Mama Bunny's birthday

What Mama Bunny Wants She Gets

A/N: Hi everyone, and here is the birthday oneshot chapter for Irene. Happy birthday to our amazing, talented, goddess of a leader. I hope she has a fantastic bday and know how much she is loved by many. Enjoy this chapter!

 

Thank you very much to my sponsors:  fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, crwight01, royalshipper2122  DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds, Megankind, Mavok, ZombieJuhyun, and Rita-1211. Thank you so much for being sponsors. ^^



 

Seulgi and Yerim were sitting together in the backyard of their house while making it seem like they were busy picking fruits off the trees when it was in reality something else entirely. They had picked some fruits but that ended well over twenty minutes ago. Now the mother and daughter are talking with the basket of fruits in between them. Seulgi hands her the plum and it looks like any adorable mom and daughter interaction.

 

“Okay, squirtle. We need to talk while your mama is busy.”

 

“Yep.” Yerim nods. “Okay, what are you thinking for mama’s birthday. You’re her wife so you have to go big, mommy!”

 

Seulgi laughs at the excited expression on her daughter’s face. “I know, I know. It’s why I’m talking to you. Mama has a birthday soon and we should try and do something really special for her, yes?”

 

“Yes.” The little girl agrees. After all, she has the best mama ever who has done nothing but love and take care of her ever since she was a baby. She thinks between herself and mommy thinking they can come up with a good way to celebrate her birthday. The pair start discussing things such as gift ideas, party ideas, and what Joohyun would really like most of all.

 

“I know, let’s buy her more of that laundry detergent she loves.” Yerim thinks that could be the perfect gift for her mama since she is always with that one specific brand of downy lavender detergent.

 

“Ah, don’t worry, Yerimie. I’ve already got that covered trust me. But we should really consider other things for your mama, alright?”

 

“Well…”

 

“Seul, Yerimie?” They can hear Joohyun calling them from inside. “Are you two still picking fruits? Come inside and eat something, alright?”

 

“Alright, you heard your mama. We’ll meet up later and discuss this further.”

 

“Alright.” Yerim nods in agreement and they do make their way back inside the house with basket of fruit too. Joohyun greets her family warmly and takes the basket of fruit from them to place into the kitchen.

 

“Did you two have fun out there?”

 

“Oh, of course.” Seulgi nods. “We always have fun. Don’t we, Squirtle?”

 

“Well…” Yerim pretends to sound hesitant and that has Seulgi eyeing her daughter suspiciously. She better not do anything to blow their cover. After all, Joohyun isn’t so easily fooled. She will be onto them so fast if she gets any hint at all about them trying to think of something special to do for her birthday. Seulgi also can’t hide anything from her wife to save her life. Many times over the years she has tried and failed miserably. Joohyun can just take one look at her and know she’s hiding something, which made even proposing to her hard to do. But luckily that surprise proposal went off well.

 

“Really, Yerimie?” The monolid woman shakes her head.

 

“I always have fun with this bear over here. Okay, what’s for food. I’m really hungry, mama.”

 

“I made some sandwiches, okay. Let’s eat and then we can do something together the three of us.”

 

As much as Seulgi and Yerim do really love spending time as a family. They have the best times as a trio. The monolid woman was really hoping to get more time to talk to Yerim. They do have time before Joohyun’s birthday. But even still Seulgi wants to have a solid idea of what they’re planning.

 

“But…” Yerim begins.

 

“But?” The raven wonders curiously. “Do you have something else to do, sweetie?”

 

“No, of course not.” Seulgi answers for her daughter. “We’ll be glad to do something just us three.”

 

“Yeah, but no laundry!” The child says then which has Joohyun looking at her like she must be out of her mind. Like there’s anyway she’d let either one of them near her laundry again after that prank they pulled years ago.

 

“Absolutely not, will I let either of you near my laundry room. I was thinking we do something simple and clean the house!”

 

“Clean the house.” Seulgi and Yerim groan together. Well, that doesn’t sound fun at all and surely Joohyun must be kidding?

 

“Yes, cleaning the house would be a good bonding exercise too. You’ll see, it’ll be fun.” The raven smiles warmly and looks genuinely excited about cleaning whereas her family doesn’t in the slightest. It’s why she laughs out loud and promises she’s only kidding.

 

“I’m just kidding. But we do actually need to go get some groceries, so let's go and do that after we eat.”

 

“Can I have candy!”

 

“Me too, me too!” Seulgi agrees with Yerim. Joohyun chuckles some and tells them that they can get a little bit. The main goal is to get actual food of course and not so much junk.

 

“We need groceries, alright. I don’t want you both sneaking in too much junk.”

 

“We won’t.” The two of them promise. Joohyun eyes the two of them with doubt. She knows her family very well. It’s why the raven isn’t surprised in the least when they do arrive at the supermarket and both Seulgi and Yerim are running around the aisles throwing junk after junk into the shopping cart. They do this so fast that Joohyun can barely tell them to stop before there’s another can of Pringles or bag of candy staring back at her.

 

“Hey!” Joohyun shouts out after her wife and daughter as it looks like they are preparing to load the cart with more junk.

 

“Yes, mama?”

 

“Yes, Hyunnie?”

 

They both look so adorably innocent that how can Joohyun say anything to her family. Well, this is her family so of course she knows how she must deal with them.

 

“If you two don’t cut it out with all the junk food and start putting in some more healthier options at least, then I won’t allow you to get any of this crap!” Joohyun says it in that boss mama mode. Seulgi drops her cans of pringles right away and Yerim throws the candy on the floor like it’s hot coal. The two of them apologize and run off to get “healthy stuff” as they can be heard telling her.

 

“Now that’s more like it.”

 

Seulgi picks up her daughter when they are on another aisle and not within earshot of Joohyun. Yerim wonders what’s going on and looks at the monolid woman with confused eyes.

 

“What?”

 

“Hey, I have an idea.”

 

“Alright, but I’m only getting one vegetable. You can’t make me get a lot!”

 

“Hey, I’m with you, squirtle. The last thing I want to do is get more than one vegetable. I think we should tell your mama we’re going out for mommy and me time tomorrow.”

 

“Mommy and me time?” Yerim repeats. “Why would we tell her that?”

 

Seulgi sighs. “Come on, kiddo. You’re going to have to work with me a little here. We tell her that, so we can at least get birthday gifts for her. We should at least do that, no? While we think of something special to do for her on her birthday.”

 

“Oh,” the child nods in understanding. “Oh mommy and me time.” She uses air quotes around her words and that surprises the monolid woman to see. But she doesn’t even have to ask because who else taught her this but Joy probably.  At least, Yerim finally gets what she’s saying and so they grab some vegetables and fruits too in order to show Joohyun they’re not just buying junk food. The raven lets them have a few of their preferred snacks as a peace offering but doesn’t allow either to go overboard. At home later on Seulgi does try to get an idea on where her wife’s head is as they prepare to get ready for bed.

 

“Hey, Hyunnie.” The monolid woman hugs her from behind and kisses her cheek.

 

“Yes, sweetie?” Joohyun answers with a slight yawn.

 

“Well, I happen to know that someone has a birthday very soon.” Seulgi whispers and holds her gently around the waist. “Would that someone like anything in particular for her birthday, or would she rather her family just surprise her?”
 

Joohyun looks more alert then and turns to her wife with an amused expression on her face. After all these years Seulgi is still the sweetest and most adorable person she has ever met.

 

“I think she would really like anything her family wishes to surprise her with.”

 

“You’re not going to give me any hints, huh?”

 

“No, I mean it. Whatever you and Yerimie want to do is fine with me, Seul. I’m most happiest with my family, you know that.”

 

The monolid woman nods. “Are you sure that you don’t want to give me a hint?”

 

Joohyun leans over and kisses Seulgi against the lips. “No, really. I mean what I say. I’m fine with whatever you two want to do. Don’t overthink this alright? I love you.”

 

“Okay, Hyun. I understand and I love you too.”


 

It’s not much to go on at all. Seulgi decides she will take her wife’s words to heart. Joohyun really is the type to care about spending time with those she loves and maybe the answer is very simple in that. The following day Joohyun was surprised by both her wife and daughter whom were dressed and on their way out the door. Joohyun eyes her family curiously as she knew nothing of them going anywhere and as soon as she tries to ask Yerim quickly answers.

 

“Mommy and me time!”

 

“Mommy and me time?” Joohyun repeats curiously.

 

“Yes.” Seulgi nods several times and hopes that Joohyun isn’t suspicious. The monolid woman picks up her daughter as they head for the door. “It’s really time Yerimie and I just hung out some more, so I suggested mommy and me time. You should be proud of my parenting skills, Hyunnie.”

 

The shorter woman stands there stunned for a long few moments with no real comeback to that. Seulgi is also kind of standing there because she was expecting Joohyun to at least say she’s proud, happy, or anything at all would be nice right about now. Yerim is only wondering why both of her parents are kind of standing there staring at one another like something is wrong with them.

 

“Are you both broken?” The question she asks makes both parents pull out of their daze and turn to their daughter with wide eyes.

 

“What?” Joohyun wonders first. “No, I was just lost for words, Yerimie. I think it’s great that you and mommy are spending more quality time together. Please don’t come back with battle scars or anything.” The raven-haired woman is really just joking.

 

“I won’t if she won’t.” Yerim states.

 

“Haha.” Seulgi laughs and covers the little girl’s mouth. “She’s only kidding. We are simply going out for some much needed mommy and me time. We’ll see you later, Hyun.”

 

“Bye, Mama. Don’t do too much laundry or whatever you do when we’re away.” Yerim waves as she and Seulgi head out the door. Joohyun waves goodbye to her wife and child from the windows as they head for Seulgi’s car. She just knows those two are up to something. As nice as it would be for Seulgi and Yerim to really be having mommy and me time since they could surely use any extra bonding time they can get. But Joohyun knows her family and they are definitely up to something alright. The raven smiles to herself as she is pretty sure she knows what it has to be.

 

“They’re going out to try and find birthday presents for me.” It’s really too precious honestly. The fact that Seulgi and Yerim are out there together trying to find presents for her birthday. Joohyun adores them both very much. But there is one thing Joohyun does hope for most of all while her loved ones are out.

 

“Please for the love of everything that is good in the world. Please don’t let them fight or really end up with battle scars.”


 

The car ride over was fine. They listened to music on the way and no one argued about anything which was great. Seulgi was semi hopeful that things could continue while they shopped. However, nearly as soon as they arrived Yerim wanted to go one way and Seulgi wanted to go another.

 

“Why can’t we go this way?” The child wonders as she points.

 

“I think we should go this way.” Seulgi says.

 

“But I want to go this way.”

 

“But, Yerimie…”

 

“Let’s go this way!”

 

“We can go that way after we go this way.”

 

“Why can’t we just go this way first?”

 

Seulgi sighs and runs her fingers over her brown locks. She can already feel a headache coming on and it’s barely the afternoon yet. The monolid woman is half tempted to call in the reinforcements and the only one she knows is Joy. Joy will save the day in no time and if comes down to it she will call the taller woman to help smooth things along.

 

“Hey,” Seulgi bends down to look at the little girl. “Who are we here for?”

 

“Mama.”

 

“Exactly. We are here to shop for mama. The same mama who loves and takes care of us, right?”

 

“Yes.” Yerim agrees with a nod. “Let’s shop for mama.” She reaches for one of Seulgi’s free hands and that small but adorable gesture touches Seulgi. Her daughter may behave like a brat most of the times but she is a sweet kid over all.

 

“Alright, now let’s go shop for mama.”

 

The first few stores the mother and daughter went into didn’t really strike them as anything Joohyun would like. Yerim definitely made sure Seulgi heard from her what she thought.

 

“Mama wouldn’t like any of these things!”

 

“Are you kidding me right now, mommy?”

 

“You’re the wife! You should know better.”

 

Seulgi was half tempted to leave the child here but then she didn’t dare do something like that and never hear the end of it from Joohyun, not to mention Joy too when word reached her. It’s why eventually the monolid woman suggested a snack break at the food court to which Yerim agreed right away. The duo get some snacks and juice and sit down at one of the tables.

 

“Want one.” Yerim offers one of her chocolate-covered breadsticks to her and Seulgi thanks her.


“Thanks, kiddo. Listen, we have to do our best to find gifts alright. Your mama’s birthday is soon.”

 

“I know.” It’s not like Yerim wants to leave here without anything at all for her mama. She takes a sip of her juice. What she also wants to know is what does her mommy think they should do for her mama’s birthday itself? Gifts are one thing but what will they do on her actual birthday.

 

“Mommy, what will we do on her birthday?”

 

“Well…” Seulgi stops. She has actually been giving more thought to that. She thinks they should do a small party of sorts here in Seoul. The monolid woman has also been giving some thoughts to taking Joohyun home to Daegu for a mini vacation and to also be able to spend her birthday with her family.  Seulgi feels like it would be a nice surprise her wife wouldn’t be expecting at all. Also, it has been a very long time since Yerim has been too Daegu. They only brought their daughter when she was a baby so she couldn’t possibly remember being there. Seulgi thinks it will be nice for Yerim as well and a good gesture for their whole family. If there’s anything her wife really likes its spending time with their family.

 

“I think we should have something for her here. But I am planning a bit of a surprise I’ll tell you about it soon. Now, let’s go get your mama some gifts, alright? Sound good?”

 

“Yes, let’s go and find good gifts.”

 

Seulgi and Yerim take their time looking for gifts for Joohyun. Yerim tells her mom she has been saving up a lot in her piggy bank and that sounds like the sweetest thing to the brunette. Of course, Seulgi isn’t really going to make her daughter pay with her well saved piggy bank money.

 

“Tell you what, kiddo. You buy something for mama from you and if you see something else we will pay for it together, alright?”

 

“Alright.”

 

Yerim knows her mother likes purple things. She knows this about the woman since she was a small baby and sees in one store a very pretty purple journal set that comes with matching pens. She thinks her mama would really enjoy it and when she asks for Seulgi’s input the monolid woman agrees wholeheartedly.

 

“She could really use a new journal and she loves purple.”

 

“I’ll buy this one.”

 

Together Seulgi and Yerim pick out what is a gorgeous tea set because they both know she hates coffee and she would appreciate the thoughts that went into this.

 

“It looks like what fancy people have in their houses.” Yerim gives thumbs up. “Mama is pretty just like any queen.”

 

Seulgi laughs out loud in amusement and agrees with her daughter. “You’re mama is a queen alright. Now let’s get these things home before she notices. I have some other things to get in order and plan before her birthday but at least we got our shopping done. Hyun will be glad to know we didn’t have any battle scars.”

 

Yerim agrees as they walk hand in hand to the car. Joohyun will be glad to know that the two of them did something together without anyone getting into trouble. They did have a common goal of course which was Joohyun, so that helped out a lot.

 

“We had mommy and me time, didn’t we?” The small child eyes her curiously and Seulgi nods in approval. They surely did have mommy and me time just now and it was great.

 

“We really did. Let’s go home.”

 

The days leading up to Joohyun’s birthday the raven couldn’t help but to notice the entire mood of her household was different. Seulgi and Yerim were being so sweet to each other. They were helpful more than every which was amazing in itself. More household chores were being done without Joohyun having to tell them to. Joohyun could actually relax around the house more without worrying about dishes in the sink, items out of place, or clothes not put away when the were once found anywhere. Of course she didn’t dare let Seulgi touch the laundry but that was a different story entirely.

 

“I got it, mama.” Yerim says cheerfully as she passes her purse to her one morning while Joohyun is on her way out the door.


“Thanks, sweetie.” She smiles and kisses her daughter on the cheek. “You and mommy both have been behaving so well lately. I wonder what could be wrong.” Joohyun says it more so in a joking manner.

 

“W-Wrong!” Seulgi laughs nervously from where she’s sitting on the couch. The little girl shakes her head and facepalms. If her mommy keeps this up there’s no way her mama will not grow suspicious and find out they have not only gifts but birthday plans for her too.

 

“Come on, mommy.” Yerim thinks. “Get yourself together.”

 

“Nothing’s wrong, Hyun. Everything’s completely cool. Now enjoy your day out. Yerimie and I will be fine here.”

 

“Uh-huh.” Joohyun whispers. “Alright then, let me just get my goodbye kiss and I’ll be on my way.”

 

Seulgi sits on the couch because she had no idea Joohyun was referring to her for the simple fact the monolid woman was on edge and zoning out. Joohyun sighs and walks over to her wife and pulls her into an immediate kiss.

 

“Thanks for my kiss, honey.”

 

“Huh?” Seulgi snaps out of it but Joohyun is already out of the door. Yerim groans and walks over to lightly hit her mom in the shoulder.

 

“Are you trying to ruin everything!”

 

“What?”

 

“You’re acting weird, mommy. She will know if you don’t stop.”

 

Seulgi snaps out of it and sits her daughter down on the couch with her. She might as well tell Yerim about her other secret plan since for these few days before Joohyun’s birthday she has been getting everything in order.

 

“We’re going to have a surprise party for mama here first.”


“Yay!” Yerim says happily. “Mama deserves a surprise party. Will Auntie Joy be there?”

 

“Yes, of course. Who do you think helped with the planning, kiddo. Plus some of mama’s friends as well will be there. But there is another surprise I have worked out for just us three after.”

 

“Oh?”

 

Yerim is curious now. She really likes the idea of the surprise party because her mama deserves a nice surprise party. She can’t wait to see the look on her face when she sees it. Now there’s news of another surprise for just the three of them and that sounds amazing.

 

“What’s the surprise, mommy?”

 

“I’ll tell you but pinky swear that you won’t tell mama anything at all.”

 

Yerim nods eagerly. She is good at keeping pinky swears. She never breaks a pinky swear ever and for her mama she can certainly keep a secret.

 

“After her surprise party here we’re going to have a small party at home in Daegu for her with grandma and grandpa, and some of mama’s childhood friends. We haven’t taken you to Daegu in a long time so I thought it would be a nice gesture. What do you think, squirtle? Is it a good idea?”

 

“Yes! It’s a great idea. Mama hardly ever gets to go to her home. She’s going to love it. Good job, mommy.”

 

Seulgi laughs and thanks her daughter for the approval. As long as she has the approval of Yerim too then she’s happy.

 

“Mama’s going to have a great birthday.”

 

“She will.” Seulgi agrees. “She’ll have a great day.”


 

Kang Joohyun wakes up on the morning of her birthday to her wife first and foremost with beautiful purple flowers in her hand and breakfast waiting nearby.

 

“Good morning, Hyunnie. Happy birthday, love of my life.”

 

The raven in bed sits up and of course has to get a kiss before she does anything else.

 

“Hi, good morning, love of my life. You didn’t cook did you?”

 

“No…” Seulgi frowns in a cute way that touches Joohyun’s heart. “Our daughter and I got up extra early to get breakfast for you. Speaking of our daughter would you like your birthday greeting from her?”

 

“Yes, of course. Where is my Yerimie?”

 

As if on cue one adorable little girl comes running into the bedroom with a huge handmade birthday card she made with some help from Seulgi. They made the giant sized card together with purple colored poster paper.

 

“Happy birthday, mama.” Yerim hurries to get a hug and Joohyun sits up to grab her daughter into a hug. Seeing the two people she loves so very much first thing on her birthday makes Joohyun incredibly happy.

 

“Thank you, sweetie.” She hugs her tight.

 

“I made you a card. Mommy helped a little.”

 

“Only a little, huh.” Joohyun can see clearly Seulgi helped more than a little as there is a very good drawing on the card of a family. A bear, bunny, and turtle who can be none other than the three of them.

 

“Yes, only a little. Eat your breakfast, okay. You don’t want it to get cold.”

 

“I will.” She nods. “It looks so good.”

 

“Mommy didn’t cook.”

 

“She knows I didn’t cook, Yerimie.”

 

Joohyun laughs at the small and cute exchange between her wife and child. Seulgi fluffs up the pillows behind her and brings the tray of food closer to her.

 

“Happy birthday, honey.”

 

“Happy birthday, mama.”

 

“Thank you, both.” She smiles in thanks before eating the delicious breakfast before her. Being with her family in simple ways makes Joohyun happy. She doesn’t care what they do today as long as she’s with the people she loves. After breakfast it is Yerim that tells her that she must open some gifts now.

 

“Right now?” Joohyun laughs in amusement as her daughter takes her hand to lead the way downstairs.

 

“Yes, you have to open some presents now.”

 

“You heard her, Hyun. You should open some gifts.”

 

“Alright, because you both want me to.”

 

Joohyun is led to the couch and Yerim hands over her gift first. She knows that her mama will indeed love her gift. She still can’t help but to feel a little anxious.

 

“I hope you like it, mama.”

 

“I know I’ll love it.”

 

Yerim stands on her toes in a cute and nervous manner as she watches Joohyun unwrap the purple wrapping paper neatly. The raven folds up the paper after because of course she will keep it always.

 

“Oh, baby. I love it.” Joohyun tells her.

 

“Do you?”

 

“Yes, I really could use a new journal. I love it.” She repeats and gives her daughter a hug.

 

“I told you, squirtle.” Seulgi gently reminds her.

 

“Yeah, yeah.” The little girl waves her off. “Mama liked her journal and that’s what matters. Can we give her our gift together now?”

 

“Um…” The monolid woman thinks. “Yeah, sure. We’ll be right back, Hyun.”

 

“It better not be chicken! If it’s chicken I will never talk to either one of you ever again in life.”

 

“It’s not chicken!” The two complain together and walk off to get the other gift they picked out for her. Yerim can be heard on the way back telling Joohyun to close her eyes.

 

“No peeking, mama.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

When Joohyun is told to open her eyes she sees what is the pretty tea set. It looks almost too pretty to use and the reason why Seulgi and Yerim bought it for her touches her.

 

“Because you hate coffee.” Her daughter explains.

 

“Yerimie and I saw it and thought of you. Do you like it?”

 

“I love it. These are very sweet gifts. Come here, you two.” She gives both Seulgi and Yerim a hug and kiss.

 

“There’s more to come, Hyun.”

 

“There’s more?”

 

There was certainly more. One of the funniest moments for everyone was when Seulgi presented her wife with a coupon for a year-supply of her favorite downy fabric softener.

 

“Here you go, Hyunnie. I know how much this stuff means to you.”

 

“Now you will never run out!” Yerim told her.

 

“Don’t be so sure of that, Yerimie.”

 

As the family got dressed later on because the monolid woman told Joohyun they were treating her to an amazing lunch. Joohyun of course dressed in one of her most favorite purple dresses. She did only some minimal makeup and some lipstick too before doing her hair.

 

“You look beautiful as always, Joohyun.” Seulgi complimented her in such a simple but still profound way. Another year older and her wife can still make her blush like a schoolgirl. One thing the raven didn’t expect was for her family to dress similar to her, so when she saw Seulgi in her purple dress shirt and Yerim with purple ribbon in hair to match her own skirt it was the sweetest little gesture to her.

 

“You both look so cute.”

 

“Now we’re the matching family for today.” Seulgi told her.

 

“Purple family.” Yerim summed it up perfectly.

 

Joohyun really didn’t think her birthday could get any better after that amazing lunch her family took her to. For one thing the restaurant was at a place she and Seulgi always went out for dates on when they were still dating, so it already held significance for them. It felt good to be here this time with their daughter too not to mention all the good food they ate.

 

“See, mama. No chicken at all and we did it for your birthday.”

 

Yerim was too adorable in that moment. Joohyun really thought after lunch they would probably head back home but her family insisted that her day was far from over.

 

“It’s still your birthday, Hyun.”

 

“Mommy’s right. It’s still your birthday and we’re not done.”

 

“Oh, we’re not.” Joohyun chuckles some. “Alright, family. What else are we doing?”

 

The answer was simple. The two of them took her somewhere not only fun for her but something the three of them would enjoy. Joohyun’s eyes lit up like a child when she saw they were at the amusement park. It was too cute for Seulgi as she took pictures and videos of how excited Joohyun was to be playing all the games and winning practically everything.

 

“I can’t believe she’s the mama acting like this.” Yerim can be heard sighing with pink cotton candy in hand.

 

“It’s her birthday, kiddo. Plus look at how happy mama is. We wanted her to be happy, right?”

 

“Yes, but if she gets too hyper who’s going to take care of her, huh?”

 

“I will.” Seulgi promises. “But I wouldn’t worry about her. She’s just having fun.”

 

“Yes!” Joohyun can be heard shouting after winning yet another game. “Seul make some room in the car. I just won this giant stuffed plush!”

 

“There’s gonna be no room for us soon.” Yerim shakes her head. “Can I call Auntie Joy and go with her?”
 

“No!” Seulgi shouts by mistake and then lowers her voice for the next part. “We’re taking mama to her surprise party after this, alright.”

 

“Yes, and then the next surprise of taking her to her home.”

 

“Yes, sweetie. Let’s keep it quiet until then.”


 

The family of three played some more games with Joohyun winning everything. They ate some great snacks and rode on some rides. It really was the best feeling to see her wife as happy as she was in this moment. Today would be a birthday they would always remember.

 

“Today was so nice.” Joohyun says as they are in the car.

 

“It’s not over yet, mama.”

 

“No?” Joohyun asks with a bit of a laugh. “We’ve had such a good day already. What else are you two planning?”

 

“Oh, nothing. Yerimie and I just need you to put on this blindfold.” Seulgi motions to the purple blindfold.

 

“Oh, do you now?”

 

“Yes!” Her daughter shouts excitedly. “You have to for the next part of the surprise. Mommy and I got a purple one just for you.”

 

Well, that’s true. Who is Joohyun to deny her family this simple request. Especially when the whole day so far has been very wonderful. She takes the blindfold and covers her eyes with it. Seulgi has already informed everyone to be ready since she’s bringing Joohyun over to the party they planned for her. When they arrive it’s Yerim that takes one of her free hands.

 

“I’ve got your hand, mama.”

 

“Okay, sweetie. Don’t let me fall, alright?”

 

“I won't. I’m not clumsy like mommy.”

 

“Hey!” Seulgi complains only to be laughed at by her daughter and wife. Seulgi doesn’t mind so much today since it’s the love of her life’s birthday. She holds the door open as they arrive at the party hall. Yerim is doing her part by just holding her mother’s hand securely. The monolid woman gives a signal to her daughter first and then everyone waiting to wish Joohyun a happy birthday.

 

“Let’s get this blindfold off you, Hyun.”

 

“Yes, thank you.”

 

The very moment the blindfold comes off she turns around to see the surprise party. Beautifully decorated space with purple balloons everywhere, a pretty cake in purple and white that looks almost too nice to eat, a lot of her favorite dishes on tables nearby and besides the faces of her beautiful wife and adorable child. She sees their close friends and some of her own too.

 

“Happy birthday, honey.” She hears Seulgi.

 

“Happy birthday, mama!” Yerim’s voice from beside her.

 

“Happy birthday, Joohyun!” The raven hears the chorus of all of her and Seulgi’s friends around her. She is so touched by this that she can barely hide the fact that she’s on the verge of tears. Seulgi is the first to wrap her arms around her other half.

 

“Don’t cry, Hyun.” Her close friend Jennie can be heard telling her. “It’s your birthday after all.”

 

“Yeah, please don’t cry. We would feel so bad if you cried on your birthday, Hyun.” Jennie’s wife Chaeyoung says from beside her. She hasn’t seen the two of them in a while and she is soon being hugged by the dark-haired woman and the redhead. After those hugs she gets hugs from both Joy and Seungwan too.

 

“Happy birthday, supermom.” Seungwan tells her kindly.

 

“How’s it feel to be old.” Joy laughs and that earns a glare of course from the raven who looks like she will hurt the taller woman.

 

“Joy!”

 

“She’s the most beautiful woman in the room another year older or not.” The monolid woman says as she wraps her arms around her wife. It works like a charm and saves the day. Joy looks like she’s going to gag and immediately says she will spend time with her most precious Yerimie.

 

“I’ll be having chicken wings with my Yerimie.”

 

“Yes, let’s go, Auntie Joy!”

 

Yongsun and Byulyi are there too and it’s been awhile. Joohyun hugs her friend who tells her that she was of course glad to be apart of the surprise birthday planning.

 

“Your wife is responsible for this but we did help. Happy birthday, Hyun.” Yongsun lets Joohyun know.

 

“Thank you so much, Yong. I’m so lucky.” Joohyun says as her eyes travel to her wife who is currently standing with Seungwan as they seem to be discussing the cake.

 

“You’re both lucky.” Byulyi mentions. “Happy birthday, Joohyun.”

 

“Thank you, Byulyi. I’m glad you’re all here.”

 

Joohyun really does have the best time. She eats so much good food and talks with all of the people she loves. She opens gifts from everyone and can feel the love and care that they all have for her. When everyone sings to her happy birthday before cutting the cake that was another one of her most memorable moments. Joohyun knows this birthday is one she won’t ever forget.

 

“Thank you, honey.” She tells her wife as she pulls her to the side. “I know a lot of thought went into this whole day. I love you so much.”

 

Seulgi smiles and hugs her tightly. “Yerimie helped a little. But only a little, but don’t tell her I said that or she’ll get all confident.”

 

Joohyun laughs out loud. “I’ll give her a big hug and kiss later. Today was truly such a wonderful day, Seul.”

 

“It’s not over yet, sweetheart.”

 

“What, it’s not?”

 

After the party's over and they have everything packed up and ready to go home. Joohyun assumes they are going home and that’s it. She is surprised after they get home to only have Yerim showing her what is a tiara and scepter.

 

“Put it on, mama. You’re a queen and it’s your day.”

 

“Aww, sweetie. This is very cute and all but what’s going on?”

 

“Mommy and I are kidnapping you!”

 

“You’re doing what?”

 

“She’s kidding. She’s kidding.” Seulgi repeats and kisses her lips. “But you do have to get back in the car because we are taking you somewhere. The bags are already packed in the car and Yerim and I are ready.”

 

Joohyun is beyond curious right now. Their bags are packed? Well, that means they are getting ready to go somewhere.

 

“Well, where are we going?”

 

Seulgi shares a look with Yerim. The little girl nods that they should share the secret now. It’s why Seulgi shows her the plane tickets.

 

“We are taking the birthday queen home to Daegu. She is going to have a mini vacation with her parents, us, and childhood friends all waiting for us.”

 

“Happy birthday, mama. Are you happy we’re going to take you home?” Yerim questions. She has already had such a wonderful birthday and this is like the icing on top of the cake.

 

“Oh…” Joohyun is touched and cries then because of being so happy.

 

“Um…” Yerim stops. “Are you sad to go home? Mommy is too late to cancel the trip?”
 

“I’m not sad, Yerimie. I am so happy right now. I love you both very much and thank you both for making my birthday so special.”

 

“We love you too, Hyun.”

 

“We love you lots, mama.”

 

The family of three share a group hug of sorts. Seulgi kisses away her tears and the soft but loving smile they share is all they need.

 

“Ready to go home to Daegu for a little while, Hyun?”
 

She is very ready to go home. Being able to go home with her wife and daughter to spend time with her parents and friends back home is the perfect way to end her birthday. Joohyun knows she couldn’t ask for anything more than the two people right here in front of her.

 

“I’m ready to go back home with my wife and child. Thank you, Seul, Yerimie for my best birthday ever.”


 

A/N: I was very worried I wouldn’t get this done in time since I really was running out of time but I made it in time for Joohyun’s birthday. Happy birthday again to our Bae Joohyun and thanks for reading :)