Mother's Day

What Mama Bunny Wants She Gets

A/N: It’s soon to be Mother’s Day. I wanted to celebrate that by writing a Mother’s Day chapter for seulrene here. I hope this is an okay chapter.

 

Kang Yeri felt anxious the day before Mother’s Day. She was anxious because it wasn’t as if she had one mother. The child had two very nice, wonderful moms, whom both deserve gifts. Last Mother’s Day was simple. She made them cards and necklaces at preschool. They looked happy to get them, and she felt proud of herself. That sort of thing was cute then. Yeri knew she needed to think of something else this year. The only question now is what?

 

“What would my mommy’s want?” She wonders to herself as she taps her pink pen on her desk. She tried to observe if either of her mommy’s needed anything typical. Gifts such as new tea mugs, slippers, or pajamas. Yeri knows what sort of fun gifts she would want if this was her birthday. It’s about her moms now. She really wants to get them gifts they would like.

 

The child goes to her pink piggy bank for what is probably the millionth time in the last few days. She’s been saving up her allowance, and she is sure she can get one nice gift for her parents.

 

“Yeri-ah, sweetie. Come down for breakfast.” Her mama calls from the staircase. She is starving and can’t wait to eat. Also, maybe she can ask her mama what she would like for Mother’s Day. When she gets there she doesn’t see her mommy. It’s just her mama placing two plates of breakfast on the table.

 

“Mama, where’s mommy?” Yeri wonders. It is unusual to not see her bear-like mommy there too. Joohyun puts two cups of juice down as well. Then she gently pats Yeri’s head.

 

“Mommy had to go out of town. She’ll back soon. Remember, she wrote a new book?”

 

Yeri nods. Her mommy does illustrate and write successful children's books. There are times when she goes on book tours. Yeri wonders if this one of those times where she won’t see her for a while. Her mama said she would be back soon. But there are times where soon can turn into much longer days.

 

“Will she be back for Mother’s Day?”

 

“Of course, sweetie. She won’t be gone that long. She had to rush out to get to the airport but she wanted me to give you a good morning kiss.” Joohyun turns then to kiss Yeri on the cheek. Seulgi wanted to say goodbye properly, but she really had to leave early this morning. The two eat their breakfast and Yeri decides to ask.

 

“Mama, what would you like for Mother’s Day?”

 

“Oh,” Joohyun pauses. She hasn’t been thinking too much about Mother’s Day. She is most thankful she has her wife and baby. Still she smiles for her daughter, “sweetie. Anything you want to give to me. It’s more than fine.”

 

It’s a typical mom answer. Yeri frowns a little. She knows there has to be something her mama really wants.

 

“I’ve been saving my allowance. But I can’t get you a new washing machine.”

 

Her cute response makes Joohyun chuckle in amusement. She would never expect for Yeri to try and buy her a new washing machine.

 

“Baby, you should just get me something from the heart. Something you think I would love, okay.”

 

“Something from the heart?” Yeri wonders. That could mean almost anything. She does go and make two cards, however. One with purple construction paper for her mama because she loves purple. She also does her best to draw a bunny. It’s not as good as what her mommy can do. But it’s the thought that counts. She then draws on orange paper for her mommy. Then places a small bear on that card. She has her cards ready. Yeri will use the rest of her time to think of another gesture.

 

“Oh, I know.” She nods to herself. She can ask Auntie Seungwan for help with making them both cupcakes. She will go over to her aunt's house and learn to make her parents some cupcakes. That sounds delicious to her. Then she can also ask Auntie Joy to help her with gifts. She likes to go shopping, and that way she’ll help pick good items.

 

“Mama, can I see my Aunties today?” Yeri wonders. Joohyun does agree and it is Joy who comes to pick her up later. Yeri immediately runs to hug her. She has all of her piggy bank money in her pink bag and she’s ready.

 

“Bye, mama. I’ll see you later.”

 

“Bye, Yerimie. Have fun with your aunties.” Joohyun waves to her from the front door. She is sure that Yeri will try to find gifts for her and Seulgi. That is why she already made sure Joy had the money to pay for it. Yeri is being thoughtful but she doesn’t want for her to spend her allowance money. She and Seulgi really do love her homemade gifts. Their daughter is quite artistic which didn’t surprise either of them. Seulgi is an artist and can sing very well. She herself also likes singing and dance, so when Yeri wrote them a song one year. Although, it was adorable at the time. She and Seulgi both could see they just might have a little star on their hands.

 

“Let me text Joy. She better not spend that money on things for herself.”


 

At the mall. Joy holds Yeri’s hands as they walk from store to store. She explained to her aunt that she didn’t know exactly what to get her parents. That's why she wanted her help.

 

“What about new paint supplies, Yeri-ah? I’m sure your mom could use more art supplies.”

 

“No,” Yeri shakes her head, “she already bought more.”

 

“Okay. How about the Pringles lamp over there. You know she would love that.”

 

“That’s true.” The child nods. She has never seen anyone love chips more than her mommy. She and Joy purchase the lamp and get a orange gift bag for it. Yeri thinks it will look nice in her mommy’s art room. Now, they need to find something for her mama.

 

“Mama is a bit weird.” Yeri admits and that makes the taller woman crack up in laughter.

 

“Oh, she’s definitely weird, Yeri-ah. But even weird people need gifts.”

 

“No. I mean she doesn’t like chicken, like normal people. Then she’s also really into laundry.”

 

Joy nods. “That’s your mama, kid. I can’t take the blame for that. But, she also really likes purple, right?”

 

“Yes. It’s her favorite color.”

 

“What do you think about this purple scarf. It’s warm and pretty. Plus it comes with matching gloves. I think she’s probably going to like this, a lot.”

 

Yeri agrees. It’s a pretty shade of purple and it’s also a gift her mama could use. With Auntie Joy’s help she purchases the set and they get a matching purple gift bag. With the gifts all picked out they head back to Joy’s. Aunt Seungwan warmly greets them with sandwiches and lemonade.

 

“Yerimie, do you know what kind of cupcakes you’d like to make for them?” Seungwan wonders.

 

“Well, mama does like carrot cake, and mommy likes chocolate.”

 

“How about half and half?” Joy suggests.

 

“That can work. We could even make them some cookies, and for you too Yeri.” Seungwan offers, and the child agrees. For the most part, Yeri watches as her aunt sets up. Seungwan is very focused in the kitchen as she points out which ingredients they need and for what purpose. Yeri also enjoys getting to taste the cookie dough.

 

“Why aren’t you helping?” She wonders as to why Auntie Joy is sitting in the living room, feet up on the table.

 

“I did help. I passed you the chocolate chips, didn’t I?”

 

“Joy, really?” The blonde sighs. That’s not what she wants for Yeri to learn while she’s visiting.

 

“I learned something.” Yeri begins.

 

“Oh, and what’s that, sweetie?”

 

“I learned I will hire people in the future to do the things that are too troublesome for me.”

 

Joy immediately cracks up in laughter. Seungwan sighs. This is so not what Yeri should be learning. If her parents ask she will surely blame it on Joy. Meanwhile, at home. Joohyun was also making sure her own gift to her wife was ready for tomorrow. Seulgi promised she would be home by tonight, or really early morning. Joohyun has purchased a beautiful, but simple diamond necklace with a heart shaped pendant in the middle. Her wife truly is the best partner and woman she knows. They’ve been together for so many years, and she just wants to show Seulgi she appreciates her for all she does. She places the necklace into a small black bag and writes a small note in a card.

 

It will be nice to celebrate another Mother’s Day with them and Yeri. She thinks they will probably go out and do their usual lunch as well. Joohyun is thinking about tomorrow when she gets a call on her cell. It’s Seulgi, and although she feels a little worried. She wouldn’t miss a chance to talk to her wife. Since it’s been many hours since she has spoken to her.

 

“Honey, hi. Is everything going well?”

 

“Hyun, hey. I wanted to let you know I won’t make it back tomorrow.”

 

“What,” Joohyun freezes on the line. They have always celebrated this special day together. Ever since the time Yeri was a baby, and they became moms together.

 

“Yeah. I’m sorry, Hyun. My flight is delayed, so I won’t get home until night time at the earliest tomorrow.”

 

“We always spend Mother’s Day together, and with Yeri.”

 

Seulgi can hear how disappointed Joohyun is on the other end. “Honey?”

 

“I really want you to be home with us.”

 

“I know. I’m sorry, Hyun. I’ll call later okay, so I can talk to Yeri. I love you.”

 

“I love you too. Call me before your new flight too.”

 

They don’t stay on the phone long after. Joohyun feels disappointed that Seulgi will miss Mother’s Day. She simply puts the gift away and will give it to her tomorrow. Yeri is dropped off soon by her Aunts. Joohyun swears she hears her daughter speak to Seungwan in an authoritative tone.

 

“Bring my delivery tomorrow, Auntie!”

 

“What? Bring it to you?” Seungwan sounds surprised.

 

“You heard me, Auntie. Bye Auntie Joy, I love you.”

 

“Bye Yerimie. I love you too.”

 

“What about me?” Seungwan can be heard sighing.

 

“Bye, Auntie Wan.” The young child says instead, and runs into the house. All Joohyun sees is the back of Yeri as she dashes up the stairs with two bags in her hands.

 

“Yeri? What do you have there?”

 

“Chicken, mama, so please stay away from it.”

 

“Chicken, huh?” Joohyun laughs to herself as she knows it most certainly isn’t chicken. She waits for her daughter to return. When she does she plops down on the couch next to her.

 

“Shopping is so tiresome, mama,” Yeri sighs, and she sounds like a much older woman to Joohyun. The raven runs her finger through her hair.

 

“You sound like a 30-year old woman, sweetie.”

 

“I mean it. Shopping is so much work. What’s for dinner, oh and where’s mommy?”

 

Joohyun’s smile falters some. How is she supposed to tell Yeri that Seulgi’s flight is delayed and she won’t be home for tomorrow. Maybe she can break it gently to her.

 

“I’ll make you chicken for dinner.”

 

Yeri raises an eyebrow to her. She knows what that means. Her mama only makes chicken if there is something wrong, or she’s just being nice.

 

“Oh no, what’s wrong?”

 

“There’s nothing wrong, baby.” Joohyun promises.

 

“That’s not true. You’re making chicken and you hate chicken.”

 

Joohyun lets out a sigh. Then she explains the situation for what it is. Yeri doesn’t react well at all. She is so used to spending that day with both of her moms. It won’t be a great day if she’s not with both of her moms. Yeri demands to speak with Seulgi, so the raven calls her wife.

 

“Seul, hey. Our squirtle is very upset and wants to talk to you.”

 

“Okay, put her on.”

 

Yeri makes a face at being called squirtle. She is mostly used to it, and doesn’t argue with her parents that she’s not squirtle anymore. She does take the phone from Joohyun when she hands it to her.

 

“Hey…” Seulgi barely gets the words out when Yeri interrupts.

 

“Why are you missing Mother’s Day!”

 

“Yeri, sweetie. I don’t want to miss Mother’s Day.”

 

“But you’re missing it! We always spend it together. You, me, and mama. I can’t have a Mother’s Day without both mommies.”

 

She sounds so upset that Joohyun right away hugs her. Seulgi doesn’t like that she is upset either. Yeri is right that they always spend that particular day together as a family.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m going to see if there’s any way I can come back as soon as I can.”

 

“We can’t have breakfast without you, or go to lunch without you too. This isn’t even going to be Mother’s Day anymore.”

 

“Yeri, I…”

 

“Bye mommy.” She ends the call and tosses the phone. She gets up to go to her room. Joohyun knew she would be upset. She just didn’t expect for her to react that strongly.

 

“Kang Yerim, come back here.”

 

“Leave me alone.” She sounds as if she’s on the verge of tears. That worries Joohyun and she wants to right away go see if she’s fine. Seulgi is calling right back, so she answers her first.

 

“I’m sorry, Seul. I knew she’d be upset, but I didn’t think she would be quite that upset.”

 

“She’s right. We always spend that day together.”

 

“I know,” the raven whispers softly. “It’s still not your fault that your flight is delayed. I’ll talk to her, okay. I love you, honey.”

 

“I love you too. Please give Yeri a kiss for me.”

 

The raven goes to check on their daughter. She finds Yeri on the giant pink bean bag chair of her bedroom. She loves that chair that Seulgi bought for her one year. They can usually find her sleeping, playing games on her tablet, or watching cartoons from that chair. It’s one of her most precious items. Joohyun stands there.

 

“May I join you?”

 

Yeri gives a small nod. Joohyun has a seat next to her on the giant bean bag chair. There’s some silence for a little while until the raven speaks.

 

“Mommy is sorry, Yerimie. You know she wouldn’t ever want to miss Mother’s Day, right?”

 

“I know. I just don’t want her to miss it.”

 

“I don’t either. But you know something.”

 

“What?” The child wonders.

 

“We can still celebrate it. Even if we’re a little late. We can still have our usual celebration, right?”

 

Yeri gives a small nod. She’s sure her mama is right. She is hardly ever wrong from what she can tell.

 

“How about we go out for pizza. Does that sound good?”

 

“Yes. It sounds really good, mama.”


 

Meanwhile, Seulgi is stuck at the airport. She hates how badly upset Yeri was. She was able to purchase both her wife and daughter some gifts to at least make up for possibly missing tomorrow. She hid Joohyun’s actual Mother’s Day gift in her home art studio.

 

“I can’t believe I’m going to be away from my family.”

 

The artist goes to ask again if there is any way to catch a flight somehow. She doesn’t care if she has to pay extra, or make a few transfers. The people at the check in desk explain there is a flight going out soon to Jeju. It’s just fully booked.

 

“Are you sure there’s nothing? My wife and daughter are expecting me for tomorrow. We always have this special Mother’s Day planned. I don’t mind if I have to pay extra for any flight that would get me closer to home.”

 

“I’m sorry, Ma’am, truly. If there were someone willing to exchange seats then we could possibly do something.”

 

Seulgi sighs. “Thank you,” she nods and goes back to sit. It looks like she’ll be spending the night in the airport. She feels terrible that she will not get to spend tomorrow with her family. At least they can celebrate it as soon as she gets home. That is until someone is calling out to her.

 

“Ma’am?”

 

“Yes,” Seulgi looks up.

 

“I couldn’t help but to hear your story. It’s important to spend time with our family as much as we can. Please take my ticket.”

 

Seulgi looks surprised. She can’t believe the kindness of this older man. She thanks him several times and even tries to give him money for his airfare. He declines and says she best prepare for her flight home. Seulgi is so relieved to know she’ll be able to make it home for tomorrow after all.


 

That night, Yeri insisted on sleeping in her parents bed. She said it was for her mama’s sake, so she wouldn’t feel lonely without her mommy. Joohyun didn’t say anything. She knew Yeri missed Seulgi too. All she did was make sure Yeri was comfortable in bed with her.

 

“Are you okay, sweetie?”

 

“Yes, I just didn’t want you to be alone.”

 

“Thanks, Yeri-ah,” she runs her fingers through her hair. “I really appreciate that. Now can you do me a favor. Don’t be upset with mommy. It’s not her fault she had to work.”

 

Yeri does know it’s not really her mommy’s fault that she had to go. That doesn’t mean she isn’t still upset that she won’t be with her moms on Mother’s Day.

 

“I know. I just want her here.”

 

“Me too, baby. Why don't I tell you about our first Mother’s Day with you. It might make you feel better.”

 

“Okay,” Yeri nods, as she doesn’t think she had ever heard this story.

 

(Flashback)


 

The couple were both excited and nervous to have their first official Mother’s Day with their Yeri. She had just turned 1, and it also marked their first day as moms. Seulgi sat with the 1-year-old on her lap. The child didn’t seem to want to wear the matching outfits that both she and Joohyun were wearing. They thought it would be cute to do the whole matching clothes as a family today. Yeri didn’t seem to share that sentiment. She wanted to wear the pink shirt so badly that her parents let her.

 

“Why didn’t you want to wear the purple one with us, hm?” Seulgi wonders as she softly pinches Yeri’s cheeks.

 

“We thought it would have been cute, Yeri-ah,” Joohyun admits as she sits on the other side of Seulgi, so now Yeri is in the middle of them. The small child simply reaches out her hand towards her mama.

 

“Well, that’s okay. It’s still our very first Mother’s Day with you, our precious Yerimie.”

 

“That’s right,” Seulgi nods. “we really love you, baby. Mama and I are so glad you’re our daughter and with us.”

 

That’s when they each give Yeri a hug and then lean into kiss each other too. Becoming parents together had been such a defining moment in their relationship. It was something they would never forget.

 

“Happy Mother’s Day, Seul,” Joohyun softly tells her.

 

The monolid woman gives her a soft smile in return. “Happy Mother’s Day, Hyunnie.” Just before they can really get sappy and lost in one another’s eyes. Yeri taps at them both.

 

“Aww, no sweetie. We haven’t forgotten about you. We love you,” the raven promises and kisses one of Yeri’s cheeks.

 

“We love you very much, our squirtle,” Seulgi also kisses the other cheek. The couple knew they could look forward to more Mother’s Days with their Yeri from here on.

 

(End)

 

Yeri blinks a few times. She hadn’t ever heard that story, and she wouldn’t remember that far back when she was one.

 

“Was it a nice day?”

 

“It was a wonderful day. We took you out to the park and walked around in the gardens. We also had a picnic too. I know you wouldn’t remember since you were a baby. It was still a very special day for us as a family. I want you to know we’ll have more together, okay.” Joohyun kisses the top of her head.

 

Yeri feels much better. She thanks her mom and snuggles up to her. It would be even better if her mommy was beside them too. She knows that they can properly celebrate when she comes home. That morning, Yeri wakes up first. It surprises even her since she normally doesn’t. She gets out of the bed to go check on her gifts. Her Aunt should be here soon with the cupcakes she hopes. On her way to her room she hears sounds coming from downstairs.

 

“Oh, no. It could be a robber!” She thinks, and wonders if she should call her mama. Then they can call the cops. Yeri instead walks down the stairs and that’s when she spots the bear-like woman in the kitchen. She is busy putting breakfast from one of their favorite restaurants onto plates. Yeri covers to muffle her scream. She can’t believe her mommy is home after all.

 

“Mommy?” She whispers hesitantly.

 

Seulgi stops what she’s doing and turns to see her daughter standing near the bottom of the staircase. She looks surprised to see her. Probably because technically she wouldn’t be home at this time.

 

“Hi, squirtle,” Seulgi grins and walks over. Yeri promises she won’t cry as she runs into her arms. Seulgi immediately captures her in an embrace. Yeri is hugging her so tightly, as if scared she wouldn’t see her again.

 

“It’s not a dream, right? Sometimes we don’t really wake up when we think,” Yeri sniffles some. Seulgi gently pats her hair.

 

“I’m not a dream, baby. I’m here.”

 

“Good. Oh, let’s go tell mama!”

 

“I have a much better idea.” Seulgi whispers in her ear what the plan is. Yeri nods in agreement and then runs up to get her mama. Joohyun normally does wake up first. For some reason this seems to her day to sleep in. Yeri giggles to herself as she hides her excitement. Then she hops into the bed and shakes her awake.

 

“Mama, wake up.”

 

“What?” Joohyun yawns. “Yeri-ah,”

 

“Good morning, mama. Can you come with me?”

 

“Oh, um...okay.” The raven nods although she is feeling so sleepy for some reason. When she is out of bed. Yeri takes her hand to lead her downstairs. Joohyun is more awake then and wonders what’s going on.

 

“I’m going to make breakfast you know, Yeri-ah.”

 

“No, close your eyes please.”

 

“Okay, sure, baby.” Joohyun humors here and allows herself to be lead. Yeri gives the thumbs up to her bear-like mom who is standing in the kitchen a few feet away from her wife.

 

“Mama, do you really wish Mommy were here?”

 

“Yes, of course I do, sweetie.”

 

“How much do you wish she were here?”

 

“I really wish your mommy was here with us.”

 

“Okay, open your eyes.” Yeri tells her, and when she does. Joohyun looks to see Seulgi smiling her familiar smile. Eyes formed into immediate crescents. Joohyun has to put her hands over to stop from immediately screaming.

 

“Good morning, Hyunnie. Happy Mother’s Day.”

 

“Oh, baby,” she whispers and then hurries to wrap her arms around her wife. Yeri is glad too. When her parents are happy and together like this. It makes her so happy. Joohyun gently kisses her lips. She didn’t think Seulgi would be able to come home in time. Yet, here she is, and she couldn’t be more grateful.

 

“Hi, honey, Happy Mother’s Day.”

 

“Okay, enough mushy stuff please.” Yeri interrupts. “Mommy bought us breakfast.”

 

“I did, we should really eat before it gets cold.”

 

The family of three sit down to breakfast together. Just as they have done for all the other Mother’s Days so far. There’s knocking at the door soon.Yeri offers to get it and it’s Aunt Seungwan with the cupcakes.

 

“Thank you, bye now,” Yeri tries to close the door in her face.

 

“Yeri-ah, really. I came all the way here to give them to you. The least you can do is give me a hug.” Seungwan complains to her.


“Fine, thank you, Auntie Seungwan.” She does hug her. “Your check will be in the mail.”

 

“What?” Seungwan blinks in both confusion and worry. “Alright then, I guess. Have a good day with your mom’s, sweetie.”

 

“I will, bye now. Please tell Auntie Joy I love her.”

 

“Okay, what about me?”

 

“Auntie Wan. You got your hug. Please don’t push this further.”

 

Seungwan expects nothing less from her. She responds by kissing her forehead anyway, as she knows it will bother her. Yeri responds by slamming the door in her Aunt’s face. When she enters the dining area she smiles.

 

“Mama, Mommy. I made you both cupcakes for the day.”

 

“Oh, really, baby?” Joohyun smiles knowingly. “All by yourself?”

 

“Auntie Wan supervised.”

 

“Sure she did,” Seulgi grins. “Thank you, oh look, Hyun. There’s chocolate and carrot cake ones.”

 

“Thank you, sweetie. These look delicious.” Joohyun kisses her cheek.

 

“Oh, I’ll be right back. I want to give you both your gifts.”

 

“We didn’t need gifts, squirtle.” The monolid woman promises. Yeri is already gone up the stairs. The parents just exchange warm smiles. They can see the thoughts that went into this, so they wait in the living room for her to return.

 

“Oh, what’s all this?” The raven notices two gift bags.

 

“This one is for you, mama,” Yeri hands her the purple bag first. “I got you this scarf and glove set. It’s pretty and purple. Then I made you a card too.”

 

“Thank you so much, Yeri-ah. I love this set, and the card is beautiful. I’m going to put this with the others you’ve given me.”

 

Yeri blinks. She didn’t know her mama kept all of those cards. “You still have them?”

 

“Of course I still have them. I keep all the important cards I get. I love you, Yeri-ah.”

 

“I love you too, mama. Oh, and for mommy.” She hands over the orange bag with the small Pringles lamp inside. The way Seulgi’s eyes light up. Is the exact reaction that the child hoped for.

 

“It’s great, Yerimie. I can put this in my art room. Thank you, I love the card too,” Seulgi assures as she looks over the orange card.

 

“I just wanted to show you both I really appreciate you.”

 

“Oh, come here. Family group hug?” Seulgi suggests first, and they do come together for that group hug. Afterwards, Joohyun kisses both her wife and daughter and tells them how much she loves the two of them. After breakfast, Seulgi tells Yeri and Joohyun she’s planning to take them both out for their usual lunch later. Yeri excitedly runs off to figure out what outfit to wear. Joohyun uses the time to share her gift with Seulgi in their bedroom. She carefully takes out the bag and hands it over to her.

 

“I love you so much, Kang Seulgi. You are the love of my life and I’m so happy that it’s you I’m spending my life with,” Joohyun begins.

 

“I love you too, Hyunnie. Can I open this?”

 

“Yes, please.”

 

Seulgi reads the card first. It’s so sweet and thoughtful. Joohyun is expressing to her in words how much she loves her and their family. She wouldn’t want to be with anyone else sharing these important memories, and how she hopes to continue making more memories as a family. The necklace is so beautiful too. Seulgi thanks her with so many kisses against her lips. That it makes the raven laugh and giggle almost hysterically.

 

“Thank you, Hyunnie. I love this, and I love you so much too. I also have a gift for you, my love.”

 

Joohyun tries not to blush too hard at the way Seulgi calls her love. She looks to see Seulgi also handing her a small bag. Inside of said bag. Is a beautiful bracelet, similar to the necklace she has given Seulgi.

 

“There’s an inscription, here see,” Seulgi points out to what is says. “To my love, heart, soulmate, Joohyun.”

 

“Oh, babe. This is so beautiful. Thank you,” Joohyun nods and pulls her into another kiss. Every year spent with each other just becomes more special. She is so lucky to have this woman by her side.

 

“I’m really glad too, Hyunnie. That we became mom’s together, and I also look forward to all the memories that we’ll keep making with Yerimie.”

 

“We’ll keep making amazing memories, Seul.” Joohyun agrees, and hugs her once more. Today couldn’t have been more perfect than it is. Her family is together on this special day just as always. Joohyun knows she is looking forward to even more days like this in the future.

 

“Mama, mommy! You have to try the cupcakes I made.”

 

That makes them both laugh in amusement. Yeri is really selling the story of how she made the cupcakes. They’ll be sure to properly thank Seungwan, as she has certainly made them, or did the majority of the work.

 

“Ready to go try some cupcakes our daughter made?” Seulgi smiles taking Joohyun’s hand.

 

“Yes, let’s go try those cupcakes that our daughter made.” They head down the stairs, still holding hands. Yes, it was a fantastic Mother’s Day indeed.


 

A/N: So, I personally really liked this chapter. It had a lot of sweet and fun, touching moments here for our Kang family. I hoped this was enjoyed too.