Squirtle's Birthday

What Mama Bunny Wants She Gets

A/N: Hi all, so this is a Yeri chapter for her bday. Happy birthday to our Kim Yerim whom I adore and is a most precious girl whom when I see her I’m like (must protect!) this oneshot is taking place more around the time when Yeri has been to preschool already so she can have some kind of fun kids party planned for her by her parents. (I’ll of course eventually write the chapter when she goes, because this story does bounce around in time) please enjoy.


 

Seulgi and Joohyun were using their time wisely while their daughter was away at school to start the planning for a birthday party. She’ll be turning 6 this year and that’s such a big deal for the two. Seulgi has one list in her hand which is really making sure all the decorations and places she and Joohyun want to look at for the party are in front of her. Her wife has the guest list, cake and caterers, and is in the middle of writing something down on a separate piece of paper when her business cell rings. She answers it and Seulgi overhears her wife telling her assistant that for that particular day she will be unavailable.

 

“Yes, my daughter’s birthday is that day. But please make sure the client has the best service possible, alright?”

 

Joohyun runs a very successful laundry and dry cleaning company with many people using her services from well known famous people to average. She started really at home doing small stuff for people but that branched out into a huge clientele, and her being her own boss she can come into the office when she is needed. But a lot of the times certain clients who have been with her a long time would prefer if she is the one overseeing the actual dry cleaning.

 

“My laundry goddess.” Seulgi teases and tries to kiss her other half. Joohyun holds up her hand instead.

 

“Hey!”

 

“Not now, baby. We still haven’t gotten much done as far as Yerimie’s party. We have to at least pick and choose a place to have the party. I finally got the guest list down.”

 

“How many kids and parents?”

 

“It’ll be small. There’s going to be about 10 children with their parents, plus Joy and Seungwan will show up. I also asked my parents to come in from Daegu too. They haven’t seen Yerimie in so long and they will come as a surprise.”

 

“Oh, that’ll be so nice for her to see her grandpa and grandma. My parents will be there too, so she’ll have double the grandparents there.”

 

“Double the gifts you mean.” Joohyun laughs in amusement as she can just hear her daughter’s thoughts besides being happy to see both sets of grandparents.

 

“I think this will be a good day, especially since she’ll be surprised.” Seulgi thinks out loud and her wife agrees. Yerim has no idea so far about what they are planning to do for her and they both can’t wait to see the excited and surprised look on their little girl’s face.

 

“She will be so happy. I think we have time to check out some of these places before picking Yerim up.”

 

“I have a better idea. Let’s check them all out and have Yerim’s favorite person pick her up from school.”

 

“Good idea, babe.” Joohyun agrees. At least this way they can check out the different locations to have Yerim’s birthday party, and their daughter will be able to see the person she favors most. Joohyun sends a quick text that is responded to almost immediately.

 

“Of course I will pick up my precious Yerimie! You two just make sure you find the perfect place to have my baby’s birthday party!”

 

Seulgi shakes her head at the text her wife shows. “Well, at least she’ll keep Yerim distracted while we check these places out.”


 

Seulgi and Joohyun also make sure to call the teacher at the school to let them know a close family friend will be picking up their daughter and that Yerim knows her. It’s not like Joy hasn’t ever picked Yerim up for them before but as parents it’s always better to keep communication lines open between themselves and Yerim’s school. After that’s taken cared of the couple head out to their first destination which ends up being an outside area which would be good but Joohyun is worried about the obvious.

 

“The gardens are nice and this would be good if this was in the late spring or early summer.”

 

“Yeah, I agree.” Seulgi nods. “Okay, let’s go check out the other two places. They’re both inside, so that shouldn’t be the issue between deciding.” As the couple go to do this one little girl is ready and waiting to be picked up from school. Her teacher informed her a little while ago that her parents said someone special would be coming to get her. Yerim tried to think of who it could be. Although, she really hopes it’s one person in particular. She waits for any sign of someone coming as other kids have started to be picked up already. Just when she thinks no one is coming she sees the familiar person she loves.

 

“Yerimie!”

 

“Auntie Joy!” The little girl sees the taller woman in the distance and takes off running. Joy simply catches her in a warm hug before picking her off the ground.

 

“Sorry, I’m late.” Joy apologizes first to the teacher and then to Yerim. “Traffic was pretty bad but I’m here now.”

 

Yerim nods and hugs her tight as her little arms can. If either of her mom’s can’t come to get her from preschool then she is always happy to see Joy.

 

“Okay, kiddo. It’ll be just you and me for a few hours, so what would you like to do.” Joy already has the instructions from Joohyun and Seulgi. They’re looking at possible places to have Yerim’s surprise party and during the time Joy is just supposed to keep Yerim distracted, which shouldn’t be any problem. She and Yerim always have fun together no matter what.

 

“Can we get food! I’m so hungry, Auntie Joy.”

 

“Of course, sweetie. We can go get food. Let’s make sure you’re all bundled up first.” The dark-haired woman puts her down to make sure her coat is on and buttoned properly, scarf tied correctly, hat and gloves too. She can’t have her precious Yerim out there walking around with her in any kind of way. Not to mention her parents would throw a fit if Yerim got sick especially before her upcoming birthday.

 

“Alright, you look ready to me.”

 

“I look like a pink marshmallow!” The child adorably laughs at her puffy pink coat and Joy laughs too.

 

“Yeah, but you’re a cute pink marshmallow. Alright, let’s get going.” Joy reaches for her hand and they head off to her car. At least Yerim hasn’t yet asked about her parents. But Joy knows at some point Yerim will ask and she’ll make up some sort of believable excuse. For now Joy does text them to say she has Yerim and will be bringing her back home when they’re ready. Joohyun sees the text and tells Seulgi that Yerim is with Joy now. They did go to the second place but it wasn’t at all what either of them expected.

 

“Can you believe that place.” Joohyun says in clear disappointment. “They tried to advertise it as kid friendly but there was nothing kid friendly about it.”

 

“I know, honey.” Seulgi agrees and uses her free hand to rub her palms. “There was nothing in that place that resemble anything like the pictures online. Complete false advertisement.”

 

“Hopefully the last place won’t be like that. I just want our Yerimie to have a great day with her school friends and our family and friends.”

 

“Me too, Hyun. I think this last place will be good. They had some really great reviews online.”

 

The raven hopes it will work out. She has been wanting to have a nice party for her daughter for so long. This is as good as any to have one since Yerim has begun preschool and has some school friends. The couple pull up to the place and from the outside it’s already looking perfect with all the bright colors, character statues, and how definitely family friendly it all seems. The staff were not only nice, helpful, and accommodating to all of their needs and wants for the party. The entire area completely screamed kids parties. Seulgi was about to lose her mind when she say the bright colored ball pit area.

 

“Hyun…”

 

“No, you aren’t going in there. I don’t care if you can fit through the tunnels!” Joohyun says it a little too loud and it has people looking their way. Seulgi laughs nervously.

 

“I didn’t want to go. I just think it’ll be great for Yerimie and her friends. I think we should book the place, oh is it possible to have a Hello Kitty themed party?” Seulgi asks the staff.

 

“Yes, ma’am. Whatever it is that you both want for your little girl’s special day. We are here to accommodate.”

 

Joohyun is looking at her with with doubt. She has a feeling Seulgi really did want to run down those tunnels and into the ball pit. At the same time she is satisfied with the place and its environment. Joohyun can simply imagine Yerim running around here playing with her friends and just having fun.

 

“Okay, let’s book the place and then we can finish getting everything else ready too. But at least this is the right place.”

 

Seulgi agrees and hugs her wife. “It’s the perfect place for our Yerim’s birthday party.”

 

Meanwhile, Yerim was completely fine while they sat to food and she happily told Joy about her day. Joy even offered to get her ice cream after which was met with enthusiasm. Yerim held onto her hand as they walked and happily regaled the older woman with tales of her school and classmates.

 

“Guess what happened after, Auntie Joy.”

 

“The Sesame Street crew came through and sang you songs.” Joy teases and of course Yerim looks at her with confusion.

 

“Um…Sesame street?”

 

“Oh yeah, sorry. It was probably way before your time, kiddo.”

 

Yerim has no idea what Joy is talking about. She assumes it’s something wise since this is her beloved Aunt Joy after all. There is one thing the little girl is curious about as they make their way back to Joy’s car.

 

“Auntie, how come mommy or mama didn’t come get me?”

 

Joy knew it would be coming sooner or later and so she has a good excuse made up. “Your parents were both held up with work things, kiddo. It’s why you’re here with me.”

 

“Oh, okay.” Yerim smiles in understanding. She holds Joy’s hand tighter then. “I’m glad you’re with me, Auntie.”

 

“Of course, sweetie. I’m glad to spend anytime with you too. I did get a message from your mama, though. They’re on their way home now, so I can take you home right now, or we can go to our favorite candy store first.”
 

Yerim’s eyes light up immediately. She nods eagerly. “Candy store first!”

 

Joy laughs. “You got it, Yerimie. We’ll go there first before I take you home.”



 

At home the couple are so relieved and happy that at least they have the place. Everything else can be handled accordingly before the big day. While Yerim is still with Joy the monolid woman shows Joohyun where she’s been stashing some of Yerim’s gifts in her art room.

 

“I’ve got a few of the things I know she really wanted.” Seulgi moves the brown boxes she was using as a cover to hide the actual gifts.

 

“I shopped for her as well.” Joohyun nods and lets her wife know that the gifts she bought are safe in a spot Yerim will not look either.

 

“I am really glad we get to do this for her, Hyun. It’s going to be our first time really throwing her a surprise party, and that’s such a big deal.”

 

The raven agrees and leans over to hug her taller wife. It is a huge deal being together and planning a birthday party for their daughter. Joohyun could not imagine another person by her side raising their daughter.

 

“Yerimie is going to be so happy, honey. I’m glad we get to do this together too.”

 

They stop talking and discussing birthday plans before Yerim comes home. Their little girl runs through the door and hugs her parents one at a time. Joy stands there announcing that their child is safe and sound.

 

“Well, Kangs. One Yerim safe and sound as promised.”

 

“Thank you for picking her up for us, Joy.” Joohyun thanks her. “Did you have a nice time with Auntie Joy, baby?”

 

“Yes!” Yerim nods. “We had food and ice cream. Then we went to our favorite candy store. I brought you and mommy candy too.” She gestures to the small pink bags from the candy shop one each for Seulgi and Joohyun.

 

“Thanks, squirtle.” Seulgi nods and hugs her. “Thank you, Joy. We know it was last minute but we appreciate you being able to pick Yerimie up and spend time with her.”

 

“No, I love spending time with my Yerimie. Didn’t we have a good time, kiddo?” Joy hugs her one more time to which the child nods.

 

“We had the best time. I’m going to take off my jacket and backpack now. Bye, Auntie. I’ll see you soon.”

 

“Bye, Yerimie. I will see you soon!” She waves goodbye and turns to her parents. “How’d it go? Did you two find the perfect place for Yerimie’s party?” Joy asks when Yerim is no longer in sight.

 

“We did, Hyun took some pictures.” Seulgi tells her and they show off some photos of the party place and Joy nods with thumbs up. Yerim and all of her little friends will love a place like that.

 

“If there’s any other help you two need don’t hesitate to ask me or Wan.”

 

“Thanks, Joy. We can definitely use some help with the actual setup and decorations. Some of the parents are helping out too. It’s still a surprise party, so please don’t give Yerim any hints.”

 

The taller woman looks scandalized by what she’s hearing. Do they really think she would ruin Yerim’s surprise party before it happens? No, absolutely not. She is just as excited for Yerim’s first ever surprise party as they are.

 

“Oh come on. I wouldn’t ever ruin the surprise for her. She’s going to have so much fun, and I can’t wait.”

 

“Neither can we.” The couple agree. Joy leaves soon enough and they thank her again for spending time with their daughter today. Joohyun goes up to Yerim’s room to see if she needs any help with anything. But the little girl is already out of her jacket, hat, scarf, and boots that are all neatly away.

 

“Hey, sweetie. Did you have a good day at school?” The raven wonders and sits down with her.

 

“Yes, mama.” Yerim nods. “Mrs. Im is the best teacher and her wife surprised her with flowers today. But the other best part was Auntie Joy coming to get me. We had so much fun.”

 

Joohyun kisses the top of her daughter’s head. “I’m glad you had a good time at school and with Auntie Joy. I’ll go make something for dinner now, and I’ll let you know when it’s time to eat, alright?”

 

“Okay, mama.”

 

It doesn’t appear that Yerim knows anything at all about what’s being planned. Not that Joohyun was worried much about Joy telling her ahead of time. All she and Seulgi need to do is get a few more things in order before it’s to surprise their daughter, and neither one of them can wait. It becomes clear in the coming days one little girl can’t wait either. As morning at breakfast Yerim can’t help but to remind them both.

 

“Guess what’s soon!” Yerim says happily from her seat.

 

“Oh, I don’t know, squirtle.” Seulgi feigns ignorance. “What’s happening?”

 

“You know.” The little girl frowns. Her parents have to know what’s happening after these last few years of her being in their lives.

 

“Is there something happening, sweetie?” Joohyun wonders too.

 

“You both know!” She pouts cutely and looks down. “My birthday is soon.”

 

“Oh, is it?” The monolid woman grins. “Is it your birthday soon?”
 

“I had no idea, Yerimie.” Joohyun plays along too.

 

“That’s not funny!”

 

The parents chuckle and offer kisses to her cheeks in apology.  “We know it’s soon to be your birthday, sweetie. Are you excited to be turning 7?”

 

“Yes!” Yerim perks up again just like that. “I knew you didn’t actually forget it.”

 

“No, we could never forget the most special day that your mommy and I were blessed with you.” Joohyun promises with a warm hug. They don’t have much time left but there aren’t a lot of details left to plan. They’ve had a lot of help from everyone and that took care of so much of the extra responsibility. She and Seulgi went in person to put the cake order in that will be delivered in time to the party place. Joy, Seungwan, and some of the other parents have been in charge of getting all the decorations and will help set up before actually getting Yerim there. She will really like that it’s going to be a hello kitty themed party.

 

“You would be bad parents if you forgot!” Yerim teases.

 

“Hey, now.” Seulgi laughs. “Do you want us to pretend that March 5th comes and we don’t remember.”

 

“No…” Yerim shakes her head. “No, don’t forget!”

 

“Your mommy is kidding, Yerimie. We won’t forget about your birthday.”


 

The couple continue using those last few days before her birthday wisely. Yerim is in school and that helps with any last minute planning although, most of the big stuff is handled long before now. Seungwan offered to make some hello kitty inspired treats to go along with the cake that she felt the kids would really enjoy. Joohyun and Seulgi also gave her quite the suggestion that she should consider for the party.

 

“Wait, you think I should dress up in the hello kitty costume?” Seungwan wonders out loud.

 

“Yeah, it’s a good idea.” Seulgi nods.

 

“It’s the only way she’ll hug you.” Joohyun tells the younger woman. “She won’t know it’s you and you’ll get a hug from our daughter. Either way you both win.”

 

“Hmm…”

 

“It’s not a bad idea, Wan.” Joy agrees. “You could just get a hug after all.”

 

“I’ll think about it.”

 

“You’d better think quick. We need someone to get in the hello kitty outfit and soon. Her birthday is coming up and if you’re not going to do it, Seungwan. Seul and I will just have to ask someone else.” the raven looks over to her wife who automatically catches onto where Joohyun is going with it.

 

“Yeah, I mean I guess if you don’t want Yerim to finally hug and acknowledge you, Wan. I think someone at the party place will be able get in the hello kitty outfit for her.”

 

The couple share a knowing look as they can see Seungwan really debating for all of a few moments before quickly agreeing.

 

“Oh, hell. I’ll do it! She’ll finally hug me!”

 

Joohyun, Seulgi, and Joy take one look at the other woman and laugh out loud. Well, at least not only will Yerim have one great birthday party. Seungwan will also get hugged by her it seems. Seulgi and Joohyun thank them both for their help with everything so far and the next time they will all be seeing each other is for the party.

 

“You better take care of my Yerimie before then!” Joy threatens.

 

“Yeah, yeah..” Seulgi laughs. “Don’t worry. She’ll be fine. You just make sure to be on time before we surprise her.”

 

“I’ll be there. I wouldn’t miss it for anything.”

It was very clear that the entire night before her birthday Yerim was excited. Joohyun and Seulgi actually treated their daughter to a small pre-birthday celebration day. They took her out to her favorite chicken place and then treated her to small gift of her choosing which turned out to be a unicorn doll. Seeing Yerim happy felt good but it was so hard hiding the bigger surprise for her tomorrow. Joohyun and Seulgi tucked her into bed that evening and could tell she was much too eager to fall asleep.

 

“I don’t want to go to sleep.”

 

“You have to, Yerimie. Tomorrow is a very special day and you don’t want to be too tired for it.” Joohyun tells her as she pulls the blankets up over her some more. Yerim still looks wide awake.

 

“I’m not tired, mama.”

 

Seulgi sits down on the other side of the bed. “Would you like for mama and I to read you a story?”

 

“Yes.” Yerim agrees. Joohyun and Seulgi then walk over to the bookshelf in her room. They give her different choices of books and she chooses goldilocks and the three bears. Joohyun and Seulgi read it to her just as animatedly as they have in the past. Yerim is able to fall asleep after the second reading. The parents give her kisses against each of her cheeks before sharing soft looks with one another.

 

“Tomorrow is going to be a wonderful day.” The raven speaks.

 

“I know, honey.” Seulgi agrees. “I can’t wait for tomorrow with our special little girl.”


 

When Yerim wakes up on the morning of her birthday she is greeted warmly by her parents who come into her room singing happy birthday to her. Joohyun has her favorite breakfast for her as well.

 

“Happy birthday, squirtle!” Seulgi says first.

 

“Happy birthday, Yerimie.” Joohyun smiles.

 

“Thank you, mama, mommy!”

 

“I made you breakfast. I’m sure you’re hungry.”

 

“I’m really hungry, thank you.”

 

As Joohyun sits with her to feed her the breakfast even though Yerim insists that she is a big girl and can feed herself.

 

“You’re always going to be my baby.” Joohyun can be heard saying. Seulgi laughs to herself as she sends a few texts to see what’s going on. Everything is set up at the party place. Her parents have just arrived and are helping out further along with Joohyun’s parents. They’ll be bringing Yerim over around noon for the party.

 

“Yerimie, let your mama spoil you while you’re still our little girl.” Seulgi gently pinches her cheek.

 

“Okay, if you both want to.”

 

“We want to, Yerimie.” The raven promises. “Now after breakfast, let’s see what you would like to wear for today. Mommy and I are taking you out.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, really. You didn’t think we wouldn’t do anything at all for today, Yerimie.” The monolid woman speaks like it’s ridiculous. “It is your birthday after all, right?”

 

The little girl looks up with a bright smile and nods. Today is her birthday and she thinks she has the two best parents ever. Meanwhile, at the party place everyone has just finished putting up all the last minute decorations. Parents are starting to arrive with kids and their all excited to be able to celebrate Yerim’s birthday with her. Joy informed everyone that around noon is when Joohyun and Seulgi will be bringing Yerim and that they will count to three in order to surprise the birthday girl.

 

“Remember everyone she has no idea, so be sure to scream out loud surprise.”

 

“I can’t wait to see the long on Yerimie’s face.” Joohyun’s mom speaks. “We haven’t been able to see her in a while, so when Hyun asked us if we could come we wouldn’t miss our granddaughter’s birthday.”

 

“Same here.” Seulgi’s dad agrees. “She will surely be happy to see everyone here and how much effort went into her party.”

 

Joy agrees and goes to check on Seungwan who is one again contemplating on whether or not she should actually wear the hello kitty costume. The shorter woman looks absolutely conflicted as she paces back and forth. Joy laughs some before walking over.

 

“Hey, I thought you were going to do this.”

 

“I mean…” Seungwan stops. “I want to...but this is one huge cat head!” She points to the costume head.

 

“Well, what do you expect. You don’t have to stay in it for long. You just make an appearance and go. You do want Yerimie to hug you, right?”

 

“I do…”

 

“Hey, if you don’t want to. I’ll be glad to do it.”

 

“No, that’s okay!” Seungwan shakes her head. “This could be my only chance to get Yerimie to hug me, so I better take it.”

 

“Alright,” Joy laughs. “I’ll let you know when. They’ll be on their way soon.”


 

Yerim chose to wear a white top with a unicorn image and pink pants. Joohyun fixed her hair for in a cute ponytail too and still the little girl had no idea what was going on. Her parents only said they were getting ready to go out and even as she sat in the back of the car neither of them would give anything away.

 

“Where are we going?” Yerim asks again.

 

“You’ll find out soon.” Seulgi says.

 

“I’m going to need you to close your eyes, baby.” Joohyun tells her.

 

“Close my eyes?”

 

“Yes, don’t worry. I’ll be holding your hand the whole time.”

 

“Umm…” She sounds hesitant but Seulgi nods to her that it’s all going to be fine and Yerim agrees to closing her eyes once she’s told. Joohyun is sure to hold tightly to her hand while Seulgi texts everyone to be ready. They hurry to get to places to hide and are ready to shout out surprise for when the family of three enter.

 

“Okay places, people!” Joy announces. “My precious Yerimie is on the way.”


 

“Mama?” Yerim sounds nervous since they’ve been walking a while and she still hasn’t been able to open her eyes. Joohyun holds her securely then and whispers to her that they are almost there. Her mother’s voice makes her feel better. Her questions are answered soon when she’s able to open her eyes and hears the loud and excited voices of so many people she knows.

 

“Surprise!”

 

“Surprise, Happy Birthday, Yerimie!”

 

It’s a surprise birthday party and there are her school friends, Auntie Joy, her mommy’s parent’s, mama’s parents too, and it’s hello kitty themed too. Yerim starts laughing so much that there are happy tears in her eyes.

 

“I didn’t know it was going to be a party!”

 

“It’s why it was a surprise, baby.” Seulgi says with a hug.

 

“Are you happy, Yerimie?” Joohyun wonders.

 

“I’m happy.”

 

“Happy birthday, Yerimie.” Her school friends surround her first and she gets hugs. All the adults take pictures of the cute interactions first and foremost. She thanks all of her friends and of course gets warm hugs from both sets of grandparents.

 

“Hi, grandma, grandpa.” She hugs Joohyun’s mom and dad first since it’s been even longer since seeing them both.

 

“Hello, dear. We just couldn’t miss this special day of yours.” Mrs. Bae says first with kisses to her cheek.

 

“How’s our favorite granddaughter?” Mr. Bae also asks.

 

“Ah, but she’s also our favorite.” Mr. Kang admits with a laugh and gets his own hug too.

 

“Thank you, grandpa.”

 

“How do you feel being a big 7-year-old, sweetie?” Mrs. Kang asks.

 

“Good!”

 

Of course Joy isn’t about to let everyone get in on the hugs without her getting one too. She doesn’t even have to say anything before Yerim runs off to the direction of the taller woman who meets her halfway to hug her.

 

“Auntie!”

 

“There’s the birthday girl! Were you really surprised?”

 

“Yes, I was really surprised.”

 

Joohyun and Seulgi are just about to ask if Seungwan chickened out at the last minute and decided to not go through with dressing up as hello kitty. But they soon see the costumed figure holding a tray of the treats she made and all the kids start running over to her. Yerim’s eyes get all huge too but no one’s sure if it’s because of the treats or because of the costumed figure.

 

“Yerimie, sweetie. Would you like to go give Ms. Hello Kitty a hug?” Joohyun offers with phone in hand since she has to take a video of what could very well be a historic moment for everyone. Yerim looks hesitant for all of a few moments but Joy nods that it’s okay. Seungwan is busy freaking out underneath the hello kitty head.

 

“Oh my god. She’s about to hug me. She’s about to hug me.”

 

Yerim is walking closer and it feels like everyone’s waiting on bated breath for the moment of truth. Seulgi has her phone out too in order to take video of this moment too.

 

“Hi, Ms. Hello Kitty!” Yerim hugs her then and Seungwan internally freaks out since this moment is so rare. Of course she goes and ruins it by taking off the costume head.

 

“It’s me, Yerimie.”

 

“What?”

 

“Oh, stupid!” Joy shakes her head.

 

Joohyun cracks up in loud laughter as she records the moment. Seulgi shakes her head as well. It could have been a wonderful moment indeed, but now with the way Yerim is looking.

 

“Oh, hi Auntie Seungwan. I’m going to go play with my friends now.”

 

“Hey, you hugged me!”
 

“I only hugged who I thought you were. Bye!”

 

“But….”

 

“Why did you take off the costume head, Wan!” The taller woman shouts. Seungwan is simply standing there in shock for so long that Seulgi simply helps her friend sit down at the adult tables.

 

“It’s okay, buddy. At least she did hug you, I guess.”

 

Joohyun on the other hand has stopped laughing long enough to simply watch how genuinely happy their daughter is as she runs around the place with her friends. It’s what she and Seulgi wanted in the first place. She looks happy as they play games, drink soda, eat food, and of course singing happy birthday to her with that beautifully decorated cake was also another highlight. Seeing their daughter excited as she opened each gift and hug everyone who gave her something was special too. Spending time with everyone who loves and cares for their daughter too meant a lot. The parents stood off to the side holding hands as they watched.

 

“She’s really have a great time, huh?” Seulgi smiles.

 

“She’s having the best time.”

 

“I’m glad we did this for her, Hyun.”

 

“Me too, baby.”

 

There is silence for a long moment until Joohyun looks at her wife with a knowing look. “If you want to go down the tunnels and into the ball pit you better go now.”

 

“What, really?”

 

“Yes, but only if I can run down there with you.”

 

“Haha,” Seulgi laughs. “You’re just as big a kid as me. Okay, let’s go!”


 

The parents run off for the tunnels to slide down them like any two kids and when Yerim’s friends notice they point out to her the obvious.

 

“Um, Yerimie. Aren’t those your mom’s?”

 

“Hmm?” The little girl turns. “No, I don’t know them.” But she wears a small smile on her face as she sees how genuinely happy and like two little kids her parents appear to be. She really does have the best mom’s ever and she is thankful for them.

 

“Happy birthday, Yerimie!” Joohyun and Seulgi shout to her from inside the ball pit and she can do nothing but laugh.

 

“Thank you, mama, mommy!”


 

A/N: happy birthday, again to our Kim Yerim. I hope she has a wonderful birthday and is surrounded by so much love and positivity. And hope you all enjoyed reading this oneshot.