Grief

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Grandpa told me we have a new guest that is going to live with us from now on. A daughter of an old friend who passed away is all I got from him.

 

"Miss Irene our guest has arrived, master asked for you" our butler Choi informed me. As we were walking towards the reception hall I heard him mutter "I never thought I would see that girl again after that night"

 

Who was he talking about? "we're here Miss Irene"

 

No way.. why is she here ?

 

"hello Miss Irene, I will be living in your care for short while, please take care of me" the lifeless girl extended her hand to me.

 

Empty.

 

Her eyes. Her smile. her form all lacked … life.

 

"y-yes, please take care of me too" I stuttered through my answer. So uncool…

 

"Miss bae the funeral will be held tomorrow, we already contacted all of your mothers relatives, and your father also-" Mr.. Choi tried to explain before he was cut off by a hushed "he is not my father"

 

Mr. Choi was flustered and tried to persuade her and calm her down.

 

"m-miss bae, he is your legal guardian from now on, all your living relatives wont take you in that’s why the headmas-"

 

 "I said, he is not my father. I don’t have a father" anger, hate, sadness, hopelessness. are all feelings I saw on her face. And for some reason I didn’t like it at all.

 

grandpa was finished with the funeral preparation. He was busy all day going in and out of relative houses to ask them to take bae since her only know guardian passed away and she was still a minor.

 

But grandfathers efforts were all in vain. So the only option is for her to be with her father.

 

"headmaster.. thank you for your kindness" bae bowed.

 

"Miss bae please raise your head, you have saved my granddaughters life, for that I will be eternally grateful"

 

Oh no..

 

"saved her life?"

 

Grandfather I think you have said enough.

 

"yes, don’t you remember? You saved her from almost drowning" grandfather continued.

 

 

Bae looked at me and then at my grandfather and then back at me. I looked away trying to ease the embarrassment.

 

"now it makes sense.." I heard her mutter. I don’t understand what she meant by that. What makes sense now ?

 

"I remember but I never thought it was … your granddaughter" she was looking at me as she was talking to my grandfather. Then her eyes darted back to my grandfather.

 

"I guess I should be grateful I saved you all these years back Miss Irene" she smiled at me. She smiled that empty fake smile. I don’t like seeing her like this at all…

 

The one who should be grateful is me.

 

 Don’t smile at me like this. It hurts me.

 

To see the one I cherish like this. And standing by not able to do anything… I am so useless…

 

I didn’t have an answer to her. I wanted to save her. Just like she saved me.

 

But I couldn’t.

 

After a few moments of awkward silence "m-Miss bae please come this way your room is ready" Mr. Choi saves the day once again.

 

Bae quietly followed him after bowing a final bow to grandfather and me.

 

After bae left I asked grandfather about what happened.

 

"why don’t you ask bae ? this is a good chance to get t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter