me and kyungsoo

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Running to school was never the way I expected my school year to start, but being the bright idiot as my mom calls me when she woke me up this morning because I forgot to set my alarm.

 

My streak of luck continues, our gross P.E teacher shindong is at the gates checking the dress code and the slackers, he always checks the girls dress code enthusiastically, what a ing .

 

I was trying to sneak by him as he was scolding some poor students. I made eye contact with my best friend kyungsoo so I gave him a look 'don’t do it D.o'.  he gave me a reassuring smile ' I got you bae don’t worry'. "AAAAAH BAE YOU ARE FINALLY HERE I WAS WORRIED" Goddammit amber… "oh ms bae how nice of you to join us, ms amber and mr kyungsoo were getting lonely KNEEL AND RAISE YOUR HANDS" ugh not on the first day…

 

I gave amber an angry look and amber just gave me an apologetic smile. "sorry dude I just thought you forgot to set your alarm again" she wasn’t wrong and I was late anyways… this day cant get worst right ?.

 

The usual commotion started when the car of our school quote on quote 'queen' pulled over. People flocked around our P.E teacher also joined into the flocks of groupie's. I heard kyungsoo whispering "lets split the is distracted!" he grabbed me and amber and we skillfully sneaked through the gates and into the bushes to the opening ceremony hall.

 

Our school wasn’t a place for someone like me. A commoner. It was a  private institution for the rich and the gifted. I wasn’t rich. And I am sure as hell ain't gifted. I have no idea how my mom got me into this place. She told me I will know the reason later.

 

Before I could dwell in my thoughts any longer I felt kyungsoo nudge me. And pointed with his nose to the stage. And our school 'princess' was starting her speech. I groaned in pain. Kyungsoo knew I wasn’t fond of her so he just giggled at my reaction.

 

All eyes were on her, the teachers the students. Everyone looked at irene bae like she was the only thing that mattered. Why would they love someone like her ?.

 

Well I guess I wasn’t the one to talk. Since I confessed my love to her my first year of high school. But I was rejected because -as the queen put it lightly- 'a poor commoner' and then laughed at my face and walked away. The rumor of the poor commoner confessing to the queen spread like wild fire. I grew to absolutely despise her. I cried every day after that happened. But kyungsoo and amber stayed by my side I would never forget their kindness. I grew stronger with them by my side I fought the snickers and smartass remarks. I worked hard enough to earn the number 1 spot among the 1st years.

 

But smarts can't get you into this school. It is either money. or a certain gift. Which always bothered me. 'how did I get accepted into this school?'.

 

"she is finally done!" I heard amber next to me sigh loudly, she got up to stretch the opening ceremony took 2 agonizing hours to finish.

 

 "lets go check our new home room seat arrangements I hope we're seatmates again this year bae" kyungsoo suggested. Kyungsoo was often misunderstood because of his intense stare. It was because he is short sighted. But bullies didn’t understand that. My first meeting with kyungsoo was when he was almost stuffed into a locker while the 'queen' jock boyfriend at the time tried to stuff kyungsoo into a locker. While she just watched and laughed. Unfortunately for the poor jock I was still angry about my rejection and was a blackbelt in taekwondo. One swift kick to his legs was enough to land him on his rich privileged . The way he was in so much pain made me realize he was never in a fight. Being the cocky jock he is. he tried to threaten me by acting big and buff. "how can you try to intimidate me when you just landed on you " I laughed. and tried to comfort the now crying kyungsoo. "are you okay?" I gently pulled him out of the locker. He was a trembling mess. It took everything in me not to punch the jock's stupid smirking face.

 

"you better watch out sissy boy, next time your girlfriend wont be here to save you" that was the last straw. I roundhouse kicked his face into the lockers.

 

"next time his girlfriend wont just leave you with a broken nose" I supported kyungsoo limping body into the infirmary. Every stupid smile and laugh were silenced as we walked away.

 

 The nurse looked at kyungsoo and sighed. "again ? you should really report him to the teachers! This is assault!" but kyungsoo just cried and kept saying " thank you thank you thank you…" the nurse looked at me and then him. "did you help master kyungsoo?" 'master?' I thought "I just did something you should have done a long time ago" the nurse lead the crying kyungsoo to the infirmary bed " thank you ms…" "its bae. Just bae" the lady smiled "ms bae, your favor to master kyungsoo wont be forgotten" as she started to tend to his wounds I felt the urge to say "if you're not going to tell the administration then I will" she simply smiled and said "you don’t need to worry. I will take care of this" she seemed really serious but mostly … angry. "okay if you will excuse me now I will leave him in your care"

"wait!" kyungsoo said " c-can we be f-friends ?" I couldn’t believe what I heard. Is he 5 years old? His innocence

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter