Mama Bear's Birthday

What Mama Bunny Wants She Gets

A/N: Hi so I wasn’t originally going to do this but I had some extra time and it is our Seul’s birthday, and so I decided to add a birthday chapter for her in this Kang family collection. There will be one for Irene on her birthday next month too, and for yerim for her bday next month. but for now here’s Kang family oneshot with Joohyun and Yerim trying to come up with the perfect way to celebrate Seul’s bday. Enjoy ^^


 

Joohyun and Yerim sat together at the kitchen table both with stacks of paper in front of them and writing down ideas. It might look like the mother was writing down a grocery list and the child writing down toys she might want for Christmas again which isn’t for a long while. The truth is a actually something else entirely.

 

“Mama, I don’t know what to get for mommy on her birthday.” Yerim sighs and looks down at her paper that is full of pink writing of possible ideas for Seulgi’s birthday. Joohyun gently lifts up her daughter’s chin and urges her to smile and not look down.

 

“Don’t worry, Yerimie. We will figure out before Mommy’s birthday. We still have some time.”

 

“I know one thing, we can throw mommy a party. Um, a surprise party.”

 

Joohyun nods as she was thinking along those lines of a surprise party for her wife. It’s been years since the last surprise party Joohyun tried to throw for her wife back when they were still just dating. It ended in such a disaster with the cake arriving with the wrong name, people late, and somehow a stripper arrived to the wrong party making things very awkward because Seulgi’s parents were there. Joohyun vowed she would never do that again. But she will see how things go.

 

“Mommy would probably enjoy a surprise party, sweetie. I’m not sure yet, but at the least we can go shopping for birthday gifts.”

 

“Yes, shopping!” The small child nods eagerly. Joohyun smiles and pushes back dark locks from her face. The front door opens and that signals Seulgi is home. Joohyun and Yerim hurry to put away their papers and greet Seulgi at the door.

 

“Hi, mommy!” Yerim runs to hug her first. “How was your trip?”

 

Seulgi travels sometimes for work as she goes on book tours to promote her successful children series. She’s planning to write and draw a graphic novel series soon geared to young adults. The monolid woman smiles tiredly and pats Yerim’s head before lifting her up in her arms.

 

“It was a good trip. I’m glad to back home with my two favorite girls.”

 

“We’re glad your home too, Seul.” Joohyun leans in for the hug too and kisses her cheek. Seulgi says she’s going to put her bag away and then come down to spend the rest of her day with the two of them. Joohyun nods to Yerim that for now they’ll have to put birthday plans and ideas on hold. They don’t want Seulgi to find out anything before her birthday.

 

“When can we go shopping for mommy?” Yerim whispers.

 

“Tomorrow, sweetie. We don’t want her having any idea about us buying gifts for her.”

 

“Okay, oh mommy’s coming back.” She goes quiet in case so Seulgi doesn’t hear them talking. When the monolid woman comes down the stairs she looks at her wife and daughter with a curious gaze. They smile up at her looking innocent as can be.

 

“Are you two okay?”

 

“Yea, honey.” Joohyun assures as she walks over to kiss her fully on the lips. Kisses are usually always the best distraction. “We’re fine. Are you hungry? I made food.”

 

“Yeah, a little. Um…”

 

“Just go eat, mommy!”

 

“Okay, I’ll go eat something. You two are acting a little weird though.”

 

“Shh, honey.” The shorter woman smiles and pats her cheek. “We’re not acting weird. Just come have something to eat.”

 

“Alright.”

 

Yerim sighs in relief when she sees her parents go into the kitchen. They were almost caught here. They’re going to have to be more sneaky.

 

“We can’t let mommy find out we’re getting gifts for her birthday.”


 

Seulgi is of course already suspicious of her family. She just knows something is up for sure and even the next day at breakfast there is something odd with her wife and daughter. Although, they appear to be focused on their own food and they’re all having normal conversations. She can’t help the feeling that Joohyun and Yerim are up to something.

 

“Pass the rice, please.” Yerim asks Joohyun with a smile.

 

“Of course, Yerimie.”

 

It’s not a terrible unusual exchange. Yerim is usually kind and respectful to Joohyun. Seulgi still can’t pretend she isn’t feeling some sort of way with how the two of them are behaving.

 

“Are you two sure that you’re alright?”

 

“We’re fine, mommy. You worry too much.” Yerim sighs and sounds way older than she should in that one moment that it startles Seulgi to hear. Their daughter is going to be a grown up before she knows it and the monolid woman is still not ready for that.

 

“Yerimie and I are going out for groceries, Seul. We will see you in a little bit, alright?”

 

“Yeah, sure. I’m out of…”

 

“Pringles, we know.” The child shakes her head and jumps out from her seat to get herself ready. Seulgi smiles in amusement and watches after her little girl.

 

“I wasn’t actually out of Pringles but whatever works.”

 

Joohyun smiles too and pecks her wife against the lips. “Don’t worry. We’ll pick you up some anyway. I’ll see you later, Seul.”

 

“Okay, I’ll see you later.”

 

Seulgi pretends to go in the living room to watch tv as her wife and daughter prepare to go. They’re definitely up to something.

 

“Bye Mommy!” She hears Yerim calling.

 

“Bye, baby.”

 

“Bye, Seul.” Joohyun says next.

 

“Bye, Hyunnie.”

 

The next thing Seulgi hears is the door closing. She sees her family getting into Joohyun’s car and they drive off.

 

“What are you two up to?” The brunette wonders. She is going to find out all she has to do is make one of them talk. Seulgi has ideas on how to do that. She’ll wait until they return. After all, maybe the two of them are really just shopping. Meanwhile, in the car Joohyun highfives her daughter. They don’t think Seulgi has any idea what they are up to. But to be safe Joohyun figures she will pick up some groceries after they shop.

 

“I asked Auntie Joy to meet us.”

 

Joohyun hits the breaks so hard that she fear she will get whiplash. She turns to look at her daughter in disbelief.

 

“What, sweetie?”

 

“I asked Auntie Joy to meet us. She is mommy’s friend too, right? Maybe she will help us find good gifts for Mommy’s birthday?
 

“Yerimie, sweetie. This is just a trip for us. You didn’t need to invite Auntie Joy because the more people that know the higher the chance Mommy could find out before her birthday.”

 

“But Auntie Joy is the best.”

 

Joohyun sighs and runs her fingers through Yerim’s dark locks. There is no escaping Yerim’s Joy worship no matter what.

 

“Okay, fine. But she has to not say anything to your mom. We want it to be a surprise.”
 

“Auntie Joy is the best.” Yerim repeats. “I’m kidding, mama. I did speak to Auntie Joy but she’s not coming.”

 

“You were kidding?”

 

“Yeah, I know this is a mama and me trip.” The adorable little girl says with a smile that simply melts the raven’s heart. She kisses the top of Yerim’s head and tells her she’s the best little girl in the world. The mother and daughter arrive at the mall for some shopping. Joohyun holds her daughter’s hand as they walk into stores.

 

“Would mommy like more art stuff?”

 

“I think she has enough art supplies, baby. We’ll find something.”

 

It takes some time but Yerim finds the perfect gift in which Seulgi would enjoy. She eagerly points to the game system bundle with games and extra controller.

 

“Mommy loves gaming.”

 

“Yeah, that’s very true. Okay, tell you what. We’ll get this and say it’s from both of us, deal? If you find anything else you think mommy would like I will give you the money and you pick it out. Does that sound good, Yerimie?”

 

“Yeah, I saved up money in my piggy bank but it’s not enough to buy a lot of things for her.”


 

“Don’t worry about anything like that, Yerimie. Mommy will love anything you give her because it’s from you.”

 

“Okay.” The child nods. She hopes that her mom will enjoy whatever she does end up picking out. The two don’t stay out shopping for long because they only told Seulgi that they would be grocery shopping which doesn’t take long. They head to the store to get a few things to make it seem as if they were indeed shopping for groceries and make plans to try another day to find separate gifts for the bear-like woman. For now they have the gaming system which Joohyun knows the perfect place to stash said gift.

 

“I’ll put it in the laundry room. She won’t ever step foot in there.” Joohyun thinks in amusement. When they enter the house it’s to see Seulgi fast asleep on the couch. It’s to be expected because she just got home for a business trip. Joohyun places the gaming system in the laundry room and she and Yerim both put the groceries away. Seulgi wakes up from the moving about and notices they are back.

 

“Oh, hey you two. When did you get back?”

 

“Just now. Don’t worry, mommy. We got your Pringles.” Yerim looks slightly disgusted as she hands over a bag of Pringles for her. Seulgi laughs and kisses her cheek in thanks.

 

“Thank you, Yerimie. I know that couldn’t have been easy for you buying these for me.”

 

“It wasn’t.”

 

“Yerimie,” Joohyun shakes her head. “Don’t be rude. Why don’t you wash your hands and help me make dinner tonight?”

 

“Okay, I will. Enjoy your chips, mommy.”

 

“Thanks, baby.”

 

Yerim leaves and Seulgi walks into the kitchen to wrap her arms around Joohyun from behind. She might as well see if she can get her wife to talk. Seulgi will be as sweet, charming, and affectionate in this moment to get answers. She knows how weak Joohyun is for her affection. The monolid woman nuzzles her neck a few times and she can feel Joohyun stiffen some. But not because it’s unwanted. No, this is a somewhat nervous sort of stiff.

 

“Seul?”

 

“I missed you.” Seulgi says softly. Now Joohyun is no idiot. She wasn’t born yesterday, thank you very much. She knows Seulgi is semi-playing her.

 

“I missed you too, baby.” The shorter woman leans back to kiss her fully on the lips. If Seulgi thinks she’s just going to be all sweet and affectionate that will get her answers. Nope, not today and not with Kang Joohyun.

 

“Did you and Yerim get everything you needed today?”

 

“Yeah, we did. Now, I’m going to get ready to make us an amazing dinner with the help of our daughter, so quit trying to distract me with your kisses.”

 

“But...But…”

 

“I’ll let you know when dinner is ready, okay. I love you, baby.” Joohyun proceeds to shoo her out of the kitchen. Seulgi mentally facepalms at her inability to get any information out of Joohyun. But that’s okay there is still Yerim and she knows another great time to ask. For now she’ll just wait until after dinner. She distracts herself with more television and can’t help but take notice to Joohyun and Yerim in the kitchen. They are an adorable pair in all honesty. Yerim is wearing a matching pink apron like the purple one Joohyun has and it’s cute seeing her helping Joohyun, or trying her best to. It’s the little moments such as these that mean so much to Seulgi.

 

“Hey, Yerimie.” Joohyun whispers to her daughter.

 

“Why are you whispering?”

 

“We don’t want mommy to hear. But she is getting suspicious about us. Try to not let her trick you into telling her anything. We went grocery shopping today, only?”

 

Yerim looks at her mom in disbelief. Does her mom not trust her to handle mommy too? She isn’t some baby or anything. She is 7 years old and can take care of things by herself, or mostly by herself anyway.

 

“It’s mommy, I can handle mommy.”

 

The scary way that sounds should be alarming to Joohyun. The raven can’t deny she is just a bit proud of her daughter of course who is really her mini me in a lot of ways. She chuckles some and pats her head.

 

“Hey, that is your mommy and my wife, Yerimie. Will you please be careful with her?”

 

“I don’t make any promises.”

 

“Haha, well alright then.” Joohyun says no more and simply turns back to the food she’s making. By the time it’s done Seulgi sits down at her usual chair and acts normal. She is still wondering what her family is up to but she can’t afford to give too much away. It’s why she simply compliments Joohyun and Yerim on the amazing job they both did on dinner and keeps everything as normal as possible. The monolid woman knows that Joohyun probably knows that she is feeling suspicions. After dinner it is Seulgi that suggests that they watch a movie together.

 

“That sounds like a great idea, Seul. It feels like too long since we all sat down to a movie together.”

 

“I’ll pick the movie!” Yerim decides.

 

“I’ll make some popcorn.” Seulgi says then and Joohyun goes to retrieve their own comfortable blankets. Yerim has a pink unicorn one she always uses specifically for movies. She and Seulgi have this cony and brown one that they share. Yerim pointed out that it was cute and how they are both a bunny and bear which gave Joohyun incentive to buy the blanket. Seulgi waits until Joohyun is gone before walking over to Yerim who’s on the couch.

 

“Hey, kiddo?”

 

“Yeah, mommy?”

 

“I have a brand new hello kitty snowglobe for you in my bag. I bought it for you at the gift shop on my trip.”

 

Yerim’s eyes get so wide. She wants that hello kitty snowglobe and she wants it now.

 

“Where is it? Can I see? Can I see?” She jumps up and down in excitement.

 

“Sure, squirtle. All you have to do is tell me what you and mama are truly up to.”

 

“Oh…” Yerim pauses mid-jump. She looks at her mommy who is smiling at her and Yerim is no stupid kid. She knows without a doubt this has to be a trick. There probably isn’t even any hello kitty snowglobe at all. Yerim smiles back.

 

“Mama and I bought groceries earlier. I even bought you those nasty chips you love so much, okay.”

 

“Hey!”

 

“I’m back.” Joohyun says then with blankets in hand. “What are my two best girls talking about. Seulgi laughs nervously and heads to the kitchen to get the popcorn.

 

“Nothing, Hyun. I just wanted to ask Yerim if she would like something to drink with the popcorn.”

 

“Soda!”

 

“Only one, baby. I don’t want you bouncing off the walls all night from soda.” The raven reminds the little girl. Yerim sighs in disappointment but accepts her mama’s rule. Seulgi returns with the popcorn and soda’s for all of them. Yerim chooses the movie and the family of three sit on the couch together. During various parts in the movie Joohyun can’t help but to look at her wife and child. These small moments such as these with them sitting together and watching movies are always some of the best. The moments like these are the ones Joohyun never takes for granted. She is with the people she loves the absolute most in the world, and one of them has a birthday coming soon and Joohyun hopes to make it a very nice one for her wife. Halfway through the movie Yerim falls asleep and Seulgi carries her up to her bedroom. The couple tuck her in and place a kiss on each side of her cheek. As they walk toward their bedroom Joohyun takes her hand and kisses her knuckles.

 

“I love you, Seul. It’s so good to have you home.”

 

“I love you too, Hyun. I’m glad to be home with you and Yerimie too.”

 

The couple go to bed and Joohyun immediately cuddles up to her wife. Seulgi wraps her arms around her waist to bring her closer. The brunette knows her family are surely up to something. But maybe she should just let them be. Whatever it is can’t be anything bad, at least Seulgi doesn’t think so.

 

“Okay, family. I’ll just have to wait and see what happens.”


 

The next day when Seulgi has to go into meet with her publishers Joohyun and Yerim has the time wisely. They meet with Joy and Seungwan to discuss a small little gathering of sorts.

 

“Auntie Joy!” Yerim runs to her and the taller woman hugs her tightly.

 

“My precious, Yerimie. How are you, sweetie.” The current dark-haired woman smiles at her goddaughter.

 

“Better now.”

 

Joohyun and Seungwan both sigh. Yerim loves Joy more than anything else it seems.

 

“Are we ready to talk about your mommy’s birthday?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Hi, Yerimie.” Seungwan says to her. “Can I also have a hug?”

 

Yerim freezes in Joy’s arms and looks at the newly brunette woman for a long time with a stare that is similar to Joohyun’s that it’s kind of scary.

 

“No, I don’t think so.”

 

“Just give it up, Wan. Yerim is attached to Joy.”

 

“Of course she is! Who doesn't love me. Anyway, what’s the plan for Seulgi’s birthday?”

 

Joohyun then explains she wants something small for her wife with their friends and Seulgi’s parents just before she and Yerim do something with her just the three of them.

 

“We can surprise her. I’ve already asked my in-laws and they’re going to be coming and helping too.”

 

“I can’t wait to see Grandpa and Grandma.” Yerim tells her mom since she hasn’t seen Seulgi’s parents in awhile.

 

“Me too, sweetie. Seungwan you have the cake covered, right?”

 

“Sure, I’ll be glad to make the cake for Seul’d birthday and some cupcakes too.”

 

“Are we having this at your house?” Joy wonders.

 

“No, I set it up at a restaurant and closed it for a few hours on Seul’s birthday. I’ll text the directions and the owners already know you’re coming so just give them your names. I just want Seulgi to have a nice birthday with everyone.”

 

“Hey, she will. We’ll help get everything set up too. Don’t worry, Joohyun. Seul will have a great birthday.” Seungwan assures. The older woman thanks them and once everything is finalized she and Yerim leave to go shopping again. Seulgi’s parents will be helping with the party planning which does give Joohyun time to get other things in order. Yerim is determined to find a gift from her to Seulgi.

 

“Too bad mommy doesn’t like hello kitty.” The child sighs as she notices a lot of different hello kitty stuff. Things she would probably buy for herself but it’s not her birthday.

 

“Mommy does like Pikachu, right?” The raven tries to help her out. Yerim nods that Seulgi does like Pikachu.

 

“She likes Pikachu. I know, what about the Pikachu socks and slippers? Do you think she’d like them?”

 

“I think mommy will love them, honey. Why don’t we go buy them and we can wrap it at home for her.”

 

“Okay, I’m glad I found something for mommy. What are you going to buy for mommy?”

 

Joohyun smiles and tells her daughter to not worry. She has it all under control for her wife’s birthday. She has something planned for the three of them as well to celebrate. But she hopes the small party will be nice for her wife. Seulgi is always so thoughtful and considerate to everyone and Joohyun just wants to show her other half how much she means to her, and how lucky she feels to be married to the woman. The two of them purchase the socks and slippers and head home. Joohyun helps her daughter wrap the gift in orange colored wrapping paper.

 

“I can’t wait for Mommy’s birthday.”

 

“Me too, baby. I can’t wait to see for her birthday either.”

 

On the morning of her birthday Seulgi awakes to what is two beautiful sights. One her wife and the other her little girl. Both of them are surrounding her with hugs and kisses. She sits up in bed because they sing to her and Joohyun has a special breakfast for her too.

 

“Oh, is it my birthday?” Seulgi chuckles some with tears forming in her eyes. The monolid woman has been distracted lately and wasn’t thinking too much about said birthday.

 

“Yes, mommy. Are you getting that old already?” Yerim teases and Joohyun is about to lightly reprimand her. However, Seulgi just grabs their daughter into a hug and thanks her.

 

“Thanks, Yerimie.”

 

“Happy birthday, honey.” Joohyun smiles and kisses her lips. “I made breakfast, so enjoy.”

 

“Thank, Hyun.”

 

Seulgi eats the delicious breakfast her wife made for her and barely after she’s done Yerim is trying to drag her down to the living room.

 

“What’s the rush, kiddo?”

 

“You have to open some presents.”

 

“Okay, I’ll open some presents.”

 

Seulgi allows Yerim to lead her down to the living room. She sits down and her daughter hands her the first gift wrapped in orange wrapping paper.

 

“I hope you’ll like it, mommy.”

 

“I’m sure I will, Yerimie.”

 

“Mommy will love your gift.” Joohyun reminds Yerim again as she knows Yerim is still feeling somewhat anxious about Seulgi not liking her gift, which is not going to happen. The little girl waits on what feels like bated breath to see if her mommy will like the gifts she picked out.

 

“Oh, wow.” Seulgi smiles. “Pikachu socks and slippers too. These are so great, sweetie. I love them.”

 

“Do you love them really?”

 

“I love them, thank you.”

 

“I’m glad. Mommy and I picked out this one for you.” Yerim gestures to the next gift that’s in a bag.

 

“Yes our daughter and I thought this would be good for you, Seul.”

 

“Well if it’s from you two I know. I’ll love it.”

 

Seulgi waits for them to show her the bag which happens to be a new gaming system. It’s been such a long time since Seulgi has been able to game and it’s not only a thoughtful gift but it’s something she would have certainly wanted for herself. She thanks the two of them with hugs and kisses each.

 

“Thank you, Hyun, Yerimie. I loved all these things.”

 

“We’re glad, baby. But don’t think that’s all. We have more in store for you.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, it’s your birthday and Yerimie and I are ready to have a great day with you. Does that sound good?”

 

Seulgi nods and swears she will not cry. At least not right now. She is very touched by her family.

 

“It sounds incredible.”

 

Seulgi finds out part of what her wife and daughter were up to later as they tell her she needs to dress nicely because they’re going out. When Seulgi tries to find out where they’re going neither Joohyun or Yerim would tell her anything.

 

“We can’t tell you.” Yerim told her. “It’s a surprise.”

 

“Don’t worry, honey. You’ll find out soon. Yerim and I will wait for you downstairs, okay.”

 

“Sure, I guess I’ll go get ready and find out soon.”

 

Seulgi does find it odd how she has received phone calls from other friends and people in her life but none from her parents, Seungwan, or Joy even. It’s very odd to her in fact but before she can even question it her family are telling her that they need to go. Joohyun tells her not to worry about a thing.

 

“It’s your birthday, baby.”

 

“Alright, I’m sure you have it all under control, Hyun.”

 

She wouldn’t be Kang Joohyun if she didn’t have everything under control. Everything was all set at the restaurant thanks to help from her in-laws, Joy, and Seungwan. The only thing that they needed to do was get the birthday girl there. Yerim helped out by telling Seulgi to close her eyes when they got closer.

 

“Close my eyes?” Seulgi wondered.

 

“Yes, mommy. You have to close your eyes. I’ll hold your hand, so don’t worry.”

 

“Okay, as long as you hold my hand.”

 

Joohyun thinks it’s the cutest sight ever. They’ve come a very long way from those terrible two days of Yerim acting like the worst brat to Seulgi in particular. She can’t help to snap a few photos of what is the precious moments of Yerim holding her mom’s hand to help guide her toward the restaurant. Seulgi will be very surprised because she hasn’t seen her parents in awhile. Joohyun was glad that her in-laws were able to help set this up too. The raven sends a quick text that they are entering the restaurant for everyone to be ready. Seulgi keeps her eyes closed until she hears her wife and daughter tell her to open them. When the monolid woman does open them its to see a most wonderful surprise of her parents, Seungwan, and Joy too.

 

“What’s…”

 

“Surprise!” Everyone choruses out with smiles.

 

“Really, I….don’t know what to say?”

 

“It was Hyun and Yerimie’s idea, princess.” Her dad speaks first as he walks over to hug her. “We just helped.”

 

“Of course we did, Seul. We are so glad to be able to see you for your birthday, sweetie.” Her mom also hugs her. Seulgi hasn’t seen her parents in too long so it’s really nice to be able to hug them. Joohyun takes photos and a small video of the heartfelt moment. Joy and Seungwan also get hugs in and a few birthday punches in.

 

“Come on old woman. Let me give you punches!” Joy can be heard shouting but Joohyun pulls Seulgi away because there is cake to be had.

 

“Thank you, Hyun.” Seulgi whispers softly to her wife and Joohyun kisses her cheek. She knows Seulgi isn’t simply saying thank you for getting her away from Joy in that moment.

 

“I wanted us to have this little get together for you. But something later just you, me, and Yerimie. I know it’s been a while since you’ve seen your mom and dad.”

 

“It has and this is really perfect, Hyun. I love you.”

 

“I love you too, baby.”

 

“Time for cake.” Seungwan announces. “I made some cupcakes too, Seul. Happy Birthday, buddy.”

 

“Thank you, Wan.”

 

Everyone surrounded the brunette to sing happy birthday to her. She laughed as her wife and daughter playfully touched her cheek with icing from her slice of cake when it was sliced. She was simply happy to be with all the people she loved and cared for the most on her birthday and nothing could top this day. She shared a look with her wife in the midst of all the laughter and it’s the same soft smile.

 

“Thank you, Hyun.” She thinks silently and knows Joohyun can hear her somehow.

 

“You’re welcome, Seulgi-yah. Happy birthday.”


 

Bonus:

 

It was a nice gathering that lasted a few hours but Joohyun kept mentioning that she had something else planned that the three of them needed to get too. The staff, Seulgi’s parents, Seungwan, and Joy stayed to help with the cleanup process and Joohyun drove them. Seulgi again tried to get them to give her a hint but no one would talk.

 

“Do you know what it is?” Seulgi asked her daughter. Yerim sat in the backseat with a knowing glint in her eyes.

 

“Nope.” She chuckles.

 

“You do too.”

 

“I do not.”

 

“I’ll give you some candy if you tell me.”

 

“Well…”

 

“No, Yerimie. Remember, we’re surprising mommy.”

 

“Yeah, sorry, mommy. But you’ll find out soon.”

 

Seulgi nods and doesn’t try any longer to find out what the next part is. This has been a really wonderful birthday and she will trust in her family here. The surprise ends up being an empty room?

 

“It’s an empty…” Seulgi pauses. “Wait…” She knows exactly what this is. It’s an empty art studio. Bigger than the current one she’s been using for the last several years and can fit a lot of her art projects.

 

“Yes.” Joohyun nods. “I know you haven’t exactly had the time to look for new studio space. I told Yerimie that I found the perfect place for you to work on your art, and I brought her to see. She loved it too.”

 

“It’s empty for now, mommy. But I know you’ll fill it up with new and nice art.”

 

“Thank you, baby.” Seulgi whispers softly and hugs her daughter. She meets eyes with her wife. Joohyun is truly the most incredible woman she has ever known. This is truly the best gift. Yerim runs off to look around the studio and Seulgi walks over to hug Joohyun tightly and spins her around some.

 

“Hyun, I can’t believe you did this!” She laughs excitedly. “I mean...the price….”

 

“I don’t care about price, Seul. Not when it comes to you and how much I love you, sweetheart. I know this is something for you and your career. You will make such good use of this, honey. I love you very much.”

 

Seulgi smiles with the tears in her eyes that Joohyun gently wipes away and kisses one by one.

 

“I love you more, Kang Joohyun. Thank you for what has been a wonderful birthday.”

 

The shorter woman smiles. If Seulgi has had a wonderful birthday then her mission has been accomplished. She leans up to kiss her lips.

 

“Happy birthday, honey.”

 

“Mommy, Mama. Can we go for ice cream now! It’s still mommy’s birthday?” They can hear their daughter ask and they share a laugh and walk towards her while holding hands.

 

“It is my birthday still, let’s go get that ice cream.”

 

“Yes!” Yerim laughs and runs outside to the car.

 

“You would think it’s her birthday.” Joohyun chuckles. “Ice cream sounds really good right now, though.”

 

Seulgi agrees. Ice cream sounds amazing right now. It especially sounds amazing because she will be eating it with the two people she loves most her wife and daughter. Any birthday she spends with her family is always the best birthday ever.


 

A/n: Happy birthday again to Seul! I will do one for Yerim’s and one for Irene’s since their month is next in March. I hope this one was okay for you guys and thanks for reading ^^