Kang Family Christmas

What Mama Bunny Wants She Gets

A/N: Hi everyone and Merry Christmas. I wasn’t originally going to do this but it is Christmas and why not a Kang family oneshot for this collection.


 

 

Yerim sat in her room with her favorite pink marker in hand. She’s writing her list to Santa Claus and doesn’t want to forget anything. Last year Santa did so well and got her nearly everything she had requested. The little girl is hopeful that this Christmas will be a repeat. Yerim bites down on her bottom lip as she crosses out an item to replace it with something else.

 

“I hope Santa gets my list in time.” It’s only less than a week until Christmas and she’s off to a late start. She really should have finished her list by now.

 

“I better get this list to mama.” She thinks cheerfully and hurries to find her mama, who is good with lists and will keep better track of it than her mommy would. The small dark-haired child looks for her mama. She isn’t in the laundry room. She’s not in the living room or outside in the backyard. Yerim doesn’t even find her in the kitchen. She’s checked all the major areas to where her mama would be, and now she has to ask her mommy.

 

“Mommy?” Yerim calls out but there’s no response. Yerim hopes she hasn’t been left alone in the house. Her mom’s wouldn’t leave her alone.

 

“I need to call Auntie Joy!”

 

Auntie Joy will know what to do. The sound of her mommy’s art room closing tells her that someone has to be home.

 

“Mommy?” She wonders and hopes it’s someone and not a kidnapper.

 

“Yerimie?” Joohyun notices her daughter and makes sure the door is closed behind her. She stands against the door to make sure Yerim doesn’t try to enter. The small child looks at her curiously. Is it her or is her mama acting weird?

 

“Mama, where were you? I was looking for you?”

 

“I was just tidying up mommy’s art room. What can I help you with, sweetie?”

 

“I wrote my list for Santa. I wanted to give it to you because mommy will lose it.” Yerim hands her the letter to which Joohyun takes from her. The raven-haired woman folds it up carefully.

 

“I’ll make sure Santa gets it, baby.”

 

“Thank you!” Yerim smiles. “Santa did so good last year with my presents, so maybe this year will be good too.”

 

“Yeah, baby. I’m sure Santa will come through. Did you eat anything yet? Let me make you something.”

 

“Okay, mama. But where’s mommy?”

 

“She’s helping a friend with something. She’ll be home later.”

 

“Alright, it’s almost Christmas soon. I don’t want her to miss it.”

 

“Don’t you worry. Mommy will not miss Christmas with us.”

 

Joohyun takes her daughter by the hand and leads her downstairs to make something to eat. She may have told Yerim that Seulgi was out helping someone. The truth is she’s wrapping some of Yerim’s Christmas gifts now, and it’s why Joohyun blocked the door to make sure Yerim wouldn’t get suspicious. Ever since their daughter could walk and talk the two of them have been careful in hiding her Christmas presents. It’s also just nice for their little girl to be a kid still and believe in Santa Claus. They wanted their daughter to enjoy the magic of Christmas for as long as she could.


 

Joohyun makes food for Yerim and leaves for a moment to check on Seulgi. She finds her wife wrapping gifts and quickly closes the door behind her.

 

“Did she find out?” Seulgi wonders from where she’s sitting on the floor.

 

“No, thankfully. But our daughter handed me a list for Santa.”

 

Seulgi laughs in amusement as Joohyun hands her the letter written in that too familiar pink ink.

 

“Well Santa has it all under control. She wouldn’t stop talking about the gifts she wanted for so long, at least we got everything.” The monolid woman looks over the list to see that everything she and Joohyun bought for her is here on the list.

 

“I think it’s nice she still believes in Santa Claus. We have our little girl still, at least for a few more years before she’s grown up before we know it.”

 

The slightly taller woman pauses when her wife mentions about Yerim growing up. It’s true that Yerim is still their baby girl for now. But with how time just flies so fast their baby will be a pre-teen, then teen, and finally an adult before either of them know it. It’s so odd to think about since for Seulgi it really feels like just the other day she was holding a small baby in her arms. Not too long ago Seulgi knows they were both watching as Yerim took her first wobbly steps. It’s mind blowing to think of their eventual teenage daughter, so for now the couple will do all they can to give Yerim the best possible childhood.

 

“The world will never be ready for our teen Yerim.” Seulgi shudders in thoughts of the possibility. Joohyun chuckles some and leans down to kiss her wife on the lips.

 

“For now she is still our little girl.”

 

“Mama!” Said little girl can be heard yelling and it sounds like she’s by the stairs. Joohyun makes a run for it and again closes the door behind her. The last thing they would want is for Yerim to find out what’s actually going on here.

 

“Yerimie, what’s going on?” Joohyun asks her daughter before hurrying to pick her up. The small child is looking at her with another suspicious look. There has to be something going on in her mommy’s art room.

 

“Nothing, I’m finished eating.”

 

“Yeah, I can see that.” The dark-haired woman gently wipes her chin of sauce. She and Seulgi have that in common at the least. Joohyun has wiped her wife’s face so many times she’s lost count. Joohyun walks down the stairs with Yerim in her arms.

 

“When are you going to give my list to Santa?” Yerim asks.

 

“Soon, don’t worry. I will make sure Santa gets your list.”

 

Yerim breathes a sigh of relief. She is glad that her mama is on the job and will get her list to Santa. It’s not that she doesn’t trust her mommy. She loves and trust her mommy too in most things. However, things like lists she would trust to her mama.

 

“Are you sure mommy will be home soon?”

 

“I’m positive. Why don’t we watch a movie together? Does that sound good?”

 

“Yes!” Yerim agrees. She likes watching movies with her mama. She really likes watching movies with both of her parents. But her mommy isn’t here right now, so it’ll have to be just the two of them. Joohyun sits her down on the couch and gets her favorite pink blanket. Joohyun figures that this gives time to distract Yerim while Seulgi can show up like she was just getting in from outside.

 

“Are you comfortable, sweetie?” Joohyun asks as she makes sure Yerim is fine on the couch with her soft pink blanket that she hardly ever leaves alone. Yerim nods that she is comfortable and they watch the movie. The little girl becomes so engrossed in the cartoon on the screen. She doesn’t notice when Seulgi enters the living room really looking like she’s been out.

 

“Are my two favorite girls watching a movie without me, for shame?” Seulgi sighs in a mock dramatic tone. Yerim looks up immediately when she spots her bear-like mommy.

 

“Mommy!” She runs to her and it’s probably the cutest thing Joohyun could see. Especially when Seulgi leans down to pick her up. Joohyun loves these two more than anything else, and it’s wonderful being a part of this family. Yerim may have her moments from time to time. What kid doesn’t? One thing for sure if that their daughter loves them and they love her too.

 

“Hey, what’s this for? I already gave you your allowance.” Seulgi teases some and gently runs her fingers through her daughter’s dark locks. Yerim shakes her head and mumbles something about being worried that she wouldn’t be here for Christmas.

 

“Oh, no, Yerimie. Don’t worry about me not being here for Christmas. We still have things to do, right? Like finish decorating our tree.” Seulgi gestures to the tree that isn’t yet completed. Things kept getting in the way but Joohyun knows for sure the family of three will finish it.

 

“Why can’t the tree be pink!” Yerim wonders. Seulgi laughs and puts her daughter back on the couch. Only this time she’s in between both herself and Joohyun.

 

“Honey, the tree is going to be green.” Joohyun tells her.

 

“Why, I like pink.”

 

“Well, for that matter why can’t the tree be purple.”

 

“Pink, mama!”
 

“Purple, Yerimie!”

 

Seulgi can do nothing but watch them go back and forth over what color the true should be. It’s cute in a way when her wife and daughter start making funny faces at one another before breaking out into giggles. Seulgi loves her family more than anything. Having quality time like this is always worth it for the brunette.

 

“We all know the tree should be orange.” Seulgi throws in her favorite color. Yerim and Joohyun look at her with blank stares that match before cracking up in loud laughter all over again.

 

“No, Mommy. Orange is gross.”

 

“Hey!” Seulgi complains.

 

“I’m sorry, honey. But our Yerimie is right. Orange is just not a good look.”

 

“Alright, I see how it is. If either of you bashes my orange I’ll just have a talk with Santa about those presents.”

 

“No!!!!” Yerim screams and hugs the monolid woman. “Please don’t talk to Santa, wait you know Santa?” This is the first time she’s hearing about her mommy knowing Santa. Has she been giving her Christmas list to the wrong mom all this time?

 

“All parents know Santa, Yerimie. Just something to keep in mind.”

 

“Hmm…” The little girl sits in such a silence for a long moment that her parents worry that something is wrong.

 

“Are you okay?” Joohyun wonders out loud. Her daughter is kind of just sitting there zoning out too long.

 

“I didn’t know you both knew Santa!”

 

The couple chuckle at their adorable little girl. She gets two kisses against her cheek to which Yerim wipes her face clean and complains about the kisses. It of course earns her more kisses to her cheeks. The family of three decide to get started on finishing up the decorations for the tree. Joohyun went to get the box of ornaments and Seulgi gets the lights. Yerim helped too as much as she could.

 

“Here, mama.” She hands Joohyun the Christmas ornaments that have each of their names on it. The purple one for Joohyun. The pink one for Yerim and the orange colored one for Seulgi. One of the most fun parts of course was when Seulgi picked Yerim up for her to be able to put the star on top.

 

“Wait, a little more this way, mommy.” Yerim motions to her right because the star is currently crooked at this moment. It’s Joohyun who lets them both know that the star is correctly placed. After they are done they all take a moment to look at how pretty it looks.

 

“The tree is so pretty.” Yerim says from in between her parents.

 

“It looks good.” Seulgi agrees. “I’m glad we all did this together.”

 

“Me too, sweetie.” The raven agrees. She takes a few photos of their newly completely decorated tree.

 

“Wait, we forgot the Christmas stockings.” Their daughter reminds them and it’s true they usually do have stockings with all their names on it. Joohyun knows where she keeps everything and goes to retrieve a separate box of smaller items.

 

“Oh, good…” Yerim sighs in relief. She was worried for a moment that they were missing. They need their respective stockings to complete the tree.

 

“Looks like we’re all set.”


 

The next day Yerim wakes up to what is snow. The child is excited to see the pretty white flakes slowly coming down. She can’t remember if it snowed last year. Maybe it did? But what matters now is that it’s snowing today. It’s going to be Christmas soon which means they will have snow for it. Yerim gets out of bed puts on her pink house shoes and runs for her parents room. They have to know that it’s snowing too.

 

“Mommy, Mama!” She calls them first before jumping into bed with the sleeping pair. It’s Joohyun who wakes up first as usual. She focuses on her daughter who is smiling excitedly.

 

“What’s going on, Yerimie?” Joohyun wonders with a yawn. She pushes some of her dark locks away from her face.

 

“It’s snowing, mama! It’s snowing.”

 

Joohyun turns to look out of the window and sees Yerim is right that it is snowing. It’s the first snowfall of the year and it couldn’t have come at more perfect timing. It’s right before Christmas and it will make for a nice scenery. Joohyun leans over and kisses her cheek.

 

“It is snowing, sweetie. Perfect for Christmas, no?”

 

“Yeah, can we go play in it.”

 

“Let’s wake up mommy first and have breakfast.”

 

Yerim agrees to that and proceeds to plop done on the bear-like woman. It’s sometimes difficult in waking her mommy up. Yerim doesn’t even bother most times and leaves her there to sleep. As far as she knows only her mama can wake the sleeping bear.

 

“Mommy?” Yerim pokes her cheek. Seulgi continues sleeping and doesn’t appear to be waking up. Yerim pokes her cheek harder in an effort to wake her.

 

“Five more minutes, mom.” Seulgi says groggily.

 

“I’m not your mom. I’m your daughter, mommy!”

 

“Huh, what, who?” The monolid woman opens her eyes and looks at the small child who is looking at her with a bewildered expression on her face. It takes Seulgi a few moments to really pull herself together and she yawns before patting Yerim’s head.

 

“Oh, sorry, Yerimie. I was dreaming. What are you doing here?”

 

“It’s snowing, mommy. Look, come and see.”

 

Seulgi nods and allows her daughter to take her hand and lead the way to the windows. The brunette is fully awake by now and can see it’s clearly snowing. She smiles and the smile matches Yerim’s. Joohyun can’t help to smile at the adorable expressions on her wife and daughter’s face. Christmas really is some of the most special times they can have as a family.

 

“Well, look at that. Should we go out and build a snow-family?” Seulgi asks Yerim because anytime it snows the tree of them usually go out and build snow people that represents each of them. It’s always fun and of course the snowball fights are epic. Even with Joohyun always winning no matter what the two of them do. Not to mention they usually have hot chocolate to warm up with right after they come back inside.

 

“We will go out. But after we have breakfast, guys.” Joohyun reminds them. The promise of food is what causes Seulgi and Yerim to run off for the kitchen. The raven chuckles as Seulgi picks Yerim up into her arms and they run off.

 

“Faster, mommy. I’m hungry!”

 

“Me too, Yerimie.”

 

“Those two.” Joohyun shakes her head and laughs. Even seeing them running off together for the kitchen will never get old. As they eat breakfast Yerim insists they need to see Auntie Joy because she wants to give her Christmas present to her.

 

“You don’t want to see Auntie Wan?” Joohyun wonders.

 

“I only have a gift for Auntie Joy.”

 

Seulgi tries to not laugh at Yerim who is looking dead serious at what she just said. There will never not be a time where their daughter isn’t attached to Joy. Joohyun simply reminds her that she has to at least be nice to Auntie Seungwan.

 

“Fine…” Yerim sighs. “Can we go play in the snow now?”

 

“Yes, we can. Let me make sure you’re dressed properly, okay.” The raven tells her daughter and goes to help Yerim dress warmly for the snow. She picks out the correct warm boots, gloves, scarf, jacket, and once she feels Yerim is all set for the snow. She goes to check on Seulgi. The brunette is dressed only in a leather jacket and scarf. Joohyun is not amused in the least and drags her wife into their bedroom.

 

“You’re not going out there and getting sick. Where’s that black coat I bought you last year, and your gloves and scarf!”

 

“Hyun…” Seulgi sighs. “I’m a bear, remember? I generate my own heat.”

 

Joohyun isn’t hearing that answer and proceeds to get her wife into warmer clothes. Seulgi knows it’s only because Joohyun is a concerned wife and partner. The gentle way the shorter woman is tying her scarf makes Seulgi smile.

 

“Happy now?” Seulgi asks softly and leans down to her lips. Joohyun has a soft smile on her face before shaking her head.

 

“No, not until I do this.” She leans up to kiss her wife tenderly on the lips. Seulgi can barely return the affection before Yerim is heard clearing .

 

“Kiss later. I want to play in the snow!”

 

The pair break away and laugh nervously. They better hurry and take their little girl outside before she has a fit. Joohyun gets herself ready too in her favorite purple gloves, scarf, and boots before putting on her own warm coat. Now the family is ready for snow. Nothing is a good as hearing Yerim’s excited giggles and she runs out first into the snow. She is the cutest thing as she shows them both her hands full of snow.

 

“Snow family, baby?” Seulgi wonders first.

 

“Yes! I’m making the baby snow girl!”

 

“I’ll make the mama snow woman.” Joohyun starts gathering up snow to start making her snow woman. Seulgi also gets to work making her own snow woman who’s going to be just a tad taller than her wife’s. Yerim is going to make the smallest member of the snowman family in representation of herself.

 

“We need carrots for the nose and button eyes.”

 

“You’re right, honey. I’ll go get them, alright?” The raven lets Yerim know and she returns inside the house. The little girl tugs on Seulgi’s arm for her attention.

 

“What’s wrong, Yerimie?”

 

“We should throw snowballs at mama when she gets back.”

 

Seulgi smiles and thinks as fun as that would be. Are they sure they wish to die so soon? Joohyun will kill them if they do a surprise sneak attack like that.

 

“You know how your mama is, Yerimie. It will be all out war.”

 

“We can hide.”

 

“She’ll hunt us down to the very ends of the earth, or at least to the end of the block.”

 

Yerim frowns. She knows her mommy isn’t wrong here. Her mama will indeed hunt them down and especially throw snow right back at them. At the same time the little girl feels its worth it. At least to see the look on Joohyun’s face when she realizes she’s been hit with snow.

 

“I’m gonna throw snow.” Yerim decides with snowball ready in hand. Seulgi thinks this is an absolute horrible idea. It’s one thing to engage in a mutual snowball fight where Joohyun is aware. It’s an entirely different thing when Yerim throws snow and starts a fight with Joohyun unaware. Seulgi knows either way she will get some sort of blame for this. It’s why she simply grabs a snowball too. If she’s going to die. Seulgi is going to die on her own terms.

 

“Okay, I have the carrots and buttons for….” Joohyun is cut off when two snowballs are thrown at her. One from Yerim and one from Seulgi. She stands stunned for all of a moment before reaching down and grabbing snow too.

 

“Run, Yerimie!”

 

“Wait, your legs are longer!”

 

Seulgi takes off with Yerim trying to run after her too. They can try to hide at least. They don’t get very far because Joohyun is charging at them with snowball after snowball.

 

“How is she making them so fast?” Yerim complains. She can’t even make them fast enough to throw back. Seulgi is using the tree for some protection. She tries to throw some snowballs too but she’s barely hitting Joohyun.

 

“I’ll show you two not to throw snowballs at me when I’m not ready!” Joohyun screams and the attack begins. There is so much snow coming at both Seulgi and Yerim that they can do nothing but huddle up and protect themselves as much as possible.

 

“Why did we throw snow at her!” Yerim screams. Seulgi rolls her eyes and pulls her daughter closer.

 

“You’re the one who started it, Yerimie!”

 

“No one told you to throw it too, mommy. You’re the adult!”

 

“Hyun, we’re sorry! Can we please go finish making our snow family? It’s our representation of our family.”

 

It works naturally. The way Seulgi mentions their family gets to the raven. Joohyun loves her family very much even when they drive her absolutely crazy. It’s why she simply helps them up and apologizes for throwing so much snow at them. Yerim and Seulgi also apologize back for even throwing the snow at her in the first place. After that is cleared up they all continue to finish their snow family. Everyone adding buttons for eyes and carrots for noses. There is even hats and scarfs too to make them feel even more authentic.

 

“How about it, family? Do they look good or what?” Seulgi smiles and gestures to their snow family that is standing directly across from them. Joohyun agrees and leans closer to her wife. They do look good and what’s nice is that they all did this together.

 

“The baby snow girl looks better.” Yerim says proudly. It doesn’t at all since it’s not even formed properly. However, her parents humor her and agree that the snow baby looks better than the parents.

 

“Come on, let’s go inside and warm up.” Joohyun suggests.

 

“With hot chocolate?” The monolid woman asks hopefully.

 

“With lots of marshmallows.” Yerim smiles big at the thought of a lot of marshmallows. Joohyun smiles back and promises all three mugs will be full of extra marshmallows. It’s going to be Christmas soon, so why not?


 

On Christmas Eve is when they go to visit Joy and Seungwan like they normally will. Seulgi and Joohyun will gift them with gifts and in return receive gifts. Yerim spends much of the time hanging out with Joy as she is her favorite. Before they go home they get sweets from Seungwan and Yerim is nice enough to say thank you.

 

“Still waiting for my hug, Yerimie.” Seungwan mentions to the child who is already out the door with her parents.

 

“Hey!”

 

Joy laughs from where she is standing. “Just let it go. I’m her favorite, Wan.”

 

“One day that kid will hug me.”

 

“Yeah, okay. You wait for that. I’m going to get some dessert.”

 

Seungwan sighs and leans her head down. Well, she supposes that it was something she was thanked for the baked goods. Meanwhile, on the way home Joohyun tells her daughter she needs to be nicer even if it’s a little.

 

“Okay, mama. I will.”

 

“No, she won’t.” Seulgi mouths to Joohyun who sadly has to agree. At least it’s Christmas Eve and their daughter will be very well behaved for the obvious reasons. The family watch Christmas movies together in their respective pajamas that are festive for the season. Yeri in her red pajamas with little snowmen. Seulgi in a white shirt with Santa Claus and matching red pants. Joohyun usually likes to match with her wife so she has the same pajamas essentially, but white pants and a red top instead. It’s not long before one little girl is getting sleepy. They can see her eyes drooping ever so slightly.

 

“I think someone needs to sleep.” Joohyun tells her and pushes some of her dark locks out of Yerim’s face.

 

“But, I’m not tired….”

 

“Yes, you are.” Seulgi disagrees. “You should get to sleep, sweetie. You don’t want Santa to not show up because you’re awake, right?”

 

No Yerim definitely doesn’t want that. But before she agrees to go to bed. The little girl insists to leave Santa milk and cookies like she did the previous Christmas. Joohyun helps her do that and before long Seulgi is picking her up and taking her to her room.

 

“Ready for some sleep, squirtle?”

 

“I’m not….” Yerim yawns. “I’m not a squirtle.”

 

“Yeah, you are.” Seulgi says it softly and kisses the top of her forehead. For someone who said that they weren’t tired one little girl sure did fall right to sleep when her head hit the pillow. Joohyun can’t help but to snap a quick photo of their baby girl. She was too precious trying to deny her need for sleep. Now they could start moving gifts downstairs to the tree. But they never do this right away until they make sure there is no chance of Yerim waking up. What they do is go into the kitchen and sit for a while over tea.

 

“She was the cutest thing, no?” The raven asks her wife. Seulgi agrees as she can still see how quickly Yerim’s eyes shut as soon she was in bed.

 

“I hope she gets a good night's sleep. Because I know she’ll be really excited tomorrow for opening presents.”

 

“Yes, speaking of presents. Let’s make sure she’s still sleeping before we start moving the gifts.”

 

Joohyun and Seulgi go first to check on Yerim. They do this quietly and make sure she is sound asleep. From there begins the quiet moving of gifts from Seulgi’s art room to tree. The couple know it’s only but so many years they’ll have to really make her Christmas special in this way, and so they will make it another good Christmas for their daughter. Once everything is set Seulgi grabs the cookies and milk.

 

“Babe…” Joohyun laughs. “I’m not even surprised.”

 

“Yerim put them here for Santa, and are we not Santa Claus. Here, have one.” Seulgi passes one of the chocolate chip cookies to her wife and Joohyun simply takes it. Santa Claus always eats the cookies after all. The shorter woman grabs her by the free hand and then head for their room together. Tomorrow morning they’ll have one excited child waking them up and ready for Christmas.

 

“Hey, I love you.” The monolid woman wraps an arm around her wife before getting into bed. Joohyun gives her knuckles a kiss before leaning over to find Seulgi’s lips in the dark.

 

“I love you too, baby. Now, we should get some sleep too, before we know it’ll be morning and our daughter will be throwing herself into bed to wake us up.”

 

Seulgi knows that for sure as Yerim will do that on a regular day. Now that it’ll be Christmas she will certainly come running into wake them up. They better get any sleep that they can. Who knows exactly how long they were asleep for when they can hear the sound of small feet running at top speed for their bedroom.

 

“She’s coming…” Joohyun yawns with eyes closed.

 

“Is it morning already, Hyun?” Seulgi also yawns out the question. The couple have no idea if it’s truly morning or what. They do hear their bedroom door opening and one little girl catapulting herself into the middle of both parents.

 

“Mama, Mommy!” Yerim says so cheerfully that it throws them off and they naturally open their eyes at the same time.

 

“Morning, baby.” Joohyun smiles at Yerim.

 

“Morning, mama. Do you know what today is?”

 

“Sunday?” Seulgi offers helpfully. Yerim frowns and lightly taps the monolid woman in the arm.

 

“It’s not only Sunday. It’s Christmas, mommy.”

 

“Oh, it’s Christmas?” The raven speaks and it sounds as if she’s acting all surprised that it is. “How about we go and see what Santa left for you?”

 

“Yes!” Now her moms are talking. They should all go see what Santa has left for her. The couple get out of bed moments after their daughter takes off running. Seulgi puts on her slippers and robe and Joohyun does the same. For them as parents it’s always the best feeling to see how happy Yerim is as her eyes light up opening her gifts. It’s nice to see her tear into that brightly colored wrapping paper. She looked so happy as she showed them her plushes, coloring books, hello kitty sandwich maker, pink boots that Joy gave her, and practically all the items she asked for.

 

“Wow, Santa got everything.”

 

“Yeah, Santa.” Seulgi says it as calmly as possible without giving away she’s holding in a laugh. Joohyun slaps her in the arm some.

 

“Are you happy, baby?”

 

“Yes, oh I have gifts for you and mommy too.”

 

“Do you?” The couple ask together in surprise. Since when did she even have time to get them anything. They conclude probably on some of those days she was spending time with Joy. Yerim comes back with one gift each for her parents.

 

“I hope you like them.” Yerim says nervously.

 

“We’re going to love it, honey.” Joohyun assures and the gifts are honestly two adorable plushies. One bunny one with a purple dress for Joohyun, and a teddy bear in a cute orange sweater.

 

“I thought of since mommies are always together. Bunny and bear should be together too! Do you like them?”

 

The couple share a soft look with one another first before picking up their daughter. Yerim gets so many kisses to her cheeks that this time she doesn’t even protest. The child simply bursts out into a fit of giggles before asking to be put down.

 

“We love them. These two are going right in our room where they can stay together.” Seulgi tells her. Yerim breathes a sigh of relief and then says she’s going to start putting her toys up in her room. This gives Seulgi and Joohyun time to clean up some of the wrapping paper.

 

“She had a nice Christmas.” Joohyun tells her wife as their hands meet by reaching for the same wrapping paper.

 

“Yeah, she really did. I loved seeing her that happy.”

 

“Me too, baby.”

 

“Mama, Mommy?” Yerim calls them from the top of the stairs. “Does Santa ever bring gifts for adults? You both don’t have anything?”

 

“Ah, Santa only gives to children, sweetie. Don’t worry though. Mommy and I already have gifts for one another because we’re married, so it’s okay.”

 

“Okay,” Yerim seems satisfied by that answer.

 

“We’ll be having breakfast soon, sweetie.” Joohyun tells her in case she is still in the middle of putting her new gifts away. Seulgi uses the time to get Joohyun’s gift which she hid in her art room. Having the same idea with her wife the raven gets Seulgi’s gift too. They laugh when they realize again their own the same wavelength.

 

“Great minds, no?” The brunette says softly.

 

“When have we not been in sync?”

 

“We always have. Okay, Hyun. I know you’ve been hinting around at a few different gifts this year. I wasn’t sure which one to get. But I think I hopefully picked right.”

 

“You know I’m going to love anything you give me, baby.”

 

“I know. I just want to make sure you’re happy.”

 

Kang Seulgi has always made her happy. They’ve been together a very long time and this woman is the absolute love of her life. Joohyun gives her hand a squeeze.

 

“I’m happy because of you, Kang Seulgi.”

 

The monolid woman smiles and thanks her softly. She is always happiest with Joohyun too. Seulgi presents her with a brand new very familiar bag and matching wallet. It’s familiar because it’s the same one Seulgi has. Joohyun usually takes to borrowing items that belong to her wife. Seulgi knows Joohyun has been hinting around for a bag of her own.

 

“Oh, babe...you know I really wanted this.”

 

“I know, you kept on taking mine all the time. I figured now you would have your own.”

 

“I really love this, thank you.” The shorter woman leans forward and kisses her lips. She always did like having matching things with Seulgi. It’s also just a thoughtful gift as well and much appreciated.

 

“You’re welcome, Hyun. Knowing you I bet you’d find a way to still take my bag.”

 

Joohyun laughs nervously and tries to deny it. But she has been known to “borrow” items from her wife sometimes with Seulgi knowing and other times where she doesn’t. Joohyun’s gift is a not only a nice leather camera bag. But she has also purchased a brand new automatic camera for her wife and her photography hobby.

 

“Oh, thank you, Hyun. I really was hoping to get around to buying a new camera.”

 

“I know. I thought I would buy you something you both wanted and needed.”

 

Seulgi hugs her tightly and places soft kisses on the side of her face. It’s a very thoughtful gift and Seulgi appreciates it.

 

“Thank you, I love it.”

 

“I love you.” Joohyun tries to kiss Seulgi again but they are both startled by one very loud child.

 

“Mama, what happened to breakfast!” Yerim calls out from downstairs.

 

The pair chuckle and now it’s time for sure to have breakfast.

 

“I’m coming down now.”

 

Seulgi takes a hold of her wife’s hand and they walk down the stairs.

 

“Merry Christmas, Hyun.”

 

“Merry Christmas, Seul.”



 

A/N: and that is the end of this. I hope everyone has a good Christmas and enjoy themselves and look forward to the new year.