making her very pregnant wife as comfortable as possible. She gave many extra back rubs, and foot massages. She made sure that Joohyun never ran out of the foods she wanted. This was a challenge in itself most times. Because it felt as soon as supplies were replenished. They seemed to disappear just as fast. Seulgi had never ever failed to make sure she reminded the raven how beautiful she was, literally all day, every day constant reminders.

 

"Ugh, I am so fat." The raven cried while looking at her swollen belly. The minute when she couldn't see her feet over her belly. Joohyun had lost her mind. 

 

"You're really taking your time to be born, baby bear." She decided that this was their baby bear, and not a baby bunny. Despite, Seulgi telling her that they were adding a little bunny to the family.

 

"Seulgi-yah, come here. I need your help."

 

Moments later in walked the brunette. She smiled tiredly, both of them couldn't wait for their child to be born. It would reduce some stress. But of course make room for new mommy stresses. They would deal with that bridge when they were about to cross.

 

"Yes, Hyunnie? What is it?"

 

"Could you please help me with my dress. It's hard to button right now."

 

"Of course, sweetie." The brunette does help Joohyun with her dress. She notices the raven flinching while she does this.

 

"Baby bunny's kicking?" Seulgi asked knowingly. She rubs Joohyun's swollen belly in an attempt to soothe her.

 

"No. Baby bear is kicking, and likes kicking me all the time. Especially at three am. It's like they know it will bother me, or something. Mm...that feels nice."

 

"Come on, kiddo. You have to give mama a break, okay." Seulgi places kisses against her belly. 

 

"Seul, so I was thinking."

 

"What about?"

 

"We should have ." Joohyun throws her suggestion out there. It startles the brunette because has been the furthest thing from Joohyun's mind.

 

"W-What, why?"

 

"What do you mean why? Am I not attractive enough for you?"

 

Seulgi could see that she was already getting angry. She had already slept a whole week on the couch from an earlier incident involving ice cream. In her defense. She had no idea that rocky road ice cream was the bunny's. She made a mental note to never touch Joohyun's food again, unless she just wanted to die.

 

"Of course, I find you attractive. I just don't know why you want to have so suddenly."

 

"I heard that sometimes could bring the baby faster, and I am really tired of being pregnant." Joohyun admits.

 

Seulgi nodded in understanding. Yet, she also wasn't sure if she wanted to risk anything happeing to their baby bunny or her.

 

"Hyunnie, you're so uncomfortable most of the time. Having is probably not going to be good for you."

 

"If you don't want to do me, just say so."

 

"W-What no. I just said that I'm always attracted to you. I'm just worried."

 

"I don't believe you. I know that I'm not super desirable right now, but still."

 

"Hyunnie, you're being unreasonable."

 

The raven looks at a cross between anger and hurt. "I'm not being unreasonable. How could you even say that?"

 

"Hyunnie, I'm sorry. I just don't want anything happening to you."

 

"Leave me alone, Seulgi. I really don't want to talk to you right now." She says while holding back tears that want to come. When Seulgi attempts to touch her Joohyun shrugs away. The simple action does actually hurt the brunette's feelings.

 

"Fine. I won't bother you, Joohyun. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way."

 

The monolid woman chooses to leave the house all together. She grabs her keys, wallet and phone. Maybe perhaps what they need is a little time apart. They are no doubt getting on each others nerves. While Seulgi wants to be a source of comfort to her other half. The bear does know how to back off.

 

"I'll bring her a carrot cake later."  Seulgi decides on the right peace offering to bring her wife.


 

The raven spends most of her time crying in bed. The minute she heard Seulgi's car pull off was when the waterworks began. She knows a part of her was unreasonable, and the last thing she wanted was to send Seulgi away. She loved her bear so much, and she had been a true angel throughout everything. So she sends a text.

 

"Baby, I'm sorry. Please don't leave me alone."

 

Seulgi sees the text only chooses to ignore it. The bear decides she'll drive around for awhile, maybe grab a drink, and then pick up a carrot cake for her bunny. Carrot cake has yet to fail her, so it's as good as anything.

 

"Sorry, Hyunnie. We need this mini break."

 

Not even a full hour later. Joohyun is waking up to very painful cramping.

 

"Ow," She moans, clutching her belly. "What is wrong, baby?" Joohyun tries her best to ignore the pain, but it's not going anywhere. The raven manages to get up, and slowly makes her way to the living room, phone in hand. She soon feels a gush of liquid running down her legs.

 

", my water broke." She's feeling panicked without Seulgi's calming prescence. She is feeling more on edge. The raven sits on the couch and dails her wife.

 

"Hi." She hears Seulgi's voice.

 

"Oh, Seulgi thank god."

 

"You've reached Kang Seulgi. I'm not available now, please leave a message, and I'll call you back."

 

"Oh my god!" Joohyun internally screams. "Seul, baby please....my water broke, and I'm really scared. The baby's coming. Please hurry."


 

The brunette, however left her phone in the car, as she is now having a fruity, delicious drink at her friend Byulyi's bar. The drink is already starting to make her feel better.

 

"Hi y. I've never seen you around before." A pretty dark-haired woman is now flirting with her.

 

"Oh, no." Seulgi shakes her head. "My wife will kill me, and you if she finds out about this. Now, you need to go because she's small. But has a crazy chokehold."

 

"Oh, um, okay then." The woman leaves, disappointed. Seulgi promptly turns her attention back to the pineapple mango daquiri.

 

"Kkang Sseul, are you okay? Does Joohyun-unnie know you're out drinking?"

 

"God no. She'd probably kill me for that too. Byulyi-unnie, she's driving me crazy."

 

The blonde behind the bar promptly takes the remainder of the drink away. "I can't have you drunk. Because Yongsun and Joohyun-unnie will kill me too."

 

"Yea, well get in line, unnie. I'm not drunk, just a little buzzed. Oh , I need to go pick up atleast a dozen carrot cakes."

 

Byulyi's eyes widen. "Why a dozen?"

 

"She goes through them. Like me with pringles."

 

"Oh, well. Then I understand."

 

"Okay I got to go, pick up some cake, and Pringles because I'm out too. I'm leaving." She waves.

 

"God speed, Seul." The blonde watches her friend leave, and lets out a sigh. "She's doomed."


 

Joohyun ends up calling Seungwan, who hurries over with her girlfriend Joy.

 

"Oh my god, unnie." They see her panting on the couch, eyes shut in pain.

 

"Where the hell is Seulgi?"

 

"We got into a fight, sort of. She's not answering. What if something happened to my bear? I will never forgive myself."

 

Joy just rubs her shoulder. "Don't worry, unnie. We'll get you to the hospital in the mean time."

 

So, they help the pregnant Joohyun up, and out into Seungwan's car. Joy holds her hand in an effort to help the raven calm down some.

 

"Ow, goddamit. Someone call my idiot wife."

 

With her free hand Joy dials Seulgi. "It's going to voicemail, unnie."

 

", again. Seulgi, if you are not dead. I will kill you myself. I'm about to have the baby, you ing idiot." She screams into the phone.

 

Seungwan can only offer a silent prayer for her best friend. A particularly loud scream erupts from the raven as she grabs Joy's hand.

 

"Ow, dammit, unnie. I didn't do this to you."

 

"S-Sorry." Joohyun apologizes. "I just want my Seulgi. I can't do this without her."

 

"Don't worry, unnie. We'll call her again. When we get to the hospital." Seungwan promises, although mentally she is thinking something else. "Seul, you better not be dead for real, or Joohyun-unnie might actually kill you."


 

The brunette finds herself in a heated battle over carrot cake. She's holding on to one end of the box, and some short blonde is holding on to the other end.

 

"Let go. My life depends on this cake." Seulgi warns.

 

"No way. My wife will ing murder me. If I don't bring the carrot cake she's been craving."

 

Seulgi doesn't know who this woman is, and doesn't care. She can't possibly be having the same life threatening problems that she has with Joohyun.

 

"Well. I am double dead. You don't have a crazy, pregnant bunny on your hands."

 

"Yah! My ice princess is a definite, hormonal, crazy pregnant woman, and she wants this cake. I'm getting this damn cake."

 

"Let go of it, shorty." Seulgi pulls.

 

"You let go of it, and I am not short!" The blonde fires back.

 

"This is ridiculous. I'll pay you whatever you want to let go."

 

"What? Do you have any idea who I am? I can pay you to let go, probably more than you make in a year."

 

"Who the hell are you?"

 

"Kim Taeyeon, legendary music producer."

 

Seulgi blinks in confusion, as if this means anything to her.

 

"Well I am, Kang Seulgi, stressed, and oppressed wife. I'm representing all the innocent wives who have crazy spouses, and I don't care. This is the last damn carrot cake, and it will be going with me."

 

"Ladies. Ladies please calm down. There is a freshly made batch of cake right here." A store clerk offers.

 

"Thank god. Here have it, miss." Seulgi immediately lets go, nearly making the blonde fall. Seulgi grabs a fresh box.

 

"Yah, you crazy kid." Taeyeon shouts at her, but sighs in relief taking a newly made cake. She calls her wife who is no doubt at home waiting.

 

"Hey, Sica. Good news. I got the carrot cake you wanted. What? You wanted chocolate icecream and a bag of chips too! And pickles? She is stunned. "Baby you hate pickles."

 

Taeyeon pulls the phone away from her ear, wincing at the high pitch dolpin scream bombarding her ears. "Okay, pickles it is, honey. Damn this pregnancy."


 

They get Joohyun safely to the hospital. She is in bed in between shouting and crying. "I just want my wife. Is that too much to ask?"

 

"Unnie, no of course not. Try to calm down your baby is coming."

 

Seungwan takes it upon herself to call Seulgi. While Joy tries to calm the raven down. "Yo, Wan what's up?"

 

"Thank god, you idiot. Have you not seen any of your messages?"

 

"Not yet, why?"

 

"Just take a listen." Seungwan turns her phone towards Joohyun who is screaming.

 

"Goddamnit. If that's you, Seulgi. I'm going to murder you. I'm about to be in labor, hurry up, and get here because I need you."

 

Monolids go wide. "Oh , baby bunny's coming now!"

 

"Baby bear!"

 

"Bunny!"

 

"Bear!"

 

"Goddamn, are you two really arguing about this. Just hurry up, and get here, Seulgi-unnie."


 

The brunette puts her car in reverse in the direction of the hospital. Baby Bunny finally decided that they were ready to be born. Seulgi honestly can't contain her excitement.

 

"Oh. I'm going to be a mommy. This is really the best day of my life, baby bunny is on the way."

 

Joohun is a sweaty, tired mess by the time Seulgi arrives with carrot cake in her hands. "Hyunnie?"

 

"Oh, thank god. I need you, Seul."

 

"I got you some carrot cake."

 

All three women are looking at her with wtf, seriously faces. She needs some damn morphine more than she needs a carrot cake.

 

"I don't care about carrot cake right now. The baby is coming, and I really need you. I'm so sorry that we fought earlier."

 

Seulgi nods, wiping Joohyun's tears away. "Already forgotten, but you got to eat this carrot cake later. I got into a fight with some crazy shorty over it. Now lets welcome our baby huh, together?"

 

"Yes," Joohyun agrees. "Together."


 

Seungwan and Joy take their leave. Because they are not about to witness the birth. They have done their civil duty already, just by bringing Joohyun to the hospital. It feels like hours, but they can definitely hear the bunny screaming at the poor bear, everyone can, no doubt.

 

"Oh my god! This hurts so much. I ing hate you, Seulgi."

 

Joy and Seungwan exhange looks.

 

"But, Hyunnie?"

 

"No, don't touch me. Never touch me again. You did this to me!"

 

Now, the two on the outside are super confused. Surely, Joohyun can't blame that part on the brunette. They hear another scream, but it's Seulgi this time.

 

"Ow, damn my hand. I need these to draw you know."

 

"Shut up! I will rip your balls off for doing this to me."

 

Joy is out of her seat in an instant with horrified eyes. "Seulgi-unnie has those parts?"

 

"No. No." Seungwan shakes her head furiously. "Joohyun-unnie must be high on morphine, or something."

 

"Hyunnie. I didn't actually knock you up."

 

A loud smack was heard, and they have no doubts about whose on the recieving end of that hit. "Shut up." Joohyun snaps again. "You're my wife. It's your baby, and I don't care what you say. It's still your fault. Ow, goddamnit, someone get this kid out of me. Or I will cut it out myself, hand me some scissors."

 

"Hyunnie no, calm down."

 

"Well, Seulgi isn't going to have for a really long time after this. She'll be way too traumatized."


 

Soon the labor is nearing its end. "We can see the head, Mrs. Kang, just one more push should do." The doctor says gently.

 

"No..." She cries. "I can't. I've been pushing for hours. It's just going to have to stay right where it is."

 

The brunette gently cups her face in her hands. She kisses away the stray tears from Joohyun's face. "Kang Joohyun, you are without a doubt the strongest woman I know. You're honestly my hero, my super woman. I love you so much."

 

Joohyun tiredly smiles at her bear. "Oh, Seulgi, you're so sweet."

 

"You can do this. I know it. I'm right here with you, okay, let's greet baby bunny."

 

"Bear." She whispers tiredly, but then looks determined. With Seulgi by her side. She can do anything. She always believed that. "Okay, but only one more damn push."

 

She puts any, and all remaining strength into a final push. She is squeezing the color out of Seulgi's hand. The bear winces, but doesn't flinch. Soon loud cries were heard.

 

"She's here. Mrs. Kang, oh what a beautiful little girl."

 

The parents smile as they see their little girl for the first time, a head full of dark hair, small lips, face, tiny toe,s and fingers. She's cleaned, and placed in Joohyun's arms.

 

"Oh. Hi sweetiie...you are so pretty." The raven kisses her daughter's forehead.

 

"So beautiful. Just like you, Hyunnie."

 

"Look, Seul. She's so small." The brunette then takes a tiny hand into her own bigger one.

 

"You know. She doesn't really look like a baby bear, or a bunny."

 

"No. She doesn't." Joohyun agrees.

 

"More like a baby squirtle."

 

"Yah, you're calling our daugher a pokemon!" She hits Seulgi upside the head.

 

"What? Squirtles are cute. It's not like she looks Blastoise, or something. Then we'd worry."

 

Joohyun doesn't verbally protest. "Well I love you, baby girl." Then she turns to her wife, and kisses Seulgi's lips. "I love you too, Seulgi. I couldn't imagine having a family with anyone else."

 

"Me too, Hyunnie. I love you both very, very much."


 

Seungwan and Joy are the first to meet the newest addition to the Kang family. They instantly fawn over the cute child in Joohyun's arms.

 

"So, how does a bunny, and a bear have a baby turtle?"

 

"Science. Who freaking knows." Seulgi shrugs. "But, she's so cute."

 

"Yea, she is. Did you guys decide on a name?" Seungwan asks. "I called her being a girl. So I would be fine if you decide to name her Seungwan, as a thank you."

 

"Nah. Then we would have two Wan's, and the world won't be ready for two."

 

"Hey!" Seungwan feigns being insulted.

 

"We have a name." Joohyun whispers.

 

"Oh, then what is it. Because if it's Baby Kang. I'll get at least 100 dollars."

 

"Yah! Joy how could you place bets on my daughter."

 

"For fun mostly." Joy admits. "But the money doesn't hurt, though."

 

The couple chooses to ignore that with shared loving glances. Then they introduce their newborn to their friends.

 

"Seungwan, Joy meet our, Kang Yerim."

 

 So, Kang Yerim was welcomed warmly into the world by her two aunts, whom were both ready to spoil her with toys and gifts, and loving Mama Bunny, and Mama Bear ready to give her all the love, and affection in the world.

 

A/N: K, so that's done. I honestly just love Kang Family lol, the three of them just look like a family everytime I see them. I have an idea to write a peice added with baby Yeri terrorizing Mama Bear so if anyone would like that let me know. Thanks for reading!