Super Bear, Wonder Bunny

What Mama Bunny Wants She Gets

A/N: Hey guys. Back with chapter 11. Thank you to all who reviewed the previous chapter. I hope this one will be fine too. It’s Yeri not feeling well, and her “superhero parents” Super bear and Wonder Bunny will try to cheer her up as best as she can.


 

Joohyun knew almost immediately Yeri was getting sick. The small child promised that she was fine. She assured her that it was just a few sneezes, and nothing to worry about. The entire night before Joohyun watched her daughter like a hawk. She was being a protective mama bunny indeed. Everytime, Yeri sneezed she was right there with tissues in hand. Whenever she coughed a bit too much. Joohyun was checking on her. Yeri didn’t like all this hovering. She didn’t understand why her mama was bothering her so much.

 

“I’m fine, mama.” Yeri complained while rubbing her face.

 

“You don’t look fine, Yeri-ah.” Seulgi told her from the kitchen table.

 

“I’m fine, a-achoo!” She sneezes right away. Joohyun had tissues in hand at the ready. She gently wiped her face for her.

 

“Baby. You’re not feeling well and you should be in bed.”

 

“I’m okay. I’m not going to be sick.”

 

“Alright.” Joohyun nods. “Get ready for bed, okay.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Joohyun watched as she headed up to her bedroom. She has a feeling she and Seulgi will be taking care of one sick little turtle in the morning.

 

“Seul, you’re my assistant tomorrow.”

 

“I’m what?” Seulgi speaks through mouthfuls of noodles.

 

“Trust me, and just listen to everything I say tomorrow.”

 

“Like any day.” The bear-like woman mumbles. It earns her a glare and she quickly shoves more noodles in . Then she smiles up at her wife all charmingly. Joohyun responds with a small kiss on her cheek. Her wife is one silly bear. But she does lover her nonetheless. Tomorrow will be one busy day. It turns out exactly as she said. Yeri didn’t come down for breakfast like she normally would. That was the first sign something was wrong. There are times where Yeri will come into their room to wake them up. Joohyun checks on her first. Seulgi follows behind her. There they see a small lump curled up in her pink blankets.

 

“Oh, my poor, baby.” The raven-haired woman gently pushes back some of Yeri’s dark locks. She sits down on the side of the bed. “Hey, sweetie.”

 

“Hm?” Yeri lets out a small yawn. She blinks her eyes a few times. Her face feels funny, throat sore, and her nose keeps running off and on.

 

“Oh, baby. You’re not well at all.” Seulgi comes over too and feels her forehead. She isn’t too warm. Not to the point they need to be concerned about a fever.

 

“I’m…” Yeri tries to say she’s fine. She can’t finish the sentence. The sick little girl just snuggles back into her covers. Joohyun kisses her forehead.

 

“You’re not too warm. Don’t worry, mommy and I will take care of you.”

 

“Mommy too?” Yeri says hesitantly. She has seen her mommy try to take care of mama when she was ill. Those were disastrous times. Her mommy isn’t the best cook. She had tried to make soup for her mama. The soup was so disgusting looking that her mama told her she would starve before eating it. Yeri loves her mommy very much. She just doesn’t think she will be fine if mommy helps.

 

“Hey. Come on, Yeri-ah. I will help too.” Seulgi smiles with eyes forming crescents.

 

“Uh, okay? Please don’t make me worse.”

 

“What! I’m not going to make you worse!” The monolid woman complains. Joohyun quickly grabs her wife out of the room. But not before promising they will be back soon with some soup. Seulgi can’t believe Yeri would seriously think she will make things worse. The whole time while Joohyun starts making soup. She is grumbling besides her.

 

“Hyun, really? She said to not make it worse.”

 

“Well…” The shorter woman begins.

 

“I wouldn’t make it worse.” Seulgi pouts so cutely. Joohyun even has to stop what she’s doing to kiss her.

 

“Aww, babe. Don’t worry. We’ll both help Yerimie get better.”

 

“Yeah.” Seulgi nods. “She hasn’t been sick in a while. I’m worried about her.”

 

“Me too. But that’s why we’re here. We are her parents, and we’ll take care of her. As we always do.”


 

Up in her room. Yeri tried her best to get up out of bed. She is so bored and laying around all day isn’t fun. She just doesn’t have the energy to move much. What she does to is snuggle up to her favorite bunny and bear plushies. She has had them both since she was a baby. They always keep her company most of all. It’s like having her parents there with her all the time. Although, she would never tell them that officially. Yeri can’t keep her eyes open for so long. They feel so heavy and all she can do is close them. She doesn’t know for how long she’s asleep when she feels someone gently shaking her.

 

“Sweetie, can you wake up?” Joohyun whispers.

 

“Mama?” She yawns.

 

“I know you’re tired. I just want you to eat something, okay.”

 

“Mommy didn’t cook it, right?”

 

“No.” Seulgi assures. “All I did was pass your mama the vegetables out of the fridge. Don’t worry it’s completely safe for you to eat. Let me help you sit up, alright.”

 

“Hm.” Yeri nods. She isn’t feeling too much like getting up. Also, whenever mommy picks her up it’s always feels like she will be safe. Her mommy has the best hugs too. It always feels so warm too. Truly, like a bear hug. Now she’s thinking of when her mommy also lets her ride up on her shoulders. Those are always fun times. She can see things so much higher and can’t wait to be able to ride on her shoulders again. First she has to get better. Seulgi makes sure she is comfortable sitting up against her pink pillows.

 

“Are you okay, Yeri-ah?”

 

“I’m okay. Thank you.”

 

“Try to eat a little, okay.” Joohyun motions to the soup she made. It’s has vegetables and some chicken shredded finely in case Yeri has too sore of a throat. The raven can’t help but to think of her own mother. She would also make her soup when she was unwell. Yeri is able to eat nearly half of the soup.

 

“Mommy didn’t make it.” She breathes in relief. It tastes too good for her mommy to have made it. At the same time. Her mommy is also fluffing up her pillows and blowing on the tea for her. She’s making sure it’s warm enough for her to drink. But not too hot it would burn her. It is exactly the kind of behavior she has grown to expect from her mommy. Both her moms are so good to her. She loves them a lot.

 

“Okay, Yeri-ah. Open wide. The tea should help. There’s honey in here to help with that cold.” Seulgi gently tells her.

 

“You’ll be feeling all better soon, baby.” Joohyun assures her. It seems to be a simple cold. With some doctoring up. She expects Yeri will be up and running around in no time.

 

“I don’t like being sick.” Yeri sighs.

 

“I know. It’s no fun, right.” Seulgi carefully pushes back some of her hair from her face.

 

“No. I can’t get up and play. I can’t watch TV. It’s no fun.” She pouts so adorably.

 

“Don’t worry. Mommy and I will have you all better in no time. Get some rest. We’ll be back to check on you soon.”

 

Yeri gives a nod. Then she snuggles right back into her covers. Seulgi feels bad that she isn’t well and unable to have any fun. She gets an idea. But waits until she and Joohyun are downstairs to discuss it.

 

“Hey. I have an idea.”

 

“About what, Seul?”

 

“So you know how Yeri is probably bored. How about we cheer her up. I say we put on our old Halloween costumes and become, Super Bear and Wonder Bunny. It could be fun?” Seulgi speaks hesitantly as Joohyun is just staring. But not really saying anything.

 

“Um, or not. I just thought it be nice to cheer her up. So..” Seulgi gets cut off by Joohyun kissing her. The raven thinks it’s honestly a wonderful idea. It might really cheer their daughter up.

 

“Seul, that’s a great idea. I think she could use some cheering up.”

 

“Yeah. Let’s go get changed and save the day.”


 

When Yeri sleeps she has an amazing dream. She thinks of pigging out on ice cream and cakes. Auntie Joy is there. Ariana Grande is also there singing for them. She is also surrounded by so much pink. Everything from the sky, grass, and the house. That reminds her. She would really love it if she and her moms lived in a pink house. It was all a wonderful dream. So she expects to wake up in a good mood. Only she wakes up to see two people standing there in superhero costumes. One is wearing a bunny mask. The other is in a bear mask.

 

“Ah!” She screams. “Mommy is a bear for real. Mama turned into a bunny!”

 

“What?” Joohyun takes off the mask right away. “No, baby. It’s just us.”

 

“Oh.” Yeri takes a deep breath. “I thought you turned into a bunny and bear.”

 

“No, just us. Super bear!” Seulgi smiles and points to herself.

 

“I’m Wonder Bunny. We’re here to cheer you up.”

 

“I heard there was a sick little girl here. Someone could use some cheering up, hm?” Seulgi grins.

 

Yeri looks at both of her parents like they have lost their minds. Maybe it’s possible they are the ones who are sick. Maybe they should both be in bed getting well. Then she also realizes that they are truly trying to make her feel better. She gives a nod.

 

“I’m the sick little girl.” She points to herself.

 

“I know for a fact that our little patient likes Ariana Grande isn’t that right?” Joohyun asks.

 

“I love her.”

 

“I thought so.” Seulgi turns on the hello kitty boombox in her room. She turns on the music. She and Joohyun together start to sing along to Ariana Grande’s “Be Alright.”  Yeri can’t help but laugh some. As they also dance and exaggerate some of their singing. It looks fun and she softly sings along too. They sing nearly all the songs for their daughter. Joohyun leaves the room soon just to bring her a mug of hot chocolate.

 

“I can have this?”

 

The child is surprised. She assumed since she was sick she couldn’t have treats such as this.

 

“Do you not want it? I can give this really delicious hot chocolate to Super Bear. She’ll gladly take it.”

 

“You’re right. I will!” Seulgi salutes and pretends to be taking the mug away from Joohyun.

 

“No!” Yeri shakes her head. “I want it.”

 

“Here you go, squirtle.”

 

“Thanks, Silly Bear.”

 

“It’s Super Bear!” Seulgi corrects. But ruffles up her hair affectionately.

 

“So, what’s the story with Super Bear and Wonder Bunny? Where are you from?”

 

“I….” Joohyun pauses. She didn’t think that far ahead. Seulgi who draws children books for a living, and is a art and comic enthusiast is there to assist.

 

“She’s from Laundry World!”


 

Yeri laughs. Mostly because her mama looks absolutely like she wants to use her mommy’s cape to strangle her.

 

“No!” The raven denies. “I’m not from there. I’m from Lavender Isles.”

 

“Typical.” Seulgi smiles in amusement.

 

“Oh, yeah. Well then where are you from, Super Bear?” Joohyun asks with arms crossed over her chest. She looks like such a classic superhero now. Just staring down the enemy.

 

“I’m from PringlesTopia.”

 

Yeri shakes her head. Now that is a typical response. Joohyun starts laughing. She would expect nothing less from her wife.

 

“Are Super Bear and Wonder Bunny friends?” Yeri then wonders. “Or are they enemies that have to fight?”

 

The couple are glad to see Yeri is now getting more comfortable. She seems to be into the whole storyline too. They know that they can continue this well. They are just glad she looks a little better too.

 

“It’s a complicated story. I work completely alone.” Joohyun gets into character.

 

“Super bear has no time for silly sidekicks. Such as Wonder Bunny, or Blunder Bunny.”

 

“Oh yeah? I wasn’t the one who couldn’t stop talking about how beautiful I was. Isn’t that right, Silly Bear.”

 

Yeri becomes quickly amused by her parents going back and forth. They are really getting into their characters. So much so that Joohyun chases Seulgi around with her lasso.

 

“Say that to my face, Super bear.” Joohyun teases when she has her wrapped up in her lasso. Seulgi pretends to be more scared, as if she has just been captured by Wonder Bunny.

 

“Never! I’m not scared of you.”

 

“That’s right! Go Super Bear. You can take her.” Yeri cheers some from her bed.

 

“I’ll make sure you have nothing but vegetables.”

 

“No.” Seulgi groans and proceeds to fall to the ground. “I’m so weak. Must get Pringles energy soon.”

 

“I have something much better, Super Bear.” Joohyun whispers and leans down to lightly kiss her lips.

 

“Boo!” Yeri gives a thumbs down. “No kisses!”

 

“Suddenly I feel better.”

 

“Good.” Joohyun nods. “I’m glad you feel better.”

 

“I knew this would be about kissing.” Yeri frowns some.

 

“Well, Super Bear and Wonder Bunny are married. They really love each other.” Seulgi explains.

 

“That’s right. But you know what else.” Joohyun begins walking over with something in her hand. She snuck it into the room earlier.

 

“What?” Yeri wonders.

 

“They love each other, and their baby too. Our precious, Fantastic Squirtle.” She teases softly with a pink cape. She then places the cape around Yeri.

 

“I’m a superhero too.”

 

“Yep. It is a superhero family, after all.” Seulgi sits down on one side of the bed. She hugs Yeri and gives her a kiss on the cheek.

 

“The best superhero family.” Joohyun nods in agreement. She also sits on the other side with Yeri in the middle. Then gives a kiss on the other side of her cheek.

 

“Still about kissing.” Yeri complains and wipes her face both times. It only earns her more kisses, tickles, and hugs.

 

“Okay, stop.” Yeri giggles.

 

“How are you feeling?” Joohyun wonders. She touches her forehead again. She isn’t warm and she does seem overall more cheerful. It’s exactly what she and Seulgi wanted.

 

“I’m feeling a little better. I’m just sleepy.”

 

“You need to get some sleep, now.” Seulgi tells her. “Mama and I will come again just to see how you are. I’m glad you’re feeling better, Yeri-ah.” She and Joohyun tuck her into bed. They start to leave the room. Yeri opens her eyes and calls them.

 

“Mama, Mommy?”

 

“Yes, sweetie?” Joohyun begins.

 

“Do you need anything before we go?”

 

“No, just thank you. I really like Super Bear and Wonder Bunny.” She smiles and closes her eyes for sleep. The couple smile and head to their room. It was a successful operation of making their daughter smile. Joohyun hugs her wife and places a kiss to her cheek.

 

“Your idea was so good. She was so happy earlier.”

 

“I hoped it would help.”

 

“I think we shouldn’t let go of our superhero alter egos yet. She might be in need of Super Bear and Wonder Bunny again.”

 

Seulgi nods. She thinks it’s highly likely the superhero couple will return. They will always be there to cheer up their little girl whenever she needs.

 

“Super Bear and Wonder Bunny will always be here for their squirtle.”


 

A/N: okay so Super Bear and Wonder Bunny save the day and helped cheer their squirtle up. Hope this was an okay read.