A Kang Family Halloween

What Mama Bunny Wants She Gets

A/N: Hi readers, I’m updating this before Halloween like all my other things. Because I most likely will not be able to update on Halloween itself. So here goes Kang Family Halloween special for you all lovely readers. Thank you so much for making this story one of my most popular ones! Please enjoy


 

It is the 4th Halloween for the Kang family,  and they are once again trick or treating. Seulgi said it was for Yeri’s sake, but Joohyun didn’t believe that for one second. Her wife was just as excited about getting candy as her daughter. They normally try to go as a shared theme, so that they match as a family. The previous year they had all gone as Harry Potter characters. Seulgi as Harry, Joohyun as Hermione, and they dressed Yeri up in a gryffindor robe and matching scarf, equipped with mini wand.

 

This year though, little Yeri decided that she wanted to be a vampire. She would accept no other costume. Thus ruining the superhero theme. Joohyun was Wonder Woman, Seulgi was Supergirl and Yeri was supposed to be either Batgirl or Raven. It had been planned out, but now it is ruined by a little girl in a vampire cape and fake fangs.

 

“You ruined it Yerimie. You would have made a cute raven, you little demon.” The brunette complains to her as they walk towards a house.

 

“Yah, mommy! You’re mean.” the small child bites down on Seulgi’s finger.

 

“Ow, you bit me. What the….”

 

Joohyun hurriedly covers , just in case she was about to curse in front of their daughter.

 

“I’m a vampire, we bite.”

 

“Ugh, just come on.” she picks Yeri up. “You want more candy don’t you?”

 

“Yes!!!”

 

“Okay!!! We agree, now let’s go.” Seulgi runs off with Yeri in her arms. Joohyun sighs.

 

“Yah, you two. Just how much more candy are you planning to get? We already have three huge bags in the car.”

 

They don’t hear her though because they are already at someone’s door. They knock pretty loudly.

 

“Trick or treat!”

 

“Oh, how very cute. We have supergirl, a vampire….”

 

“Yah, Wonder Woman get over here!” Seulgi shouts to her wife so she can be seen. Joohyun slowly comes over trying to just get this part over with.

 

“Aw, a family. How adorable, please have as much candy as you want.” the nice older woman smiles.

 

Not having to be told twice, Yeri and Seulgi begin filling up their bags once again. They have been using small bags to fill up, and take back to the car to add on to the huge amounts of candy they already have. It doesn’t necessarily surprise the raven. This is her family after all.

 

“Thank you ajumma.” Yeri smiles.

 

“Yes, thank you. My daughter and I appreciate it.”

 

“Mommy. Come on, next house. Let’s go to the next house!”

 

“Okay, Yerimie.”

 

They are once again running off, leaving Joohyun with nothing to do but to apologize.

 

“I’m so sorry for my family.”

 

“No worries dear. Have a good evening.”
 

Joohyun spots them once again shouting at one another.

 

“Mommy, you’re not listening. You never listen to me.” Yeri shouts.

 

“Well, maybe if you listen to me. I’d listen to you more Yeri-ah.”
 

“Hey, what are you two over here screaming about. It looks crazy to have supergirl yelling at a vampire.” she reminds them.

 

The two of them seem to realize that Joohyun is right, so they look away with guilty looks.

 

“Oh, okay I guess you’re right Hyunnie. But I want to go this way.” Seulgi points right.

 

“And I want to go this way.’ Yeri points left.

 

“Listen, just one more house. We need to go home soon.’ Joohyun says in a finalized tone.

 

“Fine, Hyunnie. Come on Yerimie, let’s go the way that you want to go.”

 

“Yay!”

 

They walk for what feels like forever, they pass perfectly normally looking houses along the way. Joohyun wonders why they aren’t stopping at these houses. Her question is answered when Yeri spots a very creepy decorated house. It has skeleton props everywhere, witches sitting around a cauldron. There is black wallpaper and spray paint covering every inch of the house. Cobwebs, mini spiders, and all sorts of creepy things Joohyun wants nothing to do with.


“Let’s go there!” the mini vampire points. “They must have lot’s of candy.”

 

“Yes!” Seulgi nods. “Look at how cool it looks. They must be huge halloween people.”

 

“Uh, no… let’s not.” the raven looks uneasy.

 

“Why not mama? Are you scared?”

 

“N-No, why would I be.” she laughs nervously. “I’m an adult.”

 

“And you’re also Wonder Woman, you can’t be scared Hyunnie.”

 

“I’m not scared.” she repeats, not sounding convincing at all. “I just don’t want to go to that house.”
 

“Don’t worry Hyunnie. Yerimie and I will go, you just wait here.”

 

“Uh, okay. But hurry up so we can go home.”

 

Joohyun watches as Yeri and Seulgi go up to the scary looking house. Neither of them are scared, and are actually singing along happily to a song like it’s any normal looking house. Seulgi barely knocks on the door.

 

“Trick…. AH!!!!” Seulgi and Yeri scream together and get pulled into the house. It’s so dark by the door that Joohyun doesn’t see who or what grabbed them.

 

“What!!!” Joohyun is freaking out. Did her family really disappear into the freaky looking house.

 

“Oh my god! My wife, my baby.”

 

She’s scared out of her mind, but runs up to the door. She bangs on it hard.

 

“Yah! Creepy house. Give me back my family.
 

 

That’s when a dark, menacing voice booms out.

 

“You want your family. You must choose the wife or the child!”

 

“What! Give them both back right now.” she’s still banging hard on the front door.

 

“You have to choose! You can’t have them both.”

 

She hears Yeri and Seulgi both screaming bloody murder. What in the hell is happening in there.

 

“No, give them both back to me right now!”

 

“Well,” the voice pauses, no longer loud and booming. “Okay then.” that’s when the door opens. Yeri and Seulgi both come out unharmed and laughing.

 

“W-What?” Joohyun whispers.

 

“Ha, unnie. You should have seen your face. And you can because we got it all on camera!” She hears Joy. Then sees her come out dressed as Poison Ivy laughing her off.

 

“Joy?”

 

“It was all a joke mama. We aren’t hurt.”

 

“Um, just so you know. I had absolutely nothing to do with any of this, Joohyun-unnie.” She sees Seungwan, dressed as Sailor Moon coming out of the house too.

 

“You’re lying Auntie Wan. You helped us plan it.”

 

“And rented the house for the night.” Joy adds, sharing a high five with Yeri.

 

“What! Yerimie, I can’t even believe you would...say such untrue things.” the blonde adds in a whisper.

 

“This, this was all to scare me?” Joohyun questions in a whisper.

 

“Yes!” Seulgi nods. ‘Isn’t it great! You were so scared.”

 

“No, no it’s not great. I thought something happened to you two. I almost can’t believe this, but then again.” she sighs. “Never mind, come on let’s go home now.”

 

“Oh, um sorry Mama.” Yeri apologizes first. And hugs her around one of her legs.

 

‘Yea, um sorry Hyunnie. It’s Halloween you know.”

 

“Yes, it’s fine. Come on you two.”

 

“Um, unnie you’re not going to hurt them are you?” Joy asks seriously.

 

“What?” Joohyun blinks. “What is it that you think I do to them?”

 

“She starves us Auntie Joy!” Yeri hurries over to hug the taller woman.

 

“She lies and throws out all our pringles Wan!” Seulgi goes over to Seungwan and hugs her.

 

“Aw, my Yerimie. It’ll be okay.” Joy hugs the small vampire.

 

“Seul, calm down. You’re supergirl, don’t cry.”

 

Joohyun is in disbelief. “Come on you two, or I’ll throw away all of your candy.”

 

“No!” Seulgi takes off first.

 

“Wait for me mommy.” Yeri runs off too. “Not my candy!”

 

Joohyun sighs again. Then bids goodnight to Seungwan and Joy. The nerve of them all for planning this all out to scare her. Silly her for even believing it too. By the time she catches up to her family. They are already separating all of their candy into their own bags.

 

“Um, can we please do this at home?”

 

“Just a second, we’re almost done here.” Once finished Seulgi places her two giant bags of candy in the passenger's seat. The same seat that Joohyun always sits in.

 

“Hey, where am I supposed to sit?”

 

Seulgi is busy hugging the candy tightly. “Can you sit in the back?”

 

Chocolate brown eyes go wide, can she sit in the back, like some child. Oh, hell to the no.

 

“Seul, honey if I have to sit in the back. I’m going to go to bed tired every single night when you feel like playing.”

 

She tries to make it sound suggestive enough where Seulgi gets it, but not to the point that Yeri also gets it somehow.

 

“Why aren’t you supposed to be tired every night in bed?” The small child asks, confused.

 

“Why, yes Yerimie. That is true, we are always supposed to go to bed tired. We should be tired, every single…..”

 

“Yah, okay.” Seulgi cuts her off. “I get it. Don’t worry, I will see you real soon.” She whispers to her candy. Then places it into the back where Yeri is.

 

“Yerimie, please I am begging you. Whatever you do, do not touch a single candy of mine.”
 

“What?” Yeri looks up from her own bag of candy, never mind the candy is safe for now. The drive home is actually one of the quietest that it has ever been. It is because the two of them are so focused on candy.

 

“Seul, did you hear me?”

 

Seulgi looks over to her wife, but instead of Joohyun she sees a bag of skittles staring back at her.

 

“Yes, skittles!” She leans over to Joohyun, who doesn’t necessarily mind the , only not in this case.

 

“Yah, Seulgi I’m not candy!”

 

“Oh, um sorry skittles. I mean, Joohyun, yeah Joohyun.” She corrects and focuses back on the road.

 

“Never mind,” The raven sighs, then looks to her daughter. “Yerimie, baby did you have fun?”

 

The small child looks up from her candy. “I had fun, did you also have fun candy?” And her eyes look so glazed over. It’s so sad, they are already high without even having any candy.

 

“Yes, I had fun too baby.” She tells her, there is no point trying to break the child out of her trance.

 

The second they all get home, Seulgi with her two big bags of candy, and Yeri with her one bag. The bag that is bigger than her and she has to drag it as she walks.

 

“Yerimie! Look at all this loot! We made out so good this year, even better than last Halloween.”

 

“I know mommy, look at all of our candy. We also got to steal some from those other kids when they weren’t looking”

 

“Yah, Kang Yerim, what did you just say?” The raven questions with hand going on to her lasso.

 

“Nothing mama.” She smiles cutely.

 

“Anyway, it’s getting late so you two put the candy away. You can have some tomorrow.”

 

They both look at her like she’s gone crazy.

 

“What! Oh come on Hyunnie, we have all this candy and we can’t even have one piece?”

 

“Yea, not even some of our candy?”

 

“No way, so I can have the two of you up all night, bouncing off the walls. I don’t think so.”

 

Seulgi sighs. “Alright, Hyunnie if you think that’s best.”

 

Yeri’s mouth is wide open. How can her mommy just give in so easily? They have tons of candy between the two of them.

 

“Mommy!!!, How could you just say that?”

 

“Yerimie, calm down okay. It’ll be fine, let’s just put our candy away.”

 

“Fine.” She sighs, upset.

 

Seulgi begins making her way to the kitchen, like she’s really going to put the candy away. When all of a sudden….

 

“Yerimie, run!” She shouts, with bags of candy in her hands, now running out the front door.

 

Yeri understands. “Mommy, wait for me! You’re legs are longer than mine.”

 

“Yah, you two, what are you doing?”
 

The small child takes of running, some of her candies dropping from her bag. “My candy!”

 

“There is no time, leave it and come on.” Seulgi tells her. She gets to the car, throws her candy inside the car. She runs back to pick Yeri up and gets her safely into the car. Yeri sees Joohyun coming for them.

 

“Mommy, drive, you need to drive!”

 

Seulgi doesn’t need to be told twice and drives off fast. “Yes, we’re free now mommy. Now, we can eat all of the candy that we want.”

 

“Yep, you got it.”

 

Seulgi isn’t even a full block away and Joohyun is calling her. So, naturally she doesn’t answer and let’s it go straight to her voicemail.

 

“Kang Seulgi, I swear if you and Yerimie end up high on candy, don’t even bother to come home tonight. I am so not kidding here.”

 

Seulgi looks over to her daughter who is happily eating candy.

 

“Do you think mama will be mad?”

 

“Oh,” The brunette laughs. “She most definitely will be. We can’t go home now, not for a while. I guess it will be just you and me.”

 

“Okay, candy mommy.” She happily passes her some chocolate. Seulgi smiles.

 

“Yerimie, you know I think I love you.” She tells her seriously, accepting the candy. She is sure that she hasn’t ever felt this close to Yeri in practically ever. She and her daughter might end up being punished later on, but their candy was on the line.

 

“I think I love you too mommy.” She nods. “But, what are we going to do if we can’t go home?”
 

“Um, more trick or treating?”

 

“Yes, and we can pretend that we don’t have any candy.”

 

Seulgi laughs, ruffling up her dark locks. “Yeri, you are diabolical, evil and also brilliant.”


 

Joohyun though honestly doesn’t care if her wife and daughter are off somewhere. She now has the whole house to herself, finally some much needed peace and quiet. She is out of her halloween costume sitting on the couch, with feet up on the table. She is actually more concerned about one or both of them coming back high on candy. She’s especially more worried about Yeri than Seulgi, and now they are gone with three massive bags of candy.

 

“Damn, why the hell did I let them leave. Oh, well I’ll just go do some laundry.” She thinks happily and runs off to go do laundry. At least she can end her night happily, doing the thing she loves most. The scent of her fabric softener will also calm her fragile nerves.

 

Meanwhile, Seulgi and Yeri hit up houses all over again. They pretend that they don’t have any candy. When they have three huge bags waiting for them in the car. Everything goes well, people happily give them candy again. Until, they end up at one of the same houses they were just at.

 

“Trick or treat!”

 

“Oh,...didn’t we see you two here before?”

 

“No, don’t think so.” Seulgi answers right away, although they definitely saw one another.

 

“That was a different vampire.” Yeri adds.

 

“I, see…” The homeowner sounds reluctant. So, it’s definitely time for them to make a quick getaway.

 

“Run, Yerimie!” Seulgi shouts, and they run off back to the car. They laugh along the entire way.

 

“Mommy, I don’t think we’ve ever had this much fun before.”

 

“Not even when we do our epic water gun fights, the last time we used ketchup remember?”

 

“This is even more fun than that. The people believed us when we lied!”

 

“Oh, um baby, you know it’s not good to always lie.”
 

Yeri looks thoughtful. “It isn’t? We can even lie to bad people?”

 

“Well, if it’s lying to bad people then that’s okay.”

 

“Okay, but mommy I’m really hungry. Can we go home now?”

 

“Uh, we better not. We should wait until your mama is asleep, then we’ll be safer.”

 

“Okay.” Yeri sighs. Seulgi pinches her chin.

 

“Don’t worry, let’s go to the chicken place that we both love.”

 

“Yay!! I really wanted some fried chicken.”

 

“Me too, baby.”

 

They happily get to the chicken place, people compliment them for how cute they look in their costumes. It even earns them a platter of free fried chicken.

 

“This is so good!” Yeri grins excited.

 

“It’s the best.”

 

“Mommy, how come mama doesn’t like chicken? What’s wrong with her?”

 

That makes Seulgi laugh out loud, nearly choking on her chicken. “Mommy, don’t die!” She hits her back as hard as her tiny hands can.

 

“I’m fine, baby. There is nothing wrong with your mama. She just always said that chicken makes her stomach hurt.”

 

“Oh,” she nods, sipping on her juice. “It’s still weird.”

 

“I agree, but she’s still you mama okay.”

 

Seulgi looks up when she sees a group of cops enter. “Oh, ! She called the cops. Did she seriously call the cops on us?”

Then turns to her daughter. “Um, Yeri, baby act cool. Whatever you do just act cool.”

 

“Uh….”
 

“Hi officers! Good evening!” Seulgi laughs nervously.

 

“Oh, hi supergirl, vampire kid.”

 

“How’d they know, omg how’d they know!” Seulgi hurries to pay the bill, grabs the leftovers, and grabs her daughter. They try to leave only one of the cops talk to her.

 

“Um, wait a minute ma’am.”

 

“Uh, yes?” but she’s thinking. “This is it, we’re going to jail. Well, me probably since Yerimie is a child.”

 

“You and your daughter are so adorable, Happy Halloween.”

 

“Oh.” the brunette breathes in relief. “Thank you, say thank you Yerimie.”

 

“Thank you.” the dark-haired child nods. “Your costume is nice too mister.”

 

The cop laughs. “Thank you, little one.”

 

“What, what costume?” Seulgi blinks. “You’re not a real cop!”

 

“No, ma’am. It was just funny when you thought so.”

 

“You’re so silly mommy, of course it’s not a real cop outfit, you should watch more TV.”

 

“Huh?” the monolid woman blinks. She got panicked for absolutely no reason.


 

Meanwhile, for Joohyun she has excitedly washed all of the clothes. She ironed everything, separated clothes into each room accordingly. She made herself a huge plate of tteokbokki. She watched an entire movie, without any interruptions. It had to be forever since she was able to watch a movie without either Yeri or Seulgi interrupting her. This has to be the best night ever, save for earlier when they tried to prank her. She really thought something happened to them too, well she won’t be making that mistake twice.

 

There is only one more thing she wants to do to complete her night. She will give herself a relaxing facial. The brunette goes to get the face products and puts on the aloe skin cream. Then sits back in the living room with a glass of wine. When she hears the front door open, it let’s her know that her family is finally back.

 

“Mama, we’re….” Yeri stops. Ahhh!!!” She screams upon seeing the now green faced Joohyun. “Mama is a monster! She’s a monster.” She runs off as fast as she can with her candy.

 

“Yerimie, hold on I am not a monster.”

 

“Yeri, what is going on?” Seulgi stops too, takes one look at Joohyun and screams. “Ahh!! What the heck did you do with my wife?”
 

“Stupid, I am your wife.”

 

“Monster!” Seulgi runs away too, huge bags of candy in both of her hands. “Yerimie, I’m staying with you tonight. Your mama is a monster!”

 

“Hurry up mommy, lock the door and bring all the candy! That will keep mama monster away from us.”

 

“Yah, how much freaking candy did you two have?” Joohyun shouts up at them.

 

Because they are both acting high as all hell. Well, they are out of her hair at least. The brunette simply goes back to her wine.

 

“Happy Halloween I guess.”


 

A/N: Done, hope you all enjoyed this. I will see you all again for our next chapter. Without you readers none of this would really be possible. Thanks for reading.