The Festival

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week leading up to the school festival was busy for everyone. And Bae took the opportunity to drown herself in work. She spent the week in the office only returning home to get fresh clothes and to wash up which was in the middle of the night. She didn’t want to meet Meiqi at all. She even arranged a personal driver for Meiqi to drive her to school. Jay kept trying to tell her to rest but Bae refused. And before she knew it. It was the school festival.

Bae made her daily visit home but almost gagged when she found Meiqi reading her book in the living room.

"miss Bae?"

Damn it!

"why aren’t you asleep? Your performance is tomorrow" Bae closed the door behind her like she was a thief. 

"miss Bae are you avoiding?" Meiqi got up and went to confront Bae.

"of course I am n-" Bae not making eye contact because she believed that is she saw Meiqi at the moment she might feel something she shouldn’t.

"don’t lie to me" Meiqi firmly said. She wasn’t backing down anytime soon.

"lets not talk about this now okay? get some sleep" Bae side stepped Meiqi and made her way to her room.

"when are we talking about it then?! Is it about me bringing someone home while you're gone? I am sorry!" Meiqi bursts out. She was clearly frustrated and apologetic. Bae then thought that if she acted really hurt Meiqi might know about her true feelings.

I never want that to happen… play it cool idiot.

"Apology accepted. But next time you bring someone over let me know. You scared…" Bae continued walking to her room and Meiqi was following closely behind.

"… you look so tired... are you staying in your office again?"

Stop it…

"why did you miss me? Haha kidd-" 

"I did. I missed miss Bae"

Please stop.

"go to sleep Meiqi okay?"

Bae looked back at Meiqi and tried her hardest to smile at her like she always did these past months. But it was so painful. She closed her room door behind her and heard Meiqi's footsteps and room door closing. She sighed and washed up. She didn’t see the point of going back to the office. So, she laid on her bed and slowly fell to sleep.

It’s the morning of the school festival and there were no classes. Bae woke up and as if it was a mantra she kept saying "act like you normally do. Don’t be weird. Don’t let her know". That managed to help Bae make it through the morning and the car ride. All in which she didn’t look at Meiqi during. It was still too hard. Bae greeted her friends and they all walked around campus and went to all the attractions. Tiffany noticed something was wrong with Bae. so she took her to the side and asked. Bae told her about the whole Lucas thing and how she didn’t go home during the week. Tiffany was concerned about her friend's health since she knew that Bae is the type to self-destruct when she's heartbroken.

But before she could say anything Kyungsoo called them over to the vocal department event. Every year the vocal department set up their stage for people to sing a song and then confess afterwards. No one actually does it since it's so embarrassing, but Tiffany and Bae knew. That a certain idiot was brave enough.

"ohhhhhh baaaaeeeee I misseddd youuuu!!" Amber came running to tackle Bae but she managed to catch Amber in a choke hold. They kept bickering until the announcer's voice demanded silence.

"it seems that this year we have a brave soul people! Give it up for Kyungsoo! He will be singing and then confessing his love to his crush!"

"Kyungsoo?!" Amber was the only one surprised.

"hello everyone. Please enjoy the song I prepared"

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELpVW9QT-QU ) *who do you love by the black skirts*

Hey, let's hang out till late at night, while we clap our hands

나랑 마셔 너와 나의 몸이 녹아 내리면

Drink with me, when we feel tipsy

나랑 걷자 저 멀리까지가다 지쳐 누우면

walk far away with me and when we get tired

나랑 자자 두 눈 꼭 감고 나랑 입 맞추자

sleep next to me close both of your eyes and kiss me

나랑 아니면 누구랑 사랑 할 수 있겠니

When you are not with me, who will you be able to love?

나랑 아니면 어디에 자랑 할 수 있겠니

When you are not with me, where will you be able to brag?

나랑 아니면

When you are not with me

야 나랑 놀자 어디 가지 말고

Hey, let's hang out, Don't go anywhere without me

그리울 틈 없도록

So there is no time to miss each other

나랑 살자 아주 오랫동안

Live with me for a very long time

우리 같이 살자

Let's live together

나랑 아니면 누구랑 사랑 할 수 있겠니

When you are not with me, who will you be able to love?

나랑 아니면 어디에 자랑 할 수 있겠니

When you are not with me, where will you be able to brag?

나랑 아니면

When you are not with me

아무렇지 않게 넌 내게 말했지

You told me softly

날 위해 죽을 수도, 죽일 수도 있다고

I know that you would die and kill for me

알아, 나도 언제나 같은 마음이야 baby

I would do the same thing, baby

아마도 우린 오래 아주 오래 함께할 거야

We'll probably be together forever

 

"wow… that girl is so lucky…." Amber said bitterly.

"Amber liu. Would you go out with me?" Kyungsoo deadpanned as the crowed gasped. And then started mummering.

"ME?!!!!" Amber caught completely off guard.

"Yes you… you really are an idiot…" Bae and Tiffany were already having a laughing fit. As Kyungsoo looked more and more flustered.

"HECK YES COME HERE" Amber is already bawling her eyes out. Bae felt her eyes tearing up. Kyungsoo gave everyone the biggest smol Bean smile and it was the sweetest thing your eyes could see. Amber ran all the way to Kyungsoo and tackled him while still bawling her eyes out as the crowed cheered them on.

"Hey Bae Meiqi's event is starting soon. Lets let these love birds do their thing."

"lets do that…" Bae was so happy for Kyungsoo and Amber. They washed away all the anguish she felt that day. But now she had to go to her source of anguish. Meng Meiqi.

 

 

Tiffany and Bae managed to find seats in the middle row. The announcer screamed "ARE YOU READY TO SEE THE SCHOOL'S HOTTEST COUPLE MENG MEIQI AND LUCAS?!!" the crowed roared. Bae felt a knot in tightening with every second that passes. Tiffany glanced at Bae and saw her trying to not get emotional. Bae had a good poker face. only people close to her could tell. But before she could've comforted Bae the show started.

And oh boy. Was it torture. Meiqi and Lucas were feeding the shippers like there was no tomorrow. They were basically glued to each other. Tiffany kept glancing at Bae who maintained a neutral expression throughout the whole agonizing 10 minutes show. When Meiqi's and Lucas's part endded they bowed to the crowed and waved around. Meiqi was searching through the crowd and managed to find Tiffany and Bae and waved at them excitedly. And they both waved back. But Tiffany didn’t expect what Bae did next.

"meng Meiqi! You were great! Good work!" Bae shouted, but it was drowned by the crowd screaming and shouting.

Tiffany knew. She just knew. She needed to get Bae out of there. When Meiqi and Lucas left the stage. So did Bae and Tiffany. Bae didn’t say a word. Not a single beep. Until she saw Taeyeon. Taeyeon asked her whats wrong. They're childhood friends so Taeyeon knew when Bae was upset. Bae shrugged it off. And told Tiffany to stay with Taeyeon. She thanked them both and left. Soon after she left Tiffany told Taeyeon everything and needless to say Taeyeon was pissed.

"HOW THICK SKINNED IS THIS MEIQI GIRL?!"

"Taeyeon calm down! I know the girl doesn’t mean any harm she isn’t like Irene!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter