The Hwang Company

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When bae returned home she and the headmaster discussed her new job and how it will affect her school work.

 

"I hope that you know that I accepted you getting a job knowing it will not be an excuse for you slacking your school work"

 

"so you're saying to still get 1st in my class while saving a bankrupt company?"

 

"is that too hard for a person of your caliber?" the headmaster smirked while flipping through the piles of paperwork on his desk.

 

"I already said I would work hard for this opportunity"

 

"I expected noting less. You will have my full support" the headmaster shuffled through the piles of paper work and raise one folder to show bae.

 

"here. I already said you have your work cut out for you." Bae walked over to get the paper work and flipped through and frowned reading through it.

 

The paper work contained the current state of the Hwang company. They were involved in a fraud scandal. One of the executives stole investors' money for years and by the time the investors found out. They wanted their money back

 

 with interest.

 

That cornered the Hwang company in a tight spot. All their investors pulled out which meant there's no money flow. And they had to somehow pay them back. And with all the employees and staff not have their paychecks cause a massive strike which halted all the company's activities.

 

"this wasn’t mentioned in the reports" bae said as she flipped through the paper work.

 

"the investors didn’t want to make it public. How do you think the people would react to a company of that size was involved in money fraud for years and the investors knew nothing? They would look like idiots" the headmaster said.

 

So it was for their own good…but I could use that for my own good too.

 

"that's actually valuable information. Thank you headmaster" bae was still flipping through the paper work trying put the pieces together.

 

"you are welcome" the headmaster reached to the pile of paper on his desk and started working.

 

bae took that as her signal to leave. She bowed and went to her room. She went through the paper work and found something interesting.

 

"hmmm.." bae had her suspicions about the fraud and the paper work conformed some of it. She still had to be sure. The paperwork also had a contact number and the company address.

 

"CEO jay park. Better save his number"

 

Bae was curious about her new boss so she googled him.

 

'New Hwang CEO is the young jay park. Is this beginning of the end?'

'former CEO of the Hwang enterprises steps down and leaves his failing company to his son'

 

'Hwang enterprises declares bankruptcy'

 

Bae laid back into her chair. And held her head. She already knew what the news said and all the information that led to the down fall of the Hwang company. But after she read the paperwork the headmaster gave her she was even more shocked.

 

This is pretty severe. The father left the mess he made to his unexperienced son.

 

However bae's new boss was she was sure she sympathized with him. His father left him in a very difficult situation.

 

"okay Mr. Park I am going to get you out of this mess" bae cracked her knuckles and typed the thesis she wanted to present at her first day.

 

 

It was almost midnight and bae wasn’t even near finished with her thesis. She took a break to stretch back into her chair she heard a sudden knock on her door she snapped her head to the door and she found Irene standing at the door.

 

In all her time in the bae mansion Irene never visited bae in her room. But now it was 12 am and there she was. In all her glory miss Irene the queen.

 

"hey, I saw the light was on in your room and I was wondering if you wanted some coffee. Grandpa told me to ask you" bae frowned when she knew Irene didn’t come here at her own accord but she was grateful she came anyways.

"I would love some. Thank you" bae smiled at Irene who was still at her door standing.

 

"what are you doing still up at this hour?" Irene looked around the room checking everything inside.

 

"uh long story but I start working for the Hwang company tomorrow and I need to get some work done" bae spun her chair to face Irene who just walked inside to room. Well. More like stomping.

 

"THE HWANG COMPANY?" Irene stood in front of a very startled bae. Bae leaned back into her chair because of the sudden closeness.

 

"y-yeah. Why does everyone scream every time they hear the name 'Hwang'?" bae held her hand on her chest trying to ease her beating heart.

 

"because of how stupid you are! The Hwang company is already bankrupt any investment to them is career suicide!"

 

So that what the people think now?...

 

 "I think we both already know I am not stupid" bae leaned forward on her chair and faced Irene.

 

"and plus. They're only bankrupt for now" bae smirked which earned her a perplexed look from Irene.

 

"okay now you're confusing me" Irene crossed her arms waiting for an explanation.

 

"as I said it’s a long story that has a lot of boring business terms. Do you want me to explain all that to you or do you want the short answer?" Irene huffed in annoyance.

 

"short answer of course" bae nodded and stood from her chair and grabbed Irene's shoulder. Bae stood a bit taller than Irene which started Irene at first because bae was sitting.

 

"the Hwang company will have its revenge" Irene didn’t see a speck of doubt in bae's glowing eyes and she wondered.

 

"how can you be so sure?" Irene frowned. She knew the company had no future. She saw how it affected Tiffany and her family. She lost all hope for them.

 

"because whoever stole the company money was very sloppy" bae let go of Irene and sat back down on her chair.

 

"thank you for the coffee again. Oh or should I thank the headmaster?" started typing on her computer again. She had work to do and couldn’t spare time but as long as Irene was in the same room as her she couldn’t focus.

 

Irene rolled her eyes and started wandering in bae's room. She stopped to look at a foam board with pictures of bae and her mom, friends. she saw amber with a cone hat sobbing on her birthday and kyungsoo comforting her. She saw a selfie of bae and Tiffany with 'bestie' written on it and frowned.

 

What is so good about Tiffany anyways? Wait what?

 

Irene didn’t know why that thought crossed her mind she shook it off and kept looking until she saw a picture of herself as a child in her favorite frilly dress.

 

"who gave you this picture?"

 

"hmm?" Irene pointed at the picture.

 

"OH uuuh umm t-the headmaster was showing me your pictures when you were a baby and I liked t-the dress" bae wasn’t looking at Irene because she was 'working' and had her eyes glued to her monitor.

 

"the dress?" Irene's raised her eyebrow. Her tone of voice was seeping skepticism.

 

"yeah. And I don’t have any pictures of you so it was all I got to hang on my wall" bae looked a bit sad.

 

  Irene looked around bae's room and saw polaroid camera laying on one of the shelves. She checked if there was any film inside and she found a couple were left.

 

Bae tried to focus back working but she suddenly heard a camera shutter going off. She saw Irene taking a picture out of the camera and shaking it to develop it faster.

 

"now you have one" Irene took her picture and pined it to the wall. On top of the picture of bae and Tiffany.

 

"Mr. Choi will bring you the coffee soon" she put the camera back and left the room.

 

What a weird girl.

 

Bae got up the look at the picture of Irene. That girl can't take a selfie to save her life but her face was pretty from every angle so it really didn’t matter. She looked beautiful.

    

"ah I forgot to ask if you wanted cream in your coffee or n-" Irene stood by the door and bae looked back her.

 

"h-haha are you that dazzled by my beauty?" Irene hated to admit but seeing bae intently studying her picture made something inside her stir.

 

"yes. I am quite shocked how you have such crappy selfie game but you still look beautiful regardless." Said truthfully and started rearranging her board because of the new picture.

 

"crappy selfi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter